Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My[22m] friends with benefits[22f] told me she was going to eventually marry an Asian guy, and I told her I was going to eventually marry a White woman.. now people are calling me a racist.

My friends with benefits (call her Alice) and I have been hooking up for three months now, but we have been friends since the beginning of the school year. I know Alice and a lot of her friends because my roommate throws a lot of parties and they all come down and hang out. Alice and her friends are all Chinese, but they have now gotten to know us.

From the start, Alice told me not to expect anything serious out of this and I agreed. We were talking some more in detail and she said that down the road she was going to find herself another Chinese guy to marry. She said she finds White guys more attractive and fun but Asian guys are more stable and make for better husbands. And it would make her parents happier.

I told her that down the road I see myself marrying someone White as well. I told her that for me, it was just something that I always grew up with. That's the relationship my parents had and what I always saw myself doing. I really didn't think much of my statement.

However, turns out that Alice told her friends that and somehow I am now seen as a racist. That thinks Asian women are only good enough to sleep with and not marriageable. And that I was "using her." This has further spread too to now where the actual resident advisor for the building they stay at has told me that I am not allowed on their building.

I don't understand this at all. I don't think I said anything wrong. I have a preference on who I want to settle down, with but how is that any different than what Alice said? I mean her friends want to hook up with White guys, but not settle down with them, isn't that the same thing? I want to resolve this especially with the University because I don't want this to affect my future career prospects. I don't know what to do, how to make Alice and her friends see that I am not racist.

Tl;Dr - my fwb, said she wanted to settle down with an Asian guy, I said I wanted to settle down with a White woman. Now I am considered a racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

hakimashou posted:

I wonder if the Chinese sort of think that English is the putonghua of 'the foreigner.'

Like the world is divided into Their China where there are many local dialect but one Chinese for everyone, and then the waiguo, which similarly has many local dialect, but one English for everyone.

This was very much the view of chinese lady I dated for a while and her family. White people speak english as their official white people language just as chinese speak mandarin and some locals and hillbilly types could only speak their weird local dialect.

These were university educated "middle class" people who thought:
-Were shocked to learn white people live on multiple continents. That europe and north america are quite different places with different languages and cultures and are very far apart. Had absolutely zero knowledge of geography and only the slightest idea of asia.
-There isn't in fact one main white people country like China, the US is the biggest but it isn't "in charge" of europe, and the white people that had colonized and controlled parts of asia were mostly the british and other europeans, not americans.
-There isn't one official white-people culture or country throughout thousands of years like in China?? How is the US a newer country if it's the most dominant? Which is the real white culture and language? They really couldn't understand things outside of the han / not-han Chinese system. Who are the "han" in white-people-land? The US is most powerful so they are the true or pure historical white culture that all others are off-shoots of? Wait the US is an offshoot of a mix of european countries?? How is it the most powerful if it's new and not a pure country with a strong traditional historic culture?
-South America, a whole other continent besides europe and north america, was also colonized by europe which is why they speak european languages and linked cultures. No south americans aren't all savage criminals. No they aren't all "related" to africans because they are sometimes dark. I guess you could call much of the population "hybrids" between the spanish and portuguese and local south and central americans. No they're not "below whites but above blacks" jesus christ please stop trying to put everyone in the world into a gross racial hierarchy.
-Each one of these continents alone are bigger than china, Africa is also much bigger than China. No, China is not half or a majority of the world.
-Western People don't have special cat-eyes that let them see in the dark, that's just an effect from filming your favourite western reality show with night vision cameras.
-Knew absolutely nothing about WWII other than Japan was bad and wanted to kill or enslave all chinese and china stopped them plus liberated asia from the west and Japan is the US's puppet so it must have been against the US too wait wasn't there something about China defeating the US some time? (vague korean war memory?)
-Thought basically every modern technology or fashion or music was invented in China. Jeans, tshirts, modern business suits, metro trains, scooters, automobiles, planes, computers, pop music, these are all locally developed things not China adopting western culture/technology wholesale! There's maybe a global culture but it's global, not western, China contributes too! Maybe china has some ideas from the west, but only on a very basic level and then makes makes it 90% chinese. Besides China has given the world much more than it learned from others, maybe 90/10 overall.
-Yes, we have large air-conditioned malls in the west, in fact that's another piece of western culture that's been brought over to asia... no actually I find them sort of tacky depressing places.

