Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

From: grandmasfacebook@aol.com

Subject: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: RE: FUNNNY!!!!!!111!!!!!1

Legit laughed there.

In typos-will-destroy-us-wall[sic] news;

https://aws.amazon.com/message/41926/

Someone wanted to restart a billing system, took out the S3 indexing and metadata for the region.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

Legit laughed there.

In typos-will-destroy-us-wall[sic] news;

https://aws.amazon.com/message/41926/

Someone wanted to restart a billing system, took out the S3 indexing and metadata for the region.

Sure hope they purged all that nasty database schmeg while they were at it

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Going with d. Though I don't know. I don't really read these fully. And I didn't read that one fully, but it feels a lot like a d to me.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

The Titanic posted:

Going with d. Though I don't know. I don't really read these fully. And I didn't read that one fully, but it feels a lot like a d to me.

:wink:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Gonna Derek ^this this.

I know everybody wants cig to be the worst at everything, but just like it's ok to call them out on their stupidity, it's also ok to call them out for doing good things as well. What they did was good and nice and it probably made both of those guys days and made life a little happier for a while.

I'm good with that and kudos to cig for doing it. They didn't have to. They chose to.

Going to remind you all that WE ARE GODDAMN FILTHY BUBBLING FOUNTAINS OF HATRED AND BILE. Stop saying nice things, no matter how well deserved, about CIG. Seriously. I mean, really, Derek, rein in all the alts and get back to the anger.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey I thought up a funny game for you nerds, ~Guess the Whale~

  1. Wesha
  2. Angry_pacifist
  3. Tarkaroshe
  4. Agent_Mothman
  5. Mirificus

If you need to read more than the first paragraph before knowing who it is, you may have a life outside of this thread :smith:

I don't know, but hiring an editor for your Reddit posts seems weird. I don't think even Derek does that.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm going with e. Mirificus would post that in this thread.

That's cheating and you know it :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's cheating and you know it :colbert:

I think following this broken tech demo has affected my moral compass. :negative:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

I disagree. They deserve all the poo poo they get and then some

Just because someone makes a kind gesture they don't suddenly become forgiven of all their previous lovely behaviour

Most of us are probably jaded enough now that CIG could build a new hospital for kids and we would still call them assholes , but we'll they only have themselves to blame for their past behaviour

At what point did I say I forgave them poo poo?

They got some kudos from me for ONE act. ONE. That does NOT forgive them the rest of their sins.

For that, they can burn. Burn eternally, writhing in pits of flaming excrement. Except for Sandi. We need something worse than her homecoming.

(See! Fountain of filth and hatred!)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

At what point did I say I forgave them poo poo?

They got some kudos from me for ONE act. ONE. That does NOT forgive them the rest of their sins.

For that, they can burn. Burn eternally, writhing in pits of flaming excrement. Except for Sandi. We need something worse than her homecoming.

(See! Fountain of filth and hatred!)

Do you want to tell us where the bad video game touched you?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hello space friends. Just dropping in to let you know Humble store currently has a sale for space games going on.

Might be some good stuff in there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I make it a point that when I cheat at sports, I am doping. I don't want to go doping alone and I know everybody will bend to peer pressure and we will all get dopinged together and win at sports.

This doesn't involve group activities with crystals does it? Because, if so, I am going to need a few more drinks first.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Meridian posted:

Hello space friends. Just dropping in to let you know Humble store currently has a sale for space games going on.

Might be some good stuff in there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/

Some legit good deals there

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Meridian posted:

Hello space friends. Just dropping in to let you know Humble store currently has a sale for space games going on.

Might be some good stuff in there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/

Some bloody good games in that list. :)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Anyway the answer to the ~Guess the Whale~ challenge waaaas:

:siren: d. Agent_Mothman :siren:

Pm me boat girl to get the Broken Age download code for your Ouya

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some legit good deals there

LOL! Very subtle :D

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some legit good deals there

Halcyon 6 is great, Stellaris is amazing. Both games consumed most of my winter vacation, and I regret nothing!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some legit good deals there

LOL cant play the game with a Cutlass Black. You need a Game package + SQ42 for full access. Educate yrouself on the project before buying in, filthy plebs !

PSA : If you never played FTL, at 2.50$ it would be doing yourself disservice by not picking it.

Also Homeworld, Deserts of Kharack has nothing to do with space.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 2, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Remastered Homeworld collection is tempting since I never played the original. Also anyone have thoughts on GalCiv 3 and Master of Orion?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Remastered homeworld uses the control system from homeworld 2 and is therefore a crap game.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Lladre posted:

^
This guy gets it.

