Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol at ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Lol all those dummies trying to stop a horse by standing in front of it. Seems like any event in an enclosed space with a ton of stupid horses should have a safety officer with a tranq rifle on standby.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

my favorite subplot of the administration atm is that from everything we see published or quoted, it looks the generals three have decided that they arent going to try to win the factional battle for control of trumps mush brain and will instead just run their own lil boutique govt shop w its own foreign policy and military engagement planning and so on, until and unless trump tells them unambiguously to stop

word is that a pile of pentagon procurement red tape is being cut to the point that approvals which would take months are now getting done in a day or two

the immediate takeaway is that the firehose is on and you'd best get your gettin' while the gettin' is good

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/politico/status/837044295794323473

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

wife's family had a purebred standard poodle with papers that ran about that much

why would you want a standard poodle if you're not street racing? automatic is so much more convenient

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
You're all bad at posting the actual funny horse thing

quote:

Ruddha posted:
I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying. I don’t know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don’t take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don’t scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they’re still absolutely going to.

Babies grow up and that’s okay, it’s like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol’ Freckles, thought of ants and died.

With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they’ve strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away.

Baronjutter posted:
As someone who grew up with a couple friends into horses and loving dressage I can say that if anything you are being way too easy going on them. Its like their survival strategy is to break their legs or kill them selves at the slightest sign of danger, or a noise, or a change in humidity.

My friends barn had to install a big fence because they were next to a turkey farm and despite the horses seeing these birds every single loving day, any time you’d ride past them most of the horses would briefly flip out and hurt them selves or throw their rider when the turkeys came into view. You could literally ride in a loop for an hour and every single time the horse would “scare” at the turkeys.

Maybe wilder horses are smarter but dressage horses are more fragile and stupid than a baby that just learned to crawl. They will jump onto fences and cut them selves in half, they will get stuck between buildings, they will randomly for no reason at all break their legs. If there is a way to kill or hurt them selves they will find it. And people drop 50k or more on these idiots.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My dog is also super dumb and once almost walked out of the dog park with a different couple because they were sort of the same height and skin color as me and my wife.

Oh he knew they were different people.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TWICE!!!!!!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

for real tho if you pay for a dog you're a chump. there are literally dogs everywhere you can grab ten of them for about an hours work

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mormonpartyboat posted:

word is that a pile of pentagon procurement red tape is being cut to the point that approvals which would take months are now getting done in a day or two

the immediate takeaway is that the firehose is on and you'd best get your gettin' while the gettin' is good

is this scuttlebutt or do you have sweet, juicy sources to go with it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

horse people are nuts about their stupid animals worth as much as a luxury car and them being suicidal infants makes that fact a lot funnier

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Dot.com boom and bust about to happen all over again.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Hmm that's a funny horse thing

Checks out

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Philthy posted:

Dot.com boom and bust about to happen all over again.

i want silicon valley to burn

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/837037585130225664

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Office Pig posted:

is this scuttlebutt or do you have sweet, juicy sources to go with it

100% scuttlebutt, but i'm in the MIC and it's directly impacting us soooo

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

and i must meme posted:

The show is very funny

But it's not worth the price of actually having silicon valley

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Shageletic posted:

Looking for hypocrosies is a journalist's game. It's beyond useless.

im not owned

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The best part about horses is that is only true if you're a decent horse owner and actually care for your horse. If you don't give a poo poo & keep in in a field with old rusting farm equipment with sharp edges and loose rolls of barbed wire on the ground it will be fine and healthy right up until you clean the pasture up and fix the fence at which point it will do this

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
mildly NWS horse the police below.

MOD EDIT: Link and label NWS content, do not spoiler it.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 2, 2017

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kung Food posted:

Investment chat got me interested in safer ways to put money away so I google, "Bubble proof investing" and this was literally the first result: https://www.amazon.com/Bubble-Proof-Estate-Investing-Business-Course/dp/0977421201
:lol:

loooooooooool

quote:

If you listen to the pundits, you must be waiting for the real estate market to come crashing down. Talk of a "real estate bubble" has scared investors and homeowners alike. Now three masters of real estate investing take on the "bubble babble" and puncture the myths that have spread through the media.

Every market, including real estate, has its cycles. The question is: do you have an investment strategy that is prepared for downturns as well as upturns? These three wealthy and successful investors all arrive at the same fundamental principles. They show you how you can safely invest in real estate and build your wealth at any point in the market cycle

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/880807.Bubble_Proof_Real_Estate_Investing_With_CD_ROM_with_Workbook_and_Trump_Cards_

Trump didn't write it, he just let them use his picture. This goes along with him saying you should invest in real estate in 2007 to his classes (thru one DVD ofc) though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

and i must meme posted:

It'll be the banking industry. Again.

Which will in turn burn silicon valley.

And everything else.

