Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea, but also games workshop discontinued the bretonnians

wtf that's gay as hell

Third World Reggin posted:

they rebooted all of warhammer fantasy and did this

The one on the right is a sigmarine, a sigmar soldier who just looks like he is in 40K.

the only new fantasy stuff coming out is now in total war warhammer

so is this, what the hell dude looks like he's in power armour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

read through this while making GBS threads and laugh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jesus Christ Horizon Zero Dawn is a gorgeous video game.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Humble Bundle has a deal on Arma games.

The top tier, $15, will get you almost everything - all the games (including the OG Operation Flashpoint, which has been renamed Arma: Cold War Assault) and all the major DLC, except the most recent DLC for Arma 3.

I already paid full price for everything listed, when it first came out. :negative:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

holocaust bloopers posted:

are you on a pro or regular ?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

are you on a pro or regular ?

Pro. Doesn't matter much for Horizon. It's still a looker on OG hardware.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Yeah my husband walked in when I was playing it last night and was floored by how good it looked.

It's a good game I think but the real prize is the engine. Looking forward to what kind of :catdrugs: stuff Kojima will do with it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Did they add hover tanks and other cool, "near future" stuff to arma 3 yet or are they still listening to spergs worried about ~realism~ ?

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
They have a VTOL take on the AC-130 in the most recent expansion.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

subterfudge posted:

They have a VTOL take on the AC-130 in the most recent expansion.

An Apache?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Sick. Kind of tempted to grab that stuff, ie I don't have any of the dlc like karts, but the group I played with went from chill to super try hard sperg. Final straw was when one guy discovered a bunch of pubs on some marine reservist's blog, so he wanted to do all these cool tactics and formations from that. Also every custom mission was two to three hours long (most of that time being insert/extract movement). Have fun sitting around twiddling your thumbs if you die in the first 30 mins.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Bq_P57RVw

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How fun is it? How much is there to do? How much of is it cool and awesome?

I keep looking at PS4 deals and Horizon is super tempting me oh jeez :sweatdrop:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
There's a lot to do. Bunches of side quests, hunting animals, collectibles, stuff like that. So far the plot and story telling have been top notch. Combat is really fun. Stealthing through encounters has been working out for me so far, but when poo poo hits the fan you can roll around and go into slow motion and pop shots off. It's super tight. And like it's been said before, it's absolutely gorgeous. I 100% recommend it, especially if you have a good 4k TV.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I dunno why the gently caress this wasn't posted in here:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

haha holy gently caress this game is awesome, i suggest while drunk or really high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIZ7c72WsA0

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

How fun is it? How much is there to do? How much of is it cool and awesome?

I keep looking at PS4 deals and Horizon is super tempting me oh jeez :sweatdrop:

It's like the more recent Tomb Raiders and Far Cry Primal had a baby. It's entertaining and I think if you have a PS4 you should check it out at some point. I don't know if I would buy a PS4 just to play it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't wait for the switch

apparently it is a massive battery hog and has issues powering up as well as a very weak wireless signal from its controllers which is worse if you are using the wrong hand

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I thought something was hosed up when even Reddit was hesitant on the switch but goons were some how hype. I hope it ends up good though, please don't die Nintendo.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The Nintendo Switch has the wrong kind of RAM.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My uncle at Nintendo says the Switch is bad.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its weird that nintendo are so focused on having their own niche console with stupid hardware gimmicks and barely any 3rd party games. maybe if the switch bombs too, theyll rethink their wacky business model and go the sega route

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's like the more recent Tomb Raiders and Far Cry Primal had a baby. It's entertaining and I think if you have a PS4 you should check it out at some point. I don't know if I would buy a PS4 just to play it.

Oh jeez I loved those games, apparently there's a Horizon bundle coming this month too.

But yeah buying a console just for one game is kinda dumb. Maybe I'll hold out a while and see what's going on with the RDR2 and Mordor 2 releases. No PC release there sure would push me to the PS4.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
mordor 2 will probably have a day and date pc launch, but i bet rdr2 comes to pc 6-12 months after console release

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Don't forget Last of Us 2, which I assume will be an exclusive release.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

its weird that nintendo are so focused on having their own niche console with stupid hardware gimmicks and barely any 3rd party games. maybe if the switch bombs too, theyll rethink their wacky business model and go the sega route

They want to corner the market on games where you stand around wagglan your body for motion control while staring at a tiny handheld screen and ignoring your TV. Does this stuff actually go through focus groups before greenlight?

It's legit hard for me to believe there was a time when they were the industry leader in console manufacture.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's really loving sad as a kid from the NES era.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It'd be really nice if Nintendo just put their stupid games out on normal consoles instead of wasting their time on this crap.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hey you poo poo loving kids, you wanna play the mario but you only got xbox? well too loving bad, get mommy to shell out 400 bucks so you can be a racist italian stereotype on a bad acid trip!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

mordor 2 will probably have a day and date pc launch, but i bet rdr2 comes to pc 6-12 months after console release

Yeah I won't be surprised if Rockstar pulls another GTA4/5 with it. I'm a huge loving slut for cowboy action pew pew adventures so I'd be hard pressed to not get it immediately.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Don't forget Last of Us 2, which I assume will be an exclusive release.

That too. So there's Horizon, RDR2, Last of Us 2, Ni-oh, Nier Automata (which is getting a Steam release eventually but the devs are all pearl clutchy over PC piracy for fucks sake). Five games total isn't bad, plus there's the whole library of poo poo I can't think of.

Maybe there will be some cool bundles later on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
At this point the PS4 is simply one of the best consoles ever. This is the perfect time to grab one. It's a great system.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah if you're going to get a console it's hard to not recommend the PS4. It's PS2/Xbox/GameCube all over again.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I just ended up getting a PS4 and an Xbox. That way I don't have to worry about the arguments for or against either one. Given that, I honestly use my Xbox more, but that's primarily because almost all of my friends play on it. PS4 still has tons of worthwhile exclusives, though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Only reason to own Nintendo anything is MarioKart games, so you just wait for the system to offically flop and grab one on ebay or the local pawnshop for $150

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sony has been doing so much right this iteration of consoles. Even the PSVR and Pro are doing well. Like it's hard to recommend a slim over a Pro even if you don't own a 4K tv. The cost difference alone is worth is for the larger hdd.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They're actually ahead of sales predictions on PSVR, by something like 10 or 15%. I knew they were the exception to the "VR is failing" thing, but I didn't realize they were actually ahead.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I believed last year and I still do that VR will only be normalized by Sony's PSVR.

They're the only game in town that can hit household penetration rate and meet an agreeable price point. But don't loving tell goons that. They're so keyed up on PC solutions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I agree, and it's part of why I bought a PS4 Pro. I just didn't expect them to be that far ahead.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Started playing Kerbal Space Program again after getting my roommate to start. Here we go, down the rabbit hole again. :pcgaming:

They really need to put in proper multiplayer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I go down that rabbit hole less often now. Every time I end up starting from scratch because my mods are outdated and CKAN doesn't cover all of them. Bare minimum I need MechJeb (porkchop calculations), Kerbal Engineer, and EVE to really play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I still haven't tried MechJeb, but I might give that a go. I forgot what a pain it can be to perfectly line up those tiny little burns to jump from one orbit to another.