Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

CaptainScraps posted:

Holy hell. That sucks.

Honestly, I'd probably advise you to wait 12 hours for the first tryhard bracket to fill up. I did SCL 7 of that same slice, didn't start until the evening and ended up top 40 with the same amount.

I think it might be the SCL that is the problem, I just moved up to SCL 8 a few events ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Freaking Crumbum posted:

look at it this way, it's the game telling you not to bother with a loving awful heroic event!

yuuuup

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008
Is Caulson any good? I can usually get enough points in an event to get the 4-star cover through progression, but I don't really want to put the effort in this time.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Mykkel posted:

I think it might be the SCL that is the problem, I just moved up to SCL 8 a few events ago.

Did you do your four, wait 24 hours for the fifth, then wait 22 hours for 6 through 8th? Because if you didn't you're out of the running. Cl8 is super competitive and Coulson looks to be really good.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mykkel posted:

For the new release PVE, the differences between SCL 7 and 8 is 250 ISO for top 100.

Totally worth it, especially since top 100 in the subs rewarded you with 200 HP per sub.

quote:

Is Coulson any good?

Maybe. We don't know yet. He's got some neat synergies.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 27, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ultimately decided to burn 120 CP on champing Peggy, bringing me down to 160 CP and 80,000 ISO. I feel so poor now.

Champing her got me IW Green, which is lackluster but at least not useless.

Leveled Elektra to like 170 or something for Clash, got really unlucky on the first fight (by the time I had enough Purple, there were not enough Reds on the board to activate Blade's passive, and Blade got off 1 Black and 2 Purples to me getting off 1 Black) but won handily on the second fight (managed to get enough Purples to instantly steal away his Strike tiles twice and then ate up all the remaining Reds, got enough to use 2 Reds but they got matched away as collateral damage from Blade's 4-match). Got a Thanos Black for my troubles.

The Deadpool PvE and the Heroic PvE do not really post a threat to me because I have 3 champed 4*s boosted this week - Ice-man, Hulkbuster, and IW.

The team of Ice-man, Peggy, and IM40 is pretty much enough to see me through anything. Getting 6 Yellow and 3 Green lets me do 9 to 12k teamwide damage, throw a 4-turn stun, and 6k single damage (Peggy Red) and 16k single damage (Ice-man Blue) in one turn, and the enemy can't do jack poo poo unless they get lucky with matches because they suffer from +4 AP costs.

Honestly it's insane how good Ice-man's Blue is, especially when you compare it to IW Green. When boosted, Ice-man Blue does a 4-turn stun + 16k damage for 12 Blue AP, while boosted IW does 16k or 17k damage for 12 Green AP. But Ice-man can choose 2 different targets, so he can essentially lock down 2 people at once, whereas IW's is just on one target. Plus, IW Green gets weaker on the second use unless you get rid of at least 1 Force Bubble or make a bunch with Blue.

If you throw Starlord into the mix it's even more skewed in favor of Ice-man cause he can do that for 8 Blue AP while IW requires 10 Green. And if you do have 12 Blue AP, that's 2 4-turn stuns + 16k damage! And IM40 gives more Blue than Green, so....

And if Ice-man is too hurt, then I can just switch to a team of Hulkbuster, IF, and Starlord / 4* Cyclops.

Also, Coulson seems super neat and I want him. He looks like he'd be really good with either Medusa or Carol. Having all 3 would probably be overkill.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ultimately decided to burn 120 CP on champing Peggy, bringing me down to 160 CP and 80,000 ISO. I feel so poor now.

WTF is wrong with you, I am constantly at 0CP and 0ISO

I spend it all as it comes in

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted to save up 1k or 2k CP and use it in one go. Also I keep getting covers that I'm forced to throw away.

And I like having at least 300k to 400k ISO around so I can instantly max champ a 4* if needed.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Thing of spending 120 cp on peggy as buying an advantage over most of the population. She's not fun to fight and a monster boosted. I can usually hop from 0 to 900 a day into a pvp slice with her and just coast because mots people hate fighting her. Saves a ton on shields.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I skip Peggy myself because I don't relish the thought of fighting her. Anything else with an annoying passive, I can just stun.

But stunning Peggy itself requires you to spend +4 AP!

