Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

namaste faggots posted:

https://twitter.com/Abbynews/status/837071374644436994

guys, we need to open a dialogue with the working class white trash because

Many of the trades unions in BC are increasingly uninterested with solidarity outside of their specific trade. I wouldn't be surprised if others followed, maybe even Unifor or the nurses (who are also currently busy trying to fight the other unions instead of for their members). Anyway putting your trust in Christy Clark to look out for your best interest is definitely a good idea and has definitely not backfired on anyone else in the province, so look forward to those "poor starving tradespeople looking for work" stories in a few years/months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

the federal governments admitted plan is to break our secessionist movement by flooding us with immigrants..... that and devaluate wages. Most of us probably oppose immigration for racist reasons tho im not gonna lie

A flood of fifty thousand a year isn't enough to turn a tide of eight million unless basically all of the pur laine have forgotten how to screw.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/hien-tuan-lam-hue-nguyen-shooting-daughter-wife-guilty-plea-1.4005539

Jesus Christ this guy :stare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He's obviously crazy. He should be completely free within 8 years.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

"Mr. Lam, I would encourage you to not wait too long because my fear is that your youngest child ... with the passage of time, he may forget you, which I'm sure you don't want."

I feel like this is perhaps unlikely.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
look you guys just don't understand. this guy was raised in a culture where utmost respect and guanxi must be paid to the man of the house. you don't just disrespect and emasculate a man like that. look at all the white trash that voted for trump.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Jordan7hm posted:

I feel like this is perhaps unlikely.

I certainly hope the kid does forget, to be honest. That would be for the best. I have quite vivid memories of my father beating the living poo poo out of my mother when I was three years old and it's not pleasant. I can't even imagine the trauma which remembering this incident would bring.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I just received the most bizarre poll from Environics that I think I've ever heard. They asked to speak with the youngest person in the household and asked a bunch of questions about my demographics, household income, phone and interent usage, etc. But the really weird questions were specifically asking me how I felt about the United States, Russia and China, whether I approved or dissaproved of each of these countries, whether I thought their leaders could be trusted to do what was best for the international system, etc. I was asked how I felt about the United States, whether I thought its music culture and films were good or bad for Canada, whether I agreed with the "American idea of democracy", and a lot of questions about Donald Trump (do I support policies like the wall, and then whether I would agree Trump is intolerant / arrogant / qualified to be President, etc). Then there were questions about my preferred system of government, the options being rule by elected representatives, rule by the military, rule by technocratic experts or direct democracy via the internet. There were questions about my concerns regarding extremism in Canada and Muslim immigration, etc.

I wish I'd been able to properly jot down the questions as they were asked but suffice it to say these weren't the kinds of questions powerful people pay polling companies to ask when times are good.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

I just received the most bizarre poll from Environics that I think I've ever heard. They asked to speak with the youngest person in the household and asked a bunch of questions about my demographics, household income, phone and interent usage, etc. But the really weird questions were specifically asking me how I felt about the United States, Russia and China, whether I approved or dissaproved of each of these countries, whether I thought their leaders could be trusted to do what was best for the international system, etc. I was asked how I felt about the United States, whether I thought its music culture and films were good or bad for Canada, whether I agreed with the "American idea of democracy", and a lot of questions about Donald Trump (do I support policies like the wall, and then whether I would agree Trump is intolerant / arrogant / qualified to be President, etc). Then there were questions about my preferred system of government, the options being rule by elected representatives, rule by the military, rule by technocratic experts or direct democracy via the internet. There were questions about my concerns regarding extremism in Canada and Muslim immigration, etc.

I wish I'd been able to properly jot down the questions as they were asked but suffice it to say these weren't the kinds of questions powerful people pay polling companies to ask when times are good.

Well that's creepy.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
haha could you imagine canada ruled by the cf

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
a canada ruled by general jonathan vance

hmm i don't see rwanda peacekeeping diapers on that list

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I'd say it is pretty rare I get trolled, but CI gets me a little every time he mocks Dallaire for suffering severe psychological trauma after being tasked with keeping the peace in a genocide by machete and being powerless to do anything about it. So I guess that means I lose :c

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I'm just honoring the greatest military hero of the cf what do you mean

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Dallaire shouldn't really take the fall for the UN being an utterly useless sack of poo poo when it comes to any conflict in the 20th century, I agree.

