Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He put 16 points up on the Pats last year, and that was when their D wasn't really working that well so I don't know if you should really point to that particular game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

I am surprised more people aren't talking about Landry Jones. Steelers are probably going to extend him as a backup, but he actually showed improvement not just from this to the last, but also as the season went on. He basically looked like a mid tier talent against the Browns in the final game, and kept the Steelers close to the Pats.

This is a troll post, right?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
WarCrimes what are the odds of Oakland signing Tony Washington?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
THATS a troll post

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Amy Pole Her posted:

THATS a troll post

*shrug* Landry Jones is utter poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers have started talking to Jason Verrett about a contract extension because they're a bad organization

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The redskins. You know, because they're drunk.

quote:

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan is not in attendance at this week's NFL Combine.

A team spokesman said McCloughan is "taking care of some family matters," but his absence will only add to speculation McCloughan is being pushed out in Washington. Team employee Chris Cooley recently started a rumor that McCloughan has been drinking, and multiple reports out of D.C. indicate McCloughan's power in the Redskins' front office has been reduced and/or stripped. For the past two years, the Redskins had seemingly become a functional organization again on McCloughan's watch. Since the 2016 season ended, the dysfunction has returned and then some.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

It not new news that McC has a drinking problem. Its why he was in football exile to begin with.

Landry Jones is garbage

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Packers giving me 2005 flashbacks with this "let's get rid of our two all-pro guards" philosophy. If Don Barclay is starting next year, I'm mentally checking out of the season before we begin.

Also Landry Jones sucks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

WarCrimes what are the odds of Oakland signing Tony Washington?

Isn't that the ol who was going to be a second round pick until it came out he had sex with his sister

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler made a ton of money by looking worse than Landry Jones does. That's all I am talking about. People were talking about giving a first round pick for Jimmy G despite him showing only an Alex Smith level of talent at hitting an open guy in the flats.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

FizFashizzle posted:

I was rooting for the guy, but this isn't terribly surprising. I remember a piece on him right before he got the Redskins job. It was trying to build a redemption story, but towards the end he talked about how he only drinks beer now, and as long as he stayed away from liquor he'd be fine. Come on man, that's not a reasoning you get to use after you already lost a job because of drinking.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 2, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

swickles posted:

Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler made a ton of money by looking worse than Landry Jones does. That's all I am talking about. People were talking about giving a first round pick for Jimmy G despite him showing only an Alex Smith level of talent at hitting an open guy in the flats.

Matt "Franchise records" Flynn? 480 yds and 6 TDs in his starting debut?

Osweiler at least looked mildly serviceable in his fill-in games.

Landry Jones' best game was a fluke OT win against the 1-15 Browns, where the Browns had three game-sealing opportunities go all a-brownsian.

He is a hot turd.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Isn't that the ol who was going to be a second round pick until it came out he had sex with his sister

Oh is that what he did? WC just kept saying he was a true hero I dunno

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Looks like there are actually two Tony Washingtons who've been in the NFL and then the sister one who went undrafted because he had, you know, sex with his sister

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Looks like there are actually two Tony Washingtons who've been in the NFL and then the sister one who went undrafted because he had, you know, sex with his sister

Since one of them played in the 80's and the other one is a practice squad level player the sister fucker must have been who he was talking about, since he's pretty good at football in addition to...you know...that whole thing.

He's been playing in Canada the last few years.

e: Oh there's another current one, an undrafted OLB who's been hurt and never played a game.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

go back to gbs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

go back to gbs

Hard hitting. Thought provoking.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Kaepernick is not a Niner anymore... until he comes crawling back.

But for now, I'm free. I'm free! No more dumb arguments about him. No more 6/$126 million jokes. No kneeling jokes.

I'm free.

Free to have a team run into the ground without any hope of recovery, sure.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

:thurman:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/837309228205342722

I think I'd be okay with this.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/837322121105784833

Makes me think the Eagles might not feel good about Stills negotiations

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/837322121105784833

Makes me think the Eagles might not feel good about Stills negotiations

I sure hope they don't. We need a bonafide #1 which I do believe Cooks can be, as can Jeffery or (somehow) Pryor.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can the Eagles afford Jeffrey? I thought their cap was really tight?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can the Eagles afford Jeffrey? I thought their cap was really tight?

It's very tight as of now, yes. 8.3 mil. Chances are we'll be saving money via RB Mathews (4 mil), Barwin (nearly 8 mil), and maybe Kelce and Kendricks though I'd guess Kendricks not Kelce. Should be about 21 mil when the guns start firing and maybe we'll save even more by sending Chase Daniel to a QB needy team to compete for a job wherever. Hard to say, but if we want to make a move on Jeffery, I'd say we can.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don't think anyone is going to pay what the Saints will want for Cooks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please not the Titans

I can't bear (heh) the idea of them getting Alshon and Williams

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

Please not the Titans

I can't bear (heh) the idea of them getting Alshon and Williams

If the Titans sign Alshon I highly doubt we will go WR with our first round picks. I can see us using #5 on Adams or Hooker and then the best CB at #18.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Alshon would loving own for the 8 games he plays yes please. They probably use one of their first on oj Howard if they get Alshon instead of a wr

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
More Eagles updates:

- Brandon Cooks is confirmed being talked about being traded to either the Eagles or Titans. More likely to the Titans according to one source. But the two other sources are conflicted on "who's ahead" between the Titans and Eagles
- Eagles, Titans, Bears still the top 3 spots Alshon can end up with. Also, 49ers.
- Chase Daniels receiving interest in the trade market. Would relieve $6 million in cap space.
- Kelce likely to stay

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

89 posted:

More Eagles updates:

- Brandon Cooks is confirmed being talked about being traded to either the Eagles or Titans. More likely to the Titans according to one source. But the two other sources are conflicted on "who's ahead" between the Titans and Eagles
- Eagles, Titans, Bears still the top 3 spots Alshon can end up with. Also, 49ers.
- Chase Daniels receiving interest in the trade market. Would relieve $6 million in cap space.
- Kelce likely to stay

Meh
Good
Good
Meh

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans re-sign QB Matt Cassel to an extended deal today.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kalli posted:

There is a minimum pay, and Brady isn't being paid, $1m this year, that's just his base pay.

Because of the suspension, Brady redid his contract last year, and lowered the base pay for 2016/2107 to $1m with a $28m signing bonus. So he's being paid $15m a year, he just got almost all of it upfront.

So $15m for the GOAT while Andrew luck gets nearly $25m? That's $10m extra they have for paying other players while still having the GOAT. I don't know how they'd enforce something like that, but it does seem to give an advantage to them.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I don't believe Matt Cassel should be rosterable at this point.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

More Eagles updates:
- Kelce likely to stay

Called it~

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brb just going to go barf

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/837355041157701632

e: unless they mean as a backup I guess.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Why

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mariota gets hurt because of his small frame maybe? Love or hate him Cassel is better than most backups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
What's the general opinion of Bills fans around Tyrod? I find it hard to keep up with the whims of other fanbases lately.

• Locked thread