Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

She heard about his abs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"So tell us about Bob Sweetan."

"Oh what a miserable human being he was."

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
"They did the Dusty finish at the Oscars!"

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Lone Goat posted:

Hey I want to thank you for doing this every time, I really appreciate it.

No, thank you. It's easy to feel like your voice gets lost in the crowd sometimes, so I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Saying that, here's Elimination Chamber.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Because embedding tweets is really easy:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/836235588047101952

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/836460145492242432

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/836461346082467841

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dave didn't no-sell a Brian joke and play along :aaaaa:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Dave didn't no-sell a Brian joke and play along :aaaaa:

The two of them doing the sarcastic laugh simultaneously was adorable

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

OctoberCountry posted:

The two of them doing the sarcastic laugh simultaneously was adorable

Came here to post this, made me laugh my rear end off to hear them both bust up laughing at the same time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave telling Bryan to go through the brackets... Immediately cuts him off.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Would appreciate some feedback on this (both voting in the Twitter poll, which may not be embedding properly here, and replying here or on Twitter):

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/836650127666339843

Someone suggested it earlier, and I've thought about it before. The amount of extra work is relatively minimal, and the original feed would stay exactly the same. But I really want to know: If you listen, what would you prefer? If you DON'T listen, would a 2nd feed, either with one timestamped segment each day or released as a Monday/Wednesday/Friday split set of shows, make you more likely to listen/subscribe?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Unless you guys have an interesting guest, there's really not much that's going to get me to listen. I don't have time to listen to another podcast, whether that's in daily segments or not.

I haven't listened in awhile but my least favorite recurring segment is reading everything that was bought using the Amazon link. I do not need to spend 10 minutes listening to everything kris bought on amazon in the last week. If you cut that out, you would be saving some time.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

davidbix posted:

Would appreciate some feedback on this (both voting in the Twitter poll, which may not be embedding properly here, and replying here or on Twitter):

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/836650127666339843

Someone suggested it earlier, and I've thought about it before. The amount of extra work is relatively minimal, and the original feed would stay exactly the same. But I really want to know: If you listen, what would you prefer? If you DON'T listen, would a 2nd feed, either with one timestamped segment each day or released as a Monday/Wednesday/Friday split set of shows, make you more likely to listen/subscribe?

I think one long show is fine, especially since you do timestamps. I judge historical podcasts differently with regards to length since none of the material is time sensitive like a preview show, and you don't need to listen to the whole thing in one sitting to avoid spoilers.

My complaint about the length is actually the same complaint I have about the Voices of Wrestling Flagship show, which is that a 3 hour podcast can be tiring to listen to when one guy has good audio quality, and the other guy is on Skype sounding tinny and cutting out randomly. Recording separate audio and syncing it in Audacity isn't too difficult.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave is so excited about being able to watch the New Japan Cup live :allears:

Bryan seems less enthusiastic because I think he knows Dave will wanna do a show directly afterwards :)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Legends live forever? Aren't a lot of them dying lately?"

Ice cold Dave is the best Dave

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

mariooncrack posted:

I haven't listened in awhile but my least favorite recurring segment is reading everything that was bought using the Amazon link. I do not need to spend 10 minutes listening to everything kris bought on amazon in the last week. If you cut that out, you would be saving some time.
To be completely honest, here's the deal with that:

One week, last June, Kris asked me during the quickie Amazon plug what some people had bought. Use of the referral link skyrocketed, and kept going up as we did it a few weeks in a row. We made it its own segment so people could skip it easily if they wanted to. Obviously a split version would be minus the Amazon segment and would have a "Between The Sheets is a listener-supported podcast..." pre-roll and post-roll with Amazon & Patreon plugs instead. As for Kris's purchases making up so much of it, that comes down to 1. The BTS tracking ID is under my account, so I can't use the link. 2. That he buys so much music, which is fun to talk about.

