Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Trumaine Johnson got tagged, now the highest paid corner in the NFL

This was the Rams most pressing need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If the 49ers run out Alshon, Garcon, Torrey with Kirk Cousins slinging it behind a rebuilt o-line in 2018

Be.

Still.

My.

Beating.

Heart.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

SKULL.GIF posted:

was looking up Patriots cap room to reply to this and I noticed Brady is being paid 1 million dollars for 2017.

Countdown to the league demanding a minimum pay so winning teams like the Patriots can't get superior talent for pennies while everyone else pays out the rear end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

latinotwink1997 posted:

Countdown to the league demanding a minimum pay so winning teams like the Patriots can't get superior talent for pennies while everyone else pays out the rear end.

There is a minimum pay, and Brady isn't being paid, $1m this year, that's just his base pay.

Because of the suspension, Brady redid his contract last year, and lowered the base pay for 2016/2107 to $1m with a $28m signing bonus. So he's being paid $15m a year, he just got almost all of it upfront.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

not to mention all the money under the table from his steroid company.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Whatever Brady is doing works and everyone should clearly be doing it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

Whatever Brady is doing works and everyone should clearly be doing it.

So dudes?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

FizFashizzle posted:

not to mention all the money under the table from his steroid company.

Book sales, etc. But it's ok because Brady.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

latinotwink1997 posted:

They paid him it all in bonus because bonuses aren't reduced by suspensions and salaries are, so he lost 1/4th of 1m instead of 1/4th of 14m. It was a gently caress you to the league, and gave Brady more money not less.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Michael Sam was bad so maybe it only works on offense.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ha ha the joke is Brady is gay, how droll.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris Long says mission accomplished, I want to actually hit QB's again and won't re-sign with the Pats:

Considering his lack of production, he certainly thinks he was something that wasn't shown last year. Good dude, wish him the best.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Big Chris Long fan. I wanted him over Jake (and Matt Ryan) that year

He's not the Watt/Bosa level stud I thought he would turn out to be, but he was solid and seems like a great locker room guy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, good locker room guy. He didn't have much push at all this year, but he certainly thinks that was due to how the Pats were using him then due to his age.

He could be right, the Pats sure as gently caress spent a ton of the year rushing 3 guys, but that could also be because Chris Long was a starting pass rusher... so who knows.

Either way, I hope he goes somewhere and a bunch of sacks, good dude.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/837038312875515906

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Two bad teams are all that are willing to stick their necks out for Glennon

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kalli posted:

Jairus Byrd - 31
Jamaal Charles - 31
Darrelle Revis - 32
Adrian Peterson - 32

Imagine saying all these guys would be shot by now 3 years ago.
The 2007 draft class with Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis is basically down to Joe Thomas. That's depressing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The 2007 draft class with Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis is basically down to Joe Thomas. That's depressing.

Hey Ted Ginn still has a job & he's the only other top 10 pick of that draft with one, somehow.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

And the guy the Bucs drafted #4 overall has been dead for 7 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

4 of the 5 guys drafted immediately after Okoye :negative:

I know nothing about Carriker, which I chalk up to him being a Ram

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

why even bother living

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike Glennon is the guy you sign to eat 6 games before whomever you draft in the 2nd round takes over.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Glennon got the worst luck: free agent former backup QB who looked decent in limited action the year after The Brockening

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

why even bother living

I'd take him in rebuild year. Then they are go all out for Darnold or Cousins next year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'd take him in rebuild year. Then they are go all out for Darnold or Cousins next year.

but you have to get hackenberg some experience!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Rosen yo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Intruder posted:

4 of the 5 guys drafted immediately after Okoye :negative:

I know nothing about Carriker, which I chalk up to him being a Ram

He wasn't very good, every player from the Spagnuolo years are loving bad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/836998972170518533

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

If you want Darnold just roll with the unholy combo of Hack and Petty in order to get us as close to #1 as possible.

I'm semi on-board with this plan.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Right? Playing Hack seems like a win&win if you look at the long game.

Also a win for us because lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

If you want Darnold just roll with the unholy combo of Hack and Petty in order to get us as close to #1 as possible.

Why else keep Bowles another year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I am too but they won't do that.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Bengals are only willing to listen to first round picks for McCarron and want to possibly re-sign him despite him saying he wants to start elsewhere.

They also only want to spend 15 million on their free agents and are possibly re-signing none of them.

In case you were reserved about fully joining the Bengals are loving stupid bandwagon, here you go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A first round pick for AJ McCarron

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Andey...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jalen Mills just posted an...interesting tweet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Diva Cupcake posted:

They're trying to save their jobs so no, this won't happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

A first round pick for AJ McCarron

but enough about the texans

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am surprised more people aren't talking about Landry Jones. Steelers are probably going to extend him as a backup, but he actually showed improvement not just from this to the last, but also as the season went on. He basically looked like a mid tier talent against the Browns in the final game, and kept the Steelers close to the Pats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

swickles posted:

I am surprised more people aren't talking about Landry Jones. Steelers are probably going to extend him as a backup, but he actually showed improvement not just from this to the last, but also as the season went on. He basically looked like a mid tier talent against the Browns in the final game, and kept the Steelers close to the Pats.

Hasnt Ben been thinking about retiring? I wouldnt be surprised if they kept him around for a while if they like him. But yeah I'm surprised that more people arent talking about trying to acquire him.

• Locked thread