Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aurora posted:

It took a year off between part 6 and 7 but it's still longer running

Is it worth reading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

if you guys were dying and could learn the ending of any manga, what would it be. would it be one piece, or something else?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth reading?

jojo's bizarre adventure? yea

you could watch the anime instead for the first 4 seasons

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mabels big day posted:

if you guys were dying and could learn the ending of any manga, what would it be. would it be one piece, or something else?

It would be Getter Robo, considering how we never got that ending because the author died.

Hunter x Hunter would be a close second because I fear that the same can very easily happen to it.

One Piece is a distant third, because One Piece is about the journey, not the destination. And because I seriously hope Oda is immortal, like Araki.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth reading?

Only if you like good things.

And fabulous poses, which are admittedly a subset of good things.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone checked out Monster? A bit of a deviation from Shonen stuff, but truly a wonderfully written work of art

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

mabels big day posted:

Blaze Dragon posted:

It would be Getter Robo, considering how we never got that ending because the author died.

Hunter x Hunter would be a close second because I fear that the same can very easily happen to it.

One Piece is a distant third, because One Piece is about the journey, not the destination. And because I seriously hope Oda is immortal, like Araki.

Aside from romances, where I'm just wondering who hooks up with whom, Shokugeki no Soma would be the best series I read that I could get the final chapter tomorrow and figure out what happens from that. Something like One Piece, My Hero Academia, or Jojo have so much more going on that I'd need at least a bulleted list of everything.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
For anyone who's impatient, here are spoilers for Chapter 857.

Ch. 857 Rook
Chopper and the others call out to Luffy and Sanji from the mirror world. Sanji is surprised to hear their voice from a nearby dropped mirror. Luffy and Chopper confirm each other's situation. Luffy tells them that they're gonna crash the tea party and wedding ceremony.
Jinbei tells them that the ministers met so far are the tip of the iceberg of the Big Mom pirates and those veterans will be attending the tea party. And they will also have to take into account the lords of the underworld that were invited from many countries.
Jinbe then starts to talk about Bege's true colors. In the West Blue, there were 5 strong mafia that controlled the underworld society.
One of the bosses was Bege, and he was a cruel man who enjoyed cutting the heads off of animals and watching them squirm. Back in his gang days, he targeted the other bosses, but he was only interested in taking their heads, not showing any interest in area or territory.
He reveled in the bloody war for supremacy. On top of that, he killed his would be avengers from his iron castle and laughed at their regret. Still being chased in the seas by those seeking revenge, Bege found a good cover as a Yonko's subordinate.
After buying his honed cautiousness and defensive strength, he was made a fighter "Rook" rank, and was entrusted with full authority in defense. It appears that Bege is using is dull authority to take the head of Big Mom who is obsessed with killing the Vinsmoke and taking control of Germa.
Thinking that this is not the true to make them enemies as well, Jinbe proposes to Luffy and Sanji about making an alliance with Bege.
Luffy agrees with Jinbe's proposal. When Jinbe gets in contact with Bege again, it's decided that they're gonna go meet him right away.
Whole Cake Island Northwest Firetank Pirates Secret Base
Bege: "Jinbe isn't the type of man to joke around. It's a good argument to increase the number of people seeking to oppose Big Mom."
End

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth reading?

Heck yeah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tbp posted:

do....do you think oda revealed that Luffy dies as a result of his disease at the end...

luffy is going to get the disease roger had and the chopper will cure him so that chopper can accomplish his dream

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I want Chopper to fight Doc Q and have it set up as a duel between doctors, only for Chopper to hulk out and open-palm slap him over the horizon (then fix whatever dumb plague thing Doc Q has set as a trap).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
bege's backstory doesn't sound like it has anything to do with that scene we saw in the past of his ship being pulled through the air. that's really disappointing, maybe it doesn't relate to this arc

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bege sounds like he's not a very nice person.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
how bout you nerds actually use spoilers when discussing actual spoilers and not the latest chapter

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
it sounds a bit unbelievable, is that guy legit?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

how bout you nerds actually use spoilers when discussing actual spoilers and not the latest chapter
Yeah, why the hell would you think it's okay to post untagged spoilers about a chapter that isnt even out yet. Not loving cool - please stop it!!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Relin posted:

bege's backstory doesn't sound like it has anything to do with that scene we saw in the past of his ship being pulled through the air. that's really disappointing, maybe it doesn't relate to this arc

Wasn't that just an intro to the weirdness of the new world, or am I thinking of a different incident with Bege?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I for one, am shocked at the spoiler that a chiacgo gangster was a not nice guy.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I would ask to learn the outcome of Washizu mahjong in Akagi: The Genius Who Descended Into Darkness.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pewdiepie posted:

I would ask to learn the outcome of Washizu mahjong in Akagi: The Genius Who Descended Into Darkness.

didnt the author say he's doing one last run of akagi and then it's over

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

anime was right posted:

didnt the author say he's doing one last run of akagi and then it's over

Yea. But still...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Pewdiepie posted:

I can get behind this.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Pewdiepie posted:

Yea. But still...

yeah but never forget how good the Akagi theme is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJGKyiGPyQ

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter out

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
This sounds like an incredibly bad idea.

