Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

As I look at my application on the boeing site I'm giving a deep sigh.
It's okay though, we're winning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bingo. Look up Struggle Sessions.

Bad timing to bring up his familiarity with communist tradition.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Twitter dump incoming, because jfc

As we speak, some screenwriter in Hollywood is banging out a first draft of a movie based on this, it's going to be an awesome spy thriller about how a meeting in some dinky Cafe in Amsterdam changed the course of global geopolitics forever. It's going to be great, I'm talking Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy awesome.

Sometimes I think these things happen just so movies can be made out of them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/02/tom-hanks-sends-espresso-machine-to-help-white-house-press-fight-for-truth

:patriot:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lol 2nd most popular article: https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2017/mar/02/justin-trudeau-world-leaders-photos

:canada:

edit:

:lol:

https://twitter.com/spacecrone/status/837323737389203456

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If trump gets impeached lowtax should permaban everyone that toxxed for trump

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Bill Mauldin is one of my favorite cartoonists. He really depicts the stupidity of the every day life of the grunt accurately.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ethics Classes for appointees are cancelled:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/polit...linkId=35054731

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Jokers Gamble posted:

Bill Mauldin is one of my favorite cartoonists. He really depicts the stupidity of the every day life of the grunt accurately.

I have this and it's great.

https://www.amazon.com/Willie-Joe-Years-Bill-Mauldin/dp/1606994395/

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Bought it. I've been reading a book by my personal hero, Ernie Pyle, and he actually wrote about Mauldin.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
this guy

this fukken guy

https://twitter.com/indystartony/status/837457267628859392

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ahem.

BENGAZIIIIIIIIIII

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:allbuttons:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Lock him up?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I'm sensing a pattern here...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Watch Trump start a w...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/03/white-house-explores-using-military-force-against-n-korea.html?mid=facebook_nymag

:catstare: I'm so loving glad I'm outprocessing the guard Saturday.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man you can call NK a lot of things, but “greatest immediate threat” is a loving joke

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Man you can call NK a lot of things, but “greatest immediate threat” is a loving joke

Just avoid practical jokers with VX. And don't be a member of the Kim family.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It is once we stick our dick in it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

No arguments there, haha. It would make Iraq/Afganistan look like child's play probably, and RIP Seoul and its 20 mil inhabitants

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Maybe we will finally figure out the pull out method.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TBeats posted:

Maybe we will finally figure out the pull out method.

NK wears one of those anti-rape condoms.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

North Korea would be an immediate MASCAL event followed by an immediate humanitarian crisis. Like Pearl Harbor followed by Haiti.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Why America joke?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

psydude posted:

North Korea would be an immediate MASCAL event followed by an immediate humanitarian crisis. Like Pearl Harbor followed by Haiti.
The RAND corporation published an exhaustive 382 page analysis on the eventual collapse of North Korea.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR331.html

One detail I hadn't thought of is that the prison camps would need to be quickly secured or else the guards would execute all the prisoners to stop them from testifying against them.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

GENERAL DOUGLAS MACARTHUR

SPINNING cumming in his grave

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CommieGIR posted:

Ethics Classes for appointees are cancelled:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/polit...linkId=35054731

And all the 20 companies that created bids costing 200k are out the time and money.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Your daily dose of :3:

http://huff.to/2m1ACL4

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I was reading the CNN version of that earlier and it was basically "she laughs at my jokes"

which honestly is a huge thing as silly it is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DHS leaked a document saying extreme vetting is stupid to Maddow

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Okay, I'm a total fetal alcohol syndrome baby who is incapable of reading between the lines on the Trump/Russia connection. What's the consensus? Is there something big lurking under there, or is this going to be a huge nothing scandal? More importantly, with what we've seen so far, what's the most banal and innocuous scenario for Trump's people contacting Russian officials throughout the campaign? Were they working on a business deal or something?

Basically, tell me what the most plausible and innocent explanation for this whole thing is. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the conspiracy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

DHS leaked a document saying extreme vetting is stupid to Maddow

After watching the entire segment.. The bigger story is that DHS as a collective hates Trump so much that they are not only leaking information to Rachel Maddow, but confirming its real just to make sure everyone knows that what ever poo poo is thrown at Trump is real.

Edit:

Deathy McDeath posted:

Okay, I'm a total fetal alcohol syndrome baby who is incapable of reading between the lines on the Trump/Russia connection. What's the consensus? Is there something big lurking under there, or is this going to be a huge nothing scandal? More importantly, with what we've seen so far, what's the most banal and innocuous scenario for Trump's people contacting Russian officials throughout the campaign? Were they working on a business deal or something?

Basically, tell me what the most plausible and innocent explanation for this whole thing is. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the conspiracy.

You have a poo poo ton of different theories as to what happened.

What is known is that the Russians interfered with the election through hacking, false or intentionally misleading news stories and general fuckery. Trump benefited from this. Trump also has had previous dealings with the Russian government and state owned businesses because, well, he was a business man and thats kinda a thing they do.

The problem is if the campaign coordinated with the Russian government in exchange for favorable treatment if Trump was elected then they effectively were working with a foreign government to undermine the US government and/or its election policy.

The constant leak of bread crumbs has created a situation that we know the Russians were in contact with the campaign. First issue is that Trump and everyone involved keep saying "no one was talking to the Russians" which is a blatant lie. Its not a conspiracy theory. Its fact. The follow up is what did they discuss in those contacts. Republicans have kept trying to block anyone looking into this, Trump has been saying its all a lie, then attempting to intimidate the FBI/Congress/IC to get them to stop looking into what was said.

If they didn't do anything, then why are they trying to cover up or block investigations?

At this point, the only potential innocent explanation is that all the calls were for actual business deals not affected by the results of the election and official communications required by campaign members to meet the responsibilities of their non campaign positions held at the time. So Sessions may have been required to have meetings with Russian officials as part of his duties as a senator. If he discussed that as AG he would change laws and prevent anyone from investigating collusion if they won, then its a loving crime and he should hang.

Again. The issue here is enough people keep leaking enough information telling us that we need to investigate. The Trump administration keeps trying to cover up and interfere with any attempt to even start a inquiry.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 3, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is there something big lurking under there, or is this going to be a huge nothing scandal?

Yeah probably.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deathy McDeath posted:

Piss

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Deathy McDeath posted:

The most plausible innocent explanation is that Trump likes inforwars/fringe stuff, and hired people who like the same, and those people tend to be sympathizers to the Putinist Russian perspective for reasons I can't quite comprehend. That explains the contacts between Russia and Flynn (literally got checks from Russian state TV), Manafort (literally got checks from Putin's Ukraine puppet), and Carter Page.

That doesn't explain why Sessions of all people had private meetings with the Russian ambassador though.

I am not confident any of the Justice Department's investigations will come to anything though. I'm guessing the president of the United States and the Attorney General can find a way or two of compromising that investigation, even if officially recused from it. And the republicans in congress will block all scrutiny unless republican voters demand it, which they never will.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Everyone involved is probably guilty of violating the Logan Act

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys. Sessions did nothing wrong. The president said so. Believe him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Schiff is shaming the hell out of Comey on Maddow right now jfc

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Trump's hitting the twitter again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

They are making a warhead a month, but are incredibly chaotic. Iran is on the cusp of being a nuclear power while having a functional economy. They're similar threats. At the scale of countries America can wail on if we're out for violence.

• Locked thread