Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Adolf Rundstetd Sessions.

The THIRD

2+ generations of Hitler Gorings saying "this is fine"

Bet he has a dipshit son who's IV huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shiksa posted:

so far it's mirroring flynn - breaking at night, panicked self-contradictory statements about it, obviously lying about russian contacts

flynn didn't step on trump's only positive media day since becoming president, and im sure he's not glad about that.

and yeah flynn totally ate poo poo last time this happened, this stuff actually matters a lot, much like everything

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

what i dont get is how did sessions manage to break his imperial conditioning? its sposed to be impossible

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
joementum is good and funny

literally everyone in this thread has been wrong a bajillion times but for some reason everyone sticks it to him and ran him out of the thread.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheStrangeLog/status/829382947451060224

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a real chump posted:

literally everyone in this thread has been wrong a bajillion times but for some reason everyone sticks it to him and ran him out of the thread.

Nobody ran him out he just stopped posting like months ago

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
From foxnews' website (I was curious on their take):

"The Justice Department said late Wednesday that one of the discussions between Sessions and Sergey Kislyak was an office visit that occurred in Sessions' capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The second conversation took place in a group setting with other ambassadors following a Heritage Foundation speech."

And from the WaPo piece:

"One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race."

So the second, big public meeting isn't really controversial - it's the private meeting that's a concern, correct?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

nobody ran him out of the thread, he just suddenly disappeared just before the inaguration

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
for example he would eb able to tell us how many times perjury has cost a cabinet member his job (my guess is in the 0-0 range)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

"The Justice Department said late Wednesday that one of the discussions between Sessions and Sergey Kislyak was an office visit that occurred in Sessions' capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The second conversation took place in a group setting with other ambassadors following a Heritage Foundation speech."

And from the WaPo piece:

"One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race."

So the second, big public meeting isn't really controversial - it's the private meeting that's a concern, correct?

It's his perjuring himself that is the concern

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

And from the WaPo piece:

the private meeting is the big one, but the others just add fuel to the fire considering he denied any russian contact under oath

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
joementum is bannon :2bong:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

for example he would eb able to tell us how many times perjury has cost a cabinet member his job (my guess is in the 0-0 range)

it cost a president his job, so

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
dutchess

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock posted:

nobody ran him out of the thread, he just suddenly disappeared just before the inaguration

he disappeared right as the flynn story dropped didn't he?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
didnt reagan literally say he thought he was telling the truth so that made it ok

then nothing happened to him

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a real chump posted:

didnt reagan literally say he thought he was telling the truth so that made it ok

Reagan had the plausible deniability of being senile

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
also isnt oliver north a right wing hero now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

a real chump posted:

also isnt oliver north a right wing hero now

he was in a call of duty game lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

i wasn't aware sessions was ronald reagan

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
also kissenger

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

he disappeared right as the flynn story dropped didn't he?

i think it was a bit before, but yeah he did conveniently vanish riiight as the russia thing started to gain serious traction

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
it would be really good if session lost his job and gained a really cushy consultancy to live out the rest of his 150 years or however long goblins live for

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

the private meeting is the big one, but the others just add fuel to the fire considering he denied any russian contact under oath
The confirmation committee must have known he had probably perjured himself at that point, right? It's such a strong statement about an election completely filled with accusations of Russian shenanigans of every kind.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

just popped a gnarly armpit zit. I was like, 4 feet away from my bathroom mirror and caked that sucka. (very refreshing)

thinking about naming my first born in tribute to this event, Whitehead Splatucas Poodle.

he/she would have a better name then sessions.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

it would be really good if session lost his job and gained a really cushy consultancy to live out the rest of his 150 years or however long goblins live for

*desperately crawling across the sand* no, no there has to be a purely cynical outlook here, things can't matter, they just can't

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Not a fan of Jeff Sessions but I am a huge fan of Jack Sessions

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Yinlock posted:

*desperately crawling across the sand* no, no there has to be a purely cynical outlook here, things can't matter, they just can't

President Donald John Trump

lmao

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

The confirmation committee must have known he had probably perjured himself at that point, right? It's such a strong statement about an election completely filled with accusations of Russian shenanigans of every kind.

lol if you think the Democrats actually do anything other than blindly benefit from Trump's incompetence

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

republicans don't give a poo poo about you being under oath, except sessions committed the gravest sin of all: getting caught

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

President Donald John Trump

lmao

that matters a whole loving lot, in case you didn't notice

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

republicans don't give a poo poo about you being under oath, except sessions committed the gravest sin of all: getting caught

JosefStalinator posted:

lol if you think the Democrats actually do anything other than blindly benefit from Trump's incompetence
I didn't say anything about doing anything or giving a poo poo, only knowing.

edit: wait if they knew and approved him anyway did they treason?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
what if instead of talking they communicated via telepathy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

what if instead of talking they communicated via telepathy

i don't think there's a rule for that

*shakes fist as i sink in quicksand* air buddddddddd

JosefStalinator