Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
youre going to want to practice crafting false equivalencies out of even the most obviously unbalanced situations too if you wanna to chill in this thread with the frog people.

if somebody ever bothers to call you out, just threaten to produce statistics that agree with your viewpoint, regardless of whether or not they exist, until that person goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

this is hellthread you can frolic with all the unironic frog people i

nope, still not a thing. dunk a pickle dillio

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kjoery posted:

this is hellthread you can frolic with all the unironic frog people if you want, no one will judge

here are some terms and concepts you may want to incorporate into your new and exciting hellthread frog posts,:

Cultural Marxism, Nationalism, The Immigrants, Leftists, The Left, Regressive Left, Virtue Signaling, White Genocide, Hillary Clinton, The Mainstream Media, Why Punching Nazis Is Wrong, Feminism, Why "Death To All Jews" is cool and good, and how campuses are indoctrination centers for The Left.

remember: when you make a frog post, always mention how oppressed your group is, and how mean the Other Side is - make sure to appear outraged yet smug.

consistently incorporate enough of these concepts and you too can join in the group masturbation session that is the alt right

Sheesh it's like a misanthrope traded in a smidge of craziness for some extra hot air

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Fog Tripper posted:

Lmao can you imagine him just chuckling to himself every time he writes it

He must be used to swinging and missing though if he works as the propaganda manager for a failed political party

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Surprise, Spunky Psycho Ho doesn't like immigrants whether they came here legally or illegally.

Exploitation of the H1B1 is the same thing, you're importing cheap labor from overseas to replace American workers, that's why Trump is talking about raising the salary requirements for it, so it's getting talented people from abroad and not just cheap ones

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Exploitation of the H1B1 is the same thing, you're importing cheap labor from overseas to replace American workers, that's why Trump is talking about raising the salary requirements for it, so it's getting talented people from abroad and not just cheap ones

why import cheap labor when you can erode all worker's rights and created it here! #BringBackGoodOldAmericanSweatShops

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If it's not a question of legality, ragging on people for omitting "illegal" makes no sense, hth

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

why import cheap labor when you can erode all worker's rights and created it here! #BringBackGoodOldAmericanSweatShops

It's not one thing or another it's a multi-prong gently caress job

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Are these the only options you can envision

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh, kjoery forgot the first and most important thing about being alt-right

Pretend you don't exist

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

King Vidiot posted:

Oh, kjoery forgot the first and most important thing about being alt-right

Pretend you don't exist

the alt right sure sounds like some biblical satan character at this point

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the alt right sure sounds like some biblical satan character at this point

A perfect example of that thing I just said, right here, said without any irony or self awareness.

Remarkable.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The alt right isn't even a thing except for 1) dismissive label 2) trolls

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
oh boy looks like sessions contacted a Russian ambassador, could this be the scandal that fucks Trump? Stay tuned for more info on the Mord & Spunky show later today.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

A perfect example of that thing I just said, right here, said without any irony or self awareness.

Remarkable.
the frog people are so good. i love the frog people

thathonkey posted:

youre going to want to practice crafting false equivalencies out of even the most obviously unbalanced situations too if you wanna to chill in this thread with the frog people.

if somebody ever bothers to call you out, just threaten to produce statistics that agree with your viewpoint, regardless of whether or not they exist, until that person goes away.
nah, they dont just threaten to produce statistics, they do link articles and journals. but remember, when you do, only read the headline and the first sentence, and formulate your entire argument based on that information, regardless of what the rest of the journal or article might contain

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

oh boy looks like sessions contacted a Russian ambassador, could this be the scandal that fucks Trump? Stay tuned for more info on the Mord & Spunky show later today.

I'm going out of town later so Mord and his hot collegiate insights will dominate for days

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

a bone to pick posted:

And his arch nemesis Obama is back from vacation and is looking to cause trouble. How is Trump gonna get outta this jam?Could this be the end for Trump and pals? Stay tuned.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Did we do the Dilbert recap? All the pissbabies arguing with each other makes this thread hard to follow. For all his faults, the one thing Scott Adams is right about is how the Trump narrative actually works:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/157865134106/president-trumps-speech-last-night

Dilbert posted:

Trump did a High Ground Maneuver by referring to many of the criticisms of his administration as “trivial.” Now the people who keep making such criticisms are defining themselves to be in the unimportant part of the conversation.

Trump apparently opened his speech (I missed that part) by speaking out against some recent hate crimes in the United States. By putting that topic first, he made it a top priority, if only in our minds. That was the not-Hitler moment the world was hoping to see. I told you in prior posts and tweets that by this summer Trump would move the national consciousness from the illusion that he is Hitler to the opinion that his administration is not competent. By the end of the year, the critics will be saying some version of this: “Okay, he gets a lot done, and he isn’t Hitler, but we still don’t like it.” That story arc looks as if it accelerated last night, but I expect lots more Hitler talk before summer. Last night was big for the President, but only a first step toward improving his brand.

if Trump maintains a constructive engagement with the black community, and continues to talk about unity, while his critics call him “dark,” who wins the persuasion? Trump’s critics might accidentally turn him into the third black president. (Counting Bill Clinton as first.) That’s obviously a big stretch, but you didn’t think he would get elected president either. Four years is a lot of time for a Master Persuader.

