Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Update!
...Plot?
Also oh god panel 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

smug n stuff posted:

Update!
...Plot?
Also oh god panel 2

no way jose, after some more funny faces and a newer character to introduce after that one, we'll get to the plot

check back in 3 months :grin:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Max has upped his penguinface game, I see.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I like quiet girl more with each comic. She's got some pretty good secrets there!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kind of puts Dimitri into question.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tenebrais posted:

Kind of puts Dimitri into question.

oh good point, maybe there are more paranormal sensitive people who may not have the specific talents that max, isaac and co have, which kinda makes the club look kind of elitist for not including people who simply can sense ghosts and such.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dimitri was probably in the club though. there's the one panel with the body part monster and then another i don't remember specifically

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

oddium posted:

dimitri was probably in the club though. there's the one panel with the body part monster and then another i don't remember specifically
Were you thinking of the last panel of this strip? You can see Dimitri giving the thumbs up from off screen.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-96

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, so you just assume the two black kids with superpowers must be the same? You monster.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, have we talked about the very real possibility that literally everyone in Mayview except Suzy knows about spirits? Even the VP seems to have some idea about it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oddium posted:

ya i think the same too, it seems pretty heavily inferred just from body language and facial expression as well. I forget the panel but I just remember it profoundly as he gets that look in his eye :hai:

I was going to reread it again at some point, I'm just waiting for this chapter to end.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PMush Perfect posted:

So, have we talked about the very real possibility that literally everyone in Mayview except Suzy knows about spirits? Even the VP seems to have some idea about it.

Johnny and his gang of bullies are also ignorant of the spirit world, so far. They've seen some freaky sights, yo, but they have no idea about the hows and whys.

That's going to change, though, contrarily to Suzy.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I had a feeling Perfectly Unremarkable Kid wasn't going to blackmail Max, it's nice to see someone trying not to be manipulative (if in a somewhat roundabout way).

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The next words out of her mouth had better be "It's alien", so help me god.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

This was a pretty neat upd- hey, wait a second.

These aren't the same message.

What I got from squinting a little:
Unless you don't want to, which is (?)fine(?). Thank you for (?)taking(?) the time to read my note.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

VerdantSquire posted:

This was a pretty neat upd- hey, wait a second.

These aren't the same message.

What I got from squinting a little:
Unless you don't want to, which is (?)fine(?). Thank you for (?)taking(?) the time to read my note.

It's the same note, just the other side. Look at the hole in the paper. So front side "I know you secret, meet me in the school store" or whatever it was written; and on the other side it continues "unless you don't want to".

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

It's the same note, just the other side. Look at the hole in the paper. So front side "I know you secret, meet me in the school store" or whatever it was written; and on the other side it continues "unless you don't want to".

I never said they were different notes, just that they were different messages?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I just want to speculate a bit here. This latest comic feels like it's setting up for a scene transition. The background in the last panel is blue and full of lightning. If the scene does transition and it doesn't go to Issac I'm going to be mildly upset.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's either a transition to Issac or the new girl about reveal that she thinks the words are something unrelated to spirits.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

she is going to reveal that pj is her dead brother

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

oddium posted:

she is going to reveal that pj is her dead brother
Doesn't PJ talk a little old-timey, though? It's been a while since I read his scenes. I could see him being her great-grand-uncle who died of whooping cough, workhouse fire, or some other Dickensian child death.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. Once again, someone called it, and yet it's also better than I imagined. I love the explanation for Ed there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This girl is straight up ripped from Mob Psycho 100.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Beautiful...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want to believe

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I didn't think Zack would actually do that. I can't believe Zack actually did that. This comic owns pretty hard sometimes.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Good to see that I wasn't the only weirdo kid who like Animorphs back in the day.

Also, good to be back in this weirdo thread.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I thought that was Jon Travolta from Face/Off at first.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

a good page

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RandallODim posted:

Credit where credit is due.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

RandallODim posted:

:golfclap:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Definitely heard the X Files theme looking at Spender there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That's a fine Duchovny.

Also, loving :laffo: at that alien.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's gotta suck to plot this out like four years earlier and then have mp100 come out in the meantime

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Splicer posted:

Credit where credit is due.

I don't know how to feel that my combination prediction/joke-about-things-still-idling turned out to be 100% on the money.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
To be fair, Ed being an alien is a very reasonable assumption.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Good god, that Spender Mulder is amazing.

Spulder.

I might have to retire Petey as my title.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

kinmik posted:

Good to see that I wasn't the only weirdo kid who like Animorphs back in the day.

Also, good to be back in this weirdo thread.

Zack was a guest of the Morph Club Animorphs books club podcast very recently. I aussume that's why the inclusion. Also morph club is great. They don't really know what to do with guests but the two hosts are funny and enthusiastic and if you loved Animorphs as a kid I strongly recommend it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isn't animorphs literally a gritty war story about basically child guerilla
soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Tollymain posted:

isn't animorphs literally a gritty war story about basically child gorilla
soldiers

yeah