Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Should there not have been a Kingfisher crit in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
North lance go now shoot butts! :parrot:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
lol, the feed problems

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Question for the thread if I run to 1633 with my Sunder will my extended torso twist quirk allow me to shoot the Kingfisher in the back or at all?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yup, you can shoot it in the back from there.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
Someone needs to get Defiance Industries on the phone and find out if that warranty is still good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Di Pasqua’s crosshairs fell over a boxy form his targeting computer tried to tell him was simultaneously an old SLDF Devastator and a Marauder. His Gauss Rifle struck clean, shattering armor over the Clan machine’s left breast, but his missile salvo flew wide. The soft rush of missile exhaust faded as the `Mech’s feed mechanism kicked in—but the telltale grinding of gears told him the mechanism had jammed again. He thumbed the transmit button and was just about to report when the second launcher attempted to reload and crushed its ammunition against the jammed mechanism that’d hopped its track.

The Zeus’s right arm exploded from within, sending puffs of black smoke and electronic cruft raining from the tubes of the destroyed launcher. The armor buckled but held, the rounded armor design folding in on itself. There were no myomer attachments so far down the forearm, and the damage diagnostic readout still showed green internals. Unless the sensors had been crippled, the launcher had absorbed most of the explosion.

“E-2 to E-Lead, my launchers just forcibly de-commissioned themselves. I’m down to just my direct-fire armament,” he paused and added bitterly, “and I haven’t even taken a hit yet.”

----

Zeus (player)
- Fires LRM-15 at Kingfisher (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- - Ammo Feed Problem Jam Chance: rolled 10, launcher jammed!
- Fires LRM-15 at Kingfisher (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- - Ammo Feed Problem Jam Chance: Rolled 12, reload explodes in the launcher!
- Zeus suffers 15 damage to Right Arm (7/22 armor remaining)!

Oof, that's rough buddy. :ohdear:

On the bright side, at least you're still up and in the fight, so as bad as this was, at least it's not as bad as that Clanner who legged himself with his own MASC back in the airfield raid. :shobon:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

LegendairyBovine posted:

Someone needs to get Defiance Industries on the phone and find out if that warranty is still good.

. . . the C-Bill cost on that HPG call though . . . . unless we paid for the extended warranty.

Except who pays for the extended warranty?!?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LegendairyBovine posted:

The -9S2 is an aftermarket modification, so unless your refit kit came from Defiance Industries, your warranty would be voided. Have you taken this up with your unit's quartermaster?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Well that was a thing that happened :stare:

Can I unjam the remaining LRM?

I guess I still have my barrel arms if all else fails.

Edit: Also, the Cobra fired at me, even though I didn't fire at it. Does zell kick in next turn?

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 2, 2017

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
:negative: I think this one was all me. I thought I could shoot over the height five cliff, but in reality line of sight was blocked like this:

- - - -M e
- - - - -
- - - -
- - - -
- - -
- -
CB

So new plan: move south as fast as possible.

E:formatting later

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 2, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Volmarias posted:

Edit: Also, the Cobra fired at me, even though I didn't fire at it. Does zell kick in next turn?

Clanners pick their own targets.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Volmarias posted:

Well that was a thing that happened :stare:

Can I unjam the remaining LRM?

I guess I still have my barrel arms if all else fails.

Assuming PTN is using the same rules I had a look at, and since you rolled a ten: "10-11 Weapon severely damaged; cannot fire." If that's the case, you should dump all your LRM ammo.

Also, the Cobra says Target: Zeus, so you might consider running ASAP, because he's probably going to try and run you down, and that mace looks menacing.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Heh, the only negative quirk on the player lineup, and it kicks into gear at the first time of asking. Twice. Quickscell got some 'splaining to do.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Was that one of the traded in mechs or an old heirloom? Cuz the pilot just got fuuuucked.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
On the plus side, the Zeus can still use that arm to hit people.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
My orders are in, running to 1633 and blasting the Kingfisher in the rear with everything except the medium lasers to hopefully avoid overheating too badly. Though if it isn't too bad I did ask Poptarts to include the medium lasers.

Banshee thanks for the assist last turn, shame I flubbed my shots. I'm thinking if we don't think it will cause dire consequences for us, you could possibly help out the Zeus with the King cobra. The Zeus has taken a lot more damage than me and could likely use your help the most.

I'll see about swatting this Kingfisher down.

Also northern lance please engage this turn. If those northern clanners get any closer they will likely wreck our chances of saving the mission objectives or will jump us if we take out some of the southern clanners.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Shoot, I didn't even see that.

Should I just reverse to 2633 and pray? Should I keep attacking the King Fisher, or should I switch to King Club over here?

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Volmarias posted:

Shoot, I didn't even see that.

Should I just reverse to 2633 and pray? Should I keep attacking the King Fisher, or should I switch to King Club over here?

Go for the King Cobra, the Kingfisher is after me. I'll keep it distracted/focused on me while you guys all focus fire on that King Cobra, try and take it down before it gets close enough to use its' club.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Real life must've snuck up on the Cestus player pretty bad, hope he either comes back or an alternate fills in fast enough to meet the deadline for the next turn so the northern lance can build some momentum.

