Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
No mention of the length of the story? gently caress that publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

No mention of the length of the story? gently caress that publisher.

30k words. They put it here but not on the product page, which is kind of weird.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I absolutely loved The Rook and just started Stiletto. It looks like the sequel follows Felicity and Odette pretty much exclusively. Will we get any chapters from Myf's perspective?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dienes posted:

I absolutely loved The Rook and just started Stiletto. It looks like the sequel follows Felicity and Odette pretty much exclusively. Will we get any chapters from Myf's perspective?

Yeah, there are a few from her perspective though she's mostly a supporting character with a larger than average subplot.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I really liked Stiletto but I loved The Rook; it was frustrating to go from this character I really liked to the viewpoints of two characters I was just lukewarm about, and then the setting/universe just carried the rest of the story.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Is the cousin that little girl from the railroad tracks?

I have this terrible problem where I read and enjoy the Peter Grant books, but I can never remember more than extremely vague details about what happened in which book.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Beachcomber posted:

Is the cousin that little girl from the railroad tracks?

I have this terrible problem where I read and enjoy the Peter Grant books, but I can never remember more than extremely vague details about what happened in which book.

Yes, the cousin is the girl with the train ghost.

Also there is a really creepy character featured in the latest book that was the same fox shape-shifter character trying to get said cousin along so he could gently caress her.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Where the hell is the book, Butcher?

Just had to piss and moan cause I finished the series again.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
The most likely cause is the delay in getting the sex scenes finished up and into the story, probably because he doesn't live with the author anymore. Don't worry. It's gonna be the biggest and best book yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What actually happened is that he lost his text file of descriptions and now has to replace "Someone's aunt" and "Good people" with new descriptions. This means it will take 10x as long to write every successive book.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Spun Dog posted:

Where the hell is the book, Butcher?

Just had to piss and moan cause I finished the series again.

Don't worry, it will probably come out before GRRRRRRRRRM's next book. Probably won't be another year before Peace Talks. Definitely won't be two.

Maybe that ( new ) TV show will come through one of these years, and we'll have something to tide us over between books.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Maybe that ( new ) TV show will come through one of these years, and we'll have something to tide us over between books.

Wait, what?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Jim has hinted that people are interested in doing something along the lines of a show, that they've talked to him about getting rights. We might get a new show, eventually. If you wish hard enough. :v:

Might end up being one of those horrible wish-come-true situations though, depending on who gets a hold of it.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 4, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Jim has hinted that people are interested in doing something along the lines of a show, that they've talked to him about getting rights. We might get a new show, eventually. If you wish hard enough. :v:

Might end up being one of those horrible wish-come-true situations though, depending on who gets a hold of it.

Let's hope some decent company gets the rights and does something decent with them, now I'm curious about what would happen if Starz made it.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Angry Lobster posted:

Let's hope some decent company gets the rights and does something decent with them, now I'm curious about what would happen if Starz made it.

Let's hope bollywood or the chinese equivalent who's name escapes me at the moment gets the rights instead. Can you imagine how hilariously cowboy dresden would end up?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

Harry Dresden - Wand and Sand.

I had a fun time imagining Timothy Olyphant playing Dresden. FX could probably do a good job with it, but you'd probably want someone like Netflix or HBO to throw a budget behind it. Cinemax did a great job with Banshee, but seeing the way they killed that final season. drat.

I don't even care if they deviate from the books in radical ways as long as the characters are essentially the same and the story is good.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Netflix strikes me as the kind of studio who'd do Netflix-a successful fantasy book series about a private investigator who's also a wizard. They already d id comic book shows right with their Marvel properties, pulp fiction like Dresden would be a natural fit.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I had a fun time imagining Timothy Olyphant playing Dresden.

Weird. Dresden looks like Olyphant in my imagination too.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i hope they take the ghostbusters route and recast dresden as a girl

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

Netflix strikes me as the kind of studio who'd do Netflix-a successful fantasy book series about a private investigator who's also a wizard. They already d id comic book shows right with their Marvel properties, pulp fiction like Dresden would be a natural fit.

