Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Voters give a lot of credit to playing games, that's how Liliard won ROY over Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lillard averaged 19/6.5 assists though and was arguably better than Davis anyway. Here there's a canyon-sized gap between Embiid and someone like Brogdon or Hield. If Saric keeps balling out of his mind, maybe he should have a chance.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Lillard had a better case for RotY than Davis did. He played more minutes, was the focus on offense, and had more production.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Davis was better by a lot and should still have won it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
ROTY should obviously go to ron baker

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Does Ron Baker still have a stupid haircut?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Normally I'd think Embiid's amount of minutes should disqualify a player from the ROTY. But per36, he's #4 in the NBA in scoring and #1 in blocks. That's too good to ignore.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Does Ron Baker still have a stupid haircut?

The dumbest!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

Ron Baker sounds like the name of an owner of a used car lot

Or someone who sells insurance

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NotWearingPants posted:

Normally I'd think Embiid's amount of minutes should disqualify a player from the ROTY. But per36, he's #4 in the NBA in scoring and #1 in blocks. That's too good to ignore.

5th. Josh Huestis is #1. All-star snub.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

The dumbest!

Dumber than Elfrid Payton's?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid is also an all star in personality and media presence which counts imho

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Usually I don't think RotY should go to someone that didn't have to play through the rookie wall but this year is trash so who cares

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/swhtown30/status/837173147543748608

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A partial answer to IcePhoenix's question the other day

https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/837376189664804864

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/matt_mullin/status/837379006416752640

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

A partial answer to IcePhoenix's question the other day

https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/837376189664804864

Owns

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Denver Goons: If I wanted to see the Nuggest/Celtics game in Denver on the 10th, are you usually able to get decent tickets via scalpers outside the game? Or should I try to get them ahead of time?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brogdon would be the first second round pick to ever win ROTY I think. But as mentioned it's probably Saric.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Someone help me get some of this

It's just a shame it's an IPA, much like every new beer that gets released

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol the Warriors cut Calderon to make room for Barnes. He got $415K for two hours of being on the team.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lockback posted:

Denver Goons: If I wanted to see the Nuggest/Celtics game in Denver on the 10th, are you usually able to get decent tickets via scalpers outside the game? Or should I try to get them ahead of time?

My experience in Toronto is that scalpers are always much more expensive than just buying tickets. Always the chance that they are already scanned/fake too.

Just hit up stubhub and buy a pair off a season ticket holder

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I like Barnes on the Warriors. He fits their physical profile, long arms, and brings back some toughness and I'll loving fight you character they lost with Bogut

@ShamsCharania
Free agent Terrence Jones has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks for the rest of the season, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm glad Milwaukee's not giving up on the playoffs. T Jones has been putting up real numbers in new orleans and looking like an NBA player. Although his issues are obvious

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol the Warriors cut Calderon to make room for Barnes. He got $415K for two hours of being on the team.

Does that mean Calderon can't be in the playoffs?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder posted:

I'm sipping a sour hibiscus beer right now and nodding in agreement

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Femur posted:

Why was there this change?

Did players learn to outlet pass over time? I kind remember in the 90s, announcers talked about fast break points all the time.

Or maybd teams just get better at offense so that getting multiple chances in a possession didn't matter as much?

Or was it your thing about big men not mattering much, thus good teams not concentrating resources on them?

Rule changes, increasing offensive efficiency, the rise in 3P shooting, small ball, decreasing post-ups, rebounding talent saturation levels.

RCarr posted:

I agree it may not be as important as it was in the past, but saying rebounding barely matters is insane. Just because two of the best teams to ever play in the NBA, currently happen to be weak at rebounding (while being historically great at every other aspect) doesn't mean rebounding is worthless.

I just gave the proof across all thirty teams this season. I didn't say it doesn't matter at all and that a team should attempt zero rebounds in a game. A .02 correlation is about as close as you can get to meaninglessness.

It's clear that rebounding is not an important determinant in team WP% right now when it once was basically the most important thing in the early 1970s.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

What's the rough theoretical ceiling on 3PA in a game?

75-80?

A team could take all 80-90 shots from 3P land if they wanted to.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

should've been a limited edition farm house ale that they only had on tap every other game

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

@ShamsCharania
Free agent Terrence Jones has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks for the rest of the season, league sources tell @TheVertical.

I'm glad Milwaukee's not giving up on the playoffs. T Jones has been putting up real numbers in new orleans and looking like an NBA player. Although his issues are obvious

I wish Portland would trade or sign this guy next season. Need some home grown dudes lighting it up.

And ya know, maybe he could help with our homeless problem. Walk the Springwater Corridor at night, should get people moving.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

From what I gather on Twitter, the Nuggets will have the largest amount of available tickets of any arena. Just go on stubhub, ticketmaster, etc. and get your tickets from there.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

TheShazbot posted:

I wish Portland would trade or sign this guy next season. Need some home grown dudes lighting it up.

And ya know, maybe he could help with our homeless problem. Walk the Springwater Corridor at night, should get people moving.

Hahaha, that's loving brutal

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Intruder posted:

shoulda been a barrel aged stout

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why make anything else when you can just throw a poo poo ton of hops in it and ferment it at room temperature?

Oh also call it something non-establishment and trendy like Old Man Beard IPA

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

shoulda been a barrel aged stout

Doltos posted:

Oh also call it something non-establishment and trendy like Old Man Beard IPA

no guys that's the new james harden beer

e: every bottle has a guaranteed 1ppm of real beard sweat

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 3, 2017

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

chunkles posted:

no guys that's the new james harden beer

e: every bottle has a guaranteed 1ppm of real beard sweat

Rogue made a "brewmaster's beard yeast" beer once, I tried it, it was good. I still can't grow a loving beard worth a drat though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'd buy that Process IPA and I'd buy a James Harden beer.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Rookie of the Year Yogi Ferrell. Done.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

James Harden would have one of those boozy root beers, obviously.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/28/james-harden-the-beard-houston-rockets-mike-dantoni

this article is interesting in general, heres a few quotes (1/2 harden redemption, half d'antoni redemption)

quote:

[On picking D'Antoni']The Rockets knew they’d be panned for supposedly neglecting their D, but they were lining up behind their Beard. “Let’s not put a boat anchor on Secretariat,” Morey concluded, during a staff meeting at the end of the search. “Let’s double down.”

quote:

They currently lead the league in threes, made and attempted, and D’Antoni bets those numbers will rise across the board with time. “The other night Denver made 24 threes,” D’Antoni says. “That’s where basketball is going. Five years from now, that won’t be unbelievable. Teams will be 25 for 50, 25 for 40. Guys will start practicing from an earlier age and the percentage will keep going up.”

quote:

The pick-and-roll is the most common set in the NBA, and according to Houston’s data, no one has used it more efficiently than Harden since the stat was first tracked more than 15 years ago.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

Liliard

What is the name for this special aphasia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles