Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jose posted:

my coworker has a friend who on the first day of the job as a tree surgeon saw his boss decapitate himself

Please the term is 'Pollarding'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

weg posted:

:catstare:

Context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puoPsmepZDk&t=461s
Timestamp @ 7:41 if it doesn't work automatically

There's a quote from Superior Firepower: The Making of Aliens, where one of the stunt directors talks about the APC. It was made out of a airplane tug with all the ballast stripped out, meaning it was pretty goddamn powerful. They needed a shot of it driving head on in a straight line for as long as possible, and set cameras up at the end of the road with the maximum run up for the APC. The stunt director thought "on second thoughts, let's run the cameras remotely instead of putting cameramen in the way of the moving vehicle".

Lo and behold, the brakes fail, and the cameras get loving creamed by a multiple ton vehicle at full speed. Fortunately though, no one is hurt.

The whole thing is full of some pretty OSHA moments, like asphyxiating Bill Paxton and Vasquez's actress via putting them in an enclosed location with a fire, letting them recover, then doing the exact same thing again.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Killstick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJZNFKksBs

Watch the whole thing, the buildup makes it even better.

"What are they possibly doing with that stick?"

:stare:

XCOM3 looking good!

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Please the term is 'Pollarding'

You cant see the forest for the trees

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

You cant see the forest for the trees
Maybe he just needs to branch out.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

solarNativity posted:

Owning a Hi-Point is negligent.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Bogatyr posted:

Use of the widowmaker about a minute in.

NMS: http://i.imgur.com/rxtbqD2.jpg

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

:stonk:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe. 

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii 

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in 

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp 

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident 

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum 

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins. 

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum 

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions 

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction" 

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Happy page 300! :toot:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Powered Descent posted:

No guard on the sword, someone's going to lose a limb if he keeps using it like that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powered Descent posted:

Here's your cake!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

shame on an IGA posted:

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

What was this?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/GeeLzph.gifv

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'm hoping, that in the full version with audio you hear the drivers door open as he jumps out...right????

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Observe the mating ritual of the Australian bulldozer in it's natural habitat.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

mattfl posted:

I'm hoping, that in the full version with audio you hear the drivers door open as he jumps out...right????

Doesn't look like it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jew it to it! posted:

Observe the mating ritual of the Australian bulldozer in it's natural habitat.

*Canadian. There's literally nowhere in Australia that has land that flat with snow on it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Memento posted:

*Canadian. There's literally nowhere in Australia that has land that flat with snow on it.

what province still has such stone-age looking license plates?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think it's tibet or possibly south korea.

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

Jose posted:

my coworker has a friend who on the first day of the job as a tree surgeon saw his boss decapitate himself

instant promotion.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

mattfl posted:

Pretty sure the camera gave you the same view the person's head would have after that impact...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Powershift posted:

I think it's tibet or possibly south korea.

That could be it. I mean, I assumed it was Canada only because of the large mining equipment and the snow, but it could be a whole bunch of places that aren't Australia.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

It's China.

The only shocking part is this didn't happen in a crowded intersection.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
You can see an arm and a torso in the last few interior frames...

wearing a blackish jacket. I'm betting lived, some movement there that doesn't look like dead chicken twitchin

E:but maybe not, copuld be the angle but i deffo don't see a head

DiHK fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 3, 2017

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

what province still has such stone-age looking license plates?

I decided to look up Canadian plates because i have no better way to spend my time and holy poo poo, Nunavut:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Cthulu Carl posted:

I decided to look up Canadian plates because i have no better way to spend my time and holy poo poo, Nunavut:

I'm surprised they need that many characters on a Nunavut license plate.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cthulu Carl posted:

What? Explore Canada's arctic, get eaten by a bear. Bears gotta eat too, you know.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Did no one read the link on the imgur page?

http://www.thedrive.com/news/8026/front-end-loader-nearly-decapitates-unsuspecting-driver-in-china

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Of course it happened in China.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

God, the writing style in this article is seriously garbage. Was this written by a high school student?

I keep noticing various flaws. Maybe not a native English speaker, I'm not sure.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Upon further inspection, this person writes several articles a day, and is probably an underpaid intern. Seriously though, proofread a little.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

kierrie posted:

instant promotion.

A cut-throat business!

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

NoWake posted:

I looked up fire suit ratings as they pertained to the ones worn in racing, protection ranges from 3 to 40 seconds.

A few pages late, but my brother told me a story about when he was deployed to Afghanistan and went to do a quick change on a hot M2 barrel with Nomex gloves on. Only about 12(?) threads to turn on an M2 barrel to mount/unmount it, so about ten seconds to unscrew. Almost got blisters all over both his hands, ended up having to throw out the gloves because the fibers on them were completely hosed. But hey, better than the alternatives!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Baronjutter posted:

My friend, who had some electrical background and safety training raised the alarm a few times over the equipment. His manager repeatedly told him "It's been like that for years, you're the only one complaining, they don't make that model of mixer anymore and it's really good. Why fix it if it's not broken? Just be careful, everyone knows." He finally quit, but only because he finally lined up another job months later. Many others told him they were really concerned about the equipment safety there and were sure someone was going to get hurt real bad one day, but they needed the work. The boss would also hint that she couldn't afford to replace all the kitchen stuff or upgrade the panel and it would be a shame if the restaurant was forced to shut down.

Just break the hazardous mixer. Open it up and pull out a bunch of important poo poo until it stops working to force the manager into buying a new one.

What is it with American workers being so afraid to steal and break poo poo?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i just figured out you work at the airport from which i fly fairly often so that's definitely made me feel a lot safer

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

stockholm syndrome, end-stage capitalism version.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 3, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also other workers are traitors that will rat you out.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can't climb crowded ladders without knocking other people of them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

One nation, under crab-pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fewer employment protections so you can get fired just for suspicion of having done something, a more limited safety net so aforementioned firing can block you from the meager unemployment insurance an hourly food prep job provides, and a general lack of savings for most people making absorbing a loss of income more difficult.