Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I think the best part about mass effect is the hooters on that reporter

Yeah, I gave Al-Jilani a hug just so I could feel those puppies. :q:

Mass Effect going back to its roots, its inspirations.

If Ryder can't have a Ryker beard, Bioware is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Error 404 posted:

This comparison is a good way to show why the badness of ME is nbd to me. Its star trek. I love star trek, its always been bad, but I love it.

Someone should try the stabilizing trick with the Mass Effect Gif

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I think the best part about mass effect is the hooters on that reporter

Sara Ryder had a wasp waist in that Peebee loyalty mission footage. All the poo poo hanging off her hips might have had something to do with that, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Error 404 posted:

This comparison is a good way to show why the badness of ME is nbd to me. Its star trek. I love star trek, its always been bad, but I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaI3UegpSI

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Looks like we finally have a first look at some of the multiplayer variety, at least.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are those all Vanguard variants?

If not that's a confusing selection screen

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Do we have shockwave footage somewhere?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Generic American posted:

Looks like we finally have a first look at some of the multiplayer variety, at least.

Wow, that's a lot of humans.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Generic American posted:

So the numbers are levels, can't figure out what the check marked guy is on the far left column.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Really hope if they're ALL Vangaurds, they're purely cosmetic and you don't have to go through each and every one of those fuckers to get to the good Krogan Vanguard

...and if they are all Vanguard, I really wanna know how the gently caress a Salarian plays.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Poops Mcgoots posted:

There is a small, easy to miss scroll bar that looks like it would make that list very, very long.

Burkion posted:

Really hope if they're ALL Vangaurds, they're purely cosmetic and you don't have to go through each and every one of those fuckers to get to the good Krogan Vanguard

...and if they are all Vanguard, I really wanna know how the gently caress a Salarian plays.

As you suggest, I think they are all cosmetic. It says it's a "common class" so I am leaning towards the most basic of basic classes like vanguard are available to all races with no changes, but more specialized and race specific varieties come later. But that's just my :speculate:

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Twelve, it would cover male and female for six profiles.

Edit: I know what an N7 is and what C4 is, but what's a C8?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

There is a small, easy to miss scroll bar that looks like it would make that list very, very long.

Oh poo poo, didn't see that. That's a lot of duders.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Yeah, I think the guns/powers Andromeda Initiative had footage of it, it's the ME2 variation.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Twelve, it would cover male and female for six profiles.

Edit: I know what an N7 is and what C4 is, but what's a C8?

Multiplayer characters are supposed to be members of the GinyuApex Force, so maybe it's their designation.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone have any idea if the special edition guns are worth it? I kind of assume with the crafting system they won't be but haven't heard either way.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone have any idea if the special edition guns are worth it? I kind of assume with the crafting system they won't be but haven't heard either way.

Dragon Age Inquisition also had a weapon pack pre order tie in and on that you also got schematics for the weapons so maybe that may happen in this case

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Number Ten Cocks posted:

So the numbers are levels, can't figure out what the check marked guy is on the far left column.

I assume that means that character is currently the active one they have selected, and the screen is just changing to show each character as they browse?

Also two random nuggets: apparently it was confirmed on Twitter that at least one of the Krogan in that list is female.

And Kumail Nanjiani's "space frog" character was revealed to be a prominent Salarian politician in the game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Spacebump posted:

They are basically going to be the same as the preorder special edition weapons/armor from Inquisition. Ian Frazier explained on twitter that they start out slightly better than poo poo you can get at the start of the game, but stuff you can buy and craft will replace it statistically sooner or later, and upgraded schematics are level gated. Expect there to be a box next to your crafting station that occasionally lets you know you have mail as you reach higher levels. I am not going to go digging through all his tweets to double check, but I believe he said they will not be literal palette swaps of guns in game; they will have some characteristics that make them different from other guns you can make in the game, at least in the technical sense.

Generic American posted:

And Kumail Nanjiani's "space frog" character was revealed to be a prominent Salarian politician in the game.

I forgot about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDQDVGsrH4

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 2, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Generic American posted:

I assume that means that character is currently the active one they have selected, and the screen is just changing to show each character as they browse?

Also two random nuggets: apparently it was confirmed on Twitter that at least one of the Krogan in that list is female.

