Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Viva Miriya posted:

im not leaving and i doubt anyone else is hth

It does say a lot that you avoid the chill thread like it was diseased. And when you do go there you're as awkward as if you had accidentally walked into the womens locker room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

im not leaving and i doubt anyone else is hth

I'm not saying you had to, though I see why my post might have given that vibe. You know I've got nothing against you dozer.

No I just meant that Kugu tended to be a good sacrificial anode.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

It does say a lot that you avoid the chill thread like it was diseased. And when you do go there you're as awkward as if you had accidentally walked into the womens locker room.

this post, from you of all awful loving people, is so rich in irony that if you stroke it with a magnet your screen will point north

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endie posted:

this post, from you of all awful loving people, is so rich in irony that if you stroke it with a magnet your screen will point north

I really hope that's an Endie original because :drat:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Carth Dookie posted:

I really hope that's an Endie original because :drat:

I'm certain that there are no truly new burns but I believe I made it up.

Edit:

You say: "ere long done do does did"
words which could only be your own
and then produce the text
from whence was ripped
(some dizzy whore, 1804)

Endie fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 2, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Endie posted:

I'm gonna go back to treating you the way you deserve to be treated.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

For starters please refrain from trying to make sense of any form of social interaction I am or am not involved in. Thinking isn't your strong suit and speaking just reinforces the audiences knowledge that you are a foolish, worthless person.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 2, 2017

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm gonna go back to treating you the way you deserve to be treated.

I deserve to be treated like a right proper lady.

Also this is a good article: http://kotaku.com/eve-online-players-destroy-13-000-worth-of-ships-in-a-1792789274

Boney, thanks for the mention of bat.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

Also this is a good article: http://kotaku.com/eve-online-players-destroy-13-000-worth-of-ships-in-a-1792789274

Boney, thanks for the mention.

I was quoting you but I meant to direct my statement towards her. I hope my follow up made this clear. While I have you let me ask you this: what hails from Sweden, walks on two legs, can use computer technology efficiently yet lacks the cognitive function to use centuries old cookware technology to cook an edible piece of meat?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Viva Miriya posted:

I was quoting you but I meant to direct my statement towards her. I hope my follow up made this clear. While I have you let me ask you this: what hails from Sweden, walks on two legs, can use computer technology efficiently yet lacks the cognitive function to use centuries old cookware technology to cook an edible piece of meat?

I dunno: is this thing in goonswarm federation?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

I dunno: is this thing in goonswarm federation?

yeah

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also chill thread is apparently ullerm's retard preserve which I've been content to leave alone up until now.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

No it's not you dumbo that was the joke.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

No it's not you dumbo that was the joke.

I thought this creature got into SUNDERING after posting a heartfelt apology and worked with one Scooter McCabe to redeem its name? No? Must have been even dumber than I thought.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm not saying you had to, though I see why my post might have given that vibe. You know I've got nothing against you dozer.

No I just meant that Kugu tended to be a good sacrificial anode.

Oh cool. Kugu was great cause pubbies said some hilarious poo poo there or even did some dumb things to try to be cool. I'll never forget the saga of T'Renn: the best ISRAD app ever. This was a dude who wanted to be with us so bad that when Grogoth Drem told him to write ISRAD on his wife's rear end and to jo to completion on said rear end, stimulated only by a picture of his forum avatar (an aboriginal male), he happily executed this task. He was accepted and proceeded to do gently caress all and get roasted by his betters. I'm so happy for the return of kugu precisely because of magical moments like this.

Come to think of it there is one other person I know in this very thread that is desperate and pathetic enough to subject themselves to an indignity similar to this to be with who they perceive the cool kids to be.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Viva Miriya posted:

Oh cool. Kugu was great cause pubbies said some hilarious poo poo there or even did some dumb things to try to be cool. I'll never forget the saga of T'Renn: the best ISRAD app ever. This was a dude who wanted to be with us so bad that when Grogoth Drem told him to write ISRAD on his wife's rear end and to jo to completion on said rear end, stimulated only by a picture of his forum avatar (an aboriginal male), he happily executed this task. He was accepted and proceeded to do gently caress all and get roasted by his betters. I'm so happy for the return of kugu precisely because of magical moments like this.

Come to think of it there is one other person I know in this very thread that is desperate and pathetic enough to subject themselves to an indignity similar to this to be with who they perceive the cool kids to be.

