Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

Zark the Damned posted:

Looks good, just add your name and it'll be complete ;)

Dang, too big of a hurry. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I don't know what those funny squid ships are from but the paintjobs people are putting on them are awesome.

Oath Complete!

Well, I only oathed a pair of grots this month, so here they are...

Wait a minute! Those aren't just any grots. That looks like Grot Cassidy and the Badmoon Kid, two of the infamous Wild Boyz raiders. Why those boys raided space lanes for years before they finally got chased off. They say that they finally chased them down to some dusty rock and they finally went down shooting, but some say a couple of them got clean away and the bodies were never fit for identification. You never know...

I am claiming the Jurnal because I got a little carried away with my basing and ended up building these guys a last-stand hacienda where they could go down shooting, old west style.

And just in case everyone isn't the sucker for old westerns that I am, I'll point out that I styled this on the final shootout from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, as framed in the movie poster:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

:orks101: ``Next time me say we go Bolivia``

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

Great model, although the chest maw doesn't fit together very well. Nothing a bit of putty couldn't fix for the most part.
Although I could not figure out how that little round section under the tentacle was supposed to fit on. The instructions have it the other way around, but it doesn't fit like that at all. Still, it works well enough like this.

Arson Fire fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 1, 2017

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

What is this, a crossover episode?! No, it's just me doing the Challenge by giving this gnoll the fur and clothing colors of Mr. Peanutbutter, of Bojack Horseman fame. I even picked a torso with a V-neck (though you can't see it very well) and a head with tongue hanging out. :woof:

Not that happy with the picture, but I don't really have time to take a better one.

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

Oath Complete!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Claiming Journal for TV Character and Backstory.

Mars Attacks Gorilla Handler as Captain Kirk

Backstory: Mirror Universe Kirk`s duel with the Mirror Universe Gorn Captain lasted several years instead of hours. This allowed for Mirror Kirk to use his mining skills, his blacksmith and woodworking skills, and his considerable knowledge of 20th century Earth firearms to create a suitable weapon. With it he was easily able to defeat the Mirror Universe`s Gorn Captain, whose cries for mercy fell on deaf ears.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Oath complete

Claiming for the Oscars Challenge (I'm told these guys were in a movie)
Can I also go for Squad Goals and Apprentice? (3rd month completed ever!)

If it's only a one at a time thing, that's alright. Happy to actually finish minis!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath Complete!

Mammoth still needs basing, but the model itself is done. Haven't decided yet what configuration of magnets/rods I'm going to use to make it detachable.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:duckie: OATH COMPLETE :duckie:

Just in time!

Claiming the challenge for trying to make my eastern village buildings look like they have lamps lit inside... that are exploding into flames, Michael Bay style! Yes, that's exactly it

4 photos of my ruin because I'm quite proud of how it turned out!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Backstory
Sandeep sat in an old armchair by the fireplace, his eyes drifting across the dancing sparks and twisting smoke. In his lap, the Gada lay still, yet seemed to vibrate softly under his fingertips. Without looking at the weapon, Sandeep spoke.

"I have summoned and bound many spirits. I have used the strength of earth, the speed of wind, the frozen heart of ice to strike at those who would harm my work. But tonight I recall a different spirit. An early summon, that to the inexperience of youth seemed a tantalising target."

Sandeep paused. The Gada remained still.

"This spirit was not of earth, or flame, or thrice-forged metal; my target was nebulous, twisting and evasive, mocking and liquid. Yet somehow, with luck and courage, I summoned it."

The Gada was silent, yet the sense of roiling turmoil beneath its surface had paused, as if the mind inside the weapon was listening.

"The spirit appeared much like yourself, Banasuva, in all but the flames that dance from your fingertips. It was tall, heavily muscled, and blue. A red cloth bound it around the waist, and gold bands encircled the arms. But it did not keep this form. It moved, faster than a Gamin of the wind, changing size and shape in an instant. It spoke in a cacophony of voices and took the form of animals, birds, and people I once knew. I was terrified."

