Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Coolguye posted:

the admission he did something he asserted, in sworn testimony, he did not do is gonna be pretty hard to shake and has nothing to do with shame

they'll name nate cohn as 'independent prosecuter' and then act like everything cool when he declares that sessions didnt purger himself he just had a senior (member of the kkk) moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Damage control time pt. 2

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Coolguye posted:

slowed my roll on the balls

the ed balls

missed page snipe smdh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

it was seriously amazing for me to watch everyone freaking out about what a cunning ideologue Sessions must be if hes in Bannons inner circle. because even with limited exposure to the man, i could tell you that Jeff Sessions is a huge loving dumbass who got where he is by being a good ol' boy.

i was just mostly distracted by those ears and the accent and wondering how wide and loose fitting his kkk hood has to be so that his ears dont give him away

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

are you for loving real

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the page of the area code of the clintons who should never show their face in public again

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Wait, the Flynn/Kush meeting with rus dude took place in Trump Tower? That is beyond retarded.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Coolguye posted:

are you for loving real

like seriously this is gonna make me go back into dabus mode i can't handle this

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Damage control time pt. 2

call in the tuckster we need somebody to tongue jeff's rhetorical taint on primetime

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

I saw Bellows/Told Slant as opening acts in the past year and let me say this: Felix is a nice, sensitive boy and SXSW should be nice to him

ive seen him playing in eskimeaux and florist but I didn't know about told slant so i'll have to check it out

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yessssss burn yourself some more

I lust for dixiecrat self mutilation

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

was hannity not available

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Wonder why he split so quickly there? Listen to his wording. He's talking about being "taken aback" by the "accusations". He says he should have "slowed down" and said that he did meet with the guy twice.

That phrasing is super important, because it betrays his thinking. He said he didn't SAY it, not that he didn't REMEMBER it, implying that if he had "slowed down" he would have volunteered the information. That indicates that not only did he lie, he knew he was lying as he did it. You can clearly see that in the gif of his face afterwards (if that's the same time stamp).

So, yeah, perjury.

But what's weird is that mistaken testimony is made all the time. Senators have staff who go through their statements and issue clarifications. Sessions could have easily had his staff put out a statement saying "When Senator Sessions indicated he had not spoken to Russian officials he was speaking of his role during the Presidential campaign. To clarify, Senator Sessions did meet with the Russian Ambassador twice, but did so at a social event and in his capacity as a member of the United States Senate. The Presidential campaign was not discussed during this brief interactions."

The fact that he indicated he knew in the moment that he was not being honest and then did not clarify his remarks indicates (90%) a craven political mind didn't want him to, perhpas his own, due to the potential damage it could cause Trump and the administration, or (10%) there's more sinister under the surface that would warrant perjuring yourself to a Senate committee. Either one is bad news for the administration.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
Remember when the POTUS said in a taped interview that it's fine Putin murders political enemies because America isn't so innocent either. Lol yah that's normal poo poo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lol that should be fun

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

call in the tuckster we need somebody to tongue jeff's rhetorical taint on primetime

i honestly think we need to start a pool on if he manages to gently caress this one up too

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TwoStepBoog posted:

was hannity not available
His knees are still really hurting after 36 hours following Trump's speech.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"tuckle carlton will save me" -- gresserfon dolybard jeshuns

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeahhhhh I kind of doubt that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/837418987583651841

jesus christ, lol

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RUM HAM posted:

he looks like such a soft little baby man who's never had to struggle for anything in his life either

he makes me irrationally angry

actually it's extremely rational

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bruteman posted:

Trump twitter people seem shook by this. They're getting VERY UPSET by all this Russia stuff, which is all the demon-rats have and which the Trump administration most certainly did not repeatedly kick themselves in the dick with.

Are they? Are they, really? Or are they just working themselves into even more of a cultish fervor?

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
resign you Keebler elf rear end in a top hat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

"The Orientals"

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

RUM HAM posted:

:same:

guess i shouldn't have lied under oath WHOOPS LOOK AT THE TIME GOTTA GO!

I was shocked at these accusations that I met with Russian officials and I was so focused on that that I forgot that I did do that thank you

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

My bet is that Sessions is a dumb arrogant dude who thinks that he is untouchable. He could have corrected his testimony in such unremarkable ways. His dumbassery is what is making this a thing. He is bad at this.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

ah you know, the orientals - very bad very bad - ching chong simple

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What in the name of god

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gently caress you

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

No? No, I don't know about the cleansing ritual that the orientals used to do.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the orientals.....wow that's old school

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

spittake.gif

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress the south

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The globalist cabal of child rapist/murderers are doing their best to take out all of Trump's inner circle.

Why do you guys think so many Trump officials were meeting with Russians? Because the Russians knew about Pizzgate and were trying to warn Trump that the CIA/DEEP STATE assassins were targeting him if the knowledge became public. That's why they leaked the Podesta emails the way they did! TO SAVE THE CHILDREN.

Also note that there has been a WAVE of arrests since Jan 20th involving Pedophile rings in the United States. Coincidence?

Now if you excuse me, I have more meth to smoke.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

What in the name of god

it's like he started answering, forgot what he was talking about, and then tried and failed to recover mid-sentence

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TheWeepingHorse posted:

My bet is that Sessions is a dumb arrogant dude who thinks that he is untouchable. He could have corrected his testimony in such unremarkable ways. His dumbassery is what is making this a thing. He is bad at this.

It's a goddam riot because if he just had some booze then went to bed he'd have a decent chance of riding it out. all this work is just making it worse

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ah i do indeed remember the cleansing the Orientals used to do

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

I have learned much from the Celestials and their mystical, foreign ways. *bows*

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

extremely mestyrious asian technique known as "Hosting a Town Hall"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

That's not the proper nomenclature dude

• Locked thread