I mean that was on top of all the usual "white people can use chopsticks?! / Rice as an integral part of your cuisine for centuries let alone you can digest it?! / Physically capable of having a spicy thing in your mouths?!" Total disbelief that central and south americans eat spicier food than chinese, and in fact is the origin of many spices and vegetables.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 1, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

An idiot talked himself out of plunging, well done!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cyberia posted:

[b]My[22m] friends with benefits[22f] told me she was going to eventually marry an Asian guy, and I told her I was going to eventually marry a White woman..

I'm detecting an unreported case of major HURT FEELINGS on the part of [22f]. Much face was lost.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
on this whole english thing, some lady in my apartment complex who i have never seen before took the elevator with me, and i was listening to a podcast and saw her tying to talk to me so i took my headphones out. there's a bunch of other people around and she's like "good afternoon" in chinese, so i smiled and nodded, and then she raises her voice significantly and says 'GOOD-A AFTANOON!!!!' so i put my headphones back on. now probably 5-10 people are looking at us, and she's still talking at me, and i'm trying to ignore her but she's like a foot away from me. she's talking again so i take my headphones off and she says in chinese "i've seen you a few times here before, do you know me?" so i just smiled at her and then again she raises her voice and says "ENGLISH TEEEECHERS?"

it's just so loving awkward. i don't mind it if it is like a 4 year old, but when it is a grown adult who interacts with other humans like this, it's just the weirdest thing. it happens all the time where people raise their voice to shout what english they know, rather than just speaking like a normal human in a normal voice to another normal human. "how much do these pair of pants cost?" ".......EIGHT........FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!"

also i saw street fights on sunday, monday and tuesday this week. sunday was a girl getting arrested for something with her phone? she was making a huge scene and screaming and hit the police officer and the pics i got don't do it justice but it was pretty entertaining. monday was a lady who threw some vegetables at a vendor for overcharging her, got some good kan-re-naoing in on that one. tuesday was a lady holding a child and screaming at a man and slapped him, before he yelled at her and tried to rip away the crying child. saw this one as i sat in traffic from the second floor of a bus, so didn't get to really get the full experience of watching how this relationship was undoubtably rooted in shared values, a love for one another and a desire to make the other person better by coexisting in a caring, symbiotic relationship, but i'm sure it was there.

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 1, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
You aren't a Haier that's for sure. You were a shoe-in for some hair cave plunging.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

cyberia posted:

My[22m] friends with benefits[22f] told me she was going to eventually marry an Asian guy, and I told her I was going to eventually marry a White woman.. now people are calling me a racist.

My friends with benefits (call her Alice) and I have been hooking up for three months now, but we have been friends since the beginning of the school year. I know Alice and a lot of her friends because my roommate throws a lot of parties and they all come down and hang out. Alice and her friends are all Chinese, but they have now gotten to know us.

From the start, Alice told me not to expect anything serious out of this and I agreed. We were talking some more in detail and she said that down the road she was going to find herself another Chinese guy to marry. She said she finds White guys more attractive and fun but Asian guys are more stable and make for better husbands. And it would make her parents happier.

I told her that down the road I see myself marrying someone White as well. I told her that for me, it was just something that I always grew up with. That's the relationship my parents had and what I always saw myself doing. I really didn't think much of my statement.

However, turns out that Alice told her friends that and somehow I am now seen as a racist. That thinks Asian women are only good enough to sleep with and not marriageable. And that I was "using her." This has further spread too to now where the actual resident advisor for the building they stay at has told me that I am not allowed on their building.

