Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Caylus is a much rarer opportunity so play that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

But you can probably get in two games of Inis for every game of Caylus!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Watched a review. Looks pretty cool to me, but I'm a sucker for dice games :shrug:

Which review did you watch, I'm curious because I saw a review by tom vasel but the comments on it said that it was a bad review where he didn't understand some of the game's rules and was also mad about aspects of the game that he praised other games for doing, but I saw another review by uhhh rodney whatshisface the "watch it played" dude and he seemed to enjoy it a lot and made it seem like a lot of fun

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

FirstAidKite posted:

Which review did you watch, I'm curious because I saw a review by tom vasel but the comments on it said that it was a bad review where he didn't understand some of the game's rules and was also mad about aspects of the game that he praised other games for doing, but I saw another review by uhhh rodney whatshisface the "watch it played" dude and he seemed to enjoy it a lot and made it seem like a lot of fun

It's not a good game. You'll be bored in 5 minutes.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Rodney does an excellent job explaining how to play games, but he doesn't really offer an opinion. I watched him play Machi Koro with his kids and he seemed to enjoy it a lot and made it seem like a lot of fun, so don't misinterpret his genial nature as rigorous critical evaluation.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

CommonShore posted:

While we're on expansions, I'll take a moment to note that the Merchants and Marauders is excellent. The only bad thing I can say about it is that there are a few too many chits on board now. Everything that it does for the base game is an improvement, with no bloat whatsoever.

Does it fix the base game being an awful experience that made me want to cut my wrists, where at one point I actually had to get up and leave the table because I was so frustrated?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

With the wretched creature - how often do you get the curse on the bottom half off? That is a big attraction because of the combo potential with the two +damage per condition cards

There is no combo potential there. Curse and Bless don't stay in place, they just immediately add a curse or bless card to the appropriate modifier deck. Yes, there are tokens for them, but according to the official FAQ they're pointless.

And FWIW I took Silent Scream. It's 90% a straight upgrade for Parasitic Infestation. (I do occasionally miss the ability to force-move an enemy, but move-with-push is often better.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

I watched the Tom Vassel review lol. I figured he didn't know what he was talking about!

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

CaptainRightful posted:

Quick poll: having never played either before, I have the opportunity to play either Caylus or Inis this weekend. 3 players. I enjoy both worker placement and dudes on a map, so which should I choose?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

It's not a good game. You'll be bored in 5 minutes.

Oh ok

CaptainRightful posted:

Rodney does an excellent job explaining how to play games, but he doesn't really offer an opinion. I watched him play Machi Koro with his kids and he seemed to enjoy it a lot and made it seem like a lot of fun, so don't misinterpret his genial nature as rigorous critical evaluation.

I guess in this context Machi Koro is a bad game? I've never heard of it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I guess in this context Machi Koro is a bad game? I've never heard of it.

There was some discussion of it a few pages back, if you care. But yes.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

malkav11 posted:

There is no combo potential there. Curse and Bless don't stay in place, they just immediately add a curse or bless card to the appropriate modifier deck. Yes, there are tokens for them, but according to the official FAQ they're pointless.

And FWIW I took Silent Scream. It's 90% a straight upgrade for Parasitic Infestation. (I do occasionally miss the ability to force-move an enemy, but move-with-push is often better.)

He's explicitly said that if there is a curse on the deck they count as a negative condition - I will dig it up.

Edit: I am wrong

Anyway yeah I've benched parasitic infestation but maybe I take it just so I can rotate it in when the tinker doesn't show.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 2, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Countblanc posted:

The SeaFall thread here makes the game seem mediocre at best, and like most people are just playing it out of obligation after 2-3 games.

I am pretty lukewarm on it at game 5 and I am winning by a hefty margin in our campaign. The others in my group are more pleased, but not blown away either.

