Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NotWearingPants posted:

If it was only one receiver, or just several receivers, it would be one thing. But when it's every WR, TE, and RB one has to wonder why Wentz throws such a difficult-to-catch ball.

They weren't difficult to catch though...they were pretty routine between the number catches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

NotWearingPants posted:

If it was only one receiver, or just several receivers, it would be one thing. But when it's every WR, TE, and RB one has to wonder why Wentz throws such a difficult-to-catch ball.

I asked myself this with Sam Bradford. Then....none of them could catch with Wentz either.

They just can't catch.

Here's the Sam Bradford edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvnvyIdos4w

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Kurt Cousin gets the franchise tag.

https://t.co/ioFlpfO4xM

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
On one hand, Cousins is 4-1 against the Eagles so I shouldn't be happy they are keeping him.

But on the other hand his record against teams with winning records is horrible so if you lose to him it's really your own fault.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

I asked myself this with Sam Bradford. Then....none of them could catch with Wentz either.

They just can't catch.

Here's the Sam Bradford edition:

Maybe it's the equipment manager. The Eagles should bring in Tom Brady's guy.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

On one hand, Cousins is 4-1 against the Eagles so I shouldn't be happy they are keeping him.

But on the other hand his record against teams with winning records is horrible so if you lose to him it's really your own fault.

I would happily take 1 more season of Cousins at the Skins tbh. It makes them a 9-7 team which puts them outside drafting a QB in the first round realistically. And Cousins wont be at the Skins next season.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/adamrank/status/836653100538576897

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Romo would have been cheaper :D not like Cousins is going to be there for the longhaul anyway

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NotWearingPants posted:

Kirk Cousins is the Aaron Rodgers of the NFC East.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Career wins against teams that finished with 9+ wins:

Kirk Cousins: 2
Carson Wentz: 4

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

Career wins against teams that finished with 9+ wins:

Kirk Cousins: 2
Carson Wentz: 4

Gonna go ahead and include that week 17 win over Sanchez huh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

A win is a win...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

You play who is in front of you

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

A win is a win...

I feel like that's dishonest when we're talking about trash-talk comparisons of two QBs that have yet to lead their team to a division win

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jalen Mills just posted an...interesting tweet.

I still can't get the twitter BBcode thing to work

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

"mills island" :pram:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I feel like that's dishonest when we're talking about trash-talk comparisons of two QBs that have yet to lead their team to a division win

Redskins won the division two years ago with Kirk.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MrLogan posted:

ha, I totally forgot about that. Well, in that case, I'd point out that Kirk is the only QB out of the two that's actually been on a 9-win team

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MrLogan posted:

I feel like winning the NFCE in 2015 shouldn't count for anything

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Febreeze posted:

I feel like winning the NFCE in 2015 shouldn't count for anything

Redskins were the only team with a winning record in the NFC East that year. He is the only QB to have started in back to back winning seasons in the Snyder era. The only other QB to have started two consecutive seasons in the Snyder era was Jason Campbell.

He's not an amazing QB, but he's definitely a starter and watching the Redskins gently caress up keeping him drives me nuts.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I hope Dallas' OLine get the plague

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I forgot to do my annual post this year so I guess I'll do it now.

In the 2016 season, by the grace of god, the Philadelphia eagles have once again failed to win the superbowl. There's so much strife and hatred in the world these days, so it's good to know that some small force of good still exists that continues to keep the eagles ringless. May the best efforts of the eagles always remain futile. Amen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Redskins were the only team with a winning record in the NFC East that year. He is the only QB to have started in back to back winning seasons in the Snyder era. The only other QB to have started two consecutive seasons in the Snyder era was Jason Campbell.

He's not an amazing QB, but he's definitely a starter and watching the Redskins gently caress up keeping him drives me nuts.

I was gonna say, he hasn't been the starter that long and the NFCE has been absolute trash in that time-span. Not his fault he's beating up on a crap division.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Wentz is the promised one, he will lead the Eagles to a championship or two. So, enjoy the schadenfreude while you can.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

eagles fans a few years ago posted:

Foles is the promised one, he will lead the Eagles to a championship or two. So, enjoy the schadenfreude while you can.