I don't understand this at all. I don't think I said anything wrong. I have a preference on who I want to settle down, with but how is that any different than what Alice said? I mean her friends want to hook up with White guys, but not settle down with them, isn't that the same thing? I want to resolve this especially with the University because I don't want this to affect my future career prospects. I don't know what to do, how to make Alice and her friends see that I am not racist.

Tl;Dr - my fwb, said she wanted to settle down with an Asian guy, I said I wanted to settle down with a White woman. Now I am considered a racist.

Since it was Reddit I was expecting the guy to get pissy but :laffo: that it was actually the girl with a meltdown over not being seen as marriage material in an explicit FWB relationship.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

-Western People don't have special cat-eyes that let them see in the dark, that's just an effect from filming your favourite western reality show with night vision cameras.

This actually used to be true, but they patched it out maybe three or four months ago? I think now all you get for selecting Westerner at character creation is a big jar of mayonnaise in your inventory and a few extra points for the "nuclear powered navy" tech tree.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Nah, the big rear end jar of mayo is from the Japanese starter pack.

Whitey starts with just The Burden.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bubblyblubber posted:

Nah, the big rear end jar of mayo is from the Japanese starter pack.

Whitey starts with just The Burden.

I always sub-class American because the trade off from FREEDOM is worth it for the no bonus languages. Nobody needs those.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I thought we start with a debuff on dacing skills and heinous body odor.

According to this manual here, I can only wear adidas tracksuits and should invest all my points in the squatting tree.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Stop downloading Russian cracks, you rear end in a top hat

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

JaucheCharly posted:

According to this manual here, I can only wear adidas tracksuits and should invest all my points in the squatting tree.

The squatting tree kind of sucks for most of he early game, but it really pays off in the endgame when all the other classes are struggling with the bowel movement mini-game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bongwizzard posted:

The squatting tree kind of sucks for most of he early game, but it really pays off in the endgame when all the other classes are struggling with the bowel movement mini-game.

Can't I just wear rear end-less pants and street poo poo?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ceciltron posted:

There's something respectable about a girl with a healthy appetite and a good tolerance for liquor.

My friend, allow me to suggest to you Mongolia.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
To be fair, if I saw a white person walking around Chengdu, I would also automatically assume they speak English. Maybe not as their first language, but I would be surprised if they didn't speak it at all. Most of the foreigners around here are either teachers/professors, Peace Corpse volunteers, or at the very least work for an international company where English is the lingua franca.

I don't yell at randos for speaking English to me, although occasionally I just ignore them because having someone scream HALOOOO at you from a car window or when you're having a conversation with your friend is loving annoying. I do yell when they drive like poo poo or stare at me, but the English assumption is fairly reasonable around here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

My friend, allow me to suggest to you Mongolia.

He said "good" not "may have been born with two livers"

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

cyberia posted:

gods i love america

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Peace Corpse

don't steal my band name

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

oohhboy posted:

So shut the hell up or actually contribute, that would be cool thanks.

You understand that not posting is preferable to posting boring garbage, right? Let me quote Lowtax here:

Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

The second option describes every single post you've made in this thread, and that's why the last ten pages have been full of people mocking your posting. No one is expected to post purestrain forums gold every time, but your posts stand out in this thread for their complete lack of funny, informative, or interesting content. Oh and also for being 45k words each. This thread doesn't have like a minimum post limit, where the thread explodes and kills all of us if we don't have a certain number of posts every day. There's no need to post for posting's sake.

Stop the posts. No more posts.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

You understand that not posting is preferable to posting boring garbage, right? Let me quote Lowtax here:

Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

The second option describes every single post you've made in this thread, and that's why the last ten pages have been full of people mocking your posting. No one is expected to post purestrain forums gold every time, but your posts stand out in this thread for their complete lack of funny, informative, or interesting content. Oh and also for being 45k words each. This thread doesn't have like a minimum post limit, where the thread explodes and kills all of us if we don't have a certain number of posts every day. There's no need to post for posting's sake.