Edit: said Seafall owner has a new Gloomhaven calling to me from the gameshelf everytime :saddowns:

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 2, 2017

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

CaptainRightful posted:

Quick poll: having never played either before, I have the opportunity to play either Caylus or Inis this weekend. 3 players. I enjoy both worker placement and dudes on a map, so which should I choose?

Both are good, but I'd personally rather play Inis. Make sure the person teaching the game knows all the rules correctly though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

How in the actual hell are you meant to answer questions 3 and 4 in the second series of Case Five, Doctor Goldfire (Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective West End Cases #1)?

Unless I'm missing something, they're never mentioned by name in any lead at all, and the only reason you'd ever suspect her is because she's a jerk to you when you roll up and start asking her husband about a murder. Holmes' investigation doesn't touch on it at all.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CaptainRightful posted:

If nobody has played Inis, I wouldn't play it. It really benefits from an experienced teacher.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

(Gloomhaven) Question that came up for a Spellweaver: I have Crackling Air up (+1 damage for the next 4 attacks) and an Eagle Eye Goggles (Advantage on next attack action). I attack with Fire Orbs, targeting 3 dudes. How many times does Crackling Air tick down? And how many of those attacks have advantage?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Inis also kind of sucks if not everyone is into it. I played a boring 3-player game tonight where one guy clearly didn't want to play and pretty much ruined the game. Later in the night I played a tight 2-player game that was awesome. If the other people would rather play Caylus, don't try to force Inis.

I played two 2-player games of Food Chain Magnate tonight as well where I ended up conceding both games due to poorly executing the train --> guru strat. I decided to approach the game kind of like Starcraft, and just pick a build order I want to practice and get competent with before trying others. The core of trainer into Guru is basically to get the fastest possible Guru, which gets you the fastest possible radio. From there, you have to have sold some food so you can keep leveraging the advantage the Guru provides. If you get starved out, the entire build collapses and is total poo poo.

To execute it, you have a pretty set path to achieving that, but you get like ONE early hire slot in the build that you can do based on the board state and that isn't set in stone.

Turn 1: Trainer
Turn 2: Hire and train a Management VP
Turn 3: Hire Recruiting Girl so that your "production" isn't total loving garbage, train Management VP to Junior VP.

Your opponent(s) are likely doing recruiting girl openings, and on turn 3 they are grabbing a sizable chunk of milestones while you still only have one. You kind of have to ignore and not panic at the fact that they are going to sell food before you, but you do have to start watching very closely here at what they are hiring, how they are marketing, etc., because this build has a super critical turn coming up, and if you gently caress it up you are pretty much out of the game.

Turn 4: Use you train action making the Guru. You pretty much have to hire a Management Trainee here, otherwise you will only have three slots still after you make the Guru. It's simply not possible to compete even with a Guru with only 3 slots (I lost a game by trying). Here is where you get your ONE early flex slot. I think this is the key move you have to make in this opening. This flex slot should be getting you something crucial that can guarantee you will actually be able to sell some food on turn 6. If you gently caress this hire up, the entire build falls apart. The BGG thread recommends hiring a pricing manager for this slot to help guarantee you will be able to sell on turn 6, but depending on certain opponent actions and board states, this may not be the right call.

Turn 5: You have to secure the infrastructure needed to get money on turn 6. Using Guru to pop out a Brand Director (for radio) is recommended here. The radio will help you set demand for a thing that you are going to have next turn, and it will also clog up and gently caress with the other players' plans, often forcing them to waste certain hires just to deal with your radio putting two of whatever you pick onto each house each turn. In theory you could go for something else here, but your second hire slot + the "flex slot" you used last turn should be able to guarantee income on turn 6. Usually you will be taking whatever food/drink producer has not been done yet, and then train it up with your last training action (from the trainer.) Drop your radio where it can hit a bunch of poo poo and ideally you get what is probably the very last "first to market" milestone. You get the radio milestone too, so your radio really dominates the demand.