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

Hate-Senpai posted:

I wanted to save up 1k or 2k CP and use it in one go. Also I keep getting covers that I'm forced to throw away.

And I like having at least 300k to 400k ISO around so I can instantly max champ a 4* if needed.

I've just rostered everything so yeah, and I'm currently maxing all of my 3* characters so there is no ISO to save before I start the next guy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also, if you guys haven't noticed, SW has been hit with a pretty hefty nerf that also affects 4* Cyclops and some other heroes.

SW's Blue and Green, 4* Cyclops's Blue, and some other skills no longer work on Team-Up Tiles.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Because that was loving necessary. loving pricks.

And they've broken Elektra, Shadow Step isn't preventing damage. Still, beat the clash anyway, Black Panther. So that's nice at least.

Just missing Thanos and Iron Man and Coulson now. Plus all the non-juggs one star lot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No you don't understand, it had to be done for, uh...

quote:

Hey Everyone,

Some powers have been changed in the way they handle Team-Up tiles. Team-Up tiles are not considered Basic tiles, but some powers where still treating them as such. We will be changing a handful of powers to remain consistent in this rule. We will be monitoring this change to ensure that it doesn't create a negative impact on the game.

The following powers have been updated:
Beast (Classic) - Animal Inside
Cyclops (Classic) - Called Shot
Cyclops (Classic) - Combined Forces
Doctor Strange - Eye of Agamotto
Hulk (Totally Awesome) - Mastermind Excello
Iron Man (Model 40) - Ballistic Salvo
Moonstone (Dark Avengers) - Gravity Warp
Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) - Idle Hands
Rocket & Groot - Blammo! We Got Ya!
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) - Arcane Incantation
Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) - Hex Bolt (Power levels 1- 4)
Silver Surfer (Skyrider) - Silver Singularity
Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) - Furry Friends
War Machine (James Rhodes) - Gatling Gun
Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) - Precision Shot

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

Because that was loving necessary. loving pricks.

And they've broken Elektra, Shadow Step isn't preventing damage. Still, beat the clash anyway, Black Panther. So that's nice at least.

Just missing Thanos and Iron Man and Coulson now. Plus all the non-juggs one star lot.

why would you want the 1stars?

Thanos black is so loving good, I love using him on wave nodes with Iron Fist and Strange. It's amazing how fast deadpool daily is done with those guys.

I haven't felt the SW nerf as drastically as some people are crying about. It hasn't affected my team of IM40, KK and SW which is killer in PvP

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hear people keep 1* Black Widow with no Purple and Blue maxed to send as Team Ups because it's a longass single target stun + teamwide 1-turn stun for fairly cheap.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Some top flight alliances do I'm sure, but I don't love my alliance that much I don't have the roster space quite yet.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I keep 5 copies of 1* widow with 5 blue covers each for teamups. They're the main thing I ask for too so it only seems fair.

Our NYC legendary tokens opening party yielded me an 11-cover 5trange and 10-cover thano5 so keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll pull the remaining covers I need before they get dumped into classics.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is the servers down? I can't connect.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is the servers down? I can't connect.

Yeah been down for about 45 min now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Janitor Prime posted:

why would you want the 1stars?

Oh, no, I don't want to roster them. But I feel like they count as part of "all the characters" even though they're pretty useless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're implementing this new thing for everyone at Shield Level 8 and up.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60255

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I'll abandon my plans of saving CP and start pulling as soon as Coulson becomes available, since they've reduced the 4* pool from Legendary pulls.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

I think I'll abandon my plans of saving CP and start pulling as soon as Coulson becomes available, since they've reduced the 4* pool from Legendary pulls.

Lol I guess I should have waited to spend that 1000 cp I spent two weeks ago.

Its a good change though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really happy with the changes, though this is probably because the 3 4*s I want are recent ones.

Also, whose idea was it to have an Elektra Vault right after a Mr. Fantastic Vault.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
So what's the thinking in regards to the best way to do this bonus thing? Fave a couple from each tier? Fave everyone you own? Fave just a few 4* and 5*?

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Switch your faves around depending on what kind of tokens you're opening. Have all 3*'s when you're doing heroic and elites. Change to 4's and 5's when you're go to cash in cp. You only get the bonus chance if you actually pull a character of that rarity so there's no point in having a 5* set all the time.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That also means there's no reason not to have a 5 set...