Big Bidness posted:

My complaint about the length is actually the same complaint I have about the Voices of Wrestling Flagship show, which is that a 3 hour podcast can be tiring to listen to when one guy has good audio quality, and the other guy is on Skype sounding tinny and cutting out randomly. Recording separate audio and syncing it in Audacity isn't too difficult.
To be clear, is this a "Kris needs a better mic" complaint, or specifically just that you hate Skype (you're not the only one)? I've always been a little nervous about syncing the audio myself in audacity (worried I would offset it too much), but we COULD use Zencastr, which automates the local recording/syncing process. I haven't used it since it came out of beta, though, and it was NOT something I'd be confident in during the beta. If they've ironed out the kinks since then, I should probably do a free trial to see how it is now. Also, with Zencaster, we couldn't have phone guests when needed (which is rare, and not nearly as big an issue as it would be for Brian on 6:05, for example).

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I'm sure I don't have to say it, but the KO episode of the Stone Cold podcast is incredible, if only for the moment that they go into kayfabe to talk the Stone Cold Stunner, and there's a moment where Kevin points out seeing the Rock kick out of two in a match, and Austin gets completely defensive. The whole thing is great, but especially that bit about the stunner made me real happy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Old man Austin is still really entertaining, even with his beer belly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

whoops wrong thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hyped
https://twitter.com/PrichardShow/status/836569113258524672

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I'm sure I don't have to say it, but the KO episode of the Stone Cold podcast is incredible, if only for the moment that they go into kayfabe to talk the Stone Cold Stunner, and there's a moment where Kevin points out seeing the Rock kick out of two in a match, and Austin gets completely defensive. The whole thing is great, but especially that bit about the stunner made me real happy.

When Austin explains all the reasons that make sense for the Rock to have kicked out and then Owens goes,"You know all those reasons sound like they apply to Roman Reigns too..." :discourse:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/836984045724557312

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I can't listen now... Why did he get fired??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

This part was fantastic, but loved it throughout. KO's a good listen and Austin's gotten good at interviewing.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
It's March! You know what that means?!?!?!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeah RIP Pisscast

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I wish the Pisscast wasn't dead so we could celebrate 3/11 with a special episode.

Maybe Masterpiss Theater could come back too, while we're at it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So is there a minimum number of votes or something? I know a lot of people who voted for CWF Mid-Atlantic Worldwide for show of the year, but it isn't on the list, which only lists nine shows. I thought maybe since it says "Television" and it's on YouTube for free, but then Talking Smack is on the list.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Apparently you can win both Best Rookie and Most Improved in the same year.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am so mad Miz didn't get a third Most Improved so we could make Dave name the award for him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/themib/status/837228268675821568

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That has to be the worst produced WOR in years if not ever. More annoying than anything Striker's ever done.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Arbite posted:

That has to be the worst produced WOR in years if not ever. More annoying than anything Striker's ever done.

Dave finally finished the Awards issue beeping be damned.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Did he ever finish the Dusty bio?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Dave's surge protector

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Surge protector making noise + ISDN connection being wonky is a perfect storm of annoying.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CVagts posted:

Apparently you can win both Best Rookie and Most Improved in the same year.
And that a clip show can win best weekly TV show, while a universally acclaimed series is DQed for only having 11 episodes.

E: And :lol: Mauro winning best announcer

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 2, 2017

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Defiance Industries posted:

I wish the Pisscast wasn't dead so we could celebrate 3/11 with a special episode.

I'll see about busting the proper kneecaps.

quote:

Maybe Masterpiss Theater could come back too, while we're at it.

It could but it won't it was bad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also I want to know how the people voting for promotion of the year can justify putting ROH over Evolve.

And its kind of silly to have Cesaro as most underrated when he was TV plenty of times and given actual programs.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
No one actually watched Evolve besides like 40 people on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

And its kind of silly to have Cesaro as most underrated when he was TV plenty of times and given actual programs.

But he should be the undisputed champion of the WWE, not a midcarder losing all the time.

Like people say Jericho was underrated in WCW, even though he was regularly on TV. You can still be underrated if your push is way below what your skill/crowd reaction warrants.

• Locked thread