:yikes:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i love you, somethingawful.com/r/eve

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

Man that dude is broken as gently caress.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm not worried about the dude I'm wondering why his wife is with him lol

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm not worried about the dude I'm wondering why his wife is with him lol

Usually it's because they're quite similar is mental state. She's most likely broken as well

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

I don't usually serious respond to a garr_khan post, but this is really not a correct description of the goonfleetwaffeswarmCO vs PL happening. There's a loving lot more to it than that.

Far be it from me to issue this directive, but loving post better, garr_khan.

hi im ordo garr, not that other guy

Viva Miriya posted:

there are numerous iterations of people willing to write something dumb on their bodies in order to join a spaceguild, the same thing happened a few times for BL

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Usually it's because they're quite similar is mental state. She's most likely broken as well

eve is the kind of thing which people see as "very important," although it is probably in the "not important" category

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

there are numerous iterations of people willing to write something dumb on their bodies

some of them are even itt

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

orange juche posted:

This thread is really a form of performance art, wherein PL posters and GSF posters do a sideways crab dance around each other while yelling and loudly denying that they desperately want to gently caress.

I have a dream. A dream in which B-R2 happens when PL+GSF backstab the NCdotte super fleet and go on to be best bros for years.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

Also chill thread is apparently ullerm's retard preserve which I've been content to leave alone up until now.

its actually VGs friendly zone and if you poo poo it up you get slapped so dont

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

I have a dream. A dream in which B-R2 happens when PL+GSF backstab the NCdotte super fleet and go on to be best bros for years.

And live in a giant blue ball happily ever after

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MorsAnima posted:

lol

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Stupid noob question.

So I started a new account, did the intro missions upto where I died and rezzed.
Now I have a ship with no loving weapons at all, but I bought a few and it turns out they need ammo or I can't use them yet.

So what weapons was I using in the intro weapons, or what would you recommend for the starting military missions?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Stupid noob question.

So I started a new account, did the intro missions upto where I died and rezzed.
Now I have a ship with no loving weapons at all, but I bought a few and it turns out they need ammo or I can't use them yet.

So what weapons was I using in the intro weapons, or what would you recommend for the starting military missions?

The "Civilian" weapons you used in the introduction don't use ammunition, which, actually, might not be an ideal experience thinking about it. :v:

Depending on your faction (or rather, the faction of the ship you are flying), you will either want to use Missiles/Hybrid Weapons (Caldari), Projectile Weapons (Minmatar), Hybrid Weapons/Drones (Gallente) or Lasers/Drones (Amarr). Frigate/Destroyer-sized weapons take "S" (small) ammunition; cruiser-sized weapons take "M" ammunition, battleship-sized weapons "L" and anything bigger takes "XL". Light Missiles are likely what you want if you do use missiles.

Edit: Also, consider using the other thread that might be less...inflammatory: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761524

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 2, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Thanks, so there are no infinite shooting weapons then. Got it.
Why didn't it say that ffs lol.

Started Gallente, already into mining drones, will look into weapon ones.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Thanks, so there are no infinite shooting weapons then. Got it.
Why didn't it say that ffs lol.

Started Gallente, already into mining drones, will look into weapon ones.

Yeah, it might have been a case of "that way new players don't have to worry about ammunition" for all of 5 minutes. Also, think about joining a player corporation (Goonswarm Federation or otherwise) that has a newbie section that can get you started with a bunch of things.

Otherwise, Hybrid Weapons (blasters are short-range, railguns are long-range) + Light Combat Drones will probably be your starting point.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Endie posted:

Boney, thanks for the mention of bat.

Wasn't it oxygen isonopes?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its actually VGs friendly zone and if you poo poo it up you get slapped so dont

This is very true.
Please do not bring unchillness into the chill thread.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I don't even know which one is the chill thread at this point, but I'm guessing it's not this one

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't even know which one is the chill thread at this point, but I'm guessing it's not this one

This thread doesn't even serve a purpose atm.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I thought the purpose was to talk poo poo about anyone not blue.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
ya gsf is a poop alliance

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

ya gsf is a poop alliance

mlyp

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

did u know baby elephants eat their mother's poop to get nutrients

hopefully all the other jr posters like yourself do the same and read+learn from my great posts

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wow you want them all to die of malnourishment, hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wow you want them all to die of malnourishment, hosed up

he's like the diet pill of posting, of no use to a starving soul.

• Locked thread