Stop the posts. No more posts.

Um...

:justpost:

ohhboy, don't listen to the haters!

Everyone is enjoying hearing about your trip keep up the good work!

:justpost:

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 2, 2017

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

hakimashou posted:

Everyone is enjoying hearing about your trip keep up the good work!

Aha, well there's always this approach too.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

don't steal my band name

That's pretty good. I think maybe we need to start this band together. I can't sing or play any instruments more complicated than the glockenspiel, but I make it for it with enthusiasm.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That's pretty good. I think maybe we need to start this band together. I can't sing or play any instruments more complicated than the glockenspiel, but I make it for it with enthusiasm.
How much do you hate your parents/society? If the hate exceeds a certain level, you may be eligible to join a punk band!

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Deceitful Penguin posted:

How much do you hate your parents/society? If the hate exceeds a certain level, you may be eligible to join a punk band!

or a grunge band, if you just have a general dislike for things

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Peace Corpse is already a punk band so you could try sending in an audition tape I guess.

edit: Two, now that I actually checked.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 2, 2017

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

BONGHITZ posted:

Her family is very traditional chinese and she told me that her family will want me to pay a bride price before the wedding (we are engaged). She said it will probably be around $35,000-$40,000. I refused. For me it is not about the money, but about the principle behind it. I don't appreciate the idea that I have to buy her from her family like some sort of object. This is what I told her, but unfortunately I think she took it in a different way. I say money is not the issue, and it is not for me. But I think that she thinks it is, despite my assurances that it is not. I make about $200K per year, while she makes about $45k. I think she thinks I am being stingy by refusing to pay for it. How do I approach this? She's out of town for work, but comes back on Friday.
I like these kinds of stories because it's an obvious cash-grab and he set himself up for it by telling her his salary, but now he's going to speculate away his time trying to figure out if his princess and her family are really that shallow.

The "different culture" excuse is supposed to be one of those infallible utterances Chinese think they can bring up any time things aren't going their way or they don't want to deal with something (Face). I have heard so many times that Chinese would NEVER do such and such, even though it's something we see or experience regularly and they know it. The blatant lying about it is just one facet of how "different" their "culture" really is.
The people I know that have used it always use it in some way where they are stubborn or put some blame on you for some dumb bullshit of theirs. It's such a childish thing, but "childish" is quite descriptive of most of China anyway.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

“Have you heard about the origins of the world’s human races? This is
a story unique to us [Chinese] people. Before, when there was no
trace of man on earth, Tai Bai [太白] decided to create mankind. He
used clay, just as we make pottery or porcelain, and after having
molded it into a human figure, he put it into the kiln. The first one was
fired too long, and was badly burnt: it was all black! This was not so
good, and Tai Bai threw it away, using all his strength, throwing it a
long way. He threw it to Africa; hence afterwards everyone in Africa
was black. As a result of this first failure, the second one was fired
more carefully. It was allowed to bake only for a little while and then
taken out of the kiln. Look: too white! This wasn’t very good either,
and Tai Bai again threw it away. This time, he did not throw it so far.
He threw it to Europe, hence afterwards everyone in Europe was
white. Experience now allowed the third one to be baked to
perfection: not too long, not too short. Pretty good! Neither black nor
white, but all yellow. Tai Bai was very satisfied, and put it down on
the ground. Hence afterwards everyone in Asia was yellow.”
(Taiwan Kejia suwenxue [台湾客家俗文学][Folk literature of the
Hakka in Taiwan], retold by Zhou Qinghua [周庆华] [Taipei: Dongfeng
wenhua shuju, 1971], pp. 149-150.)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Peace Corpse is already a punk band so you could try sending in an audition tape I guess.

STOP RUINING OUR DREAMS, KEVIN.

