Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

We should see how non smarky crowds treat him because these seemed more like Japanese smarks than the normal crowds they get.

Okada was over as hell on Sunday's show and like Kenny said, "It's Mondaaay. You had to wooork." So it's definitely the smark crowd Monday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shibata vs Suzuki is extremely my poo poo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Frankston posted:

Shibata vs Suzuki is extremely my poo poo

:same:

I am looking forward to many arm and kneebars

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Guessing Evil or Elgin against Omega.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

New Japan Cup Bracket:

Left Bracket:
Evil vs. Tanahashi - 3/11
Tama Tonga vs. Yano Toru 3/11
Bad Luck Fale vs. Michael Elgin 3/11
Tanga Roa vs. Tomaoki Honma 3/11

Right Bracket:
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Minoru Suzuki 3/12
Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi 3/12
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kenny Omega 3/12
Yoshi-Hashi vs. Sanada 3/12

Evil or Tanahashi vs. Tama or YTR on 3/13
Fale or Elgin vs Roa or Honma on 3/14

Shibata or Suzuki vs. Juice or Yujiro on 3/15
Ishii or Omega vs. Hashi or Sanada on 3/17

Semi Finals on 3/19 (Elgin and I want to say Kenny go over but ahhhhhh it could very well be Elgin/Suzuki, which I would also enjoy very, very much)
Finals on 3/20 (can't tell)

e: also, I thought Tiger Mask W was going to be in the NJ Cup? Shame that he's not. Could be that he goes over this weekend.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 28, 2017

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
oh my god juice robinson is going to die

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

oh my god juice robinson is going to die

Gonna be one dead Tokyo Pimp if so. I don't imagine Meng'd be too happy....

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I kinda really wanna see Juice v Suzuki.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please beat Takahashi, Juice :ohdear:

Oh God but then Suzuki or Shibata will murder him :gonk:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
on one hand, juice would put on a good match with either of those guys
on the other hand, watching yujiro get stretched and maimed would bring joy to my heart
i am truly conflicted

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I cannot believe that in 2017, I am rooting for CJ Parker to win the New Japan Cup.

He'll not win but they've been hinting pretty heavily towards him doing well, I've got a feeling he makes the semi.

So, to be clear, is it on the Semi'a that are televised? Or have I picked that up wrong?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Push Juice

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

Okada was over as hell on Sunday's show and like Kenny said, "It's Mondaaay. You had to wooork." So it's definitely the smark crowd Monday night.

based on the chants amount of BC shirts Dave said they sold for a bad crowd I think more than smarks it was a crowd there to see BC and have fun acting like a US wrestling crowd. It'll be interesting to see how over Cody's gonna be when he finally does a normal show.

Anyway, yet another Korakuen tomorrow morning. Pretty run of the mill card but holy poo poo that main....

New Japan Road
March 1st, 2017 at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka vs. Yujiro Takahashi
CHAOS (Y-H, RPG Vice, and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru, Taichi, Desperado, and TAKA)
Third Generation vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, GOD)
GBH and Jushin Liger vs. CHAOS (Goto, YTR, and Ishii)
Katsuyori Shibata and David Finlay vs. Suzuki-un (Minoru Suzuki and DBS Jr)
Tana, Elgin, Juice, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Gedo) vs. Tiger Mask W and Tiger Mask IV

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

main force vs. LIJ match is on now which is the last match before the main.

In other news, BONE SOLDIER has disappeared from the roster page from the web site. I wonder if he's getting regimmicked when Tatsu returns?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Anything from this show worth watching before I start playing Horizon Zero Dawn?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Anything from this show worth watching before I start playing Horizon Zero Dawn?

Oka/Takahashi is worth a look just to see how well Oka's doing. Otherwise, Shibata + Finlay/Suzuki + DBS Jr. is great, and I only caught the second half of LIJ/Taguchi Japan but that was pretty fun.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Thauros posted:

In other news, BONE SOLDIER has disappeared from the roster page from the web site. I wonder if he's getting regimmicked when Tatsu returns?

Hope his new gimmick is "unemployed"

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
but if bone soldier is gone, who will eat multiman match pins from yoshi-hashi

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

adam cole i hope

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

adam cole i hope

Isn't he going to the fed or something

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

iunno

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Not until he takes time off to get that skull lump fixed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://wrestlingnews.co/other/tomoaki-honma-seriously-injured-after-botched-ddt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AbbeyA/status/837695091544322048

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
All the ridiculous bumps, the Big Japan deathmatches, facing ZANDIG/Wifebeater in general, and this is what does him in.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Horrible news :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

All the ridiculous bumps, the Big Japan deathmatches, facing ZANDIG/Wifebeater in general, and this is what does him in.

The latest insane PWG trailer dropped last night too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress.

I had read the results this morning and was perplexed why Honma got pinned by Jado of all people. Came across news of the injury a bit later but had no clue of the severity and that this could be a another Hayabusa situation.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress. :(

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
poo poo, please get better Honma. :(

I love that big dumb guy even if he should stop doing the headbutts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At least he can technically still do the Kokeshi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just couldn't get into Honma matches at all after all that domestic abuse stuff came out, but I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy :(

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, Honma's a wifebeating shithead and I couldn't give a rat's arse about him, but he doesn't deserve to be paralysed.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Same :/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Japanese news is reporting he is still paralyzed from the neck down. Horrible situation

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Japanese news is reporting he is still paralyzed from the neck down. Horrible situation

How long was Austin paralyzed when Owen broke his neck? Pretty loving scary if Honma still isn't moving after almost 24 hours.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Benne posted:

How long was Austin paralyzed when Owen broke his neck? Pretty loving scary if Honma still isn't moving after almost 24 hours.

Austin was only for a few minutes, he was able to do a lovely roll-up on Owen to end the match

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TenCozy's going to challenge YTR and Ishii for the belts now that GBH obviously can't participate. Honma's replacement for the NJC has not been announced yet.

NJPW 45th Anniversary
March 6th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Ota Ward Gym

Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
CHAOS (Goto, Y-H, Jado, and Gedo) vs Suzuki-gun (MiSu, DBS Jr, Desperado, and TAKA)
Makabe, Nagata, Liger, TMIV, and Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, G.O.D, and Yujiro)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Championship:RPG Vice(c) vs. Suzuki-gun(Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
British Heavyweight Championship:Katsuyori Shibata(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Tag Championship:Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Ten-Cozy
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice vs. L.I.J(Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

I just couldn't get into Honma matches at all after all that domestic abuse stuff came out, but I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy :(

That's exactly how I feel. I don't ever want to see a wrestler injured, especially permanently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That's exactly how I feel. I don't ever want to see a wrestler injured, especially permanently.

Same. Wasn't a huge Honma fan before that came out, not at all after, and still wouldn't wish this to him at all. Hope he can recover to at least be back to normal even if his career has to end.

• Locked thread