Are all of those just the Vanguard class, because if so that would imply some crazy amount of diversity for each class which would be killer.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It shows up in here around 2:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM

There's also a brief clip right at the start of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Where's my southern salarian that sounds like Boomhauer bioware

where the gently caress is it

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Burkion posted:

Are all of those just the Vanguard class, because if so that would imply some crazy amount of diversity for each class which would be killer.

Judging by the number of humans, I can only guess that we are looking at more of a "master list".

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Another MP screenshot.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

4000 replies holy gently caress forgot totally about this

I am seeing a lot of this thing called "hopeful feelings" currently in this thread, so, the hottest take must be made

journalists and previewers: would Shepard bang this game?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Another MP shot:

edit: Ein Sexmonster :argh:

Now who's this clown?

quote:

Austin‏ @undyingNoble
well well well, what do we have here? ;)

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
ITSHAPPENING.GIF

I guess maybe press guys are getting review copies?

quote:

Gravitrax‏ @ladyapplesauce
are weapon augments restricted? Like "you can only put this on Milky Way Shotguns" or "you can't have 2 ammo mods"

Gravitrax‏ @ladyapplesauce
or can I go nuts and put Laser shells and grenades on a revenant?

Ian S. Frazier‏ @tibermoon
Go. Friggin'. Nuts. :)

Okay, this one will disappoint some folks:

Sisona Ryder CR‏ SisonaCR
@discobabaloo All faces come preestablished right? They're not customizable?

Fernando Melo‏
@discobabaloo
SisonaCR for MP yes, you have some customization of armor but not face

quote:

Ted Zlammy‏ @tedzlammy
Some of the levels are kinda varied. Does each kit get their own level now instead of kits sharing a class level like in ME3?

Fernando Melo‏ @discobabaloo
good spotting - yes. every single kit now levels up independently.

So each of those is a different class kit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Generic American posted:

Buh...are we allowed to customize those faces, or are those the predetermined faces for each individual class-gender character? Like if you want to play the male human Sentinel then you just have to have that specific face?

edit: gently caress

Don't know if I wanna pre-order now :ohdear:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Transmetropolitan posted:

4000 replies holy gently caress forgot totally about this

I am seeing a lot of this thing called "hopeful feelings" currently in this thread, so, the hottest take must be made

journalists and previewers: would Shepard bang this game?

Shepard would bang Allers, so you betcha

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also looks like that asari vanguard has backlash, charge, and lance.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am glad that only the character you're playing gets leveled up, and not the entire class.

gently caress you humans you're going to be level 1 forever.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

The Mass Effect subreddit has a number of people claiming that the option to preload is now available on Xbox One, so that might be where the download picture came from.

Taken with a grain of salt, naturally.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Buh...are we allowed to customize those faces, or are those the predetermined faces for each individual class-gender character? Like if you want to play the male human Sentinel then you just have to have that specific face?

edit: gently caress

Don't know if I wanna pre-order now :ohdear:

Hopefully by armor customization you get to pick things like helmets to cover heads you don't like, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think they're trying to go for something like, again, Inquisition did, where MP characters would hang around your base. In this case, each of those MP kits is a character you could bump into on the Nexus.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Another MP screenshot.

This reminds me of 343 Halo levels.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

This reminds me of 343 Halo levels.

That map looks real similar to one of the ME3 maps, the desert one with the antenna

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Another MP screenshot.

i was kind of hoping that bioware might try to make the structure of multiplayer matches a little less rigid. then this picture has an objective round on wave 3

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Heres a pretty lengthy article on combat from someone who got to play for a bit.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda-class-guide-profiles-combat

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Spaseman posted:

Heres a pretty lengthy article on combat from someone who got to play for a bit.

This is entirely my poo poo.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Spaseman posted:

This all sounds fantastic. Though one part about the weight system contradicts what we'd heard earlier. I like the new system and want to carry more cool guns besides the lightest possible pistol.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thank God IGN was just being stupid with the powers

Biotic Charge Turret fighting lives on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

Shepard would bang Allers, so you betcha

dayum

Serf posted:

This all sounds fantastic. Though one part about the weight system contradicts what we'd heard earlier. I like the new system and want to carry more cool guns besides the lightest possible pistol.

Hopefully no weight system because come on going all the way in removing class restrictions to just slap a much sillier one with equipment