Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust posted:

When does Phoenix Wright get less-than-really-good? I've just completed the case with Von Karma (the vampire-looking prosecutor) and it feels great.
The next case is even better. There is one case later on that is simply slower and loses on intensity but the entire trilogy is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jay Rust posted:

When does Phoenix Wright get less-than-really-good? I've just completed the case with Von Karma (the vampire-looking prosecutor) and it feels great.
The next game is a bit of a low point, though it also features what is arguably the best final case in the entire franchise.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Up until the last case the second game is kinda hit or miss. I don't think the series ever gets bad even at its worst (AAI), but it has its peaks and valleys.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

There's a case in Justice for All which is less-than-really-good and then there's Apollo Justice, which is less-than-really-good for most of the game, but still very much worth playing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I would however like to utilize whatever mind powers I possibly have to convince you to never, ever play Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So far the game hasn't forced me to look up a solution, a.k.a "how the hell was I supposed to figure that out" syndrome, which is probably the one thing that might break my enthusiasm if it happens too often too quickly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/836819177126178820

Nintendo: cementing their legacy as true heroes

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Goon review-wise we tend to have folks who write up why they like the game / why they hate it and that's useful to me!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lobok posted:

Yup. If it wasn't clear from my post, DOOM is everything I wanted and lots of things I never even knew I wanted.

I'm glad you're enjoying it :) I was stating that I still like the game and don't look back on it as "maybe it wasn't that good🤔" Not quoting you in particular.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I feel this is a prank to get people to lick game carts like idiots, but Jeff Gerstmann's reaction was so genuine that I don't know what to think.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If you've ever seen a Vita or Switch Cart, you might see why a small child might put them in their mouth. They're tiny.

Adults licking them is a different problem entirely.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 1, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It turns out all Nintendo Switch carts are poison. The mass fatalities send Nintendo's stock down a whole 2% until they announce Pokemon Stars for the Switch.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, another hardware fail on Nintendo's part - there's no way they'll be able to fix the cartridge taste before next week's release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

eat cartridges to get the power, Nintendo Power

gonna find all the powerups and secrets

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Captain Toad Licking

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Palpek posted:

drat, another hardware fail on Nintendo's part - there's no way they'll be able to fix the cartridge taste before next week's release.

Drafting my Polygon article titled "Nintendo Switch: Bitter Defeat"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's everyone's favourite cartridge in terms of taste? The special gold-coloured Ocarina of Time cartridge for Nintendo 64 is probably mine, off the top of my head.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aged Earthbound, for the scratch and sniff cards will make it smell like farts.

Hence the high prices for a physical copy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh! Uh, hey dad! Didn't hear you come down the stairs! No no, I was blowing on my cartridge to get it to work. My lips just got too close. Stupid me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What's everyone's favourite cartridge in terms of taste? The special gold-coloured Ocarina of Time cartridge for Nintendo 64 is probably mine, off the top of my head.

Cooking Mama

senran kagura bon appetit if I'm eating alone

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jay Rust posted:

I'm trying to remember the name. gently caress. It's on the tip of my tongue.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Japanese release of Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations had the aroma and flavor of black coffee

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I actually really want to make molds out of different game cartridges and cast them in chocolate now, and it surprises me that I can't find evidence of this already existing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I actually really want to make molds out of different game cartridges and cast them in chocolate now, and it surprises me that I can't find evidence of this already existing.

at least you can buy game cartridge soap

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I remember the Super Nintendo cartridges tasting ok

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You are right DK, this cartridge does not taste like a banana.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Finally that tech developed for that Earthbound ad pays off

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Phoenix Wright gets bad with Apollo Justice, the fourth and worst game in the series.

Although nobody really likes the circus case in Phoenix Wright 2, that's the only bad case in the original trilogy. And it's still way better than That loving Case from Apollo Justice.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nintendo switch: This Snipperclips Carts Tastes Terrible

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Phoenix Wright gets bad with Apollo Justice, the fourth and worst game in the series.

Although nobody really likes the circus case in Phoenix Wright 2, that's the only bad case in the original trilogy. And it's still way better than That loving Case from Apollo Justice.

I wouldn't say apollo justice is bad but it's definitely not as good as the others. Every other game in the series is amazing though (including the investigations games)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Play Apollo Justice if you absolutely must have more Ace Attorney after you finish everything else I guess (EXCEPT Vs. Professor Layton which you just shouldn't play probably)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A cool drat horse posted:

I wouldn't say apollo justice is bad but it's definitely not as good as the others. Every other game in the series is amazing though (including the investigations games)

Ehhhh Layton vs Wright is probably skippable too.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
mmm I still need to play Investigations 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Play and enjoy all of the Ace Attorneys IMO

This includes Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

layton vs wright has some top tier cute little models of the characters. and it has darklaw

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Play Apollo Justice

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also be sure to play the best Phoenix Wright game, Ghost Trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted: