Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dial-a-Dog posted:

"Being held in small, enclosed spaces, or pressed against something obstructing its path does it no favours."

So it won't work in my butt then?

drat, gotta rethink my plans....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
More like the Nintendo Squish because.... ummmm... errr........... IT SUCKJS!!!!

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
the charging port is on the bottom of the screen? thats dumb as hell

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Roargasm posted:

lol so you cant charge it when its stood up on its little stand thing

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Roargasm posted:

sounds like something out of Tim Cook's playbook

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

"Being held in small, enclosed spaces, or pressed against something obstructing its path does it no favours.". I'm pretty sure it's talking about hands, I can't imagine what the actual size of the room would have to do with anything, and the chart shows it getting much worse with any distance so

Hey man wireless controllers are very cutting edge technology so it's understandable that Nintendo would be struggling with getting them to work reliably

Only registered members can see post attachments!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Code Jockey posted:

lmao the switch is my computer from 5 years ago

My cheap laptop with a mobile GPU from six years ago played games that looked better than their showcase.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

you cant even charge the controllers while you're playing on the loving tv?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

lol I cant even buy breath of the wild for my wii U because I live in a different region from where I bought it gently caress my gay life

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bitmap posted:

lol I cant even buy breath of the wild for my wii U because I live in a different region from where I bought it gently caress my gay life

region locking lol

a cursory google search says the switch won't be region locked, so hooray for that I guess?

e. lmao from Nintendo's site

quote:

Does the Wii U Have Region Encoding?

Applies to: Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

Yes, Wii U systems are region locked.

Region locking enables Nintendo to include parental controls and more efficiently deliver region-specific system and menu updates to users.

In order to make the process convenient for users, we will be as flexible as possible with how we define each region. For example, Europe is being defined as one region.

the gently caress does region locking have to do with parental controls

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

region locking lol

a cursory google search says the switch won't be region locked, so hooray for that I guess?

a cursory googling also says that the switch is a baffling piece of dogshit. I've been trolling in this thread as a nintendo fanboy for like 20 pages, and went as far as to make fun of people who thought buying the switch for just one game was asinine. Now I gotta eat poo poo and buy a busted console to play one game for reals and it STINKS.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

5/10 from Wired

Sounds like a day one buy for me

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
  • Left wireless controller regularly desyncs as well as losing responsiveness when covered by hand/not aimed directly at TV
  • Can't charge controllers while playing on TV without a $30 accessory
  • Can't lay the system down while it's in the stand
  • No ethernet in $90 stand which is literally nothing more than a fancy breakout box for HDMI + power socket.
  • Can't charge while using the flip-out stand as power socket is on bottom
  • Comes with 32GB of storage, of which 7GB is already used by the operating system
  • Games are super-compressed to fit in cartriges/suit use of memorycard storage
  • Internal specs designed to target 720p internals screen, flagship game can't achieve 30fps when running at 900p on TV
  • 3 hour battery life when off charger
  • Region Locked

Friends, I think the Switch might be bad.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bitmap posted:

Softmod, :filez:, and play!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serak posted:

• Left wireless controller regularly desyncs as well as losing responsiveness when covered by hand/not aimed directly at TV
  • No ethernet in $90 stand which is literally nothing more than a fancy breakout box for HDMI + power socket.
  • Comes with 32GB of storage, of which 7GB is already used by the operating system
  • Internal specs designed to target 720p internals screen, flagship game can't achieve 30fps when running at 900p on TV
  • Region Locked

also it apparently only takes an hour to beat the new zelda

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Serak posted:

• Region Locked

but mario

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Mammal Sauce posted:

Softmod, :filez:, and play!

I'll just get a friend to mail me a wii u pal copy. in two pages i've done a complete 180 and can see, with eyes unclouded, that the switch is bad.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Serak posted:

• Region Locked

One of the reviews I read was like "yeah a bunch of this stuff isn't available yet and you need to buy some extra accessories to actually use it and some things don't appear to work right but I'm playing Zelda right now so it's great!!!!". Great review there.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

sounds like something out of Tim Cook's playbook

jfc

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Lol if you're mad that the Switch is region locked

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lemming posted:

justifications for region locking in tyool 2017 include the folllowing:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

goons get salty when they cant play their jack off anime panty games

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

justifications for region locking in tyool 2017 include the folllowing:

It's lol because it's not region locked

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/mcwm/status/837003695330115590

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

its not region locked, but that doesn't matter because according to the wired dude it couldn't even survive the rigors of a daily train trip during a week of testing. jfc.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Serak posted:

• Region Locked

I'm very happy that next-next gen PC Zelda is a go.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lemming posted:

It's lol because it's not region locked

*wads up hat, throws it on the ground*

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Dreamcast was better than Switch.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kainser posted:

The Dreamcast was better than Switch.

the dreamcast was better than most consoles

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it will be locked in the region that contains all of nintendo's other failed consoles that you bought, so in a sense it is region locked

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The magic of USB-C

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Serak posted:

• Region Locked

[*] Loses charge while being used in docked mode

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

it will be locked in the region that contains all of nintendo's other failed consoles that you bought, so in a sense it is region locked

its all coming down around my ears. the wii was...bad. the wii u was bad! I didnt need that dumb controller screen! I only have three games and one of them is a remaster of a gamecube game! holy gently caress

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I assumed that's because the Switch is racing for it's life trying to keep up rendering at 900p and basically threw any semblance of power management out the window

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I can't wait to buy the region free all zelda games bundle version of breath of the wild from the steam PC store of 2021.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Bad news y'all the games taste bad
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-cartridges-taste-so-bad-1792869498

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The reviewers said it seems to stop at 88%, so if this is intentional, it's likely because in the long term, if the battery always remains fully charged, lithium ion batteries lose storage capacity the fastest if they're stored fully charged. The overall lifetime of the battery is extended if it doesn't always sit at 100% capacity, so that's probably why.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

The reviewers said it seems to stop at 88%, so if this is intentional, it's likely because in the long term, if the battery always remains fully charged, lithium ion batteries lose storage capacity the fastest if they're stored fully charged. The overall lifetime of the battery is extended if it doesn't always sit at 100% capacity, so that's probably why.

this makes sense, but in my case wouldnt matter, because if i get this turd, I'll just get a pro controller and the system will never leave its dock

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe Nintendo and Sega will merge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!