Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sabreseven posted:

"I ASKED YOU NOT TO BOTHER ME WHEN I'M USING THE VACUUM MOM!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9zWeFifcE&t=133s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/837055992395358208

Hey moma, any thoughts on this?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The artwork on that subreddit is wonderful.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Why did he not get a refund? All ships bought on the grey market?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sandweed posted:

Could be. I can't imagine he would have bought a lot of ships after June, but it's entirely possible.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

So close yet so far away. :laffo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

I love his reddit username.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

He doesn't have a social life and lives on cheap food, so that means his gaming dollars are four times more effective!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

this remains my favorite Star Shitizen TBH

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chin posted:

I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to laud CR and a handful of CIG employees for spending ten seconds signing a get well soon card for that guy with cancer. They've already conned the poor kid out of almost a thousand bucks. It was the least they could do.

If Bernie Madoff at the height of his scam had sent his condolences to one of his victims who'd taken sick I wouldn't say, "Good on you, Bernie!" Certainly it's better than them not responding at all, but they're still evil fucks. They absolutely saw it primarily as an opportunity for some positive PR. Chris is probably pissed Kotaku didn't write an article about his benevolence.

Agreed

Besides of which it's incredibly vain to send a kid with cancer a sales brochure with your signature on it , like you're a loving rock star (hint: Crobberts you're not)

Did they even gift him the ship that goes along with the brochure ? I didn't bother reading the whole thing

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I would like to thank the thread for recommending The Expanse. While not perfect (missing nipple jets), it's enjoyable and a fair take at sci-fi.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

Agreed

Besides of which it's incredibly vain to send a kid with cancer a sales brochure with your signature on it , like you're a loving rock star (hint: Crobberts you're not)

Did they even gift him the ship that goes along with the brochure ? I didn't bother reading the whole thing

Usually when you spend 1000 bucks on trivial things they come signed so he's really just getting what he should have gotten in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sappo569 posted:

Agreed

They did something nice and they didn't have to. There's plenty of reasons to give CIG poo poo, but this isn't one of them.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

In his defense, you don't have many needs (that your parents don't cover) when you sound 16 or so.

this is your brain... on doping

I make it a point that when I cheat at sports, I am doping. I don't want to go doping alone and I know everybody will bend to peer pressure and we will all get dopinged together and win at sports.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think as fans we are owed the best athletes science can create.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They did something nice and they didn't have to. There's plenty of reasons to give CIG poo poo, but this isn't one of them.

I disagree. They deserve all the poo poo they get and then some

Just because someone makes a kind gesture they don't suddenly become forgiven of all their previous lovely behaviour

Most of us are probably jaded enough now that CIG could build a new hospital for kids and we would still call them assholes , but we'll they only have themselves to blame for their past behaviour

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Gonna Derek ^this this.

I know everybody wants cig to be the worst at everything, but just like it's ok to call them out on their stupidity, it's also ok to call them out for doing good things as well. What they did was good and nice and it probably made both of those guys days and made life a little happier for a while.

I'm good with that and kudos to cig for doing it. They didn't have to. They chose to.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mangoose posted:

"Hey man, it's all about setting up the life you wanna live. Cut down on costs and get loads of money to spend on stupid poo poo :smug: furthermore... MOM! I told you to KNOCK!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlXxBq3FgrY

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

I disagree. They deserve all the poo poo they get and then some

Just because someone makes a kind gesture they don't suddenly become forgiven of all their previous lovely behaviour

Most of us are probably jaded enough now that CIG could build a new hospital for kids and we would still call them assholes , but we'll they only have themselves to blame for their past behaviour

There's a difference between saying "this is a good thing you did" and absolving them of being otherwise horrible at their jobs and possibly employees. I'm not forgiving them for being terrible at making a video game. I'm just acknowledging they did something good and recognizing that fact as well. :)

I'm sorry you don't see it that way, and it's ok. Just try to not let blind disgust for something prevent you from seeing the flowers along the path, if possible. :)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

There's a difference between saying "this is a good thing you did" and absolving them of being otherwise horrible at their jobs and possibly employees. I'm not forgiving them for being terrible at making a video game. I'm just acknowledging they did something good and recognizing that fact as well. :)

I'm sorry you don't see it that way, and it's ok. Just try to not let blind disgust for something prevent you from seeing the flowers along the path, if possible. :)

But blind disgust is all I have left in life !

Ok fine they did something nice , I give it 24 hours until they make up for that in spades

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

Yeah. Also, he probably needed to get out urgently because he could very well have sold the other $2K in ships on the Black market. Unless of course they were worthless; seeing as the Black market has pretty much collapsed now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Headbob 2.0 is in

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Chin posted:

I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to laud CR and a handful of CIG employees for spending ten seconds signing a get well soon card for that guy with cancer. They've already conned the poor kid out of almost a thousand bucks. It was the least they could do.

If Bernie Madoff at the height of his scam had sent his condolences to one of his victims who'd taken sick I wouldn't say, "Good on you, Bernie!" Certainly it's better than them not responding at all, but they're still evil fucks. They absolutely saw it primarily as an opportunity for some positive PR. Chris is probably pissed Kotaku didn't write an article about his benevolence.

Here's a brochure, consider putting us in your will

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. Also, he probably needed to get out urgently because he could very well have sold the other $2K in ships on the Black market. Unless of course they were worthless; seeing as the Black market has pretty much collapsed now.

Could be that his entire list of ships were all account bound after being traded, so the whole account was all or nothing.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

D_Smart posted:

I would LOL so hard if CIG found out what account it was and banned it for account sharing or something. I bet there is an ironclad TOS that prohibits this kind of transactions.

EDIT: What is the difference between the grey and black market?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sandweed posted:

I would LOL so hard if CIG found out what account it was and banned it for account sharing or something. I bet there is an ironclad TOS that prohibits this kind of transactions.

Someone more knowledgeable can chime in , but I think the black market is for legit ship transactions (which were publicly sanctioned by CIG for the longest time)

The grey market is for selling of entire accounts (which CIG has washed their hands of but still allow to happen)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sandweed posted:

50 Shades.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

The Titanic posted:

I make it a point that when I cheat at sports, I am doping. I don't want to go doping alone and I know everybody will bend to peer pressure and we will all get dopinged together and win at sports.

Well that excuse worked for Lance Armstrong.

Oh wait.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In opposite land Oculus just gave me £50 store credit and a game called Robo Recall for free because they dropped the price of the touch controllers

Corporations :argh:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pastpresentfuture/reviews/

"This is my review for this game. Don't buy it, buy Star Citizen instead!"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Someone more knowledgeable can chime in , but I think the black market is for legit ship transactions (which were publicly sanctioned by CIG for the longest time)

The grey market is for selling of entire accounts (which CIG has washed their hands of but still allow to happen)

Other way around.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pastpresentfuture/reviews/

"This is my review for this game. Don't buy it, buy Star Citizen instead!"

LOL so transparent

Ben's steam account spotted

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Variable 5 posted:

Other way around.

Ah cool

Makes sense

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wanna see Ben review Freespace 2

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
Is it out yet. I got a refund almost 3 years ago.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Eastdrom posted:

Filthy leaver :colbert:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Eastdrom posted:

It would be released already if you had not got a refund.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Eastdrom posted:

What made you refund so long ago

That was the hay day of their bullshit and it almost sounded plausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

LOL so transparent

Ben's steam account spotted

Love the thousand hours in elite while saying its a bad game. FFS i dont even have that many free hours to play in a year. Paid shill detected.