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

That also means there's no reason not to have a 5 set...

That's what I was wondering. There doesn't appear to be a limit on favorites. Why wouldn't you just favorite everything?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why would you favorite everything??

Just favorite the things you want extra chances at...

Seems pretty straightforward.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hate-Senpai posted:

They're implementing this new thing for everyone at Shield Level 8 and up.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60255

So...

Packs only contain the 12 latest 4* characters now...
Unless you have a 4* character of your choice favorited...
If you have a 4* character favorited and you pull a 4* cover out of a single pack, you have 5% chance of getting a bonus cover of that favorited 4*...

The whole system also applies to 3* and 5* characters. And they doubled the pull rate of 3* and tripled 4*.

Convoluted as gently caress but it could be cool. I'm more worried about the PVE changes I heard of.

Anals of History posted:

That's what I was wondering. There doesn't appear to be a limit on favorites. Why wouldn't you just favorite everything?

As far as I can tell, that would give you the same result as marking none of them favorite.

quote:

What if I do not Choose any Favorite Characters?
If you get a Bonus Hero and you have not chosen a Favorite character for that rarity you will receive a random character from that rarity as your Bonus Hero.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What pve changes?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
They modified the 7 day reward structure to be not awful.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

MarcusSA posted:

What pve changes?

It's from reddit (and I haven't watched the video they linked) so take it with a grain of salt.

quote:

Biggest one is that SCL level will affect scaling in PvE and they're hoping to bring the rewards more in line with the difficulty of the different SCL levels. That's a massive deal. Hope to have it implemented in a month or so.
The rest are: they are going to continue the release schedule of about two 4-stars a season and hoping to update 1-2 old characters a season. Those two are more par for the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHwwOZrq62Y

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Guess I'll just go for one of each for now. Both Thanoses and Quake I guess. Might stick Five Iron Man on there too. Collector bug still got me.

The auto select made me laugh though. Elektra, Torch, Goblin. HT is ok I suppose.

Fake edit: okay, first heroic got me a Wasp and bonus Quake, I'm sold. Gonna boot Thanos 3 off the list I think.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

zeroskippy posted:

Switch your faves around depending on what kind of tokens you're opening. Have all 3*'s when you're doing heroic and elites. Change to 4's and 5's when you're go to cash in cp. You only get the bonus chance if you actually pull a character of that rarity so there's no point in having a 5* set all the time.

i don't think you have to go to this much effort. to test, i favorited two heroes at the 3*, 4*, and 5* tiers all at the same time. when i select a legendary pack, it only shows my adjusted odds for the 4* and 5* heroes. if i select a heroic token, it only shows my adjusted odds for the 3* and 4* heroes. it looks like the system is smart enough to only include the odds for heroes you could legally pull from a pack.

i am inferring that you wouldn't want to favorite every single hero on your roster, because that effectively undoes the benefit of having a favorite. if you favorite one 4* hero and check a legend pack, it shows that your odds of drawing that favorite hero are 1:20. if you favorite twelve 4* heroes and check the odds, they're still 1:20, but in the second case you've got 1:20 odds of pulling one of twelve heroes, whereas in the first case you've got 1:20 odds of pulling the single hero.

from what i can infer, it seems like the best idea would be to favorite only a single hero at each tier, until you max that hero, and then move onto the next one. any more than that and you're actively diluting your own odds.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

from what i can infer, it seems like the best idea would be to favorite only a single hero at each tier, until you max that hero, and then move onto the next one. any more than that and you're actively diluting your own odds.

Yeah from my understanding of it this seems like the best idea.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

McDragon posted:

The auto select made me laugh though. Elektra, Torch, Goblin. HT is ok I suppose.

This must be random.

Mine was Falcon, 5* Spider and Quake.

Also it's weird how certain characters are marked limited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mine was goblin electra IM40

They are limited because you can't pull them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Enemy Of The State PVE is giving away 2 4* covers for progression in Level 7 & 8

Purple & Black Gwenpool

-edit I'm liking this new update. Pulled a 3* Spider-Man from a standard token and got a bonus Thanos.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 2, 2017