I prefer an anarcho-folk noise combo, with just a hint of ska to keep it interesting. Also I want to wear at least three hats at all times. that'll be my, you know, thing.

We can sing songs about China. I can't write music, but I can come up with lyrics:

This song is called "Morning Kanrenao"

Get up in the morning, feeling fine
Got a lot of love for this apartment of mine
But I step outside and it all goes to hell
Everyfuckingone is staring and I don't feel so well

I haven't worked out the next verse yet, but it involves a lot of verbal eructations that sound like quacking and long, sustained car horns.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He has more posts asking him to stop than his own posts. He should take the hint

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Grand Fromage posted:

“Have you heard about the origins of the world’s human races? This is
a story unique to us [Chinese] people. Before, when there was no
trace of man on earth, Tai Bai [太白] decided to create mankind. He
used clay, just as we make pottery or porcelain, and after having
molded it into a human figure, he put it into the kiln. The first one was
fired too long, and was badly burnt: it was all black! This was not so
good, and Tai Bai threw it away, using all his strength, throwing it a
long way. He threw it to Africa; hence afterwards everyone in Africa
was black. As a result of this first failure, the second one was fired
more carefully. It was allowed to bake only for a little while and then
taken out of the kiln. Look: too white! This wasn’t very good either,
and Tai Bai again threw it away. This time, he did not throw it so far.
He threw it to Europe, hence afterwards everyone in Europe was
white. Experience now allowed the third one to be baked to
perfection: not too long, not too short. Pretty good! Neither black nor
white, but all yellow. Tai Bai was very satisfied, and put it down on
the ground. Hence afterwards everyone in Asia was yellow.”
(Taiwan Kejia suwenxue [台湾客家俗文学][Folk literature of the
Hakka in Taiwan], retold by Zhou Qinghua [周庆华] [Taipei: Dongfeng
wenhua shuju, 1971], pp. 149-150.)

But europe and africa are about the same distance from China!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
china's problem with modern day racism was imported from europe and white colonialism culture

(an actual argument in the D&D thread)

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

Tai Bai [太白]
My Chinese name is 大白 Big White. Some girl gave me this name and I kept it out of novelty factor, and I am still a little surprised when someone uses it. For all the complaining I do IRL about "That's not an English name.. that's not even a name!," I decided to do the reverse for them.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://qz.com/857156/uganda-is-worried-about-the-number-of-chinese-men-marrying-their-women/

quote:

Uganda is worried about the number of Chinese men marrying their women

Contractors, petty traders, investors, and entrepreneurs from China have been pouring into Uganda for the past decade. China is a top investor in the east African country, accounting for as much as half of total foreign investment between 2014 and 2015, according to the Uganda Investment Authority.

But according to Ugandan immigration officials, there’s one major downside: an increasing number of Chinese men are marrying Ugandan women to gain residency and continue their business interests in the country.
“But we have many who are marrying and even producing… Even our Ugandan women are accepting to [reproduce] with these men,”an official from Uganda’s directorate of citizenship and immigration control told the committee.
Government-to-government relations have also come under strain. Last month, Ugandan lawmakers summoned a Chinese executive of the state-owned China Communication Construction to explain the circumstances of his company’s securing a $475 million contract to build an expressway in Entebbe.

Annoyed during the briefing, Zhong Weidong, managing director of the company, told the panel, “China assists African countries to develop. If you don’t like, it can stop; we can stop.”
It's not so recent news, but LOL.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
Boom found it. Heed Uncle Haier's advice, children:

Haier posted:

Female Chinamen advice:

20-25 - They want marriage or the promise of marriage or something leading to marriage. Don't bother unless you want marriage or super serious promises, because she will want marriage really badly and will say whatever to try to trick you into a serious relationship (even if she says she doesn't want it). Be cautious. You can still find a girlfriend who won't nag the poo poo out of you about it, but these girls are often pretty immature at this age in my experience.