Let's do it.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Capone "Gang" Bege: Professional poo poo Stirrer

Luffy's going to make friends with a man who, unlike Law, is practically guaranteed to betray hm at the worst possible moment, isn't he?

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 2, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Getting involved with the untrustworthy Mafia don who kills pirate captains for little reason and is about to betray the person he's been working under for around 2 years sounds like a great plan!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
"It's gonna be me, Big Mom, and the head of Germa 66 right?"

"If Bege Cape can figure a way to have a weapon planted for me... then I'll kill em both"

"It's not personal Sanji, it's just business"

How does this arc keep getting better and better.

Usopp is Fredo

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Page 9, Jinbei holding Chopper up by the antler to talk to Luffy. :3:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Raposa posted:

Page 9, Jinbei holding Chopper up by the antler to talk to Luffy. :3:

I love Nami's speech bubble piercing Sanji's heart on that page too. I cannot wait for the wedding now, with Sanji lifting Pudding's veil and Bege/Sanji betraying Big Mom in the aftermath, before Bege betrays the Strawhats as they're still in the middle of fighting Big Mom. The whole thing will be one big chaotic fustercluck, and it'll be glorious. Also, with Sanji mentoring under a guy who was famous for leaving footprints in iron, and Bege being an "iron fortress" I suspect Bege will be Sanji's big fight for this arc, not his father or brothers. Probably when Bege tries to kill both Luffy and Big Mom at once, with Sanji stopping him while talking about his captain. That might even be his "Strawhat Pirates Crew" chapter, like Zoro got for "nothing happened".

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 2, 2017

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Getting involved with the untrustworthy Mafia don who kills pirate captains for little reason and is about to betray the person he's been working under for around 2 years sounds like a great plan!

uhhh after luffy and big mom have their fight bege is gonna come in to finish it and sanji will stop it a la thriller bark and leads into the REAL title card of the arc (and only a few people see it or something like that cause strawhats love to do insane poo poo and not tell the others unless its offscreen or something)

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
remember when doffy was screaming about the throne wars while getting thrown to jail? sick poo poo

im also betting fat bucks big mom is going laugh at both of them and tell bege she saw this coming a mile away and that hes retarded as gently caress for even trying it (unlucky for her is now luffy is in on it)

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 2, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know that Luffy is pretty drat audacious, but this is crazy

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Luffy probably gonna flip the gently caress out inside Bege over that whole Pekoms thing

Also, I'm the one shark that had a knife and fork in that panel

E: bege->vegetarian, thx phone

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Shugojin posted:

Luffy probably gonna flip the gently caress out inside Bege over that whole Pekoms thing

Also, I'm the one shark that had a knife and fork in that panel

E: bege->vegetarian, thx phone

Luffy or someone else going Arlong Park inside Bege, and kicking out all the furniture (and people) to destroy it and what it represents would be pretty fun.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I have a feeling Bege is gonna gently caress up and try and take out Luffy for offending him at the meeting. Then Luffy and Sanji wreck the Gang and the Strawhats have to go with plan B: Chaos Reigns.

Also love Brule and Diesel getting roped into the plan despite their protestations.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

uhhh after luffy and big mom have their fight bege is gonna come in to finish it and sanji will stop it a la thriller bark and leads into the REAL title card of the arc (and only a few people see it or something like that cause strawhats love to do insane poo poo and not tell the others unless its offscreen or something)

I can't imagine he'd get that chance, Bege is going to go all out and expect Luffy to come in only for Luffy to go, nope, I'm good for now, I'm just going to runaway and party with Sanji's family, leaving Bege to deal with the full wrath of Big Mom.

There's no way Bege's carefully constructed plan is going to survive contact with Luffy. He might even run off with the Fishman treasure.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna see ChopperHat Part Two: Bege Edition.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

He might even run off with the Fishman treasure.

Oh my god that is totally what's going to happen. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh my god that is totally what's going to happen. :psyduck:

Yea, that's a really good prediction given Jinbei talking about how he likes to just take riches and leave. I love the idea of him opening it inside himself and seeing how it effects his real body. I keep imagining a Looney Tune (or Luffy) style body expansion from the explosion, before he's left as just a smoking body on the ground a few panels later with the remains of an exploded cigar in his mouth.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 2, 2017