Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm saying that the amount of community levels is distressingly low.
Oh. Well that wasn't the case when I bought LBP3 but they were almost all actually LBP2 levels for obvious reasons. You'd be right though if you said it would be better to just play LBP2. If they took out those levels for some reason then it would be extremely small, though I guess I can't be bothered to go check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
If anyone's saying the Mexico VPN trick for EA's Origin sale doesn't work anymore because Battlefield 1 has more or less the same price, regardless of which country you're in. You can still get Battlefield 4 + premium (both separately, NOT the 'Premium Edition') for $12 instead of $20 normally.

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 2, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Harrow posted:

In the future, when a 12-year-old calls you a "cock-chewing shitbird," your brain will make you believe you are a cock-chewing shitbird. It's all very immersive.

So I'll believe I'm President Trump?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Monkey Fracas posted:

Only the best games will earn the coveted Shiny Platinum rank

*little statue of Jeff Gerstmann lounging on a sofa spins around on results screen*

The worst rank is a small stone statue of Ben Kuchera falling backwards in a gaming chair

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
"what a day!"

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

I said come in! posted:

You can't get one, you will be waiting a few weeks probably.

I'm heading out to gamestop now. The artificial scarcity means this is probably going to sell for $1500 or more on ebay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A birdie is actually telling me that Amazon Prime Now will have units available tomorrow.

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

A birdie is actually telling me that Amazon Prime Now will have units available tomorrow.

Would that be at midnight or 8am?

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm really hoping Breath of the Hyrules like the current meta states.

The EDGE 10 did have me interested since the last one they gave was Bloodborne which I agreed with.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap, the new Overwatch character is a lady robot centaur! Damnit Blizzard, I have stuff to play that is not Overwatch!

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 2, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Houston Rockets posted:

Would that be at midnight or 8am?

Amazon Prime Now is 2 hour delivery service, so you'll want to smash F5 a lot tomorrow and it's only available in select areas for Prime members.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

glam rock hamhock posted:

Holy crap, the new Overwatch character is a lady robot centaur! Damnit Blizzard, I have stuff to play that is not Overwatch!

are her hands digital

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They have digits, yes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

one hand is gun

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dr Cheeto posted:

They have digits, yes

ah good good, she'll be able to tackle some of the trickier objectives manually then

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I started playing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and it is bizarrely relevant to current events. The old dumpy president that puts on a tough act and pushes people around reminds me of a certain somebody, and I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to fake an assassination attempt

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
There is so much video game activity happening suddenly! I've been in a video game blackout while studying for a licensing exam on March 17 and Zelda is breaking through. The next two weeks are gonna be rough but on March 17 at 5PM I will be walking out of the testing center and driving straight to the nearest place to buy Zelda!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

are her hands digital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqtknassUA

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I made the mistake of comparing the Switch and Wii U visuals for Zelda and the Wii U version's pretty awful color contrast is sort of a dealbreaker :negative:

I know, I know, this shouldn't matter to me, but it's noticeable enough that I think I'd feel like I was cheating myself out of a really pretty game by not waiting to play it on a Switch, whenever I can actually get one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Overwatch definitely needed more heroes that can toss down barriers and render enemies immobile

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They wanted to give people an alternative to reinhardt which is a good idea imo and I like her design

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Definitely seems a bit strong at first glance but that's what a bunch of PTR testing is for.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Harrow posted:

Definitely seems a bit strong at first glance but that's what a bunch of PTR testing is for.

The only time they've made a change based on PTR feedback was hog's reworked hook.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I made the mistake of comparing the Switch and Wii U visuals for Zelda and the Wii U version's pretty awful color contrast is sort of a dealbreaker :negative:

I know, I know, this shouldn't matter to me, but it's noticeable enough that I think I'd feel like I was cheating myself out of a really pretty game by not waiting to play it on a Switch, whenever I can actually get one.