A log broke in the fireplace, sending a cloud of sparks billowing out towards the old armchair.

"I cancelled the summon as quickly as I could. In hindsight, I doubt I could have contained it for long. My ambition had reached too far, and I was chastised for my hubris. It was months before I dared attempt even the most basic summon."

The mage fell silent. Suddenly, the Gada seemed to twist in his grasp.

"Ah, did I not say? Very well. It was a rare spirit, very hard to find, and even harder to name, and I have never seen another. I shall never forget the laughter of the spirit of humour."

Theme: Aladdin

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just squeezed in before the cutoff there!

:siren: February is over :siren: - onwards to March

krushgroove posted:

March: Spring is springing! It’s all GREEEEENNNN!!!
technical challenge: spring is about new beginnings, so take those old bitz and parts and make a model to paint! Yes, this is all about scratchbuilding and converting!
theme challenge: paint or model something on your model that represents new growth - it doesn’t have to be green necessarily, just representative of the theme of springtime

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've been saving a couple big things for this month, hopefully I can get the conversion work done with enough time left to paint them, and also to use them in a tournament in April if I can get the Sunday off

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath complete

I crave your indulgence gentle goonfolk of the oath. I am undone by imgur uploading. It has returned but today at work I sat in a meeting and watched the deadline tick past...

I don't care about the points particularly in the spirit of declaring the done I just wanted to post then.

Coming to no cinema whatsoever this spring. ... In a universe gone mad, on a world torn apart by intragalactic conflict two men had a job to do.

Dave Bautista is Interrogator Cap Mazare.

Armed with the mighty hammer of Yaris, the reputed shield of the ancients and a bad attitude he has arrived to suplex evil in the balls.

Damian Lewis is his partner and sometime lover Lawmaster Corporal Zanahoria. He is here to properly enforce space police procedure all over evil... right in the balls.

So strap in, strap up and strap on for this thrilling rollercoaster of a derivative piece of nonsense "Return to Dome 43 - this time it's optional"

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

For the March theme challenge, does "model" extend to the base?

In any event, starting off with this: I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Carrion Effigy. This is a Resurrectionist faction model for Malifaux by Wyrd Games.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 5 Converted Scouts for March! Games Workshop, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the March theme challenge, does "model" extend to the base?

In any event, starting off with this: I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Carrion Effigy. This is a Resurrectionist faction model for Malifaux by Wyrd Games.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Converted Scouts for March! Games Workshop, 28mm

Approved! As to the base thing, I don't see what if you can put together a suitably fancy springtime base or whatnot.

JackMack posted:

Oath complete

I crave your indulgence gentle goonfolk of the oath. I am undone by imgur uploading. It has returned but today at work I sat in a meeting and watched the deadline tick past...

I don't care about the points particularly in the spirit of declaring the done I just wanted to post then.

Coming to no cinema whatsoever this spring. ... In a universe gone mad, on a world torn apart by intragalactic conflict two men had a job to do.

Dave Bautista is Interrogator Cap Mazare.

Armed with the mighty hammer of Yaris, the reputed shield of the ancients and a bad attitude he has arrived to suplex evil in the balls.

Damian Lewis is his partner and sometime lover Lawmaster Corporal Zanahoria. He is here to properly enforce space police procedure all over evil... right in the balls.

So strap in, strap up and strap on for this thrilling rollercoaster of a derivative piece of nonsense "Return to Dome 43 - this time it's optional"

I'm allowing this due to Imgur being lovely and you only just missing the deadline.

