Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TurnipFritter posted:

Obama used teleprompters.

Make teleprompters great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

people who care about other people's steak are weird. don't give two beans about steak, or eating an onion like an apple, or ketchup on hotdogs, or rhode island putting sauce on cheese-less breadsticks and calling it party pizza

if you can eat an onion like an apple i'd be impressed tbh, i can barely eat onion even if it's only little diced pieces

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

if you can eat an onion like an apple i'd be impressed tbh, i can barely eat onion even if it's only little diced pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchE5c-cYnM

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Is this the first ever print appearance of the word "dude"??

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'm impressed

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Political Cartoons 2017: Lobsters with dude ideas about custard pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbI-fDzUJXI

Cool story, bro

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Xenoveritas posted:

It never was a good talking point, but it's not about comparing Obama to Trump. It dates to the 2008 election and was a racist dog-whistle to suggest that Obama wasn't really an excellent speaker, he only sounded that way because of the teleprompter. It's way a certain cartoonist (McCoy, I think?) would always show Smug-bama with teleprompters: the dog whistle is that Obama can't possibly really be a great speaker, it must be the technology.

Okay, yeah, I was aware of that, I just thought you were saying that there's a new talking point rationalizing Trump's public speaking ability. Just a misunderstanding on my part.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sandpuppy posted:

Cool story, bro

"10 minutes later, it was no big deal."
That kind of sounds like he spent 10 minutes jacking off or something.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Death Ray posted:

Is this the first ever print appearance of the word "dude"??

No

Everett is using the word in its older meaning of "dandy".

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

There needs to be a term for cartoonists who focus on the opposition's frustration rather than their own party's actions. Like making the "enemy" mad is more important than actual progress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DMCrimson posted:

There needs to be a term for cartoonists who focus on the opposition's frustration rather than their own party's actions. Like making the "enemy" mad is more important than actual progress.

"Republican" :v:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DMCrimson posted:

There also needs to be a term for cartoonists who decide to depict the opposition as crying and acknowledging that your party is totally right and they are so mad about it.

"loving hack"?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Cat Mattress posted:

No

As in a "dude ranch" where city folk can go play cowboy for a weekend

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

WW1 germans weren't nazis tho...and draft dodging is a good thing, i thought he was a good guy :(

The Kaiser was a loudmouth of epic proportions, very similar to Trump actually in terms of impact and consequences.
(But the kaiser didn't have the power Trump has.)

Seriusly, I can't think of anyone more appropriate to recive a True rebuke.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

oddium posted:

people who care about other people's steak are weird. don't give two beans about steak, or eating an onion like an apple, or ketchup on hotdogs, or rhode island putting sauce on cheese-less breadsticks and calling it party pizza
I put mayo on my hot dogs.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Johnny Walker posted:

I put mayo on my hot dogs.

ah... "mayo" (may you) feast in peace friend

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy Granola posted:

As in a "dude ranch" where city folk can go play cowboy for a weekend

*blink*

loving hell, it's been 20 years since Kjeldoran Outpost came out and now I find out why it's nicknamed Dude Ranch? I thought it was just a funny sounding term for a land that made dudes.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's defeat in the Lords – Peers voted in favour of an amendment calling on the government to secure the rights of EU citizens in the UK"

Telegraph:

Theresa May gives up crisps for Lent

Independent:

Trump hails 'new chapter in American greatness' in Congress speech

Times:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

WW1 germans weren't nazis tho...and draft dodging is a good thing, i thought he was a good guy :(

Like a lot of popular media in the US, True suddenly got very jingoistic as soon as the US entered WWI (he'd previously beaten up people more than once who'd been yammering on about the war in Europe. As such, I tend to think that Condo was probably both going with the mood of the times and also being sure he wouldn't get singled out as a yellow coward who didn't sufficiently hate the murderous hun.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Republicans and Fox News going against Obama: Fine, PROUD, American patriots going against the evil Communist king.

Democrats and MSM going against Trump: CUCK LOSER LIMP DICK LOSER DORKS WHO NEED A RATTLE, loving DICKFACE LOSER BITCH FUCKS.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Like a lot of popular media in the US, True suddenly got very jingoistic as soon as the US entered WWI (he'd previously beaten up people more than once who'd been yammering on about the war in Europe. As such, I tend to think that Condo was probably both going with the mood of the times and also being sure he wouldn't get singled out as a yellow coward who didn't sufficiently hate the murderous hun.

The Lusitania did generate genuine outrage among many in the US. It's not out of the realm of possibility that events changed his mind on supporting the war, rather than deciding to support the war as a purely cynical act of conforming to popular opinion.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Political Cartoons 2017: No baby! No baby! You're the baby!

This happened once during his campaign, he gave one on message speech and the Right was tripping over itself to declare him "presidential". That didn't last.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/OkButStill/status/837389554915160065/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

???

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

CountFosco posted:

The Lusitania did generate genuine outrage among many in the US. It's not out of the realm of possibility that events changed his mind on supporting the war, rather than deciding to support the war as a purely cynical act of conforming to popular opinion.

Possibly, but the Lusitania went down in 1915 and True doesn't get hugely jingoistic until late 1917 (after the US enters the war), so if that was the case it was something of a slow boil.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dow Soars! Economy Humming!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Spain's Infanta princess was recently exonerated of a major embezzlement charge, claiming her husband was in charge of all financial concerns in their jointly owned company.

So a satirical paper published the following front cover:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/bBZWpj2.jpg :nws:

"The Princess in Jail - but only during conjugal visits".

The journal's response to threats of a lawsuit etc? "We honestly don't know anything. The subject of front covers is handled entirely by our husbands."

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 2, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cat Mattress posted:

No

loving hipsters with their silverware! "Oooh lah-di-dah, I always keep my food and my hands at one remove." :arghfist::corsair:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

He's not human.

Footage of him rebooting when a logic processor is overloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Starshark posted:

He's not human.

Footage of him rebooting when a logic processor is overloaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

the little head-nod really does make him look like an animatronic robot glitching out

also the cricket chirping near the end was perfect

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

Spain's Infanta princess was recently exonerated of a major embezzlement charge, claiming her husband was in charge of all financial concerns in their jointly owned company.

So a satirical paper published the following front cover:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/bBZWpj2.jpg :nws:

"The Princess in Jail - but only during conjugal visits".

The journal's response to threats of a lawsuit etc? "We honestly don't know anything. The subject of front covers is handled entirely by our husbands."

Apparently that's something of a recurring joke for them.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I hope this clears up any confusion from previous cartoons about how Dees feels about Trump now.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

CampingCarl posted:

I hope this clears up any confusion from previous cartoons about how Dees feels about Trump now.

I like how his cabinet filled with neo nazis and nazi apologists is labeled with a Star of David. Stay true to your crazy, Dees.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

How does this square with Dees' affection for Putin?

You know what, never mind. Just looking at this thing makes me feel like I've irreparably tainted my moral fiber.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

CampingCarl posted:

Man if you've lost Dees you've lost... ... some fringe part of America, probably.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 2, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Why is there a turtle? I don't see Jeb...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

Why is there a turtle? I don't see Jeb...

That's actually Mitch McConnell.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CampingCarl posted:

somebody rearranged dees' pile of Ivanka Trump pumps, didn't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

CampingCarl posted:

The giant Star of David lurking behind the Capitol is a nice touch. Just in case you didn't pick up the message from the rest of them.

No chemtrails though.

• Locked thread