Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Rebel Blob posted:

--Irish toon megapost--
Also wanted to add my favorite classic Thomas Nast Irish toon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeti?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I really like this Pence caricature.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Brand of cooler. Notable for being fairly outdoorsy but that's probably not related.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

D.N. Nation posted:

why
do
you
care
so
much
adam
adam

He keeps his comic getting confused for a Christian gay dating site and he can't deal with his feelings when he's reminded gay people exist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SomeMathGuy posted:

Brand of cooler. Notable for being fairly outdoorsy but that's probably not related.
Huh. It sure is front and center in the cartoon like it means something.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For some reason I love how this never returns to the original joke.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I mean if the bar is so low that "he didn't go off-script into a huge egotistical rant and cause another huge upset" is considered "presidential" and "hell must have frozen over!" then we're all in a lot of trouble.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

GoutPatrol posted:

People who say this didn't see the movie.

NBD, neither did anyone else.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Ramirez's first unambiguously pro-Trump cartoon?

Chip Bok posted:

Payback was hell at the Oscars. Variety pins the blame on a PricewaterhouseCoopers executive named Brian Cullinan. But I suspect Russian hackers.

Chip Bok posted:

Media relations with President Trump hit a new low when he dubbed the press the enemy of the American People. Last August The Atlantic compared Trump’s authoritarian tendencies to the rise of Mussolini. And two days after the election in November the New Republic claimed Trump was already acting like an authoritarian.
But National Review says he’s less authoritarian than Obama.

Vox says authoritarian states ain’t so bad.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The only reason Ramirez and his ilk don't like Trump is that he doesn't seem "presidential" to them; it makes sense that the first time he manages to stay on-script for an entire speech Ramirez is gonna fall immediately to his knees

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I know this was a couple o pages ago, but the idea of La La Land being anything more than a circlejerk for LA is baffling to me when we had a legitimate propaganda film released not long before the election. Granted, it was laughed off and received multiple razzies, but that article is just really grasping straws.

Also, gently caress off Ramirez.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did Chip Bok come out in favor of authoritarianism?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I just started a new job this week, but I'll quit in a heartbeat if something opens up in either of the two industries on the left.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

More Prisons, More Problems

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Just a sad reminder of stuff some voters legitimately don't give a poo poo about and will defend. :smith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Nah, he drew a cartoon of Trump as a beeeeeeaaaaautiful butterfly emerging from a cocoon labeled "Cabinet picks".

Then Drumps Cabinet picks ended up being a dumpster fire and he shut up about them for a while.

Oh, and Frumps "Homerun Speech" is already old news and currently being overshadowed by yet more scandals so except Ramirez to shut up about him yet again for a good long while.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Says a lot that even Ramirez can't make a flattering portrait of Trump. Or maybe I set the bar too high because of Garrison.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nah, he drew a cartoon of Trump as a beeeeeeaaaaautiful butterfly emerging from a cocoon labeled "Cabinet picks".

Then Drumps Cabinet picks ended up being a dumpster fire and he shut up about them for a while.

Oh, and Frumps "Homerun Speech" is already old news and currently being overshadowed by yet more scandals so except Ramirez to shut up about him yet again for a good long while.

Next cartoon is the sputtering car being beaten by an angry donkey wielding a bat labeled "Partisan attacks" while Uncle Sam looks on helplessly.

"Nothing personal, old man. Just politics." Sneers the donkey.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ularg posted:

Says a lot that even Ramirez can't make a flattering portrait of Trump. Or maybe I set the bar too high because of Garrison.

Ramirez doesn't draw anybody flatteringly. He spent 8 years blowing George W and his caricature was a monstrosity as bad as Wormbama

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

So you don't actually care about free speech, only when it involves speech you already agree with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

Ramirez doesn't draw

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

My Face When posted:

I know this was a couple o pages ago, but the idea of La La Land being anything more than a circlejerk for LA is baffling to me when we had a legitimate propaganda film released not long before the election. Granted, it was laughed off and received multiple razzies, but that article is just really grasping straws.

Also, gently caress off Ramirez.

La La Land is the plot of Xanadu, just without justifying its magical BS and a subplot of how hard it is to be a skinny pretty white girl in hollywood who eventually strikes it rich but is just so unhappy about it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

race has no biological meaning btw

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Scott Stantis is definitely a middle aged white guy, right?

Because it makes way too much sense that he'd pick a female hispanic child as his lovely-assed republican mouthpiece

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know this is ostensibly a joke but yeah, good one Tinsley.
"I'm the biggest advocate of Free Speech I know, I just think the government should be able to arrest people for saying something I don't like".

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Neodoomium posted:

Scott Stantis is definitely a middle aged white guy, right?

Because it makes way too much sense that he'd pick a female hispanic child as his lovely-assed republican mouthpiece

Before he took over this strip like 90% of his editorials were "If Global Warming Why Cold :smug:" so feel free to make a guess about his age

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Thought so.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"I was annoyed at lunch by the blather of someone who was conspicuously more successful than me." It's a subject worthy of Kelly.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Doc Hawkins posted:

"I was annoyed at lunch by the blather of someone who was conspicuously more successful than me." It's a subject worthy of Kelly.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

the thing I love* about the fixation on the existence of tumblr that people like Adam4d have is that teenagers have always been silly dipshits about finding a sense of personal identity, and For Some Reason it's only become a big problem for these people now that gender and sexuality are a more mainstream and visible part of that process, I wonder why???? It just doesn't make any sense!!!

*ok, not love, exactly, but that thing that's kind of similar where you hope someone falls face first into a cement mixer.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

At the heart of Adam Ford's smug "checkmate" garbage is the insecurity he has about being a complete loving rube

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

After The War posted:

I just started a new job this week, but I'll quit in a heartbeat if something opens up in either of the two industries on the left.

Talk to ISIS or the Taliban, I understand they always have vacancies for IUD makers.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jedit posted:

Talk to ISIS or the Taliban, I understand they always have vacancies for IUD makers.
I think you might mean IED. Those two things are not very similar.

Everett True is a hard guy to agree with because he'll beat the tar out of some guy for policing his manners but in the very next strip he'll beat the tar out of some guy for having improper manners.
Gosh it's almost like he's some kind of cartoon character renowned for his anger.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Vib Rib posted:

Everett True is a hard guy to agree with because he'll beat the tar out of some guy for policing his manners but in the very next strip he'll beat the tar out of some guy for having improper manners.
Gosh it's almost like he's some kind of cartoon character renowned for his anger.

thats why i like the ones with his wife in them because he can harumph all he wants But if True wants that poon hell keep his mouth shut.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bet Everett True punches nazis all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

now put a baseball three inches in front of trump's feet and have everyone else looking down in amazement that he managed to make contact with the ball at all rather than hitting himself and those around him repeatedly and you've got yourself an accurate cartoon

• Locked thread