Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mcchicken and small shamrock shake pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

shiksa posted:

You idiot scion of a billionaire what do you need 50 large for

more hunting bows

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Lol Barron is a Russian puppet too

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the secret health care bill is real, strong and is my friend

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

"and the bill is"

*rips mask off bill*

"universal healthcare?!?"

"and i would have passed, too, if it wasnt for you meddling press"

Rand Paul sheathes his katana as the latest monstrosity disapears into mist. A bat flies from the head, and he could see its ink spilling from the pages.

"I'll get you next time Paul-kun!" the self aware legislation says as it disappears into the night. "drat you and your common sense solutions!!!"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Internet Webguy posted:

the secret health care bill is real, strong and is my friend

:popeye:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hey here's a fuckin' shocker

Trump transition team canceled ethics training session

quote:

President Donald Trump's transition team, days before he took office, nixed plans for an orientation class that would have prepared political appointees and White House staff for a series of ethical and legal issues, documents provided to CNN show.

The ethics program proposed by the General Services Administration would have helped White House staff and political appointees get through Senate confirmation hearings, work with Congress and corresponding agencies and comply with laws and executive orders -- all issues Trump nominees and staff have confronted during their first six weeks in office.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/837369632478613505

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

You idiot scion of a billionaire what do you need 50 large for

trump's real net worth is probably negative atm because of his debts :ssh:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

My feeling on sessions continues to be that he'll survive this, but the fact that the DOJ is open revolt against him places his long term future in serious doubt.

Ultimately the institutions do not appear to be responding nicely to Bannons "deconstruction of the administrative state"

if Bannons plan was to replace government with slapstick, things seem to be proceeding apace

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Rand Paul is storming around the capital with a copy machine lmao

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/837349317727903745

lmao this is so loving dumb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

Rand Paul you fuckin suck and I wish you'd get hit by a train for the most libertarian death possible but today has been a good day for you and I respect the hustle.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lol i forgot bobbys mom was played by sarah palin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

rand paul was the goon who hauled his printer to the girls house and just got a 'thanks'

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

god damnit sam b you are terrible

fuckin terrible

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

the healthcare bill goes to another schoool

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Also low key this week was W calling trump a racist

W was never this active under obama . Hmmm

w likes obama personally

also obama continued about 75% of bush's agenda

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

eonwe posted:

rand paul was the goon who hauled his printer to the girls house and just got a 'thanks'

she invited this douchey guy DONALD over and...

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Today I have confirmed that political stunts involving dragging office equipment or other heavy machinery / animals through the capital are my favorite kind of political stunts.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TwoStepBoog posted:

the healthcare bill goes to another schoool

my healthcare bill is in canada right now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Comey is in a tough place

If he doesn't investigate sessions he's out of a job if Dems win in 18 maybe

He may already be cooked tho

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol i forgot bobbys mom was played by sarah palin

lol

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

My feeling on sessions continues to be that he'll survive this, but the fact that the DOJ is open revolt against him places his long term future in serious doubt.

Ultimately the institutions do not appear to be responding nicely to Bannons "deconstruction of the administrative state"

the actual hilarity here from that one state department article that dropped yesterday is that most of the state department (and by extension probably the intelligence departments) would be totally willing to go along with whatever trump wanted to do, as long as he actually told them what to do. but since all the high level positions are vacant and the appointees he has provided are all mired in factional bullshit, there are no orders or directives coming down the pipeline at all

by all accounts it seems government workers are rebelling more out of boredom than any commitment to a free state

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

My god he's tag-teaming with his worst enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtglptO4v34

War makes strange bedfellows....

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
so we have the crook but have we found the loot and the warrant yet to put jeff sessions IN JAAAAAAAAAAIIIIILLL??

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Grown men doing that little kid voice thing weirds me out.
Especially when Limbaugh does it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rtp_4P9lA (around 0:55).

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Agean90 posted:

the bill doesn't exist

Trump's budget will be funded in its entirety by a shell game. For a fee of :10bux: journos and Democrats can read the bill if they can guess under which cup it is.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
rand paul is such a dweeb

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
meanwhile,

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-lepen-eu-idUSKBN1691A0

quote:

European Union lawmakers lifted the EU parliamentary immunity of French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen on Thursday for tweeting pictures of Islamic State violence.

Le Pen, who leads her National Front party in the European legislature, is under investigation in France for posting three graphic images of Islamic State executions on Twitter in December 2015, including the beheading of American journalist James Foley.

Le Pen's immunity shielded her from prosecution. By lifting it, after a request from the French judiciary, the parliament is allowing any eventual legal action against her.

quote:

The offence being considered is "publishing violent images", which under certain circumstances can carry a penalty of three years in prison and a fine of 75,000 euros ($78,930).

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

trump's real net worth is probably negative atm because of his debts :ssh:

He's worth $11 billion thanks to Rosneft.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Fat Iguana posted:

lol just lol if you woke up this morning and didn't immediately pour whiskey into your coffee

son i'm straight chugging cough syrup

get on my level

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

zegermans posted:

I'll never understand the "Trump became president when he put the camera on a crying widow of a man he got killed through his own incompetence" line.

Don't forget that he also blamed anyone and everyone he could for the mission's failure shortly before that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

Don't forget that he also blamed anyone and everyone he could for the mission's failure shortly before that.

not his fault the big bad obama shadow government killed that eight year old!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

He's worth $11 billion thanks to Rosneft.

he only got the brokerage fees from that not the actual stakes, which is still a shitload of money but nowhere near billions

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/837371137789149184

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Rand Paul is being cool today, let him do his thing.

Sessions committed perjury, full stop. He was asked a clear, broad question, and he gave a false answer. He can't privately decide that he'd rather answer another, more narrow question.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
SAVE US BARRONRAND PAUL

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/837370188492337152

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

This sounds like an extremely poo poo law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Senior white house officials deemed the learning experience "boring" and "gay"

• Locked thread