Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pastpresentfuture/reviews/

"This is my review for this game. Don't buy it, buy Star Citizen instead!"

Jeez. For crying out loud, at least change the wording for the three reviews

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Did lil Ricky shout to his mom shortly before the start of the clip?

If he did then it's a deliberate "danger wank" which is an extreme sport that usually happens in Britain, mostly in Leeds and Coventry.

(It's an actual thing).

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
In the words of bowtie dude when 2.6 dropped.

"Game is good" :smug:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

12x12 is a lot of fun currently.

:gary:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If he really wanted to be astronaut he wouldn't have joined the Army loving lmao

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Asema posted:

If he really wanted to be astronaut he wouldn't have joined the Army loving lmao

Or bought Star Citizen

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Actually who am I kidding even Ben knows he would never pass a physical for either the military or nasa

Unless he planned to be brought up as a science experiment ?

Maybe canada could help out with the Canadarm

I think It's more likely this is the streamer astropub who wears a children's space man costume

Just don't ask where the child is

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They did something nice and they didn't have to. There's plenty of reasons to give CIG poo poo, but this isn't one of them.

The Titanic posted:

Gonna Derek ^this this.

I know everybody wants cig to be the worst at everything, but just like it's ok to call them out on their stupidity, it's also ok to call them out for doing good things as well. What they did was good and nice and it probably made both of those guys days and made life a little happier for a while.

I'm good with that and kudos to cig for doing it. They didn't have to. They chose to.
No one's saying they shouldn't have done it. No one's saying it's bad they did it. I just think it's naive to give a bunch of scamming shitheads public kudos as if them signing and mailing a brochure wasn't an obvious PR move and also something to make themselves feel important and charitable after having taken almost $1,000 of the kid's money for their scam.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Chin posted:

No one's saying they shouldn't have done it. No one's saying it's bad they did it. I just think it's naive to give a bunch of scamming shitheads public kudos as if them signing and mailing a brochure wasn't an obvious PR move and also something to make themselves feel important and charitable while taking almost $1,000 of the kid's money for their scam.

Nah. Other companies might have gifted a copy of their game or whatever, but brochures and jpegs are the only thing RSI have actually loving produced so it's a reasonable gift

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The kid should have asked to play the secret build.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Cancer sucks.

So does Star Citizen.

That's my story.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The kid should have asked to play the secret build.

Well, I heard there was a secret build
That Crobblers played, and Ben was thrilled
But you don't really care for gaming, do ya

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, I heard there was a secret build
That Crobblers played, and Ben was thrilled
But you don't really care for gaming, do ya

:golfclap:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

No one's saying they shouldn't have done it. No one's saying it's bad they did it. I just think it's naive to give a bunch of scamming shitheads public kudos as if them signing and mailing a brochure wasn't an obvious PR move and also something to make themselves feel important and charitable after having taken almost $1,000 of the kid's money for their scam.

Yeah. They've done the bare minimum good thing they could do under the circumstances. The most amazing thing is they didn't do a normal CIG cockup, ban him from the game and send him a box of ebola.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They did something nice and they didn't have to. There's plenty of reasons to give CIG poo poo, but this isn't one of them.

I really don't think anyone is giving them poo poo for this action. I imagine anyone asked (and everyone itt) would offer the sick kid the same gracious charity. CIG isn't wrong at all in this matter, they simply did what every other person would do. At the point we praise them for actions that could reasonably be presumed to be a default response from anyone else we might as well praise Ben for properly "using" the Austin bathroom.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
^
This guy gets it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ponzi posted:

Jeez. For crying out loud, at least change the wording for the three reviews

the best part is the thousand hours played on elite dangerous

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I think we've beaten the cancer kid issue up enough , but as a final witty rejoinder

Maybe cig should start a make a wish program , the first episode can be Chris wishing for a newer porsche

Then they can do a telethon style Skype in to raise enough funds to give little babby Crobberts his wish

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sappo569 posted:

I think we've beaten the cancer kid issue up enough , but as a final witty rejoinder

Maybe cig should start a make a wish program , the first episode can be Chris wishing for a newer porsche

Then they can do a telethon style Skype in to raise enough funds to give little babby Crobberts his wish

That's already happening, though. Chris Roberts wished that he could pretend to be a game developer one last time, and people all over the world gave him over $140 million to make his wish come true.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Scruffpuff posted:

That's already happening, though. Chris Roberts wished that he could pretend to be a game developermovie director one last time, and people all over the world gave him over $140 million to make his wish come true.

ftfy

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Quavers posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pastpresentfuture/reviews/

"This is my review for this game. Don't buy it, buy Star Citizen instead!"

He's completely right, of course. After I have played over one thousand and one hundred hours of a game, I feel like I have seen it all and everything feels kinda empty. Do not buy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, I heard there was a secret build
That Crobblers played, and Ben was thrilled
But you don't really care for gaming, do ya

But it's got the tics from two point six,
The Hairy Roberts will not mix
But Ben will claim, "well Chris he never blew ya"

But he blew ya,
Yeah Chris blew ya
Conned and blew ya
loving blue-eww ya

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! Beet posted this on Reddit. It's hilarious

When you finally get your money out of Star Citizen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/837094452531458048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcPQUpahu8

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

From: grandmasfacebook@aol.com

Subject: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: RE: FUNNNY!!!!!!111!!!!!1

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! Beet posted this on Reddit. It's hilarious

When you finally get your money out of Star Citizen

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

nerdz posted:

the best part is the thousand hours played on elite dangerous

Someone obviously left the launcher running... ;)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A thousand hours playing SC could legitimately be just from patching.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The funny thing is that mailing the brochure actually cost CIG more than if they had given a Javelin.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Quavers posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pastpresentfuture/reviews/

"This is my review for this game. Don't buy it, buy Star Citizen instead!"

1000 hrs played, yeah this game is poo poo all of a sudden. dont buy.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The funny thing is that mailing the brochure actually cost CIG more than if they had given a Javelin.

Yes, but he would have sold that Javelin to pay for treatment or a trip to Six Flags or something. Those Javelins are for Sandi to gift herself to sell on the grey market to buy new purses.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The funny thing is that mailing the brochure actually cost CIG more than if they had given a Javelin.

Chris' signature alone won't be cheap for them

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If they gave him a javelin they'd have to spend tons of dev labor recalibrating the economy they have planned for the extra capital ship. The npcs all have lives and comsume resources. They need to be accounted for, let alone the armanments of the ship itself.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder who will be the first to cure space cancer in the verse with the farming and medlab modules.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol, just lol if you don't see how ghoulish it is to send a sales brochure to someone with a terminal illness, unsolicited

:sandance: You can't take it with you! :sandance:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Expect: bugs and half baked modded crysis levels

Don't expect: a game you can actually show people

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hey I thought up a funny game for you nerds, ~Guess the Whale~

  1. Wesha
  2. Angry_pacifist
  3. Tarkaroshe
  4. Agent_Mothman
  5. Mirificus

If you need to read more than the first paragraph before knowing who it is, you may have a life outside of this thread :smith:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I dunno who it is but it reaffirms my hate for pc gamers.

e: I don't mean people who play games on a pc, I mean pc gamers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gotta be Tarka

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Choose with care! Winner (one of you) will receive an

:siren: OUYA CODE FOR BROKEN AGE!!! :siren:

Which is a legit better choice than playing Star Citizen and also a comparative crowdfunding success story.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm going with e. Mirificus would post that in this thread.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4