Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wheres this curved screen nonsense coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

I was kinda shocked at how bad the keyboard on the new mbps felt

its not awful but takes getting used to

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

wsj reported it based on a statement that they're using a flexible oled display

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and all apple leaks are now entirely correct so it's essentially confirmed

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i still miss the music app on ios 9.x coloring an album or artist view by the album cover or internet-acquired picture of the artist :(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

please dont kill the se timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

please dont kill the se timb

oh hell naw

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

likely they are pulling the 16GB SE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lysidas posted:

i still miss the music app on ios 9.x coloring an album or artist view by the album cover or internet-acquired picture of the artist :(

yeah idk why they got rid of that. it was a nice effect

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
hmm i was just about to upgrade from a 16gb to a 64gb se and give my mom the 16gb one, wonder whether i should do that ASAP

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Lysidas posted:

hmm i was just about to upgrade from a 16gb to a 64gb se and give my mom the 16gb one, wonder whether i should do that ASAP

they will probably drop the 16 and 64 and replace them with 32 and 128

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

graph posted:

Bith Ming kuo Cho and the Wall Street journal, so it's basically an unofficial press release at this point

Edit: Also it's just for the $1000 pro phone, there will be two phones that look like the 7 again

big shtick energy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 1, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol no

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
please don't post bad fan renders in this thread

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

DuckConference posted:

Bith Ming kuo Cho and the Wall Street journal, so it's basically an unofficial press release at this point

Edit: Also it's just for the $1000 pro phone, there will be two phones that look like the 7 again
seems intuitive but theyve both been super wrong at the same time in the past, so idk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a nerds cum dream

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
it's happening

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

a nerds cum dream

av/post combo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

seems intuitive but theyve both been super wrong at the same time in the past, so idk

"apple is building a television it will be out any day now" - the wall street journal for like 3 years, sourcing that other guy

macbook pro update: still awesome but whoever let jony make the arrow key layout this stupid deserves to be fired

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

"apple is building a television it will be out any day now" - the wall street journal for like 3 years, sourcing that other guy

macbook pro update: still awesome but whoever let jony make the arrow key layout this stupid deserves to be fired

p. sure jony is the guy who decides who is getting fired for making stupid things now

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jony is bannon if this current affairs analogy helps the understanding of the situation

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

jony is bannon if this current affairs analogy helps the understanding of the situation

i dont think thats quite accurate

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

i dont think thats quite accurate

ironically he meant race bannon, to tim's professor quest

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

infernal machines posted:

ironically he meant race bannon, to tim's professor quest

well both bannons are race bannons, in a way

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

p. sure jony is the guy who decides who is getting fired for making stupid things now

he still reports to tim who should be paying attention to stuff like this instead of jackin' it to a spreadsheet of how many more years they can keep using the iphone 5 tooling

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

how many more years they can keep using the iphone 5 tooling

forever because it's the best iphone form

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

qirex posted:

he still reports to tim who should be paying attention to stuff like this instead of jackin' it to a spreadsheet of how many more years they can keep using the iphone 5 tooling

fun but unrelated fact: i worked on the hmi for the laser cnc machine that sharpened the tool that cut the half-circle bevel on the side of the iphone 6

it was one hell of a tool with synthetic diamond on it. can't show you a real photo obviously but it looked something like this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/mcwm/status/837003695330115590

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if the new iphone has a bezel-less screen, it had better be done to reduce phone width and make one handed use comfortable again. if they just shove an even larger screen into an iphone 7 sized box ill be very disappointed

also flux on my mbp flakes out when the screen brightness auto adjusts, really looking forward to the imminent macOS point release with night shift

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

go play outside Skyler posted:

fun but unrelated fact: i worked on the hmi for the laser cnc machine that sharpened the tool that cut the half-circle bevel on the side of the iphone 6

it was one hell of a tool with synthetic diamond on it. can't show you a real photo obviously but it looked something like this

the iphone 6 is a bad design but the aluminum is machined in a pretty way, youre doing gods work

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

if the new iphone has a bezel-less screen, it had better be done to reduce phone width and make one handed use comfortable again. if they just shove an even larger screen into an iphone 7 sized box ill be very disappointed

sorry but market research says people love galaxy notes and tim doesnt have his own taste

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

heh, Nintendo Switch? more like Nintendo Sub

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

apple will only do a curved screen if it looks correct, aside from the new models being too big they havent hosed up the iphone formfactor yet

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Endless Mike posted:

yeah idk why they got rid of that. it was a nice effect

I'm sure there's actually a continuous code base that keeps getting redesigned for some reason, but as a user it sure seems like they just start over from scratch on music.app each year without any sort of long-term design guidelines. in the time that I've had an iphone I don't think they've ever even maintained feature parity between versions

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

NoneMoreNegative posted:

iTunes: The Downward Spiral

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I use cesium instead of music.ipa on iOS

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

go play outside Skyler posted:

very cool thank you for sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i know many people who would love a multi-sim iphone

i don't get what's wrong with this

this would be incredibly actually useful for large segments of the worlds population

• Locked thread