Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raenir Salazar posted:

It doesn't seem to result in a cleanse as people said it does; Kiyohime's skill seal didn't get cleansed.

I feel like its a decent way for them to make the combat a little more interesting; plus enemies releasing buffs on death like with some of those CE's.

Examples?

I am referring entirely to his appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

It doesn't seem to result in a cleanse as people said it does; Kiyohime's skill seal didn't get cleansed.

I feel like its a decent way for them to make the combat a little more interesting; plus enemies releasing buffs on death like with some of those CE's.

Examples?

Do an imagesearch for Enrico Pucci.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Lemme take care of that, for ya.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emiya Alter looks really bad and burnt steak Kiritsugu somehow looks better.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
His NP is cool though. Bad character design, badass NP and I like the nice touch of that corrupted grail scream at the end of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His NP is quite good, yes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why isn't it unlimited rust works instead of unlimited lost works

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
More EDGE I'd imagine.

With all this heavy story the game ended up having and continues to have with Epic of Remnant, I wonder how they're gonna archive this when the mobage itself is officially over? It'd be great to have a library of sorts and that way translators can work in a more organized fashion and we wouldn't have to look at scattered bits and pieces from Reddit and Beast's Lair.

Also Deadbeat Dadcelot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyfok6Q_io

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Compendium posted:

More EDGE I'd imagine.

With all this heavy story the game ended up having and continues to have with Epic of Remnant, I wonder how they're gonna archive this when the mobage itself is officially over? It'd be great to have a library of sorts and that way translators can work in a more organized fashion and we wouldn't have to look at scattered bits and pieces from Reddit and Beast's Lair.

Also Deadbeat Dadcelot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyfok6Q_io

That would require people to not throw giant hissy fits when a translator doesn't do it exactly the way they like, which is what has been happening with taiboo on Reddit. Apparently he got tons of insane messages from people who hang out on Beast's Lair because he hasn't been doing an exactly literal translation -and- because he wasn't posting it only over there where it could be properly appreciated :rolleye:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You reminded me why I only skim the subreddit and very infrequently at that.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
welp

There was a server hiccup when I was buying quartz and now my google wallet is disabled for suspicious activity until I submit a whole bunch of stuff to them :v:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tomorrow is Sakura's birthday, so the movie site was decorated a bit

http://www.fate-sn.com/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guy on reddit gave me this account because i said i liked amakusa, ask me anything

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

That would require people to not throw giant hissy fits when a translator doesn't do it exactly the way they like, which is what has been happening with taiboo on Reddit. Apparently he got tons of insane messages from people who hang out on Beast's Lair because he hasn't been doing an exactly literal translation -and- because he wasn't posting it only over there where it could be properly appreciated :rolleye:

That sounds like bullshit to me.

Like, most of those guys don't even have reddit accounts.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

guy on reddit gave me this account because i said i liked amakusa, ask me anything

Nursery Rhyme's alright... everything else is mediocre to bad

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Captain Baal posted:

Where does Emiya Alter fall on that scale, out of curiosity? I happened to pull him one of this month's summoning tickets, and I'm not sure if it's worth leveling him when I already have a decently high level Atalanta.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

i dont think you understand

astolfo is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

extremely so

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Astolfo may be good, but Liz is great.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought Astolfo was a guy, but I seem to remember him/her being under the women for the Valentine's event.

Speaking of which, I like how Enkidu was both a man and woman for that event.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Altera is also good.

Astolfo is another one with both men and women things for the Valentine's event.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I thought Astolfo was a guy, but I seem to remember him/her being under the women for the Valentine's event.
astolfo is whatever astolfo wants to be

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of which, I like how Enkidu was both a man and woman for that event.

Astolfo, Enkidu, Da Vinci and Orion+Artemis were under both headers.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Kyte posted:

Astolfo, Enkidu, Da Vinci and Orion+Artemis were under both headers.

D'eon was as well. Probably the most blatant of the bunch in covering both sides too, given they were on a white day CE last year.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFireMagi posted:

Where does Emiya Alter fall on that scale, out of curiosity? I happened to pull him one of this month's summoning tickets, and I'm not sure if it's worth leveling him when I already have a decently high level Atalanta.

He's bad. His stats aren't great, his skills honestly kinda suck, his np gain is mediocre even for an arts based servant, so is his np damage, and he doesn't really excel at anything in particular. Like it's worth noting his other version is one of the best Archers in the game and the loli version of the same Archer does everything this version does, but better. The only reason I guess you would use him over most other archers is because your options are limited and single-target np is never really a bad thing to have on a gold servant, but with easy gets like Arash, Euryale, and Robin, it kinda makes that point moot?

