Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
NORTHWESTERN

GET IN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Holy crap NW pulled it out. No one wanted to make a shot that last minute.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE loving WILDCAT THAT WAS loving AMAZING PLEASE DON'T QUOTE MY INSANE MELTDOWN

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
That was a seriously impressive inbounds pass. I can't even be mad.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
1.7 seconds left Northwestern heaves a full-court pass, caught by a man, lays it in over the defense to win the game over Michigan and pretty much punch their ticket to the dance.

Holy poo poo what a play.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It was nice of Zak Irvin to jack up an idiotic three instead of getting the last shot so that Northwestern could make the tournament. Just the kind of bad player but good person that he is

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Zak Irvin is a terrible basketball player

also the Northwestern guy pushed off on that hail mary

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

BlackJosh posted:

That was a seriously impressive inbounds pass. I can't even be mad.

Can I be mad that the 6'10" guy literally stood there shrugging his shoulders while guarding no one instead of making a play on the ball?

I mean, have you ever seen a player stop playing and shrug his shoulders while an opposing player is making the game winning shot?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
yo gently caress northwestern

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lmao northwestern is my poo poo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
there was an outrageously smug and loud Michigan fan at work today talking about how they were gonna put the final nail in Northwestern's coffin tonight and I'm now in a text chain with a large number of other coworkers planning on wearing purple tomorrow just to spite her

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Neodoomium posted:

also the Northwestern guy pushed off on that hail mary

i thought he did at first but in reality he didn't really

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
loving spoiled rear end rich kid school that graduated darren rovell and is coached by a one of the dukiest dookies to ever duke

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
(love you rdm)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

loving spoiled rear end rich kid school that graduated darren rovell and is coached by a one of the dukiest dookies to ever duke

firm but fair

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
better pass than any Northwestern football player could muster this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

better pass than any Northwestern football player could muster this season

please do not disrespect Pinstripe Bowl Champion Clayton Thorson

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Can I be mad that the 6'10" guy literally stood there shrugging his shoulders while guarding no one instead of making a play on the ball?

I mean, have you ever seen a player stop playing and shrug his shoulders while an opposing player is making the game winning shot?

It was a full court pass for a game winning shot.

So yes.

E: misread your post at first

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Great Autismo! posted:

i thought he did at first but in reality he didn't really

Did he really not? Man there were like two replays that make it seem like he made his own separation.

Hell of a pass to get the ball to him at any rate, and Zak Irvin is still an idiot

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Just got back from Welsh-Ryan arena. That game nearly erased 2 decades of watching this team suck out loud. Nearly. The inevitable Sweet 16 run will erase the rest.

Roll drat 'Cats

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

BITCH

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I'm opposed to East Carolina winning sort of on principle but it's pretty hilarious nonetheless to watch UConn take an L in Greenville NC.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

put this kiddo in the damb tournament

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/837155161608892418

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

drat, this Murray State/Tennessee Tech game...

Watch the last couple minutes of the second OT here

http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=5218

edit: great ending, Murray State pulled it out. Friendly reminder that a lot of the early round games for these small conferences can be watched for free on that conference's digital channel.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 2, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MourningView posted:

also michael wilbon

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Josh Lyman posted:

also michael wilbon

also they are currently being sued because their shithead Duke trust fund baby coach harassed players into transferring against their will. but they've been lovely at sports for a long time so apparently they are good guys

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

also michael wilbon

Wilbon is cool though so I think you're making the opposite point here

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I fully expect Purdue to win out to raise expectations, get a 3 seed, and then lose to a 6 seed UVA 45-38 in a game that makes the tourney game against Cincinnati a couple years ago look competent and fun

lunardi that isn't cool

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rooting for Northwestern to win it all if Florida can't.

Thanks that's my drive by commentary for the day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

#7 seed Campbell trying to upset #2 seed UNC Asheville in the Big South tournament. Up 77-71 with a couple minute left and Campbell's Chris Clemons has 51 points!!

edit: hell yeah, the fighting Camels win

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 2, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys there are some hilarious bracketology nonsense going around.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Nolan Arenado posted:

#7 seed Campbell trying to upset #2 seed UNC Asheville in the Big South tournament. Up 77-71 with a couple minute left and Campbell's Chris Clemons has 51 points!!

Go Fighting Camels--though actually a little sad for this, UNC-A has had an unexpectedly great year and would have been a pretty nasty 15/16 matchup. Winthrop could still do well though.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

lunardi that isn't cool

purdue wins 8 of 9, drops to a 5 seed
uva wins 2 of 6, rises to a 4 seed

seems legit

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The Great Autismo! posted:

purdue wins 8 of 9, drops to a 5 seed
uva wins 2 of 6, rises to a 4 seed

seems legit

Purdue shouldn't be a 5 seed, but on the other hand the Big Ten is trash.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Go Fighting Camels--though actually a little sad for this, UNC-A has had an unexpectedly great year and would have been a pretty nasty 15/16 matchup. Winthrop could still do well though.

Winthrop might end up with a pretty drat easy path to the autobid. 6 seed Radford is ahead of 3 seed Liberty 29-21 at halftime.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's a bracket out there with Georgia Tech (17-13) and Wake Forest (17-12) in and Wichita State (27-4) and Illinois State (25-5) out.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

There's a bracket out there with Georgia Tech (17-13) and Wake Forest (17-12) in and Wichita State (27-4) and Illinois State (25-5) out.

So who exactly do they think is winning the MVC tournament?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Middle Tennessee State, the best team in the C-USA by a long, long way, is in trouble against 6-23 Florida International. Started out in a 19-1 hole, now 30-18. Still first half though.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let's go Iowa

Also Minnesota is 100% the class of the big ten right now and it's hilarious

• Locked thread