Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

"i can still taste him on you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Concerned Citizen posted:

the dnc (distinct from hfa)

Sorry, you lost me there.

it was a good idea

Clearly it was not a good idea because Donald J Trump is president.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:yikes:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

So you're telling me she can win the presidency???

tulsi/icbm 2020

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bernie Sanders will never win because he's gonna raise my taxes and I'm barely scraping by. How much do I make? Six figures, basically nothing :qq:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ICBM should be on the top of the ticket, it did very well at the debates and also it won't be around for long

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mordiceius posted:

Another gem from my mother-in-law:

It would have been better if the Government had people put there money in a savings account that they could not touch until retirement. The government has spent people's social security. I am not planning on drawing social security. I came from nothing. Me and my husband have worked hard. We own two businesses with only a High school education. So if you work hard you can do anything.

She owns two businesses :hmm:
In a state known for stealing land and property from black people and giving it to whites :hmm:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

Sorry, you lost me there.

i mean the dnc comms team had a strategy to make the gop field less viable against the democratic nominee (who was, of course, probably hillary). this is the type of the thing the dnc should be doing. hfa had a strategy to win the primary. they were distinct.

quote:

Clearly it was not a good idea because Donald J Trump is president.

the strategy was meant to tarnish the field as a whole, and it succeeded. this is the same strategy the rnc employed against the dems in 2004 when they tried to elevate howard dean. the idea that it was responsible for trump winning is inane - trump got a lot of coverage because he constantly said outrageous poo poo, not because the democratic party instructed the media to cover him.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

"i can still taste him on you"
wait which one is saying that

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

the strategy was meant to tarnish the field as a whole, and it succeeded. this is the same strategy the rnc employed against the dems in 2004 when they tried to elevate howard dean. the idea that it was responsible for trump winning is inane - trump got a lot of coverage because he constantly said outrageous poo poo, not because the democratic party instructed the media to cover him.

The fact that the DNC explicitly and demonstrably wanted the media to cover Trump was just icing on the cake

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the strategy was meant to tarnish the field as a whole, and it succeeded.

I don't suppose you've noticed that Republicans currently control all branches of government at the federal level and most states? Sure tarnished the hell out of 'em.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

call to action posted:

The fact that the DNC explicitly and demonstrably wanted the media to cover Trump was just icing on the cake

trump, and also ben carson, and also ted cruz.

Thoguh posted:

I don't suppose you've noticed that Republicans currently control all branches of government at the federal level and most states? Sure tarnished the hell out of 'em.

if rubio had been the nominee, the gop would have a larger house and senate majority, won NH and NV, and taken NC gov. so i'd say the strategy succeeded. a weak person was nominated by the gop. the dnc did its job. hillary was just a weaker candidate.

edit: to clarify - if rubio had been the nominee without trump running up those early victories, having emerged without being weakened by the primary process.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Mar 1, 2017

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
you see, without the DNC encouraging trump, congress would be renaming the constitution to "The Jebstitution" and we would all be forced to hail jeb bush, first american god-king

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DNC doesn't know how to win races

Only how to raise money

Hth

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

UHD posted:

what's the difference between a liberal, a neoliberal, and a centrist

Neoliberalism is capitalism as a return/restoration vs capitalism as novelty, it seems to re establish an order with capitalists holding all control and the vast majority of the wealth and resources, this restoration of class role and power through neoliberalism began in the 1970s.

Key factors of neoliberalism include what Mark Fisher describes as a magical inversion disavowel mechanism, in which a false dichotomy of class issues vs identity issues emerges, this is neoliberalisms way of rejecting tangible and matireal conditions and methods for dealing with them. This is seen through a rejection of class issues and class consciousness by viewing societal problems on a hyper individualistic level that fails to adress issues on a structural or systemic basis. This is how neoliberalism solves the paradox of claiming persecution/oppression while obtaining casts amounts of power and wealth.