At least the League of Nations had the decency to bow out early, whilst this cancerous ball just keeps rolling on over the corpses of millions. Like a giant Katamari made of death and money.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Helsing posted:

Then there were questions about my preferred system of government, the options being rule by elected representatives, rule by the military, rule by technocratic experts or direct democracy via the internet.

The whole thing is weird but this is extra weird because I'd imagine the vast majority of people don't have much understanding of what these various options mean or have even considered them in any depth.

Wonder if it was the Liberals or Conservatives paying for that one. Gut says Libs.

Also lol Helsing you take phone polls. Did they call you on your landline while watching your afternoon soaps? (jk, makes for interesting info, glad someone is willing to sit through em and report back)

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 2, 2017

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

https://twitter.com/Abbynews/status/837071374644436994

guys, we need to open a dialogue with the working class white trash because

quote:

Horgan said he sides with Lower Mainland mayors who did not choose the Massey tunnel replacement.

“The member who is currently representing Kelowna may not have as good an understanding of what the transportation needs are in the Lower Mainland,” Horgan said.

you know what, I think we can get past the Voyager thing

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Can we like employ some union idiots building transit instead of gently caress stupid bridges?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

Can we like employ some union idiots building transit instead of gently caress stupid bridges?

after this endorsement? gently caress off. anyone but the loving steelworkers

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
and it's the loving Second Narrows Bridge motherfuckers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Baronjutter posted:

Evergreen Line just opened dude.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Stickarts posted:

I'd say it is pretty rare I get trolled, but CI gets me a little every time he mocks Dallaire for suffering severe psychological trauma after being tasked with keeping the peace in a genocide by machete and being powerless to do anything about it. So I guess that means I lose :c

You know there's an ignore feature right? Canpol is like 30% more tolerable when you don't read his posts.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Evergreen Line just opened dude.

Clearly we have to keep them fully employed around the clock or they'll have no choice but to vote in fascists.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
laffo. union? This is the BC Libs and SNC/Lavalin we're talking about. It's TFWs at $3.57/hour.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Patrick Spens posted:

You know there's an ignore feature right? Canpol is like 30% more tolerable when you don't read his posts.

Sure, if all you want is a bland echo chamber of armchair liberals.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
gently caress yes, hopefully they caught the terrorist!

quote:

Montreal police have arrested a 47-year-old man hours after a bomb threat targeting Muslim students forced the evacuation of three buildings at Concordia University's downtown campus.

A police team and canine unit were deployed at an apartment on Darlington Avenue in Côte-des-Neiges, it was learned around 2 a.m. ET on Thursday.

No other information about the suspect or potential charges is yet available.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-threat-concordia-1.4004671

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So when does the outcry to get all conservatives to denounce this and say it's not in their name begin?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress off Brian Pallister

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnip...k=1488400497478

For background: The PCs eliminated a law last year that the last PC government put into place that reduces MLA salaries when the government runs a deficit, they said they would replace the law that also require a referendum for tax increases, but instead we get this useless loving gesture.

quote:

WINNIPEG — Manitoba legislature members are taking a voluntary pay freeze as the government eyes possible wage and benefit concessions for public-sector workers.

Premier Brian Pallister announced Wednesday that his 39-member caucus will forgo a 1.6 per cent cost-of-living increase that was set to kick in April 1. The wage freeze is to continue until the next election, expected in 2020.

"When you ask a worker in the civil service to take a zero (per cent wage increase), I know what that's like ... and that's not easy for any family," Pallister said.

"And if we're asking other people to do it, then we should say, 'Us first.' "

The New Democrats and Liberals quickly followed suit and announced they, too, will freeze their wages as the government wrestles with a $1-billion deficit.

NDP labour critic Tom Lindsey said a wage freeze is the least Pallister could do, because the government has mused about going much further with public-sector workers — musing about unpaid days off, reduced pension benefits and reopening collective agreements.

The Manitoba Government and General Employees Union said its members have already faced restraint in recent years.

"Our members have already agreed, at the bargaining table, to two years of wage freezes to help with the deficit. They don't need any lectures on sacrifices to help the province’s bottom line," union president Michelle Gawronsky said in a written statement.

Gawronsky said the premier's salary is about four times that of a health-care aide.

The government has promised legislation this spring to control the growth in public-sector salary costs and has put a wide variety of options on the table. Pallister has said he won't decide until the government consults with union leaders, although two meetings so far have not yielded any results.

Before being elected last April, Pallister promised to balance the budget within eight years and to cut the number of cabinet ministers to 12 from 19.

The previous NDP government froze politician salaries for four years starting in 2010, and negotiated wage freezes in the civil service in exchange for no-layoff provisions.

Members of the Manitoba legislature make $93,000 a year as a base salary. Cabinet ministers get a total of $144,000, while the premier earns $170,000. A 2012 report from the independent commissioner who decides political salaries said Manitoba legislature members were the third-lowest paid among the provinces.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

vyelkin posted:

So when does the outcry to get all conservatives to denounce this and say it's not in their name begin?

Well they don'twant to scare off 20-50% of their base. The same reason they won't simply denounce Kellie Leitch and kick her out of the leadership race.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

vyelkin posted:

The goddamn bomb note explicitly stated "* Not associated with conservative party of canada" so I think any card carrying members are off the hook.

https://twitter.com/JanineHudsonBC/status/837063607321931776

e: darn nope I think she's Liberal, I assumed cause of the realtor thing. Probably a closet conservative.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

The goddamn bomb note explicitly stated "* Not associated with conservative party of canada" so I think any card carrying members are off the hook.

Yeah, but Conservative leaders haven't actually come out and denounced the threats have they?

I mean, as long as Muslims of every stripe are expected to make public proclamations every time a terror attack is carried out by anyone who believes in a vaguely affiliated creed, I think it only fair.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You know those polls right-wing sites talk about every now and then, where X% of Muslims think it's justified to kill non-believers or whatever? I wonder what percentage of white people would respond to a poll saying they thought it was justified to kill Muslims.

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 2, 2017

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

Yeah, but Conservative leaders haven't actually come out and denounced the threats have they?

I mean, as long as Muslims of every stripe are expected to make public proclamations every time a terror attack is carried out by anyone who believes in a vaguely affiliated creed, I think it only fair.

You're sounding a little #Conservaphobic

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/kpmg-offshore-tax-dodge-1.4002778

quote:

KPMG offshore tax dodge a 'facade' designed to hide money, ex-client says
Accounting firm's contracts with federal government questioned

A former client of the accounting giant KPMG says a tax dodge that involved wealthy people gifting their money to an offshore jurisdiction was a "facade" designed to hide money from the taxman.

The client, who spoke to CBC's the fifth estate and Radio-Canada's Enquête on the condition of anonymity, says KPMG made him sign a confidentiality agreement that prevents him from speaking publicly about the tax dodge.

In an exclusive interview to be aired Friday on the fifth estate documentary "The Untouchables," the former client says KPMG insisted on secrecy when it was promoting the tax avoidance scheme to wealthy Canadians as far back as 1999.

Documents obtained by the fifth estate and Enquête show 21 "high net worth" Canadian families signed up for the massive tax dodge from 1999 until 2012 — when it was first detected by CRA auditors — a scheme that deprived the federal treasury of tens of millions.

The KPMG tax dodge stirred controversy last spring when it was revealed the Canada Revenue Agency offered a secret amnesty to the accounting firm's clients who had been caught using the scheme.

The amnesty offer, leaked to CBC News in a brown envelope, granted KPMG clients "no penalties" as long as they paid back taxes and modest interest.

As a condition of the May 2015 amnesty offer, the CRA itself demanded that KPMG clients not talk about it in public.

Until now, no KPMG client has spoken out about their role in the scheme.

'Escaped the entire tax circle'

The client says the tax dodge was based on a simple — if fictitious — idea that "high net worth" clients give away their fortunes to an Isle of Man shell company. The money would be invested offshore and would be returned back to Canada, again untaxed, also as a so-called gift.

"So basically, I escaped the entire tax circle," the ex-client said.

Today, the client, who paid KPMG $100,000 to set up the Isle of Man tax dodge, says the "gift" was pure "fiction" and that, in reality, he never gave anything away.

"I still have absolute control over my money," he said. "The rest was just a facade... Everything else, every bit of piece of paper, everything is window dressing to create the appearance of 'I don't have control over this,' but in fact I do."