25-30 - The family is pressuring the hell out of them to get married. Unless she has given up and ignores the family, she will want marriage really badly so she's not left-overs. If you meet one that's pretty chill, go for it.

30-40 - They've usually given up and many of the girls I meet at this age have either been single for a long time or got divorced and don't want to get married at the moment. If you want casual dating or short-term women, this is a good age culturally for that. They will still want marriage secretly or outright.

40+ - You will have to spend poo poo loads of money to get into their granny panties, as this generation believes a woman should only put out unless the man dumps half his salary into her. Beware. There are some that are lonely and single and are the opposite, and will stalk the poo poo out of you or be insanely jealous. Due to being younger than them, they will always feel crazy insecure and it gets annoying. China doesn't really have a Cougar culture, but definitely has a "Old fat rich guy with a mistress" culture. I am of the opinion that every man should bang a few older women so they know what's up ahead for them.
----

If you're not ugly, you'll have girls that like you and they want you to know it. Don't jump into a relationship with the first nice girl. There are huge amounts of very nice women that are genuinely good humans and can make good partners. Take your time if you want an LTR or serious relationship. There are a lot of guys who aren't used to having so much attention on them regularly and turn into idiots and it's embarrassing for everyone involved.

If you want to get married and start a family, China is a good place culturally for that type of mindset. Pretty much any girl that is interested in you will want this, too, and would be really happy to have a "hybrid" baby and goofy foreign husband, though you'll find parents get upset about it sometimes. If the nuclear family is important to you, you can get that locked down in the first week you're here. If you don't want that, it takes patience.

A warning, from what I have noticed: There is a huge amount of women that think that because you don't speak Chinese, you'll never know they are married or have a boyfriend. It's terrible, but they rationalize it however they want and some of the excuses are very Chinese ("He gained 2kg from last year and I think he's fat and ugly now). Don't be that guy. There are so many chances for a decent woman who isn't trying to cuck someone.

Another thing is girls are often very shy to have you go to their house for any reason unless you're very serious. Chinese are judgmental as hell and these girls know if a neighbor or door man or whoever sees her with a foreigner then she'll be embarrassed or talked about. This won't happen if he's Chinese ("He's my relative!), but you have to understand that she lives there and you don't and it's not a personal sleight or anything. This culture loves to gossip.

There's some phrase that I heard a few times that I am just going to recreate in my own words: A woman until 30 is like a flower that withers, a man at 40 is like Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. The older a man is, the more a woman here naturally trusts him to be mature and handle his poo poo, even if he really cant. I'm only 31, but 20+ year olds automatically assume I am good as gold because I am older, therefore wiser, therefor suitable because I must automatically be more mature. Some of them want sugar daddies, but other girls really do want to be with a guy that is older in general because to them Chinese guys are often seen as mildly retarded and incapable of taking care of themselves until long after marriageable age.
Mistresses are very common for men with decent jobs, and these guys will give an allowance to a girl and chat sweet words with her so he can stop by for a quickie after work once or twice a week. I dated a girl who was doing this before she met me and she said she that was enough for her and didn't need to get married or have a relationship. He offered to pay for her to have his baby but she declined. He ended up paying the down-payment on an apartment for her. How his wife never found out, I don't know.

Chinese guys don't do oral sex. Maybe they do, but I've never met a woman that said any Chinese guy did that for her. Some women think it's "dirty" and bad for the man's health and will utterly refuse you to do it.. If you can do it for her, she will got apeshit and eat her words of previous discouragement about it. Not all women are OK with giving oral sex and may claim some TCM bullshit excuse, much like you giving her oral sex.

Chinese over the age of.. maybe 25? often have little to no sexual education and don't know what STDs are except that foreigners all seem to have them and some other racist information. Be cautious.

The rumor about foreign men is that they last long, have giant dicks, and can bang 100 times in a night. I've been asked "can I see it?" by men and women who all think I am packing major muscle just because of my skin color. Dick pics, while ubiquitous in the West, aren't very popular here (I think) and don't send one unless you're okay with her showing all of her coworkers and her sisters. Foreign dicks are a source of fascination, even the colors of them. People watch foreign porn and think we are all John Holmes until the sad day when they finally find out we are not all John Holmes.

