Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the multiplayer at pax is a guided multiplayer demo

EA have thrown this poo poo rear end game to the wolves

Where do you get that impression from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Nichael posted:

Where do you get that impression from?

i have no faith in the game, so clearly ea agrees with me

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I preordered the game and I took a week vacation from 20th to 24th Feb.

Because you see, in this socialized hell hole I live in, I get 6 weeks paid vacation every year and unlimited sick days and I just don't know when to take all of that time off!!

I just wanted to get that out there - because I can.

Thanks Merkel.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lollerich posted:

I preordered the game and I took the week from 20th to 24th vacation. Because you see, in this socialized hell hole I live in, I get 6 weeks paid vacation every year and unlimited sick days and I just don't know when to take all of that time off!!

I just wanted to get that out there - because I can.

Thanks Merkel.

Can you come get your nazis? we have some stupid ones here. :hfive: sup mass effect vacation buddy

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Cowcaster posted:

up until that other poster told me i had no idea who patrick weekes was i was making a joke

OK. I think precision is saying you can link Gnosticism to a lot of low-mid tier creative writing for the same reason you can link Joseph Campbell's monomyth to a lot of low-mid tier creative writing (because that's what the 'industrial writers' in TV/film/games are taught), which was Patrick Weekes' defence when he was called out on all the Bioware RPG plots being the same, down to the order of essential plot beats.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lt. Danger posted:

OK. I think precision is saying you can link Gnosticism to a lot of low-mid tier creative writing for the same reason you can link Joseph Campbell's monomyth to a lot of low-mid tier creative writing (because that's what the 'industrial writers' in TV/film/games are taught), which was Patrick Weekes' defence when he was called out on all the Bioware RPG plots being the same, down to the order of essential plot beats.

oh for sure man

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I give 0 shits about "multiplayers for betas" or whatever it is

I just want to experience the cool and good new story and lore and environments and characters of the new single player mode

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Drifter posted:

Ahahahaha ten hours of the STORY rpg!!!! Hahahahaha

Pretty sure the tech test they're referring to is the beta thing everyone signed up for back in like, january or december.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I just want to experience the cool and good new story and lore and environments and characters of the new single player mode

I have some bad news for you RE: ME:A :itwaspoo:

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Hedrigall posted:

How attached are you to that cool and good requirement?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Can you come get your nazis? we have some stupid ones here. :hfive: sup mass effect vacation buddy
Can't, there's no Lebensraum left here. It's all been occupied by highly, in some cases even over-, qualified recent arrivals.

Nonetheless: :hfive: mass effect vacation buddy

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 2, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drifter posted:

Ahahahaha ten hours of the STORY rpg!!!! Hahahahaha

The Origin Access trial is still happening you dunce, this was for a possible multiplayer beta test.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well no matter what happens with Andromeda, I've got ME2 and 3 again. :toot:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'm going to buy it and play it and even if it sucks I will still spend hours and hours playing it thereby getting my money's worth. :shrug:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deakul posted:

The Origin Access trial is still happening you dunce, this was for a possible multiplayer beta test.

I'll never walk back my comments. This game gonna SUUUUUCK!

(please don't suck :ohdear:)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well you can tell us all for sure 10 hours after Origin Access unlocks, if you can wait that long.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh, hey, Bioware's PAX East schedule:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Kurieg posted:

Only if Grunt has a massive billowing cape and is standing on the bow of the ship, in vacuum.

This is a story of a Krogan who has yet to discover his destiny.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
he just gets flashbacks of a ghostly shep who says Grunt! in whatever tone that is thematically appropriate.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

marshmallow creep posted:

Do they usually record streams like this for later viewing?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hedrigall posted:

twitch usually does.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah, if they have archiving enabled (they probably will) you'll be able to watch past broadcasts after they've ended.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Cool cool. I might get up early to watch them anyway (for AEDT they'll be Saturday 6-7am for the Twitch stream and 8-9am for the main stage panel)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marshmallow creep posted:

Developer Signings?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i could hit it from a couple different angles but i'll go with it's passing strange that they won't be having a beta for their highly anticipated multiplayer mode when they had a beta for their me3 multiplayer at a time when it was both unproven and expected to be a trash gimmick bolted onto the main game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cowcaster posted:

i could hit it from a couple different angles but i'll go with it's passing strange that they won't be having a beta for their highly anticipated multiplayer mode when they had a beta for their me3 multiplayer at a time when it was both unproven and expected to be a trash gimmick bolted onto the main game

If I had to guess, there are performance issues (as noted in previews) they hope to iron out before release but wouldn't be able to fix for the beta, and don't want the associated negative press.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Apparently the Access build will be on the release/day 1 patch, so we won't have to play the game of "they'll fix it with the day 1 patch".

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rinkles posted:

If I had to guess, there are performance issues (as noted in previews) they hope to iron out before release but wouldn't be able to fix for the beta, and don't want the associated negative press.

well yeah, the fact that they pitched the idea of a beta months ago and slowly and quietly let it linger and after running out of time to make it happen let it die in an offhand announcement kind of speaks volumes to that

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

This is a story of a Krogan who has yet to discover his destiny.

His balls are the balls that will pierce the heavens!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cowcaster posted:

well yeah, the fact that they pitched the idea of a beta months ago and slowly and quietly let it linger and after running out of time to make it happen let it die in an offhand announcement kind of speaks volumes to that

if only they had done that with the entire game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

if only they had done that with the entire game

you honestly seem a little worked up about this

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GreenBuckanneer posted:

His balls are the balls that will pierce the heavens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmVVAjZZeM

subtitles should be required not that everyone hasnt seen this.

i just :member:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine how exciting the conclusion of Mass Effect 1 could have been if Joker and the Alliance fleet heroically lasered Sovereign from a million miles away.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol this game is going to be unplayable.

Not because it's bad but because it's technically bad.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The same edgelords posting about how much they know the game is going to suck gets pretty old.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

you honestly seem a little worked up about this

I think you should take very seriously the guy who saw the video showing a side character was voiced by a tv actress and concluded "hiring actors to voice characters, in a Mass Effect game? Bioware does it again, this will be truly terrible"

There is literally nothing he won't complain about

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The same edgelords posting about how much they know the game is going to suck gets pretty old.

I've already put them on my ignore list, and this thread is so much better when I don't have to see their crap

I suggest you do the same

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hope the game pulls a doom 2016 and contrary to every single interview, press release, preview video, and horrific multiplayer beta it turns out to be the best loving game all year

i just don't think it's a thing that can happen twice in my lifetime

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not to be down on all y'all but i trust barons cyber skulls' gut more than all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

i hope the game pulls a doom 2016 and contrary to every single interview, press release, preview video, and horrific multiplayer beta it turns out to be the best loving game all year

i just don't think it's a thing that can happen twice in my lifetime

That is a loving BAR you set there man

Doom was so goddamn good