:v:

The Giants are right on the edge of going into an after-Eli rebuild so I'm pretty sure there will be enough schadenfreude to go around for a while.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I was definitely a Foles fan but I never said something like that about him, or McNabb even.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Washington botching the Cousins situation is so bizarre. Any halfway competent organization would have just signed him to a long term deal already. He's had 2 actually good seasons in a row, is under 30 and has been durable. You aren't going to get closer to a sure thing than that barring some kind of miracle.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I was definitely a Foles fan but I never said something like that about him, or McNabb even.

I definitely said it about McNabb. I was 14 when he got drafted and fell in love.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

I was gonna say, he hasn't been the starter that long and the NFCE has been absolute trash in that time-span. Not his fault he's beating up on a crap division.

Check the thread title, friend

sean10mm posted:

Washington botching the Cousins situation is so bizarre. Any halfway competent organization would have just signed him to a long term deal already. He's had 2 actually good seasons in a row, is under 30 and has been durable. You aren't going to get closer to a sure thing than that barring some kind of miracle.

Can we just marvel at Washington drafting two good quarterbacks in 2012 and ruining things with both of them

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Check the thread title, friend

It wasn't in 2015, my dude.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

eh, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford and Andy Dalton are the "definitely starter" tier. Cousins is better than that, he is a top-10 QB right now. The most interesting aspect to him is how huge his improvements have been year over year, and how he already possesses the most unteachable and important trait..............pocket presence and the ability to read the whole field.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Cousins is a weird player, because (at least to me) he really seems to have improved even though he was never a very good candidate for improvement. 2 years ago when he had his "breakout", he had great stats but terrible tape, which lead to a lot of people (including me) saying he was going to come back to earth and have a horrible year. Instead, he actually had some pretty good tape even though his stats were down, but a lot of people still refuse to believe he's improved because he used to be so poo poo. The current gripe about him is that his tape last year was worse than it looks because he frequently went to the "wrong" receiver even if he completed it. I really don't know what I think about him in a vacuum, but I think as long as Washington's offense stays relatively the same he should be fine or better.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Yeah two years ago it looked like his breakout happened to come against an incredibly sad slate of defenses, including a huge game against an HISTORICALLY bad Saints defense, but then last year he had a much more solid season playing against tougher defenses. I'm still not sold on Cousins as one of the league's best, but he's stopped throwing 2 INTs per game and made it clear he's a good QB.

Related note: I think Jamison Crowder was underrated this season and is going to EXPLODE next year

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Kirk is also a total goober

https://twitter.com/KirkCousins8/status/836643856951148544

Goobers tend to fare well in this league

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thursday morning wrap up:

- Brandon Cooks is confirmed being talked about being traded to either the Eagles or Titans. More likely to Titans
- Eagles, Titans, Bears still the top 3 spots Alshon can end up with. Also, 49ers.
- Chase Daniels receiving interest in the trade market

89 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 2, 2017

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

89 posted:

Thursday morning wrap up:

- Brandon Cooks is confirmed being talked about being traded to either the Eagles or Titans
- Eagles, Titans, Bears still the top 3 spots Alshon can end up with
- Chase Daniels receiving interest in the trade market

The Eagles don't even get any cap relief by trading Chase, do they?

I'm not that high on Alshon, but him + Cooks + Matthews would be a nice cohort for Wentz

e: \/ ok that makes sense - I always get confused as to how the cap works with regards to cuts vs trades.

It's a no brainer then

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 2, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

aBagorn posted:

The Eagles don't even get any cap relief by trading Chase, do they?

I'm not that high on Alshon, but him + Cooks + Matthews would be a nice cohort for Wentz

Off the top of my head, they'd clear around $7-8 million trading Daniels

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

It's a no brainer then

It would be a no brainer for the Eagles, but who would want him? Is there a team out there that wants to start Chase Daniel? I wouldn't think so... If not, then they would be paying entirely too much for a backup QB which is exactly why the Eagles would want to get rid of him in the first place.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think you're looking into it a little too deeply. Comparing Cousins' win total against good teams to a rookie QB was the trash talk.

It would never occur to me to actually compare Wentz and Cousins. One was a 2nd pick in the draft who is already in place as a franchise QB and his team's future. The other was a mid-round pick who has outplayed his draft position, but hasn't played well enough for his team to offer him a long term deal and will probably be playing for someone else after this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

Chris Mortensen and others reporting trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Teams involved: eagles, titans

REPORT: New Orleans Saints in Trade Talks Involving WR Brandin Cooks http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ennessee-titans

Cross posting from the NFC:S thread.

• Locked thread