Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

rovert posted:

Sorry to interrupt this Robert Roode talk and all but I was politely saying NXT thinks Hero is too indie, doesn't play to the cameras and has a poo poo look.

He was good at playing to the camera the one time i saw him on nxt so far. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

rovert posted:

Sorry to interrupt this Robert Roode talk and all but I was politely saying NXT thinks Hero is too indie, doesn't play to the cameras and has a poo poo look.

why'd they bring him back?

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

rovert posted:

Those things are all true. I'll watch him wrestle any time, but to get invested in his story he'd have to have a look and character more fitting of his shitbody. Like somewhere between Mankind and Stan Hansen. And drop the pretty boy moves that he uses. If he acted like a big, ugly elbow monster he'd be on the main roster already.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Probably true, but I'm sure that 40 year old career mediocre indie guy Robert Roode is the future of WWE, on account of them giving him a theme song that people like

Furthermore, Tye Dillinger is a future world champ and Blue Pants is the truth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

So the indies couldn't have him

They're torn between hating the people they sign, and hating other companies (who are competing with them) profiting from said people. Inevitably they'll hate the former less in this situation

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

He had a lot of hype with the demo they want for NXT and they think he can draw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

He had a lot of hype with the demo they want for NXT and they think he can draw

However if they refuse to put him over or use him effectively, they're basically going to kill his ability to draw with that crowd. 8 minute TV matches with the Drifter aren't why he got the hype on the indies.

I'm afraid they're going to try and use him to put over Almas and it's going to do the same thing that using Tye for that did, where not enough of the people in the building care about Almas/Sombra and they all love Hero, so poor Andrade gets buried by going over the guy the audience wants.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The only thing that would really get me to pay attention to NXT at this point is an Almas push

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I honestly would prefer a fatal four way between Nakamura/Ohno/Roode/Almas than two singles matches even if Ohno/Almas has the potential to be one of the better matches of the weekend.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I figured turning Almas heel would have been the start of his push but they've been doing nothing with him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I figured turning Almas heel would have been the start of his push but they've been doing nothing with him.

It's fairly typical WWE booking to turn a guy just to turn him, not actually having an angle in mind that would matter or heat him up/put anyone else over. See also: Ziggler, Dolph, 2017.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Why the hell is Trips hot on the Drifter? I'd be super fine never seeing him on TV ever again

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mfcrocker posted:

Why the hell is Trips hot on the Drifter? I'd be super fine never seeing him on TV ever again
He's well liked and has the body that they like, plus whether X-Pac heat or not he still gets heat regardless and people like seeing him get his rear end kicked.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

mfcrocker posted:

The Drifter is inexplicably really good at drawing heat. I was at a house show in Detroit and he got one of the louder reactions before he even did his heel act (which was playing a song that got drowned out by boos before the match). One of the louder reactions was when he got kicked in the face by Sami Zayn after Tye got injured and they sent him out to attack Sami because they still needed Sami to do his finisher to make the crowd happy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Drifter has the early Roddy Piper heat like when he would come out and purposely play the bagpipes like poo poo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's good easy heat to get, and that's totally cool and fun. My issue with the drifter is I feel like there is someone backstage who feels that he can be the next top babyface badass character.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The_Rob posted:

It's good easy heat to get, and that's totally cool and fun. My issue with the drifter is I feel like there is someone backstage who feels that he can be the next top babyface badass character.

They might be right. Nobody thought Baron Corbin was going to be as good as he is today a year ago.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I've mostly turned the corner on Corbin, mainly due to his Talking Smack stuff. I still wish they'd find a way to get characters over on their actual TV shows instead of a half-kayfabe talk panel aftershow, but it's still done wonders for a few people.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/837438548521418752

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/837442483286065152

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They're doing a trump angle with Dutch.

They're also doing another independent trump angle with Lashley.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
these tapings sound completely ridiculous and bruce pritchard's titantron was his fuckin podcast

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

They're doing a trump angle with Dutch.

They're also doing another independent trump angle with Lashley.

I want Dutch to start building a wall around Universal Studios

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/837456615204868097

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/837475891487916032

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA spoilers

Xplosion: ODB defeats Laurel Van Ness
Trevor Lee wins a 6 way with Konley, Rockett, Andrew Everett, DJZ, and Idris Abraham
Angelina Love defeats Angel Rose. Love and Davey are the Natural Born Killers now

Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards brawl
Borash is the new commentator, tells Josh Mathews Anthem wants someone fans like. He disrespected the fans and legends, so it was time for a change. Tenay mentored him, but because Josh got fired from WWE, the dummy old owners chose him first. Josh says he sat under JR and called Mania; Borash responds he's friends with JR and he thinks Josh sucks
Reno Scum defeat DCC. Post-match DCC argue among themselves, teasing yet another tag breakup
Braxton Sutter wins a four-way featuring Marshe Rockett, DJZ, and Caleb Konley
Cody prevents Brandi from fighting KC Quinn, offering KC $45 to leave; $20 more than she'd earn with the fight. Cody challenges Moose for the Grand title. Rosemary attacks KC
Bruce Pritchard says Impact had hope years ago. TNA is dead, Impact Wrestling going forward. Face of the company is Lashley. Alberto Del Rio out to challenge him. EC3 says Del Rio must earn it, but Lashley says EC3 certainly hasn't
Dutch says the fans will make Impact great again. MAGA count at 3 (Pritchard, Lashley, Dutch)
Garza Jr and Laredo Kid defeat Eli Drake and Tyrus
Sienna defeats Racheal Ellering
Slammiversary July 2
Del Rio vs Lashley ends in 2 ref bumps, Dusty Finish, closing argument between everyone, and Del Rio leaving with the belt. Is he champ? Stay tuned tomorrow!
Moose vs Eli Drake doesn't happen, Cody attacks Moose
Moose retains the Grand title against Cody. Bruce Pritchard is the third judge. Pritchard's Titantron is just his podcast logo

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 3, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

free rachael ellering

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmao Alberto DE Patron wins

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Tato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Never loving change TNA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

By that logic, BrokAn Matt Hardy should be A-OK to show up on Raw! (It's spelled different so it's totally distinct!)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao tna

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Honestly hosed up that so much stupid/funny stuff happened there that the one that's bound to be forgotten is Cody Rhodes paying someone more than the company to specifically not wrestle

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is so loving funny

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

Honestly hosed up that so much stupid/funny stuff happened there that the one that's bound to be forgotten is Cody Rhodes paying someone more than the company to specifically not wrestle

And also that being FORTY FIVE DOLLARS

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

TNA's talent for blowing the bottom out of the barrel and finding a new sub-basement never ceases to impress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

More stuff

Moose vs Eli Drake doesn't happen, Cody attacks Moose
Moose retains the Grand title against Cody. Bruce Pritchard is the third judge. Pritchard's Titantron is just his podcast logo

Xplosion:
Trevor Lee wins a 6 way with Konley, Rockett, Andrew Everett, DJZ, and Idris Abraham
Angelina Love defeats Angel Rose. Love and Davey are the Natural Born Killers now

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Love and Davey are the Natural Born Killers now
loving lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola