Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Paris would be cool if there wasn't just one single corridor that mattered. North is a mutually acknowledged mexican standoff. Middle is a piss trap that no one travels through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So I just saw a review of the AMX 13 105 and the new tech tree (I guess they make you grind the lovely replacement 13 75 to get to the Batchat 25t, AMX 13 90 and AMX 30 proto, so 600k xp for that one tank lol).

The AMX 13 105 is unsurprisingly, pretty poo poo compared to what the other LTs look like. I does get better gun handling than the 13 90 and 10 degrees of gun depression but just about nothing else redeemable.

The thought in my mind is how the gently caress with all the arty/LT changes they will rework the reward missions. Right now they are the most annoying ones now that MT missions have been reworked, but with the general light tank nerfs and meta shifting toward closer in heavy tank brawling to pen the slew of superheavies in city maps how they can reasonably reward players in a way not based entirely on dumb luck.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

Paris would be cool if there wasn't just one single corridor that mattered. North is a mutually acknowledged mexican standoff. Middle is a piss trap that no one travels through.

Center is actually fine - the enemy can't realistically sit on the corners closest to the center because that's like the only place artillery can hit, and there's no cover. Once your team has started winning in the south, you can swing around and get shots down into it from the center which makes your team start steamrolling, but this only works when your team is already starting to win in the south, because otherwise the enemy team just turns and shoots at you and suddenly you're stuck in no man's land.

The map would be better off with the north being a 100% mirror of the south.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The MT missions have been reworked? Or is the current tree the reworked tree and I still have to rely on the MM to gift me with enough TDs?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Azhais posted:

It's probably because everyone's favorite tank class, artillery, would be utterly useless in that environment

Perish the thought people get some shelter from the dedicated arty scumbags. I don't mind arty players that just do it for a fun rmp here and there, but the ones with triple perk crews and played arty continuously can go eat poo poo. I'd rather enjoy playing a map without having to worry about being one shotted by some scumlord in a GW Panther or something

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Perish the thought people get some shelter from the dedicated arty scumbags. I don't mind arty players that just do it for a fun rmp here and there, but the ones with triple perk crews and played arty continuously can go eat poo poo. I'd rather enjoy playing a map without having to worry about being one shotted by some scumlord in a GW Panther or something

same

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Bad time to mention I aced my GW Panther again last night? I only need another 90 000 exp before I stop playing it. And start playing the GW Tiger (P).

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

Also the tanks are bad. it is not possible to enjoy < tier 5.

Late response but my Pz2J begs to differ :colbert:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

e: I'm a green square suck it

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

e: I'm a green square suck it

i'll see you in hell

Michaellaneous posted:

Late response but my Pz2J begs to differ :colbert:

an exception to the rule imo

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

ROFLburger posted:

an exception to the rule imo

Friend, have you heard about the SU-85B?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've given up trying to do TD15 with a SU-152, I keep getting within like 1 shot of doing it but the loving thing is too slow / too blind or too whatever but I don't like this tank, or play TD's much. I'll probably buy a Skorpion G which I'm pretty sure can do all the TD missions, whats that other US Scorpion thing? any good? I don't have many nazi tanks and no interest in Hitler TD's but I got a T67 at least and will probably buy a T-25/2 someday when I got credits / it's on sale. Help me waste money.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Have we talked about this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XTKfJaszA

Now the pubbies are going to be even more distracted by things that aren't the tanks they should be shooting.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fat Jesus posted:

I've given up trying to do TD15 with a SU-152, I keep getting within like 1 shot of doing it but the loving thing is too slow / too blind or too whatever but I don't like this tank, or play TD's much. I'll probably buy a Skorpion G which I'm pretty sure can do all the TD missions, whats that other US Scorpion thing? any good? I don't have many nazi tanks and no interest in Hitler TD's but I got a T67 at least and will probably buy a T-25/2 someday when I got credits / it's on sale. Help me waste money.

From what I've heard the US scorpion's gun is ok. It can handle up to tier 9s when aimed in the right spots, but the armor is like 1mm thick because it had to be super light weight, so any ideas of using it beyond hiding at the back of the map and hoping arty doesn't land a shell within 50 meters of you are out the window.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Now the pubbies are going to be even more distracted by things that aren't the tanks they should be shooting.

This looks dope af tho

im the hd penis on the statue

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I'm the naked dude's butt cheeks in front of him

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cartoon posted:

Bad time to mention I aced my GW Panther again last night? I only need another 90 000 exp before I stop playing it. And start playing the GW Tiger (P).

Stop at the GW Panther.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Any word on Italian shitboxes?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Finished the HT-12-4 and HT-15-4 missions in the VK7201. It was quite easy when the enemy doesn't just load HE. Good times.

This was not good times. 5 minutes on Himmelsdorf and my team just did not try to shoot the enemy.

SocketWrench posted:

From what I've heard the US scorpion's gun is ok. It can handle up to tier 9s when aimed in the right spots, but the armor is like 1mm thick because it had to be super light weight, so any ideas of using it beyond hiding at the back of the map and hoping arty doesn't land a shell within 50 meters of you are out the window.

The US Scorpion is very bad. They gave them out for rentals once and had a mission attached, and I dragged Exia into platooning with me in it. It's just a worse Hellcat at tier 7, which isn't acceptable.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I can't wait to buy a Chrysler.

That thang got a Hemi? :getin:

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Would anyone happen to have the keys to NDP or SGLE? And if they do can Crazedkid103 get an invite? Would like the crying Lenin or bullet bill back so that lovely pubbies stop messaging me after every few game asking me to join their lovely clan that wants to get into clam wars. Much appreciated.

OMFG you could join the actual active goon clan, PANSY....

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Also jesus christ there's a lot of new countries, what the gently caress

Is Czechoslovakia worth exploring at all? Or Sweden? There's little writeups of China and Japan in the OP but those two are a mystery to me

e: The t1 Sweden tank looks really weird and hilarious so I might give them a shot actually

Start the Czech line at tier 6, thank me later. (I mean I guess the tier 3 with the autoloader is OK. But still....)

Japan is OK, just a little ridiculous; the MTs are fine the HTs are gigantic boxes that have been nerfed and/or buffed.

The Swedes are pretty...interesting.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Seriously what the gently caress happened to this game's player base though, did everyone move to Wart Hunder

It's as bad as it's ever been. :shrug:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is the KV1S still fun with the howitzer (and gold, was it?)

Kinda looking to faff about with the other 2 skill russian heavy crew I have that's sitting in the Churchill III

The 122 howitzer is actually decent at tier 5, and I prefer the KV1S over the KV1 so go for it.

NotWearingPants posted:

Why don't they just get rid of east coast and west coast servers and stick one server in the middle, like Chicago or Texas or something?

+1 for ChiServer.

thylacine posted:

The SU-100m camo cracks me up, I've had heavies across the street from me not spot me if I'm in a bush.

And I guess I don't get to be in a clan, the "processing" ended on my invite with nothing, oh well.

I sent you another invite.

Hellsau posted:

Center is actually fine - the enemy can't realistically sit on the corners closest to the center because that's like the only place artillery can hit, and there's no cover. Once your team has started winning in the south, you can swing around and get shots down into it from the center which makes your team start steamrolling, but this only works when your team is already starting to win in the south, because otherwise the enemy team just turns and shoots at you and suddenly you're stuck in no man's land.

The map would be better off with the north being a 100% mirror of the south.

Yeah, they need to mirror every map so that neither side gets a loving advantage.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I kinda like the Hellcat. I've been having fun and racking up damage with it. It just really sucks when your team decides to go belly up which is like every match. I've only had two games in the past few days where my team was aggressive. Every other time they hit some resistance and bogged down to be picked off one at a time.
This includes one Tiger II that took a ricochet from one of the mediums out front I was sniping at and decided it was time to bail and took off. Since it was just him and me on the flank I got swarmed and he got chased down.

I'm just so tired of seeing my teams melt. At least Charter's been a fucker and only letting me get a few games in before the lag is so horrendous my response time is measured in minutes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Wargaming wants their Stronghold mode to fail, just like they wanted the Company mode to fail, Historical Battles to fail, and Rampage mode to fail. Games only on NA West, only for a certain time of day, and loving air raid and artillery consumables in tier 6 strongholds that also reward you with a %boost to your boxes received that effectively pays for itself if you win? gently caress off Wargaming.

Also only MT-15 and TD-15 left for the 260. Have some replays of the VK7201.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3394368#teams - team did nothing, VK still did great.
http://wotreplays.com/site/3394369#mines-chillsau-vk_72_01_k - next game, HT-12-4 done, 3x my HP bounced and a....sufficient amount of damage done.
http://wotreplays.com/site/3394370#fisherman_s_bay-chillsau-vk_72_01_k - second game after HT-12-4, we lose because I was worried about cap and our T-54 Light was intentionally stat badding :(

So yeah the VK45.02 will unlock a really good tank, but it will never be as fancy a pixel tank as mine.

SocketWrench posted:

I kinda like the Hellcat. I've been having fun and racking up damage with it. It just really sucks when your team decides to go belly up which is like every match. I've only had two games in the past few days where my team was aggressive. Every other time they hit some resistance and bogged down to be picked off one at a time.
This includes one Tiger II that took a ricochet from one of the mediums out front I was sniping at and decided it was time to bail and took off. Since it was just him and me on the flank I got swarmed and he got chased down.

I'm just so tired of seeing my teams melt. At least Charter's been a fucker and only letting me get a few games in before the lag is so horrendous my response time is measured in minutes.

The Hellcat was roughly three times better than it is now shortly after gold ammo for credits, before it got nerfed. It's still fine, but it's not the terror of the battlefield anymore.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

That may not be Charters fault. I have been getting sudden bouts of packet loss lasting 20 to 40 minutes at time. If I go play Team Fortress or Counter strike everything is fine.

As to the Hellcat, it is now as good as it used to be, but remember you can go somewhere else. Don't try to hold a flank by yourself.

If you are good at light tanks, you can probably deal the the M56 Scorpion. Much of the same running away, peaking, etc. Just realize you are blind as poo poo and should always have a worthless pubbie to be your vision / meatshield.

HFX fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 3, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Wargaming wants their Stronghold mode to fail, just like they wanted the Company mode to fail, Historical Battles to fail, and Rampage mode to fail. Games only on NA West, only for a certain time of day, and loving air raid and artillery consumables in tier 6 strongholds that also reward you with a %boost to your boxes received that effectively pays for itself if you win? gently caress off Wargaming.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Skirmishes are now on West for some reason, that's pretty odd. Especially considering that after the server split CW was explicitly East-only, presumably due to the population disparity....

Skirmishes only for a narrow window is also peculiar, particularly because they seem to end abruptly at midnight when people are still on and playing. At least let them run until server restart, which is like 0500-0600 or whatever.

Also, I guess I feel honored that I was enough of a threat (in my Ikv 65, no less) to have been targeted by an airstrike during at least one Skirmish match. :rolleyes:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Heh, took out a Lowe with my T26E5 and of all the guys lit on my team over near me, all three arty started dropping shells on me.

HFX posted:

That may not be Charters fault. I have been getting sudden bouts of packet loss lasting 20 to 40 minutes at time. If I go play Team Fortress or Counter strike everything is fine.

No, this is definitely my provider because everything else lags till it times out, even my web browser. I kinda live in the boonies and service always sucks out here, especially when it's rainy or cold or hot or sunny.

quote:

Just realize you are blind as poo poo and should always have a worthless pubbie to be your vision / meatshield.

Yeah, one of those "looks good on paper" things. In reality the pubbies are either dead after the first minute or in the back making GBS threads themselves stupid....er.
Hell, when that Tiger II ran away I could almost hear that cry the one snail does from Turbo when they get introduced to the snail racing poo poo

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 3, 2017

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Prav posted:

the only thing holding back WGs mapping is their insistence on making incredibly lovely maps

Bring back Komarin and Dragon Ridge imo

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Blindeye posted:

how they can reasonably reward players in a way not based entirely on dumb luck.

WG are just fine with rewarding nothing but dumb luck. See [url=http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/170975-earn-op-defender-of-the-fatherland/]this op right here]/url] that was so bad they didn't even put the actual details anywhere but in-game. In short, do 500+ damage in a tier 3+ USSR tank to get a "loot drop". Loot drop = random pick of one of 10 rewards: 1k credits, 2k credits, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% bonus exp, 25%, 50% or 75% bonus crew exp, or a medal. Need 5 medals for the tank. Now, despite the text saying the odds for the drops are random, what they meant was weighted random. 80%+ of drops was 1k credits, 2k credits, and the 25% of either exp reward. There was an awful lot of anger in that thread, and people with 100+ loot drops and maybe 1 medal.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Bring back Komarin and Dragon Ridge imo

Dragon Ridge exists on console. But they flattened it so much I'm not sure ridge is a good name any more.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I didn't even know Dragon Ridge existed until I played it in clan wars. It seemed like a pretty awesome map despite looking like a Super Mario level.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

hey if they want to make the game prettier maybe they could start by distributing the full-res tank textures they've been just sitting on ever since they started doing HD tanks.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3394368#teams - team did nothing, VK still did great.
http://wotreplays.com/site/3394369#mines-chillsau-vk_72_01_k - next game, HT-12-4 done, 3x my HP bounced and a....sufficient amount of damage done.
http://wotreplays.com/site/3394370#fisherman_s_bay-chillsau-vk_72_01_k - second game after HT-12-4, we lose because I was worried about cap and our T-54 Light was intentionally stat badding :(

You know the 7201 gets to carry ten more rounds this patch, right? You're going into battle without a full load of ammo. You have become the pubbie.

A large pool of HEAT is still necessary with the superheavy meta but I'm currently doing 16/16/3 and might even switch to 15/15/5 just to have more HE. HE is the new meta and it makes me so angry in my Defender.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Opinions on the WZ111 and the Type62?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wz-111 is on par with the is-6 now that it has been buffed. It plays pretty much the same, it is just as armour bouncy but it does get a bigger gun I think.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

People who have been doing stronghold matches, tell me something. Do you ever face teams with a far different composition than yours? Do you ever see a team with 2 more heavies or a team that has arty when yours doesn't?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

Opinions on the WZ111 and the Type62?

Type 62: Great premium scout. Pretty competitive with the WZ-131 but a bit detuned. Great trainer for your Chinese light crew.

WZ-111: Similar to the IS-6 and WZ-112. DPM suffers just a hair from the IS-6, but is better than the 112. Has better aim time and soft gun stats, but loses 1 degree of gun depression. Has better gold rounds, but they are heat. Rounds are all 390 damage. Tank is relatively quick, and as better medium ground resistances, while suffering on soft ground. Better frontal armor, but does suffer from the pike nose syndrome. My own experiences is that it is easier to damage from the side or angle than the IS-6 and more exposed ammo racks. Overall a decent preferential mm tank, but suffers against the new meta premiums.

SocketWrench posted:

No, this is definitely my provider because everything else lags till it times out, even my web browser. I kinda live in the boonies and service always sucks out here, especially when it's rainy or cold or hot or sunny.

Check the to make sure your line is properly attached to the ground where it comes in at. If that doesn't fix it, call and complain every time it acts up. Don't happen to have access to a spectrum analyzer do you? I'm willing to bet your signal to noise ratio is going to poo poo.

HFX fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 3, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

You know the 7201 gets to carry ten more rounds this patch, right? You're going into battle without a full load of ammo. You have become the pubbie.

A large pool of HEAT is still necessary with the superheavy meta but I'm currently doing 16/16/3 and might even switch to 15/15/5 just to have more HE. HE is the new meta and it makes me so angry in my Defender.

Lol welp glad I almost ran out of ammo instead of actually ran out!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

People who have been doing stronghold matches, tell me something. Do you ever face teams with a far different composition than yours? Do you ever see a team with 2 more heavies or a team that has arty when yours doesn't?

We ran all lights for awhile last night and actually did quite well. We generally will face All Croms + a scout, 2 heavies 1 scout rest croms. Guess those are the go to comps.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh hey 3/5/7 is actually happening. nice. there'll also be 0/5/10 matches for when the MM has too many of some tiers. 0/0/15 will also be possible.

and if i'm reading this right if a strict 357 isn't possible the MM will add more low-tier tanks rather than high-tier ones so you'll get like 249 or 339. so good riddance to 12/2/1 bullshit.

lights, TDs and arty will be mirrored in number across teams. arty is capping at 3 per side. multi-tier idiot platoons are also getting killed. maps will be picked by looking at what the players involved have played recently and avoiding those maps. lotta good stuff.

Prav fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 3, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

and if i'm reading this right if a strict 357 isn't possible the MM will add more low-tier tanks rather than high-tier ones so you'll get like 249 or 339. so good riddance to 12/2/1 bullshit.

Going to rebuy the SU-152 when this MM goes live. Golden gun the poo poo out of all the tier 5's in the battle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

+1/-1 when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

:belarus:

:belarus:

Hellsau posted:

+1/-1 when

geeze get a load of this baby