Chinese dudes are often jealous or angry about a Chinese woman and a foreign man. They will let you know this in some way, usually by calling her names in Chinese and being giant passive-aggressive assholes. Every single girl I have been out with in public eventually gets' called a traitor, whore, dog, or something else while walking. Don't be Mr. Tough Foreign man and try to fight anyone, the law isn't on your side (and 30 random dudes will join in on beating you anyway).

LOVE:
Every girl will probably tell you she loves you, and very quickly. The fastest for me was 4 days, the longest was 1 month. Even though China doesn't have the problem of "like/love" being interchanged, and they totally know what "love" means, they will say that poo poo poo poo at the drop of a hat. Don't fall for it. If you're a goony goon, you probably will, but every girl will tell you she loves you. It takes all of the thrill out of actually being in love with someone, because they knowingly don't want to wait until there's real love between you. "I love you" becomes like "I ate dinner and I have gas." We all have gas.
The worst for me was one girl who said it during sex, and kept repeating it, getting more angry each time because I wasn't saying it back. I had known her a week. If she says she loves you, she wants marriage and babies, too. Don't put any thought into how much she means it until time has passed. "I love you" is cheap here. Don't forget it.

Chinese vaginas are actually sideways, but the hair grows on top like normal non-horizontal vaginas. Be careful with them, as the angle is different and you can get stuck really easy and need to be completely flaccid before applying canola oil fried in garlic and red chilies before you can try to separate yourself.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

"There is an ancient Chinese saying: 'Sow melons and you will
reap melons, plant beans and you will harvest beans' [种瓜得瓜, 种豆得豆] "

Such wisdom :eyepop:

E: I love translating it literally. PLANT MELON GET MELON, PLANT BEAN GET BEAN

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ladron posted:

Boom found it. Heed Uncle Haier's advice, children:
That is a horrible post, and can be updated greatly by the much more experience I've had since I wrote it (in 2015?), but.. I'm lazy. Cringe deluxe all around.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

That is a horrible post, and can be updated greatly by the much more experience I've had since I wrote it (in 2015?), but.. I'm lazy. Cringe deluxe all around.

well, get to posting ChinaPlunge2.0

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

The Great Autismo! posted:

china's problem with modern day racism was imported from europe and white colonialism culture

the han majority considering the zhuang minority to be a race of dogs is squarely the fault of colonialism

han colonialism :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Great Autismo! posted:

Sometimes, I get the urge to actually post content despite it never being received well and then I get to read things like that lol
This was almost the subject of my BA thesis but apparently the motherfuckers who buy journal access for our Uni were more interested in lame economics and aid poo poo than hot messy gossip and poo poo like that.

There's several interesting factors at play, like the gender imbalance (though this factor is somewhat exaggerated) the land ownership stuff (in vast swathes of the continent you have post-colonial legislation forbidding foreign ownership of land; seeing as land-ownership is a pretty big deal for Chinese folks you can see how bypassing that might be of interest) and the fact that, well, you know, toss enough people together and eventually you gonna get some plain rear end love.

It's honestly a fascinating topic and as far as I know criminaly under-researched because not enough anthropologists are shameless gossips apparently

also I really, really can't wait until those kids try and reconnect with mother China lol, seeing as the levels of disillusionment we get from half-white kids are already incredible and the reaction we have today is hella poo poo

big time bisexual posted:

the han majority considering the zhuang minority to be a race of dogs is squarely the fault of colonialism

han colonialism :unsmigghh:
the majority of the 'barbarian' peoples actually have animal characters in their names 'cause they're less than human/civilized of course

Also my fav part about people denying Chinese Imperialism is asking about how, exactly, China got the province of "New Borderland"

• Locked thread