Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Please Jesus pan the camera over to reveal Randy Orton posing in front of a burning shack across the other side of this swamp
Asuka is Sister Abigail. Randy Orton is screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Patrick Clark is an early frontrunner for Worst Gimmick of the Year

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm not watching atm but is it the same lovely prince gimmick he had when nak killed him?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's sad too because he's a really excellent talker, has a great build already and not a horrible worker for being 20 years old or whatever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm not watching atm but is it the same lovely prince gimmick he had when nak killed him?

Yes

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Patrick Clark is, wait for it…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

Good

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Patrick will be fine, but it probably won't be with this gimmick.

Peyton did really well there and I'm glad Billie stayed out until after the match so Peyton could get some good work in.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Peyton is easily better than Billie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ohno vs Roode should be great

Wolfie! :woop:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was this the final episode of a taping? Crowd seems burnt out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gargano is soooooooooooooo good. He's probably my favorite guy in NXT, period.

Benne posted:

Was this the final episode of a taping? Crowd seems burnt out.

It's definitely on the backend. I think it's second or third to last.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
oh poo poo, #TopGuys.

I am really looking forward to this 3-way, wow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit Revival, the bad guys were just about to tap, now I want to boo you!

VJeff posted:

Gargano is soooooooooooooo good. He's probably my favorite guy in NXT, period.

He's incredible, to the point that he sometimes unfairly overshadows Ciampa who is actually way better than I remember him being in ROH.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Revival taking the attack of opportunity to take out DIY but then just going ahead and laying out AOP by themselves anyway was great.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tag team three way, hell yes.

Dirty finishes are so rare in NXT that you don't get too upset when they happen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Revival taking the attack of opportunity to take out DIY but then just going ahead and laying out AOP by themselves anyway was great.

I was sure that they were about to get owned by AoP, so that surprise low bridge into another Shatter Machine was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm also a big fan of Paul Ellering croaking,"THE PAIN IS COMING FOR YOU, REVIVAL!" off-screen as the show went off-the-air :)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want to like Patrick Clarks gimmick but I feel like there is no commitment from him. It doesn't seem like he believes anything he is doing. He is just being generic flamboyant guy. Even his tights are just black. Dude needs something a bit more.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Is Patrick Clark doing an Orlando Jordan gimmick? :confused:

His gimmick is Worse Aron Rex.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Peyton is easily better than Billie.

This is why I was so confused by Billie carrying the workload on the ring for months leading up to Dallas.

This might have also been the first time that Ember Moon came to the rescue and the final result wasn't her getting tossed out of the ring while the Aussies leave victorious.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I was listening to the Observer from a couple days ago and Bryan said if it wasn't for Elias Sampson injuring his knee he would have been on the main roster for a year at this point, and now that he's recovered he is due to be called up any time now. Is that for real? I mean there's no way right

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Stale Saltines posted:

I was listening to the Observer from a couple days ago and Bryan said if it wasn't for Elias Sampson injuring his knee he would have been on the main roster for a year at this point, and now that he's recovered he is due to be called up any time now. Is that for real? I mean there's no way right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCNggKaHfXQ

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wwe is a place where everything bad is actually good and everything good is actually bad. That's why goons love to watch it so much.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I once went to an NXT house show and booing the drifter was the most fun part of the show. I believe everyone should experience that

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You could make the case that he was the most over heel on NXT, and has the body type they love. I would like to see him have a good match and stuff first though.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

As soon as he starts having good matches people will like him. The Drifter must remain pure

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/839159019897937920

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They are the best. A stable with them and Alexa would be GOAT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpd9YDNkdTs

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They are the best. A stable with them and Alexa would be GOAT.

Yeah, that would really be the perfect use of them. They still have a ways to go before they should be called up, but their character work would mesh perfectly with Alexa as her lackeys someday.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Sanity is fuckin dumb and the crowd is right to be silent

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
That is one dead crowd.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tye Dillinger And His Stupid loving Idiot Friends

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't get over Ho Ho's complete and utter lack of muscle definition. He looks like a fan wandered into the ring.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ho Ho Lun is one of the only non-local-talent dudes I've ever looked at and thought "this person's ceiling is jobber." Even Barry Horowitz had some stuff going on.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I'm looking forward to Shinsuke killing Perkins.

That is what's gonna happen, right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Billie seriously needs new gear, I can't take her seriously in that mom bathing suit.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

If they're gonna try to sell the Eclipse as a move so insane that it straight-up injures people they probably should've started doing it before right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT needs to stop going to UCF, this crowd is the drizzling shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Benne posted:

NXT needs to stop going to UCF, this crowd is the drizzling shits.

The crowd is impressively bad, but this episode thus far is also two non-matches and one barely-match with an inexplicable injury angle on a heel, so I'm not sure how much better it would've fared.

• Locked thread