Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Xae posted:

Hopefully they address things like having to farm light hides for tar by boosting the tar output from heavy hides. Or the twine/plant fiber sink in tier 3.

There's a recipe that makes one thick hide into two regular hides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Ive gone ahead and voted this thread a five thanks to the appearance of doxxing drama. I hope everyone will do the same.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know what all this poo poo is about anymore but for the most part, the most vocal posters on the last few pages, beside myself, don't actually play the game.

I read too read Funcom's report and I am hopeful they start implementing more end game content. I also would like to see summoning avatars being reworked. Maybe if you use the token to call the god, your chars soul is consumed and now you have to start over at of 1 again.

That might be an interesting way to balance gods.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'd like to see this resolved in game Mano e Mano.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

None of these posters play though. Why they making GBS threads up this thread is beyond me.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

same, Luigi vs Kim in honorable combat

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
For the record I quit because the server died and I was getting bored with the fetch thrall train thrall, get more resources, fetch this fetch that only so I can blow into an empty base.

Game needs a lot of work, I'll check back in a few months.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

The Discord channels are locked based on server roles. The simple reason, like any survival game, was to delineate different groups which is why the conan groups had 5-6 roles added for different groups on the server. This was done pretty much as soon as different goon groups emerged. It's a farce to think that somehow there was only BMW in one base and all the goons in another. We had to add a bunch of channels and roles for different groups of goons on day one.

Besides that, to address your poor attempt at poo poo stirring, there is no command for an admin to teleport to another player in the game, and no rcon. Further, admin accounts have to be manually logged in separately when you are on the server and it sends a server wide notification every time a command is used. If you were being factual and fair you would know this because when I had to delete bases that were stopping NPC spawns at the request of players constantly, I had to have them draw me a general marker on a map and I had to walk there. The alleged workarounds by manually teleporting to XYZ coordinates don't work either, so yeah.

I mean don't take my word for it -- feel free to look up the command limitations yourself: ( http://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Admin_Commands ). But don't make yourself look like an rear end in a top hat by blatantly lying about something because you feel like bandwagoning.

I was phone posting earlier so I didn't address this as much as I should. One, admins can teleport to coordinates. You did it for me when I was telling you about a foundation blocking an NPC camp and gave you the coordinates from ToggleDebugHUD. Two, it is well known that admin commands in Conan Exiles do not give a server message - it's often complained about, too! That is a flat-out lie. I don't see why, believing yourself to be in the right here, you have to make poo poo up that is easily seen as wrong.

code:
"The first way is to have the player get their coordinates by holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift-L, have them copy the coordinates/command, then paste it in chat. You put the coordinates/command into the console and you will be teleported to them.
But what if you can't get the coordinates from them? Not every player will be eager to have an admin check out what they're doing.
The second way to teleport to a player is to open the console and type "ViewPlayer PlayersName", Then in console type "Teleport", Next you'll type "ViewPlayer YourOwnName".
It's the only solution I've found that lets you teleport to a player without their direct cooperation.
Let me know if you have any questions, or know any other ways to teleport to players.
And if you're not a server admin but looking for a good server to play on try searching for Keangdom in the server browser. We'd love some more people to play with.
EDIT: We've noticed the second method only seems to work if Steam names are used. If their in-game name is different than their Steam name, you still need to use their Steam name to teleport to them. I'm not sure what the best way to find their Steam name is.
EDIT 2: You can get a players Steam username by typing in the console "PrintPlayerInfo PlayersInGameName" *Note: Make sure you push ~ twice to open the full console, otherwise you won't see the results.
EDIT 3: Instead of typing "ViewPlayer YourOwnName" you can type "ViewSelf""

Taylor Swift posted:

Cool so it doesnt exist just like the Conan drama doesnt exist. tia

Things that didn't happen, unless you mean the griefing thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6

Yes, you didn't get the Rust thread closed for doxxing, you're right. I misremembered it all along! And then an admin didn't question you about it in the BMW thread afterward! How silly of me! Hm, it's almost as if everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie....

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 1, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I'm going to build an arena on my server this weekend and then pass out the server info.

If you guys don't show I hereby declare this gay, gay argument over.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

Yes, you didn't get the Rust thread closed for doxxing, you're right. I misremembered it all along! And then an admin didn't question you about it in the BMW thread afterward! How silly of me! Hm, it's almost as if everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie....

Proofs? I don't recall this lock? I remember FAU being dumb, but not the lock.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

I was phone posting earlier so I didn't address this as much as I should. One, admins can teleport to coordinates. You did it for me when I was telling you about a foundation blocking an NPC camp and gave you the coordinates from ToggleDebugHUD. Two, it is well known that admin commands in Conan Exiles do not give a server message - it's often complained about, too! That is a flat-out lie. I don't see why, believing yourself to be in the right here, you have to make poo poo up that is easily seen as wrong.

Spoken like someone who has never had to use the admin panel. And TT didn't actually teleport to us or get teleported either, how weird is that? :v:

Also your feigned outrage sure didn't stop you from actively participating in our raid and helping us blow into your neighbors base so you could take all their poo poo did it? :smuggo:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Proof will be declared by the sword.

https://youtu.be/vOofKsny66o

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Spoken like someone who has never had to use the admin panel. And TT didn't actually teleport to us or get teleported either, how weird is that? :v:

Also your feigned outrage sure didn't stop you from actively participating in our raid and helping us blow into your neighbors base so you could take all their poo poo did it? :smuggo:

I know he didn't, that's why I didn't say anything. I merely stated that this implied he had no qualms about abusing. Then you and Taylor flipped out. Hell, I even defended you when the dudes we raided accused you of admin abusing - because I knew you weren't.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Conan should come and Exile this thread.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadget posted:

I know he didn't, that's why I didn't say anything. I merely stated that this implied he had no qualms about abusing. Then you and Taylor flipped out. Hell, I even defended you when the dudes we raided accused you of admin abusing - because I knew you weren't.