Turn 6: You open this turn with three salaried employees, and you look at the board to make sure you can 100% sell some food. If you cannot sell anything, it's pretty loving bad, but make 100% sure you do not play Guru if you cannot sell food. Leave him on the beach and hire another tier 1 employee, something that can help you sell SOMETHING next turn. Maybe even a waitress if the milestone somehow hasn't been taken--this can guarantee you $5 to use Guru again next turn at least. Sometimes your opponent will do something like drop an airplane that hits all the houses with something you can't provide, and it will have screwed you out of getting to cash in this turn. Ideally you can look at the board and the demand and production and know that you will sell at least something. If so, you can put your Guru to work this turn and pump out another high level employee (meaning you are paying $5 in salaries at the end of this turn,) only at this point has the Guru been worth it really, and your engine really starts to run now.

If you get starved out of income on Turn 5, you can delay one turn with that extra hire and try as hard as you loving can to make a sale of something Turn 7, which can put you back into the game. If you get starved out beyond there though, you're pretty much just totally boned. You invest so much early game actions into rushing Guru, but if he ends up just sitting on the beach because you can't afford to pay anyone he trains up, then it's a total waste of an opening and you'll be super super behind.

I'm very stubbornly going to try this opening until I can get it to work. I hosed up turn 5 and 6 in really braindead ways two games in a row, and that's how I know how crucial the pivot moment is for this opening :(

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 2, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

GrandpaPants posted:

(Gloomhaven) Question that came up for a Spellweaver: I have Crackling Air up (+1 damage for the next 4 attacks) and an Eagle Eye Goggles (Advantage on next attack action). I attack with Fire Orbs, targeting 3 dudes. How many times does Crackling Air tick down? And how many of those attacks have advantage?

I have yet to physically sit down and play so take this with a grain of salt but the book and the FAQ both mention that an "attack action" is comprised of one or more attacks, that is to say that if you use a power that targets 3 dudes that this is an Attack Action comprised of 3 attacks. So if Eagle Eye Goggles does say Attack Action specifically then it looks like you would get advantage on all three attacks and Crackling Air would consume three of its uses.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

angel opportunity posted:

Inis also kind of sucks if not everyone is into it. I played a boring 3-player game tonight where one guy clearly didn't want to play and pretty much ruined the game. Later in the night I played a tight 2-player game that was awesome. If the other people would rather play Caylus, don't try to force Inis.

I played two 2-player games of Food Chain Magnate tonight as well where I ended up conceding both games due to poorly executing the train --> guru strat. I decided to approach the game kind of like Starcraft, and just pick a build order I want to practice and get competent with before trying others. The core of trainer into Guru is basically to get the fastest possible Guru, which gets you the fastest possible radio. From there, you have to have sold some food so you can keep leveraging the advantage the Guru provides. If you get starved out, the entire build collapses and is total poo poo.

To execute it, you have a pretty set path to achieving that, but you get like ONE early hire slot in the build that you can do based on the board state and that isn't set in stone.

Turn 1: Trainer
Turn 2: Hire and train a Management VP
Turn 3: Hire Recruiting Girl so that your "production" isn't total loving garbage, train Management VP to Junior VP.

Your opponent(s) are likely doing recruiting girl openings, and on turn 3 they are grabbing a sizable chunk of milestones while you still only have one. You kind of have to ignore and not panic at the fact that they are going to sell food before you, but you do have to start watching very closely here at what they are hiring, how they are marketing, etc., because this build has a super critical turn coming up, and if you gently caress it up you are pretty much out of the game.

Turn 4: Use you train action making the Guru. You pretty much have to hire a Management Trainee here, otherwise you will only have three slots still after you make the Guru. It's simply not possible to compete even with a Guru with only 3 slots (I lost a game by trying). Here is where you get your ONE early flex slot. I think this is the key move you have to make in this opening. This flex slot should be getting you something crucial that can guarantee you will actually be able to sell some food on turn 6. If you gently caress this hire up, the entire build falls apart. The BGG thread recommends hiring a pricing manager for this slot to help guarantee you will be able to sell on turn 6, but depending on certain opponent actions and board states, this may not be the right call.