You can't really bubble proof, but you can minimize the damage. Moving into bonds have historically shaved a good 1/3-1/2 of the damage off if your money is locked in. Otherwise, get the money out and be ready to put it all back in again.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 1, 2017

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

trump has all dangerous undocumented immigrants sent to abu dhabi

deep cut

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

thank u...all jokes and nc/dc bustin aside u guys are amazing and put the actual media to shame a good deal of the time :patriot:

thx i'm glad my overwhelming ADD and obsessive nature is some use.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I once helped a family member take care of a horse because she had it raped/breed and when it gave birth it actually forgot it was pregnant and refused to mother the foal/colt what the gently caress ever so i wound up spending a couple nights in a tack room with a cot, an electric heater, and a game boy while I bottle feed the dumb thing.

On the bright side, once you know how to do that you can make like 50 bucks for an hours work picking horse stalls and poo poo so if you want to make some nice booze money and hit on cowgirls I would highly recommend

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/837003307902255105

quote:

An Iowa lawmaker who is pushing a controversial bill that caps the number of Democrats that state universities can hire as professors claimed on a government web site that he got a "business degree" from the "Forbco Management school."

But State Sen. Mark Chelgren's alleged alma mater is actually a company that operated a Sizzler steak house franchise in southern California and he doesn't have a "degree," Ed Failor, a spokesman for the Iowa State Republicans, told NBC News.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That's Roth IRAs, though. There are Roth 401(k) plans now, too, with the same limits as traditional 401(k)s.

What's a Roth 401k. Is that like taxed contributions but earnings are not taxed until withdrawals but less limits on contribution compared to the Roth IRA?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Philthy posted:

And everything else.

a structurally dangerous amount of silicon valley companies basically only continue to exist by being propped up through constant venture capital payouts and if the wealth this is based on suddenly stops coming the entire market falls apart

this will take down Uber almost instantly and that alone would gently caress over a ton of people across the globe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

someone post the funny horse thing

Ruddha posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don't take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don't scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they're still absolutely going to. Women who are obsessed with horses are just as bad as ones who are obsessed with anything else, but it may be dumber because it's a placeholder for animalistic male sexuality; however, in reality, it doesn't hold up because dominant male sexual energy is incompatible with horse personality and tendencies because, again, they're absolutely going to kill themselves by accident, whereas studs and straight power tops are highly unlikely to catch their reflection in a mirror then break their leg and get eaten by a mountain lioness

Ruddha posted:

Of course, if you don't nail little metal rings onto them, they'll split open, and then they'll die.

Ruddha posted:

I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying

Aleph Null posted:

My dad had a horse fall in a hole and almost die. They had to use a truck wench to get her out. She was too weak to walk so they tied ropes between two trees to hold her up. It took days of them hand feeding her before she could stand or walk on her own.
Less than a month later, she fell in the same hole and died.

Ruddha posted:

Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

Ruddha posted:

That's understandable, but in the scheme of things it's a fairly low chance. With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they've strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away

Baronjutter posted:
As someone who grew up with a couple friends into horses and loving dressage I can say that if anything you are being way too easy going on them. Its like their survival strategy is to break their legs or kill them selves at the slightest sign of danger, or a noise, or a change in humidity.

My friends barn had to install a big fence because they were next to a turkey farm and despite the horses seeing these birds every single loving day, any time you'd ride past them most of the horses would briefly flip out and hurt them selves or throw their rider when the turkeys came into view. You could literally ride in a loop for an hour and every single time the horse would "scare" at the turkeys.

Maybe wilder horses are smarter but dressage horses are more fragile and stupid than a baby that just learned to crawl. They will jump onto fences and cut them selves in half, they will get stuck between buildings, they will randomly for no reason at all break their legs. If there is a way to kill or hurt them selves they will find it. And people drop 50k or more on these idiots.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Shageletic posted:

thx i'm glad my overwhelming ADD and obsessive nature is some use.

samo

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Agean90 posted:

I once helped a family member take care of a horse because she had it raped/breed and when it gave birth it actually forgot it was pregnant and refused to mother the foal/colt what the gently caress ever so i wound up spending a couple nights in a tack room with a cot, an electric heater, and a game boy while I bottle feed the dumb thing.

On the bright side, once you know how to do that you can make like 50 bucks for an hours work picking horse stalls and poo poo so if you want to make some nice booze money and hit on cowgirls I would highly recommend

Breeding animals isn't rape what the hell is wrong with you

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Philthy posted:

And everything else.

It's going to be really bad next time because we don't have any branch of government that is sane enough to actually help a recovery. They will all be screaming to cut the deficit and cut social spending (even louder than now)

The worst parts of the recession will last years.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Agean90 posted:

being involved with horses is like the most massive :redflag: in existence for a woman so I would not recommend this

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:laffo:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Vladimir Putin posted:

What's a Roth 401k. Is that like taxed contributions but earnings are not taxed until withdrawals but less limits on contribution compared to the Roth IRA?

The earnings are never taxed don't tell anyone.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GODDAMIT

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We will see the stock market drop 5-10k and Trump will be tweeting the media is spreading lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Fullhouse posted:

a structurally dangerous amount of silicon valley companies basically only continue to exist by being propped up through constant venture capital payouts and if the wealth this is based on suddenly stops coming the entire market falls apart

this will take down Uber almost instantly and that alone would gently caress over a ton of people across the globe

Is twitter profitable ye-ahahah

• Locked thread