He says KPMG told those involved to keep quiet about their involvement.

"They're just going to keep their lips shut tight," he said. "How's Canada Revenue Agency going to detect it?"

KPMG 'emphatically' disputes claim

In a written statement to the fifth estate, KPMG says it "emphatically" disputes the ex-client's claim.

KPMG says its offshore structure complied with "all laws" in Canada and was carefully reviewed by senior executives at the firm before it went ahead.

"Clients were explicitly told … that they were giving up control of the assets," KPMG said. "To our knowledge, no member of KPMG would or did provide any advice or instruction to the contrary."

Still, the former client insists that's exactly what he was told, in private.

"Nobody gives away $20 million to an Isle of Man company and says: 'Hey, I busted my rear end for 20 years to make it, but you know what, I'm feeling generous today so you can have it all, no strings attached.' I don't think so, not for a 100 grand cheque that you just wrote to KPMG."

In court documents, the Canada Revenue Agency has also alleged that the KPMG scheme was a "sham" that "intended to deceive" the federal treasury.

Annual fee alleged

the fifth estate/Enquête investigation also looks at how much money KPMG made from its tax scheme.

The accounting giant is coming under scrutiny for its testimony before the House of Commons finance committee last spring.

The committee, which had begun a probe into why the CRA offered amnesty to those wealthy clients, called KPMG's former global head of tax, Gregory Wiebe, as its first witness.

MPs wanted to know exactly how much money KPMG itself made from running the offshore tax dodge.

Wiebe testified that the "total revenue" that KPMG received from the tax scheme was a $100,000 start up fee for each client.

"It was a fixed fee per implementation, it was not a contingent fee or whatever," Wiebe told MPs.

In other words, the firm did not earn fees based on the taxes dodged by their clients.

However, new records in a Vancouver court action appear to show KPMG made far more money off the scheme than they told the House of Commons committee.

Apparent contradiction

Documents filed in the Tax Court of Canada in January show that one wealthy family stated they paid a yearly fee to KPMG "based on" their "annual tax savings."

In that one case alone, KPMG earned additional annual payments that totalled $300,000 over several years, according to the documents.

In a statement to CBC News, KPMG says those court documents filed in the Vancouver tax court case contain unproven court allegations.

"[KPMG] provided accurate information to the finance committee on this point and on all other points in his testimony."

KPMG may also have understated the number of offshore companies it set up for Canadian multimillionaires and billionaires, according to the fifth estate/Enquête investigation.

Wiebe testified at the finance committee there were 16 "implementations" of the scheme.

However, using search techniques the fifth estate and Enquête developed using the Isle of Man's public registry, journalists found five additional structures set up for wealthy Canadian families.

KPMG now says it did create those five structures, but didn't mention those numbers to the finance committee because those clients "aborted" their involvement in the scheme before they dodged any taxes.

'Lack of credibility'

Sherbrooke University tax Prof. Marwah Rizqy says KPMG should have included those additional Canadian families in its totals to the finance committee and to the Canada Revenue Agency.

"It's very important to disclose that type of information," Rizqy said. "Here we're talking about a tax structure, about the intention to evade tax. The CRA can go and investigate these families and see if they actually did something else."

Rizqy says KPMG's testimony before the committee is concerning.

"There's a lack of credibility here," Rizqy said. "They misled the Parliament, they also misled Canadians."

The inquiry was abruptly halted last June after KPMG lawyers sent a letter to MPs on the finance committee.

Lawyers for the accounting firm complained that it would be "fundamentally unfair and improper" for the inquiry to hear from tax experts critical of the offshore scheme amid ongoing court cases.

Critics pointed out that KPMG only sent the letter to the finance committee after its former head of global tax, Wiebe, had already given his side of the story.

'It doesn't make any sense'

Rizqy, who has reviewed internal KPMG and other court documents in the Isle of Man scheme, questions why the federal government continues to do business with KPMG in light of the revelations.

The firm was brought in to audit the F-35 fighter jet spending, as well as Senate travel expenses, for example.

In 2016, the federal government gave KPMG at least $9 million in contracts, according to Public Services and Procurement Canada. During the previous government, KPMG was given more than $80 million in government contracts.

"It doesn't make any sense," Rizqy said. "I mean if on one hand we know that you're promoting tax shelters, you should be banned to be part of any public contract. I think it's the time to ask KPMG to step aside from every public contract."