Neoliberalism is really good at convincing people that it is the only "realistic" mode of society/capitalism which you can see in this very thread by looking at how the people parroting neoliberal rhetoric often attempt to position themselves as the "adult in the room". It's so effective at convincing people of its role at the "end of history" because it lacks a central power or focus, it instead burrows its way into society and peoples view of society in an almost invisible way that saturates every aspect of culture. A third way neoliberalism convinces people of its inevitably is by describing itself as a safe and stable system, capitalists cannot make the argument that neoliberalism is great, or at this point even good, so instead it presents itself as the only alternative to the cruel and dangerous "other" representing any other ideas for governance/society.

This is of course ridiculous as we've all been watching the world rapidly become more and more destabilized both domestically and abroad as a result of neoliberalism, and beyond that neoliberalism, and industrial capitalism in general have only existed for a tiny blip of time in the history of human society.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
And a small fry and a frosty please.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grey Fox posted:

wait which one is saying that

joe

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Sir this is a Chick-fil-A, would you like a Bible with your meal

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

UV_Catastrophe posted:

you see, without the DNC encouraging trump, congress would be renaming the constitution to "The Jebstitution" and we would all be forced to hail jeb bush, first american god-king

Jebulations!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

DNC doesn't know how to win races

Only how to raise money

Hth

Dunno seems like they just won one a few days back?!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
neoliberalism is liberalism that took the red pill

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mormonpartyboat posted:

woah

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zegermans posted:

tbf the dnc was too busy navel gazing to take part in that unless one of the candidates made a visit that I wasn't aware of and am too lazy to look up right now

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

You're mistaking "winning" with "anti-semitism"

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

mormonpartyboat posted:

Actually it's capitalism that mastered how to extract value from workers and redistribute it to the wealthy while convincing the wage slaves it's just how the world works and the best we can do about it is making sure the 1% match up with census demographics.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

UHD posted:

tbf the dnc was too busy navel gazing to take part in that unless one of the candidates made a visit that I wasn't aware of and am too lazy to look up right now

I thought crazy zeger was talking about the establishment hero Tommy Pickles getting chair of the DNC

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I thought crazy zeger was talking about the establishment hero Tommy Pickles getting chair of the DNC

are you trump

who the gently caress is tommy pickles

also I thought he was talking about the delaware special election

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

UHD posted:

are you trump

Yes I'm Trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

UHD posted:

are you trump

Tommy Pickles is Tom Perez, you probably could have inferred that from the "chair of the DNC" part

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
bold leadership that the DNC can count on

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anyway we're getting off-topic, let's go back to talking about how we're all Nazis now because Tulsi Gabbard exists

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

u motherfuckre

loquacius posted:

Tommy Pickles is Tom Perez, you probably could have inferred that from the "chair of the DNC" part

oh ok I was in a dark place for a while there ty

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
remember when lucy flores got a bernie endorsement and outraised ruben kihuen by more than 2-to-1, then lost by 14 points?

ruben will brag to anyone who listens that he never bought any yard signs. makes you think.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

call to action posted:

i mean yeah, he says all kinds of crazy poo poo that if anything mattered would literally sink any politician

how was anyone suppose to know nothing would matter back in the halcyon days of 2016

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

Anyway we're getting off-topic, let's go back to talking about how we're all Nazis now because Tulsi Gabbard exists

trump wants to ban mexicans (re: anyone from any country south of the border) because he knows democrats are secretly all boys from brazil

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i mean why on earth wouldn't a party committee attack the gop frontrunner who says crazy poo poo all the time? what strategy are they supposed to take? pretend he doesn't exist?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i mean why on earth wouldn't a party committee attack the gop frontrunner who says crazy poo poo all the time? what strategy are they supposed to take? pretend he doesn't exist?

think it would have been nicer if she did other stuff too

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

UHD posted:

think it would have been nicer if she did other stuff too

i'm talking about the dnc's "pied piper" strategy during the primaries, not hillary's campaign which obviously had its own problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie Sanders would have won.

• Locked thread