Because goddamn, that was some incredibly bad luck for the southern lance. Interesting that the Thunder Hawk has no penalty to splitting fire, but it's not as though splitting fire will help much at this stage of the fight.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Trying to 1v1 Clan `Mechs is not a good idea. You are playing the world's most dangerous game of keep-away dodge ball right now. The more people you have throwing at one target the better.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

koolkevz666 posted:

My orders are in, running to 1633 and blasting the Kingfisher in the rear with everything except the medium lasers to hopefully avoid overheating too badly. Though if it isn't too bad I did ask Poptarts to include the medium lasers.

Banshee thanks for the assist last turn, shame I flubbed my shots. I'm thinking if we don't think it will cause dire consequences for us, you could possibly help out the Zeus with the King cobra. The Zeus has taken a lot more damage than me and could likely use your help the most.

I'll see about swatting this Kingfisher down.

Also northern lance please engage this turn. If those northern clanners get any closer they will likely wreck our chances of saving the mission objectives or will jump us if we take out some of the southern clanners.

You're at +3 heat now, so if you fire everything but the medium lasers, youll be at 7 overheat and eat -1mp and +1 to hit on the next turn.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

The Zeus is only down on firepower compared to the crazy Thunder Hawk, but it brings nicely needed critseeking to go with all the Gauss rifles.

You were saying. :v:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
No plan survives the first encounter with PTN's dice!!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

No plan survives the first encounter with PTN's dice!!

Well to fair, you weren't wrong, it's definitely a crit seaker. :lol:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My birthday's this month, so I've gotten you all a present:

The Dragoon II's SSW File, MegaMEK Sprites, and TRO entry

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

My birthday's this month, so I've gotten you all a present:

The Dragoon II's SSW File, MegaMEK Sprites, and TRO entry

What's with the sudden switch to King Atlas chat in the middle there?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
What are you talking about, I never have copy-paste errors. :tinfoil:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I'm pretty we just needed to know about the King Atlas right then, for context. Looming, heavy gauss rifle context.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

"King Atlas, you already have three TRO entries, please stop!"
"ALL TRO ENTRIES ARE KING ATLAS' NOW."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
All should fear the King Atlas, Mightiest of Dads.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

habituallyred posted:

:negative: I think this one was all me. I thought I could shoot over the height five cliff, but in reality line of sight was blocked like this:

- - - -M e
- - - - -
- - - -
- - - -
- - -
- -
CB

So new plan: move south as fast as possible.

E:formatting later

Not just you, I went by this post and it says that the LoS rules don't actually account for proper geometry, so... :suicide:

Xarn fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 2, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I don't play with the abstracted Line of Sight rules. I probably should because they're easier for new players to get a handle on, but I've done it this way for so long it's hard to break the habit of diagramming things up.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't play with the abstracted Line of Sight rules. I probably should because they're easier for new players to get a handle on, but I've done it this way for so long it's hard to break the habit of diagramming things up.

Eh, as long as the geometry isn't overly complex, I prefer those... northern lance kinda missed the information though :v:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

So as I understand it, if I turn once and then run forward I can get to 3 hexes moved (because I'm at level -1). This will increase my difficulties by 2 and the enemy's difficulties by 1. Conversely, if I sit still I will increase my difficulties by 0 and the enemy's difficulties by 1 (because of partial cover). So short term it is beneficial to me to just sit here and turret as the enemy closes range?
So far my plan would be to shoot 1 PPC, the AC/10 and my SRMs (that's 17 heat, which will bring me to 0 after sinks) at the king cobra if that's what we want to take down now?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yea, that's the essence of btech. Cover while you have it is great, especially if you're a slow assault that can only get a +2 mod by running straight out with no turns or hills in the way.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I am at an impasse. I can't decide what color to paint my Warhansa Urbanmech.

On the one hand, painting it a utilitarian pattern, olive drab, or even doing it up in urban camo would be a fun challenge. On the other, I'm sorely tempted to paint it solid metallic gold.

Bright "don't shoot me" safety orange is also tempting.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

PoptartsNinja posted:

On the one hand, painting it a utilitarian pattern, olive drab, or even doing it up in urban camo would be a fun challenge. On the other, I'm sorely tempted to paint it solid metallic gold.

Cop colors, in celebration of the K-9 hero unit in MWO.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Now if this were any other urbanmech I'd suggest painting it blue or green and trying to freehand or make-a-decal a recycling logo on it...

But as this is a sculpt of the mwo urbie, I can only recommend either dark green torso and light green limbs and head. Or maybe glue or epoxy a little spike on top, paint the torso a deep rosewood pink and the head and limbs more of a rouge pink. Naturally, in either case paint the cockpit glass black except for a salmon pink dot.

As an aside, I love how incredibly on the nose all of the warhansa names for their bt minis are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

Paint it in military colors but make the side torsos and rear torso blaze orange so it looks like it's wearing one of those construction worker safety vests.

Maybe make the upper dome Construction Helmet Yellow.

• Locked thread