Getting whoever did the fights for Daredevil to do them for Dresden would be the best thing. Would dig it a bunch if they were the ones that got the rights in the end.

Please not CW or AMC.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think Oliphant might just be too old for Harry. He's almost 50. I just don't see Harry being 50.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Getting whoever did the fights for Daredevil to do them for Dresden would be the best thing. Would dig it a bunch if they were the ones that got the rights in the end.

Please not CW or AMC.

CW has done passable, mostly true to source, and fun/entertaining jobs with D.C. comic shows Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, might not be so bad.

Plus, Butcher already writes the books like CW Casting with everyone being so pretty.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dresden is basically a CW show in book form. You know, like the 18-rated version of Buffy. If Supernatural ends in the next couple of years, Dresden would be a sensible replacement for them.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
"My name is Harry Dresden, and I am Chicago's Wizard for hire..."

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

"My name is Harry Dresden, and I am Chicago's Wizard for hire..."

Is it bad that I immediately read that in Paul Blackthorne's voice.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

hangedman1984 posted:

Is it bad that I immediately read that in Paul Blackthorne's voice.

It would be bad if you didn't.

I wonder if Alan Ball could do a good job, a la True Blood.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hixalot posted:

CW has done passable, mostly true to source, and fun/entertaining jobs with D.C. comic shows Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, might not be so bad.

Plus, Butcher already writes the books like CW Casting with everyone being so pretty.

I don't actually mind CW that much, but I have a feeling it would end up more like The Vampire Diaries or the sad, shambling zombie that is Supernatural.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wonder how expensive Cillian Murphy would be to cast as Dresden in a miniseries (as long as people are just copy-pasting casting suggestions from Google).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I wonder how expensive Cillian Murphy would be to cast as Dresden in a miniseries (as long as people are just copy-pasting casting suggestions from Google).

Cillian Murphy is way too goddamn pretty to be Harry Dresden.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Bruce Campbell as Bob The Skull.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The correct answer is James Marsters as Harry Dresden, James Marsters In A Skull Mask as Bob The Skull, James Marsters In A Wig for Karren Murphy, James Marsters With Fangs for vampires and so-on.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Basically, you want to turn Dresden Files into Binding of Isaac, with Marsters?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

immoral_ posted:

Basically, you want to turn Dresden Files into Binding of Isaac, with Marsters?

Would you say this isn't a massive improvement?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ImpAtom posted:

Cillian Murphy is way too goddamn pretty to be Harry Dresden.

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

ImpAtom posted:

The correct answer is James Marsters as Harry Dresden, James Marsters In A Skull Mask as Bob The Skull, James Marsters In A Wig for Karren Murphy, James Marsters With Fangs for vampires and so-on.

Except using makeup to make him look like hell for Harry Dresden and his normal movie makeup for when he's Thomas.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

Would you say this isn't a massive improvement?

Over the sifi series? Yeah, even though I did like bits and pieces of it.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

immoral_ posted:

Over the sifi series? Yeah, even though I did like bits and pieces of it.

Am I the only one who hears "sifi" in my head pronounced like "siffee" or "syphie"; perhaps a cute pet name for syphillis or something? Horrible branding decision.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Blasphemeral posted:

Am I the only one who hears "sifi" in my head pronounced like "siffee" or "syphie"; perhaps a cute pet name for syphillis or something? Horrible branding decision.

It may or may not help, but the channel is "SyFy", not "SiFi."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Blasphemeral posted:

It's SyFy, and yes, many people pronounce it like syphilis. I recall there being a lot of commentary about that around the time of the rebranding. That's when they were balls deep with "reality" ghost hunting shows and wrasslin.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Ornamented Death posted:

Oh, really? 'Cause that's how I always hear it in my head anyway, I didn't notice.

flosofl posted:

It's SyFy, and yes, many people pronounce it like syphilis. I recall there being a lot of commentary about that around the time of the rebranding. That's when they were balls deep with "reality" ghost hunting shows and wrasslin.

I thought they had decided to switch back since then? Did that not end up happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Ornamented Death posted:

It was SiFi, until they renamed themselves.