Rizqy — who is in the running to be a candidate for the Liberal Party in an upcoming federal byelection in Quebec — does not shy away from criticizing Ottawa's handling of the KPMG affair.

She is recommending the Liberal government call a full-scale inquiry into the KPMG revelations, including the secret amnesty deal it negotiated with the CRA for its wealthy clients.

"I think this is the time to conduct a real investigation about KPMG, about the deal, about the tax structure."

but if you don't declare your tips the cra will audit u

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Only the little people pay taxes.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

EvilJoven posted:

Only the little people pay taxes.

Not me, I'm too bigly

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Just got around to reading that piece by the black professor on racism in Canada vs the States and as a white dude it was pretty eye opening.

It's a worthy read.

http://puritan-magazine.com/invidious-comparisons-thoughts-home/

This in particular:

quote:

If you can get someone in Canada to acknowledge that racism exists in Canada—and that’s a big “if”—you are almost inevitably met with claims that racism in Canada (if it exists) is more subtle than racism in the US. But this rationalization misses an obvious point that someone who has never been actively affected by racism would not necessarily know. Almost all racism is subtle. The shootings of unarmed young black men, often but not exclusively by the police, are horrible, and have become the equivalent of online pornography for some. But while these episodes are traumatic and continue to horrify, they do not register statistically when juxtaposed with the slights, slurs, under-the-breath insults, second glances, not to mention the job, the apartment, the loan that you don’t get, even though you know what the decision was really based on, even though no one has said so out loud, and so you would have to make a Human Rights Tribunal complaint and give up four or more years of your life, probably to get nothing in return. And let’s not leave out the countless additional ways that racism is a real, daily question for people of color in both countries. At the end of the day, racism in Canada is not subtle at all. It’s completely recognizable. And so it must be said: if your belief that your country doesn’t have a race problem hinges on how few or how many unarmed young black men are being shot in your country, it’s time to rethink the standards upon which your national pride—not to mention your national identity—is based.

And this as well:

quote:

In the weeks leading up to the most recent presidential election, I started hearing left-leaning Americans saying what they were saying in 2000, in response to the prospect of a George W. Bush electoral victory. “If he wins, I’m moving to Canada.” Quite famously now, on the night of November 8, 2016, a website with information on the details of emigrating to Canada crashed from a surplus of traffic. I always found that aspirational statement about moving to Canada jarring, but didn’t put together why until very recently. The Americans who should be looking to move to Canada are not those on the left, but those more rightwardly inclined, irrespective of the White House’s occupant. I say this because that segment of the American population is missing out on the sale of the century: white supremacy for free, or at least at everyday low, low prices. The cost of white supremacy is considerably lower in Canada than in America because it is so rarely discussed in public. In Canada, you get all of the benefits of white supremacy (preferential treatment, occupying the position of the unquestioned cultural default, protection from a narrative of racial benignity in the event that you breach one of those annoying tenets of “political correctness,” standing as the “normal” identity for authority, expertise, and influence, and much, much more) without having to spend much, if any, time paying the freight for the advantages of white supremacy, because no one talks about it in public. You can’t pass a day in the US without encountering in public some consideration of the population composition and the implications for at least some sector of American society.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

"the black professor"?

Really?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Occurred to me that I should probably cross-link some of the excellent posts being made in the Airpower thread about the inextinguishable tire fire that is Canadian defense procurement, a summary of a reading of Charlie Foxtrot - Fixing Defence Procurement in Canada:

Intro
Chapter 1: Getting it wrong - The Ross Rifle
Chapter 1: Getting it wrong - The Avro Arrow
Chapter 1: Getting it wrong - The Iltis Jeep
Chapter 1: Getting it wrong - The Victoria-class Submarines
Chapter 2: Getting it all wrong - The Sea King Helicopters

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The Duggler posted:

"the black professor"?

Really?

Gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PittTheElder posted:

Occurred to me that I should probably cross-link some of the excellent posts being made in the Airpower thread about the inextinguishable tire fire that is Canadian defense procurement, a summary of a reading of Charlie Foxtrot - Fixing Defence Procurement in Canada:

Mentioning the Ross Rifle without mentioning the MacAdam (or Hughes) Shield-Shovel? Shameful!