Overall a good month, only two fails out of 42 oaths! (unless I missed a post somewhere) - go check the spreadsheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=26

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath the following for March

5 dwarf ladies from Scibor, 28mm.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For March I oath 4 KTS and Mirage-5 (the lady and the dogman)
Corvus Belli

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, Do Oath for March

78 6mm Minotaurs, forming 6 bases total.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the six starter class minis for Gloomhaven. They are 32mm and by Cephalofair Games.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath that I will paint these Blood Bowl beastmen (28mm, GW) in the month of March!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, Oath to paint one Doomwheel, and 3 Stormfiends (28mm, GW) in March

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Spigot and Tapper in March. By Steamforged Games.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath 10 Farrow Brigands and their UA, the Farrow Brigand Warlord

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this scratch-build/heavily converted Ork Trukk for March
The components for this are from all over the place, it has some scraps from a 40k tank as well as a 1/35 scale half-track toy, plus a bunch of plasticard and scrap.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Gah why did I do the scratchbuild painting last month?

I, thespaceinvader, oath one TIE Defender by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale for the month of March

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, Oath For March- 4 Fleshmoulders and 2 Elementals from Fantasy Flight Games

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey, Hunter, hereby oath 1 Necromancer, 1 apprentice and 10 soldiers - all 28mm for Frostgrave by North Star miniatures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for March 2017:
6 Adventurers by Reaper Miniatures, 28mm
1 Warboss, 10 Flash Gitz and Kaptin Badrukk by GW, 28mm
1 Drop Pod by GW, 28mm - this will be my rescue model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath the following for March

5 dwarf ladies from Scibor, 28mm.

Red Shoe posted:

For March I oath 4 KTS and Mirage-5 (the lady and the dogman)
Corvus Belli

Signal posted:

I, Signal, Do Oath for March

78 6mm Minotaurs, forming 6 bases total.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the six starter class minis for Gloomhaven. They are 32mm and by Cephalofair Games.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath that I will paint these Blood Bowl beastmen (28mm, GW) in the month of March!

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, Oath to paint one Doomwheel, and 3 Stormfiends (28mm, GW) in March

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Spigot and Tapper in March. By Steamforged Games.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath 10 Farrow Brigands and their UA, the Farrow Brigand Warlord

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this scratch-build/heavily converted Ork Trukk for March
The components for this are from all over the place, it has some scraps from a 40k tank as well as a 1/35 scale half-track toy, plus a bunch of plasticard and scrap.

thespaceinvader posted:

Gah why did I do the scratchbuild painting last month?

I, thespaceinvader, oath one TIE Defender by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270 scale for the month of March

Poor forward planning? ;)

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, Oath For March- 4 Fleshmoulders and 2 Elementals from Fantasy Flight Games

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey, Hunter, hereby oath 1 Necromancer, 1 apprentice and 10 soldiers - all 28mm for Frostgrave by North Star miniatures.

Are the treasure markers part of the oath too?

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for March 2017:
6 Adventurers by Reaper Miniatures, 28mm
1 Warboss, 10 Flash Gitz and Kaptin Badrukk by GW, 28mm
1 Drop Pod by GW, 28mm - this will be my rescue model.

All Approved!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I, Galaspar, oath one Contemptor Dreadnought (GW, 28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for March the Tooth and the Thorn, from Malifaux by Wyrd (32mm)

As with my Winter oath, taking advantage of nominally-seasonal faeries...

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath one Privateer Press Khadoran Conquest/Victor

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Zark the Damned posted:

Just squeezed in before the cutoff there!

:siren: February is over :siren: - onwards to March

Yup, I failboated Feburary. Got the warjack all assembled and basecoated, but life's been keeping me busy so I haven't managed to finish the drat thing yet.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

I, head58, oath this Desert Hydra from Privateer Press for March

Sorry for the blurry timestamp

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE

All I've got for the theme is the helmets being a headswap; don't know if that's enough conversion to count for that.

More pictures in the painting thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&pagenumber=301#lastpost

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

head58 posted:

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

"I don't know if I'd listen to a guy who lost a finger" - Tony TenFingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: FEBRUARY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: SRM!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: GALASPAR!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: SRM!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

• Locked thread