Note that I absolutely don't think that Trump is doing this intentionally, he's not smart enough to orchestrate any of this. But when your opponents keep making you out to be the leader of the KKK, and in reality you gave a black power fist on The Fresh Prince and made LGBT rights centerstage at the RNC, it's not difficult to change the tide of popular opinion given time.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why they keep lying about the Russian connections. Just go all out, plenty of conservatives love Putin.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Extra Large Marge posted:

I don't understand why they keep lying about the Russian connections. Just go all out, plenty of conservatives love Putin.

It's easier to keep blaming Russia for their election loss than to take ownership that they hosed over a large number of their own constituents by favoring a candidate with zero charisma who offered next to nothing to working class voters over another candidate who did but didn't fit their rulers needs. Now they must blame Russia and try to whip their base into a blind hatred of Trump and anyone critical of them to deflect because they have no intention of doing anything differently in the next election. It sucks.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Russia was the global elite's next target since they expelled the foreign corporations and aren't connected to the US banking system. They were planning on this pre-elections. The election of Trump threw a monkey wrench into their plans, and now they're trying to adapt their anti- Russian agenda to the new political field. They still have a huge target on Russia but without Hillary in office it's not so easy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
spunky has an uncanny ability to go from "reasonable" to "alex jones here at info wars dot com"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
same for mordy but instead of alex jones its stalin in a dress in the mens bathroom

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't see how that's even an unreasonable analysis, it explains why this anti-Russian poo poo has been shoehorned into our elections since debate #2

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the rich russians are pretty well integrated into the global elite in europe i don't see why you would wanna go after one of your own

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

spunky has an uncanny ability to go from "reasonable" to "alex jones here at info wars dot com"

Why it's almost as if he has no actual stance on any issue and just says inflammatory stuff as a weak attempt to deflect and derail conversations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Krustic posted:

It's easier to keep blaming Russia for their election loss than to take ownership that they hosed over a large number of their own constituents by favoring a candidate with zero charisma who offered next to nothing to working class voters over another candidate who did but didn't fit their rulers needs. Now they must blame Russia and try to whip their base into a blind hatred of Trump and anyone critical of them to deflect because they have no intention of doing anything differently in the next election. It sucks.

I'm talking about Sessions committing perjury. Just say you talked with a Russian ambassador if you did, who gives a gently caress other than people who didn't vote for Trump? I don't get it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the rich russians are pretty well integrated into the global elite in europe i don't see why you would wanna go after one of your own

NATO is friends with Russia since when

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

King Vidiot posted:

Why it's almost as if he has no actual stance on any issue and just says inflammatory stuff as a weak attempt to deflect and derail conversations.

cash me outside how bout dah

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
No, it's just that you people believe in things when the truth is there's nothing to really believe in except people trying to get money

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i don't think "global elite" is a particularly useful abstraction tbh. sure there is a class of really rich people that p much can afford to full on ignore borders and bureaucratic systems of most states, but they also probably don't run NATO or governments directly

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i don't think "global elite" is a particularly useful abstraction tbh. sure there is a class of really rich people that p much can afford to full on ignore borders and bureaucratic systems of most states, but they also probably don't run NATO or governments directly

Yah that's crazy talk

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah that's crazy talk

:captainpop:
is that john mcafee??

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Extra Large Marge posted:

I'm talking about Sessions committing perjury. Just say you talked with a Russian ambassador if you did, who gives a gently caress other than people who didn't vote for Trump? I don't get it.

I don't get it either. It just plays into a narrative.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah that's crazy talk

i don't think virgin man branson and obama have very many joint business ventures, also lol at suggestion branson has any power over NATO and if he had much power over the UK govt brexit wouldn't be happening

also you are aware that if you have enough dosh you can literally pay to a week long holiday on branson's island, right? literally you can book it online here http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/necker-island

considering the man lives on the island you will probably get to touch balls eventually even!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i don't think virgin man branson and obama have very many joint business ventures, also lol at suggestion branson has any power over NATO and if he had much power over the UK govt brexit wouldn't be happening

It's more like all the rich people touch butts and make deals and here's one example of good ol Barack Obama windsurfing with a rich dude, to think they don't talk business means you've never spent time with another person ever

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's more like all the rich people touch butts and make deals and here's one example of good ol Barack Obama windsurfing with a rich dude, to think they don't talk business means you've never spent time with another person ever

they might be talking business now but i highly doubt obummer touched balls with branson during or before his glorious reign

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I really enjoy when people imagine politicians as work-a-day schlubs who punch in every day, and try to do their best for the American people

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think russia is a paper bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I really enjoy when people imagine politicians as work-a-day schlubs who punch in every day, and try to do their best for the American people

the rich illuminati cabal was not involved in this particular obama and branson case, spunky. it was a poo poo example. please find a non-poo poo one, of which there are plenty

• Locked thread