Turn 5: You have to secure the infrastructure needed to get money on turn 6. Using Guru to pop out a Brand Director (for radio) is recommended here. The radio will help you set demand for a thing that you are going to have next turn, and it will also clog up and gently caress with the other players' plans, often forcing them to waste certain hires just to deal with your radio putting two of whatever you pick onto each house each turn. In theory you could go for something else here, but your second hire slot + the "flex slot" you used last turn should be able to guarantee income on turn 6. Usually you will be taking whatever food/drink producer has not been done yet, and then train it up with your last training action (from the trainer.) Drop your radio where it can hit a bunch of poo poo and ideally you get what is probably the very last "first to market" milestone. You get the radio milestone too, so your radio really dominates the demand.

Turn 6: You open this turn with three salaried employees, and you look at the board to make sure you can 100% sell some food. If you cannot sell anything, it's pretty loving bad, but make 100% sure you do not play Guru if you cannot sell food. Leave him on the beach and hire another tier 1 employee, something that can help you sell SOMETHING next turn. Maybe even a waitress if the milestone somehow hasn't been taken--this can guarantee you $5 to use Guru again next turn at least. Sometimes your opponent will do something like drop an airplane that hits all the houses with something you can't provide, and it will have screwed you out of getting to cash in this turn. Ideally you can look at the board and the demand and production and know that you will sell at least something. If so, you can put your Guru to work this turn and pump out another high level employee (meaning you are paying $5 in salaries at the end of this turn,) only at this point has the Guru been worth it really, and your engine really starts to run now.

If you get starved out of income on Turn 5, you can delay one turn with that extra hire and try as hard as you loving can to make a sale of something Turn 7, which can put you back into the game. If you get starved out beyond there though, you're pretty much just totally boned. You invest so much early game actions into rushing Guru, but if he ends up just sitting on the beach because you can't afford to pay anyone he trains up, then it's a total waste of an opening and you'll be super super behind.

I'm very stubbornly going to try this opening until I can get it to work. I hosed up turn 5 and 6 in really braindead ways two games in a row, and that's how I know how crucial the pivot moment is for this opening :(

If you're going to focus on one opening isn't the best opening the recruiting girl-> recruiting girl plus something?

That opening is played more often and has a better win rate than trainer -> Guru

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

FCM is so map-dependant that I find that overall that trying to analyse openings in a vacuum is somewhat meaningless.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

It's kind of weird to me to see "why don't you just play D&D?" in the thread where most people are pretty familiar with the notion that game mechanics actually matter.

I'm sorry, thread! I did say it was a simplistic argument and expected it to be easily shot down. I was trying to get to what was the prime hook of the game, which in seeing the responses appears to be the mechanics of the combat. Its just not been shown off that well in any video. Plenty of rules explanations but it seems like a case of it not becoming clear until you have a copy in front of you, which seems unlikely for many in the near future. Given its about expending your available resources/cards wisely, would this have comparisons to Mage Knight in how it plays?

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

So the new Lookout Games magazine is coming out this weekend on a small convention according to their website and it should be available in Germany for sale shortly after that.

The magazine will feature a The Colonists solo scenario and I'm planning on getting it when it comes out.

If it will be anything like the last scenario (look for "Bündnis der sechs Städte" on BGG) it may be come as a centerfold with a printed on map.

I could try to get a high res scan if anyone is interested. Same with the existing scenario which I just got from ebay.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

food court bailiff posted:

How in the actual hell are you meant to answer questions 3 and 4 in the second series of Case Five, Doctor Goldfire (Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective West End Cases #1)?

Unless I'm missing something, they're never mentioned by name in any lead at all, and the only reason you'd ever suspect her is because she's a jerk to you when you roll up and start asking her husband about a murder. Holmes' investigation doesn't touch on it at all.