Like I'm just gonna wait. I'm getting a Switch this summer for Spla2n; think I can wait a few months

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

They wanted to give people an alternative to reinhardt which is a good idea imo and I like her design

Pretty much and her gravity thing seems more to pull people than make them immobile. It appears to be more for getting people out of hiding than making them helpless. Like with all characters added to the game, it's gonna unbalance things for a bit but it probably won't be too bad. People freaked out thinking Sombra was gonna be broken but once she was there she was fine. With Orisa you have to realize that she is a HUGE target and her shield cannot be brought with her. She can buff herself for reduced damage but she seems to not be built to deal damage in a very dynamic fashion.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, going back to Zelda, does anyone know if the Wii U screen does anything in that version?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Lmao dude they look almost identical

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/nbAtTuxYDeg

I want this now

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Harrow posted:

Is this what it's like to care whether you get a TN or IPS on your 3DS?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Holy fuckin poo poo. That's a lot of cool utility.

edit: V it doesn't look like it holds people at all just moves them and lets go.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Pretty much and her gravity thing seems more to pull people than make them immobile. It appears to be more for getting people out of hiding than making them helpless. Like with all characters added to the game, it's gonna unbalance things for a bit but it probably won't be too bad. People freaked out thinking Sombra was gonna be broken but once she was there she was fine. With Orisa you have to realize that she is a HUGE target and her shield cannot be brought with her. She can buff herself for reduced damage but she seems to not be built to deal damage in a very dynamic fashion.

Depends on the strength of the pull. I'm sure it's not as strong as Zarya's ult because that would render her pretty much useless but if you can't escape it by just walking out of it then it sucks and opens up a ton of combos that result in "you die and can't do anything about it" which is already what a bunch of the game's skills amount to.

edit: ok based on the gameplay video it's less of a pull and more like a yank which is even worse

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It must be

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Depends on the strength of the pull. I'm sure it's not as strong as Zarya's ult because that would render her pretty much useless but if you can't escape it by just walking out of it then it sucks and opens up a ton of combos that result in "you die and can't do anything about it" which is already what a bunch of the game's skills amount to.

edit: ok based on the gameplay video it's less of a pull and more like a yank which is even worse

It looks like it has about the same strength as a Lucio bop. You could use it to catch people running for cover or shoot it over a pit and drag people into it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

It looks like it has about the same strength as a Lucio bop. You could use it to catch people running for cover or shoot it over a pit and drag people into it.

https://twitter.com/MrWinghaven/status/837376761935581184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Probably, yes. I've spoiled myself with PC gaming on a really nice monitor so I care way too much now about things like color contrast and depth.

Regy Rusty posted:

Lmao dude they look almost identical

I guess it could be that people uploading Switch videos are encoding their videos well while people uploading Wii U videos aren't? But it seems like a pretty sharp difference to me. I guess it probably depends on the TV you're using to play it, too, so maybe I wouldn't notice on an actual TV, I dunno.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Lol I got my Switch shipment confirmation from GameStop an hour after I confirmed it on MyUPS. Great job guys

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you know: every time you check your Best Buy preorder status, they delay it another day

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I can't believe another Switch thread was closed. :(

Just over 3 hours till I get mine.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I guess it could be that people uploading Switch videos are encoding their videos well while people uploading Wii U videos aren't? But it seems like a pretty sharp difference to me. I guess it probably depends on the TV you're using to play it, too, so maybe I wouldn't notice on an actual TV, I dunno.

I watched a video showing two of them side by side and could barely tell any difference at all. You'll especially not notice when you're only playing one of them. Why deprive yourself of this game you want to play for months because of such a minor issue???

I only keep hounding you about it because you've been handwringing about the same thing for ages now trying to convince yourself. :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

I can't believe another Switch thread was closed. :(

Just over 3 hours till I get mine.

We are waiting for the proper thread! It was always temporary.

• Locked thread