Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Also Chase suggested the cover-up. So he's been playing this game the whole time.

Chase isn't some incredible chess player who's already planned all his moves out, he's just been hanging around Ollie and seeing what he does next, then planning accordingly.

I like to think the impeachment result is the one that finally broke his brain. Every time, Oliver keeps coming up with poo poo he doesn't expect him to do that ruins the plan, and it's slowly driving him mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also something that's bothering me: Does anyone in law enforcement or public know Dinah is a meta? Because that scream of hers is gonna make the mask pretty much pointless if that's the case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Chase isn't some incredible chess player who's already planned all his moves out, he's just been hanging around Ollie and seeing what he does next, then planning accordingly.

I like to think the impeachment result is the one that finally broke his brain. Every time, Oliver keeps coming up with poo poo he doesn't expect him to do that ruins the plan, and it's slowly driving him mad.

He set him up for the kill, then suggested he cover it up. It's a 2 part plan.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chokes McGee posted:

I think this is exactly wrong. He absolutely knew what Oliver would do. He knew that Oliver wouldn't throw him or Billy under the bus and that just letting himself be impeached was the greater evil to Oliver and it left him with one move to completely undo all of the goodwill that Oliver had built up as Green Arrow.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chase also appears to be bugfuck crazy in the trailer for next week's episode

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I mean, Prometheus never seemed sane, just very obsessed with Oliver and thus making it his life's work to plan everything around him. As for if it's a fanboy thing or a vengeance thing, that remains to be seen because his actions have been leaning both ways.

Now I'm just trying to figure out who Vigilante is, since he now seems to be a bigger threat to the city than Chase.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm sure chase is a schizo and he's both. That's why when vigilante is pushed off a building he just disappears.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm sure chase is a schizo and he's both. That's why when vigilante is pushed off a building he just disappears.

I think we have a winner here. It makes a ton of sense

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Wasn't Chase at the press conference with Ollie while the team was preventing Vigilante from assassinating him?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ApeHawk posted:

Wasn't Chase at the press conference with Ollie while the team was preventing Vigilante from assassinating him?

Yes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Boo, I forgot about that. I still think they should handwave a way for it to happen. Speedforce or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bull3964 posted:

Boo, I forgot about that. I still think they should handwave a way for it to happen. Speedforce or something.

This show is good right now, let's not infect it with Flash bullshit.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

bentacos posted:

So new DA guy is Prometheus, right?

Well poo poo. I guessed this when I didn't know that Adrian Chase was Vigilante in the comics.

So after looking at the wiki page for Vigilante I'm going to guess show Vigilante is Dorian Chase.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

You think Chase is Clayborne's son, or was all of that misdirection?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

oh jay posted:

You think Chase is Clayborne's son, or was all of that misdirection?

I kind of hope Clayborne's son is Vigilante now.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Tommy Merlyn is Vigilante

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

bbf2 posted:

Tommy Merlyn is Vigilante

I hope Susan Williams is

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm behind by an episode, but were we supposed to feel sorry for Reporter Lady being framed for stealing other peoples work to protect Oliver? The show presented her as if she was using their relationship to get conformation of him being the Green Arrow.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

X-O posted:

This show is good right now, let's not infect it with Flash bullshit.

I could see them revealing that Chase is a metahuman with vaguely the same 'power' as Rudy from Misfits. That might be kind of cool.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The vigellante is bill Malone

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

The vigellante is bill Malone

it was us all along, we're vigilante

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zebulon posted:

They'd been leaning towards him being Vigilante, if anything.
Calling it now, Vigilante and Prometheus are identical twins.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's complicated enough without all the evil twin bullshit having.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is the kind of poo poo that bugs me in adaptations. Like, why even use Vigilante/Chase if you're going to swerve like that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that bugs me in adaptations. Like, why even use Vigilante/Chase if you're going to swerve like that?

But that is why.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

That is the exact reason why.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's just a waste. The bulk of the audience watching has no idea who the character is so the twist is pointless. And now the Vigilante reveal is gonna be something stupid. Like when Lance thought he was blacking out and thought he might be Prometheus? It'll be some unconnected new character.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
"Our concussion protocol is even stricter than the NFL's" :laffo:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I really like the twist. Didn't see it coming and was pleasantly surprised that I could be surprised by this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean it would be a waste if it was like, a character that anyone cared about. A nobody like Vigilante that some comic nerds know and nobody else will ever give a poo poo about is the exact kind of character you should do it with.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is completely outside of the job of a coroner to decide who did a murder. That is totally inappropriate.

Also, if Felicity had said Chapo Trap House instead of Keeping it 1600, this would be my favorite show

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

V-Men posted:

I hope Susan Williams is

She was also at the press conference.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
drat it Chase is Prometheus what the hell? Oh well I guess it's at least interesting.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe Talia is Vigilante?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

Maybe Talia is Vigilante?

<sigh>

That does seem idiotically likely now doesn't it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Vigilante is clearly a man, though, right? There's no way Talia's got that build.

I'm honestly curious as to what Prometheus' game is at this point. I guess he may end up being the son of whatever Shkreli-style industrialist from a few episodes back? Otherwise I don't know why he's gunning so hard for the Arrow, to the point of infiltrating Oliver's cabinet and actually helping prop him up as the mayor.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I was really hoping that he would just tell everyone he's Green Arrow, I mean every villain already knows who he is and all his family and friends are already risking their lives as vigilantes except Susan I guess but he can protect her right?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It would be really cool if Chase was just trying to show Ollie that he can do much more as the mayor instead of the Arrow, which would explain why he helps him as the DA while at the same time trying to destroy the Arrow's reputation without killing him.

And Vigilante is obviously Red Hood Tommy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Vigilante is clearly a man, though, right? There's no way Talia's got that build.

I'm honestly curious as to what Prometheus' game is at this point. I guess he may end up being the son of whatever Shkreli-style industrialist from a few episodes back? Otherwise I don't know why he's gunning so hard for the Arrow, to the point of infiltrating Oliver's cabinet and actually helping prop him up as the mayor.

The stuntman playing Vigilante is male, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I was the idiot who didn't figure that Ducard was actually Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins and enjoyed that reveal.

• Locked thread