E: missed where you said series 2. Disregard! I'll take a look later though and see if I can remember. Second series stuff is often incidental, especially in the Goldfire case. In the original game there was a second explanation by Watson about the robbery, which they seem to have stupidly removed in the reprint. If you want I can find it and write up some of it later!

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 2, 2017

Zratha
Nov 28, 2004

It's nice to see you

food court bailiff posted:

I don't remember exactly which clues it was, maybe Porky Shinwell, but you learn that the victim had tried to get her husband to help him with the robbery, and that is what helps you figure out that they intercepted the job and stole the spoils from him. You deduce it is her because there is something in her description about her being huge and probably could knock someone out cold with a single hit, or something to that effect.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Selecta84 posted:

So the new Lookout Games magazine is coming out this weekend on a small convention according to their website and it should be available in Germany for sale shortly after that.

The magazine will feature a The Colonists solo scenario and I'm planning on getting it when it comes out.

If it will be anything like the last scenario (look for "Bündnis der sechs Städte" on BGG) it may be come as a centerfold with a printed on map.

I could try to get a high res scan if anyone is interested. Same with the existing scenario which I just got from ebay.

I'm interested! :hfive:

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Great. I will try to upload the scenario along with the rules this evening and the new solo one when it's out.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

angel opportunity posted:

This is saying to not play guru because you can't pay the new trained employee, right? Just making sure you know you pay the guru whether on the beach or not.

In a 3p game you also will need to watch for people stealing your Brand Director: the Trainer -> Brand Manager (airplane) -> Brand Director opening gets it on the same turn as you but has extra slots from First Airplane to go ahead of you. A pure Trainer -> Brand Director opening just beats you to it by a whole turn, so you need to be flexible and use the Guru to just put together a food supply instead then.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Twilight Struggle is the daily deal at miniature market. $30

E: actually it may already be out of stock lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Selecta84 posted:

Great. I will try to upload the scenario along with the rules this evening and the new solo one when it's out.

Definitely no rush, I'm still so new to the game I imagine I won't be trying any challenges/scenarios until I feel like I actually know what I'm doing, hah!

Like 4 years into Era II last night, until I got too antsy waiting for my Planos to arrive so I could organize it, so I called it. Didn't record much but I was kind of struggling a bit with having enough workers vs. building a few specialized buildings and actually nailing down a strategy. Now that I have the Planos it'll literally take(without my foamcore upgrade[that's tomorrow night]) about ten minutes to set up the game as opposed to... half an hour probably! So that's a big upgrade.

I had a question about a Market card in Era II(I believe that's the proper Era, don't think it was in Era I): one of the options on the card had a "Library +1" marking on it. I played that like I just drew a single Improvement card, is that correct?

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

I think the first scenario will do a good job at helping you to understand the game. You choose from 6 different goals so you know what you have to aim for during the scenario.

Yep, you used that market action correct.

And yeah, planos and stuff really shorten the setup time.

Selecta84 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 2, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
May I ask what planos you are using? My current setup is 20+ baggies which is a chore.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, my first Gloomhaven session looks like it's just going to be two of us, and the other player already picked the Tinker. So we'll have more people in the future, but in the meantime I need someone who can pair with that and not just get wiped out in the first room repeatedly. Would I be better off with someone beefy like the Brute, or more damage-focused like the Scoundrel?

Ended up going with the Cragheart, as advised, and holy gently caress this is a good goddamn game. We narrowly managed to clear Black Barrows after I wound up exhausted in the last room after eating a billion arrows (I had to rush in pretty haphazardly because I was reaching the end of my rope anyways). Did enough damage that the Tinker was able to take everyone else out, though, and we both met our battle objectives! :toot:

The whole Hand/Discard/Lost system is super interesting, I love the time pressure it creates where you know that you can't waste time, but you don't know *exactly* how long you've got.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Tekopo posted:

FCM is so map-dependant that I find that overall that trying to analyse openings in a vacuum is somewhat meaningless.