His design also just fuckin sucks and the only cool thing about him really is his np and his lore. Mind you, I'm a bit salty because this is my favorite servant in the series and the fact he has three separate versions of himself that I don't like (meanwhile Artoria has nothing but variations I do like save MHXA) and this one was especially the nail in the coffin that he is never gonna have a cool twist on his original concept.

Endorph posted:

i dont think you understand

astolfo is good

I agree

Freak Futanari posted:

Astolfo may be good, but Liz is great.

I also agree with this

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 1, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
All i really want from an Emiya version is the Shirou from the Extra universe. The one with the cool trenchcoat and sniper rifle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A Shiro or speedo Archer is the only thing that could get me excited for another Emiya

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Speaking of archers, when the hell are we getting Calamity Jane

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Captain Baal posted:

He's bad. His stats aren't great, his skills honestly kinda suck, his np gain is mediocre even for an arts based servant, so is his np damage, and he doesn't really excel at anything in particular. Like it's worth noting his other version is one of the best Archers in the game and the loli version of the same Archer does everything this version does, but better. The only reason I guess you would use him over most other archers is because your options are limited and single-target np is never really a bad thing to have on a gold servant, but with easy gets like Arash, Euryale, and Robin, it kinda makes that point moot?

His design also just fuckin sucks and the only cool thing about him really is his np and his lore. Mind you, I'm a bit salty because this is my favorite servant in the series and the fact he has three separate versions of himself that I don't like (meanwhile Artoria has nothing but variations I do like save MHXA) and this one was especially the nail in the coffin that he is never gonna have a cool twist on his original concept.

Ah, I see, that's a shame. Thanks for the writeup though, guess I'm sticking with cat ear Archer. Also don't you hate on MXHA, she's great. :colbert: (though I'm biased since she's one of my two 5-stars :v:)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

Speaking of archers, when the hell are we getting Calamity Jane

Idk she's been overdue for a while and has art in the game

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

I'd actually say Emiya Alter isn't too bad. He's pretty tanky with his first skill, and he has two skills that boost his damage. Also an NPAA chain will give him a lot of his NP gauge back. I'd go with him over Atalanta, I find her damage pretty meh without her quick steroid, which doesn't last long compared to Emiya Alter who has one that lasts three times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

A Shiro or speedo Archer is the only thing that could get me excited for another Emiya
here's a emiya that'd get me excited

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Gudao and Gudako are basically already gender-flipped versions of Rin and Shirou, though. At least going by their color schemes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'd like to see the matured magus versions of Sakura, Rin, and Shirou as they're depicted on the CEs Imaginary Around, Formalcraft, and Limited/Zero Over.

Argas fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 2, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Baal posted:

I like the cut of your jib Baal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Gudao and Gudako are basically already gender-flipped versions of Rin and Shirou, though. At least going by their color schemes.

takeuchi said he designed them as such, yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarezax posted:

They are in a design sense, but Gudako is a crazy mobage gamer in one portrayal and in another she wears a suit and is surrounded by her harem of evil servants. So you can't really say Shiro's in the game already except with technicalities like Emiya.

Argas posted:

I'd like to see the matured magus versions of Sakura, Rin, and Shirou as they're depicted on the CEsImaginary Around, Formalcraft, and Limited/Zero Over.

I feel Parvati and another Rin goddess on their way they will probably dump those versions of the characters as servants since those CE designs are really popular and they didn't do the waver thing where their original looks were stuffed into ascensions.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 2, 2017

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Captain Baal posted:

They are in a design sense, but Gudako is a crazy mobage gamer in one portrayal and in another she wears a suit and is surrounded by her harem of evil servants. So you can't really say Shiro's in the game already except with technicalities like Emiya.

I feel Parvati and another Rin goddess on their way they will probably dump those versions of the characters as servants since those CE designs are really popular and they didn't do the waver thing where their original looks were stuffed into ascensions.

They could probably show up as non-servant characters, now that we're treading into weirder singularities and the present is no longer annihilated. Though I suppose that with the 2004 Holy Grail War going differently in the FGOverse, their path in life would've been wildly different/they're deaaaaaad.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Technically the 2004 Grail happened however they want it to happen, that was a singularity where history went haywire, not their past history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Raenir Salazar posted:

Technically the 2004 Grail happened however they want it to happen, that was a singularity where history went haywire, not their past history.

Spoilered just in case.

Olga's father won the 2004 HGW in the FGOverse.