Oh neat, so given the one opportunity you were privvy to the potential for admin abuse you took note that none occurred, and yet you gaslit the thread anyway with your commentary that that was likely why we were always in a locked channel.

You're an idiot.

IMO the only reason this thread shouldn't be gassed is because it's easier and more fun to grief you than anyone in game atm :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Please add this to the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Wallet posted:

There's a recipe that makes one thick hide into two regular hides.

Yeah, but it is dumb to have to do that. Heavy hides should just generate 2 or 3 tar.

And as long as I'm listing QOL changes silk shouldn't take ages to craft from gossamer.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Proofs? I don't recall this lock? I remember FAU being dumb, but not the lock.

You sure love being deliberately obtuse, don't you?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670456&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=82

"wanted posters" referred to in the screenshot were the real life pictures you and other BMW members posted on the walls of your base in-game, which got you banned from a server and got the Rust thread shut down for a while. There is your proof. How will you deny it next, Mr. Trump?

Kimsemus posted:

Oh neat, so given the one opportunity you were privvy to the potential for admin abuse you took note that none occurred, and yet you gaslit the thread anyway with your commentary that that was likely why we were always in a locked channel.

You're an idiot.

IMO the only reason this thread shouldn't be gassed is because it's easier and more fun to grief you than anyone in game atm :v:

None occurred because everyone ignored him because it was awkward for the OWNER of the server to be asking for coordinates so he could abuse. Him asking is enough proof to me that he did other things. And I'm not being griefed at all...I've been pointing out you and Taylor's lies constantly...so...how am I being griefed?

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 1, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadget posted:

You sure love being deliberately obtuse, don't you?

"wanted posters" referred to in the screenshot were the real life pictures you and other BMW members posted on the walls of your base in-game, which got you banned from a server and got the Rust thread shut down for a while. There is your proof. How will you deny it next, Mr. Trump?

I didn't deny it, I just said I didn't remember it.

Also we didn't get banned from that server, the admin just sighed and removed the plugin that allowed us to upload images.

GoGoGadget posted:

Taylor's lies constantly

:ironicat:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Thinking about how the dota thread was deemed unfit for these fair forums

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Did you just call your opponent in a debate about video games Mr. Trump?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the part where I hit the rock and then I take the rock and then run away from a nasty alligator.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

Did you just call your opponent in a debate about video games Mr. Trump?

Not the first time he's done it either :smug:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Taylor Swift posted:

:pusheen:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
So the zerg for this game imploded in less than a month?

:wow:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

Who would have thought an EA game would be barely playable in its infancy.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I for one already feel like I got my money's worth. :toot:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jackard posted:

The game has lost I think 20% of its population from launch but still has a healthy player base. The first major patch will most likely see a large return. They have already made back their development cost and then some. But yeah, there isn't much to do in the game right now.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Taylor Swift posted:

I have no idea what this slap fight is about and I don't care, I came here to ask about fences, but oh my God.

Godwin's Law II: Electric Boogaloo, Trump Towers Edition.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I like the part where I hit the rock and then I take the rock and then run away from a nasty alligator.

I really like the map.

RPGs have become obsessed with smooth progression. Everything is on a nice gentle curve that slopes upward as you progress but never challenges you too much.

The CE map is uneven. It isn't an expertly tuned smooth progression. You don't know if that new thing you encounter is going to murder you. It was a nice change from the current norm.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I love this thread. If this thread is the Conan movie then I'm the Mongol who asks what's best in life.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm Crom in that Im a big guy but I dont care and dont get involved.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Glenn Quebec posted:

I love this thread. If this thread is the Conan movie then I'm the Mongol who asks what's best in life.

Who's the Mongol dork who wrongly answers, "the wind in your hair"?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Taylor Swift posted:

Who would have thought an EA game would be barely playable in its infancy.

The game is very playable and very fun.

Toxic idiots who want to make everything into a pissing match make me enjoy the game, just away from Goons.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

The game is very playable and very fun.

Toxic idiots who want to make everything into a pissing match make me enjoy the game, just away from Goons.

Its fun, but for us its not great with low server sizes and clan sizes. So we cant hellspergzerg like we want.

It is fun though, I'll admit that though, but like someone else said, its still probably a few months away from being peak fun.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Taylor Swift posted:

Its fun, but for us its not great with low server sizes and clan sizes. So we cant hellspergzerg like we want.

It is fun though, I'll admit that though, but like someone else said, its still probably a few months away from being peak fun.

This is fair but the fact they are doubling down, budget-wise on this game makes me happy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is there some bug with placing the Altar of Set? I've built two of them but can't put them even where there's no message on the screen saying something is blocking it or there's not enough ground contact. I even built up a bunch of foundations to put it on with no success.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Wait, so one of these weirdos was e-stalking people so he could post their pictures inside his base in Rust? That is some hilarious levels of creepy.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wait, so one of these weirdos was e-stalking people so he could post their pictures inside his base in Rust? That is some hilarious levels of creepy.

Something Awful Dot Com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

William Bear posted:

Who's the Mongol dork who wrongly answers, "the wind in your hair"?

Easily gogogadget.

• Locked thread