Also opponent dependent! I am playing a game right now where there was a mexican standoff of sorts; I went guru and was aiming to piggyback on other peoples' demand and price-cut them, opening other locations if needed to do so. I have a more or less central location but I'm not closest to any particular house at all.

Well I'm at the point where I have a guru ready to train up what I need to leap on peoples' hard work.... and there is no demand on the board. At all.

So I'm pivoting and nabbing an HR director with my guru instead, the $15 discount on salaries will only get me so far and it'll be a brick wall if I don't do something about it because there's nothing to sell.

I can outwait you fuckers t:hehe:t

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Papes posted:

May I ask what planos you are using? My current setup is 20+ baggies which is a chore.

I used 2 Plano 3600s for The Colonists. It fits everything except the cards, obviously. The only problem is remembering where everything is, since you can't really see what is where, and the storehouses are a tiny bit too tall, so I had to put them in the middle and they flex the lid just a smidge, but not so much it doesn't close easily. I really should make a Whitman's Sampler map for it.

Edit:
\/\/\/\/\/\/

With the Plano 3600s, I was able to fit all the hex tiles as well, sorted by era. The box closes fully with both Planos in there, maybe a millimeter raise due to the store house flexing I mentioned. I'd take a picture but my brother has it at the moment.

Kruller fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 2, 2017

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Selecta84 posted:

Yep, that is correct.

And yeah, planos and stuff really shorten the setup time.

Thanks for the clarification.

And yeah, once I finished organizing all the pieces into Plano boxes I literally took a step back and just marveled at it, lol.

When I play my first game I'm sure I'll optimize the storage just a bit more, like shuffling some buildings or pieces around. I'm honestly pretty proud of my setup, got all the pieces(even the Stewards and Ambassadors) in the Planos, the only pieces I have in bags are the hex Places, the Markets and the Improvements/Market cards.

FAKE EDIT: drat! I forgot about the Storehouses and Warehouse stuff. Think those'll get a place in the foam..

Friday night is foamcore night :neckbeard:

Selecta84 posted:

I think the first scenario will do a good job at helping you to understand the game. You choose from 6 different goals so you know what you have to aim for during the scenario.

Ooh that's cool! How many Eras is it?

Papes posted:

The Colonists worked perfectly for me minus the hex pieces and cards with four Plano 23500-00s. I honestly might buy another four-pack from Amazon, I'm sure they'd improve my A Feast for Odin play, as well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
8 Scenarios in and Gloomhaven is indeed loving great. We have a rotating crew of 6 folks (so all the original classes). I'm playing a Brute. Two of us are well on the way to retiring, and another player is halfway there (although halfway for him could be quite a while). We've actually yet to lose but it has come down to literally our last move 2 or 3 times.

Brute Level 3 talk in spoilers:

Thoughts on Hook and Chain? The range/pull ability is interesting but I'm starting to question how often I'll actually be able to use the bottom half of the card (which, if you move in a straight line, lets you attack for the amount of hexes you moved). I'm sure I can pull off some attack 2s with it -- which honestly an attack 2/move 2 on a bottom half isn't bad at all, but after admittedly only a scenario of using it -- a scenario that featured a lot of melee mobs, both halves are more situational than I hoped.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Johnny Truant posted:

Thanks for the clarification.

Ooh that's cool! How many Eras is it?

It's just the second era. But you get some buildings and some ressources.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Kruller posted:

I used 2 Plano 3600s for The Colonists. It fits everything except the cards, obviously. The only problem is remembering where everything is, since you can't really see what is where, and the storehouses are a tiny bit too tall, so I had to put them in the middle and they flex the lid just a smidge, but not so much it doesn't close easily. I really should make a Whitman's Sampler map for it.

Put all the limited buildings (i.e., the buildings that are capped for players) in the player bags. They won't ever need more than whatever the limit is, so no point clogging up a public supply.