I will see a doctor to get rid of it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I have been on the Internet too long. I expect Mom to come over and help him do it right. :sigh:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I have been on the Internet too long. I expect Mom to come over and help him do it right. :sigh:

You've been to a dark part of the internet. :ohdear:

Oh found this little snippet from 2014? I think:

quote:

Crobblers like a oval office said:
"I know some people are afraid of “feature creep” and the game never being finished as we keep adding functionality and content to the mix with increased funding. I would say that this would be fair criticism if we were delivering this game at retail and on disc. However, we are online and already pushing out builds, well before Star Citizen reaches what anyone would consider a “finished” stage. Just because we haven’t implemented a planned feature or built a certain asset yet doesn’t prevent us from sharing the game with everyone right now."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
CIG is a foundation to which terminal patients give donations to make Chris' wishes come true.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

MeLKoR posted:

CIG is a foundation to which terminal patients give donations to make Chris' wishes come true.

For as little as fifty thousand dollars a day, you too can make a mentally challenged man's dream of being a movie producer come true. Pledge now.

*Sarah Mclachlan starts to play*

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

LOL cant play the game with a Cutlass Black. You need a Game package + SQ42 for full access. Educate yrouself on the project before buying in, filthy plebs !

PSA : If you never played FTL, at 2.50$ it would be doing yourself disservice by not picking it.

Also Homeworld, Deserts of Kharack has nothing to do with space.

It does say "package" so presumably it means a Game Package. If so selling a Cutlass for $15 is loving hilarious.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

CIG is a foundation to which terminal patients give donations to make Chris' wishes come true.

So basically for example, if say I ever catch an cancer or bad aids, I should give Crobblers money so he can gently caress me up the arse and laugh in my face while spending my money during my last breaths?

Does sound like one of his ideas tbh.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Tippis posted:

Hmm… Suda 51 and Kojima should team up with Platinum to kickstart a new Neon Genesis Evangelion game. The full-spectrum hosed-up-ness levels would be off the scale every step of the way.

You have encountered Asuka in hospital! You're either going to hate this next QTE event or love it

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Meridian posted:

Remastered Homeworld collection is tempting since I never played the original. Also anyone have thoughts on GalCiv 3 and Master of Orion?

i only played GalCiv2 and that was pretty cool. is Master of Orion the original or the remake? the original (and 2) is awesome if you can get over the extremely dated graphics. according to user reviews the remake is not bad, but kind of a disappointment if you liked the old ones.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

You have encountered Asuka in hospital! You're either going to hate this next QTE event or love it

Nah, it is Suda51, you are both Asuka and Shinji.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZHElERa0JA

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Leave Chris alone- he smelled death, and money, and did what any of us shameless grifters would have done- try and claw out his own piece of the pie before it could go to something meaningful

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

trucutru posted:

Nah, it is Suda51, you are both Asuka and Shinji.

*throttles self while giant Rei head watches me*

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Roberts Space Industries: "Delivering the Stars since 2075"

Only 58 more years of game development to go..

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Movie developer?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

hot balls man no homo posted:

For as little as fifty thousand dollars a day, you too can make a mentally challenged man's dream of being a movie producer come true. Pledge now.

*Sarah Mclachlan starts to play*

Would be kind of interesting if they did the typical PBS style pledge drive model instead of their anniversary show disasters.

Have Sandi out front talking about what jpegs or coffee mugs you'd get at different monetary amounts, and behind her a panel of folks taking calls from pledgers. Those manning the phones would be the ninja assassin all in black guy, bunny katana man, the guy that wore an admiral hat for "I am Star Citizen" and a red headed clown.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey I thought up a funny game for you nerds, ~Guess the Whale~

  1. Wesha
  2. Angry_pacifist
  3. Tarkaroshe
  4. Agent_Mothman
  5. Mirificus

If you need to read more than the first paragraph before knowing who it is, you may have a life outside of this thread :smith:

I am going to guess B. If I win, does someone want to give me their Ouya?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MilesK posted:

Roberts Space Industries: "Delivering the Stars since 2075"

Only 58 more years of game development to go..

I like the way the autographed "get well soon guy who's probably dying" card/book has a really long disclaimer/small print absolving them of blame if what's in the book/card doesn't match reality. :D

(I feel really bad for the chap with cancer, I hope he beats it and makes a full recovery)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

Do you want to tell us where the bad video game touched you?

In the black withered wasteland that is my Goonish soul.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

You've been to a dark part of the internet. :ohdear:

Far too often, I am afraid. I have a friend that used to say to me "I know all this stuff is on the Internet, but that doesn't mean YOU have to see it." OTOH, he is also convinced that when the stars are right, dread R'lyeh rises, and Great Cthulhu rises, I am just going to smile and shoot the horns while looking directly into big C's face.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4