Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is there an active goon group for Supercard? I'm Summerslam level, and my current group is half inactive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

Is there an active goon group for Supercard? I'm Summerslam level, and my current group is half inactive

It's LLJK, it might be full right now but pretty soon there will be the ritual purging of the pubbies who didn't participate in the team event

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

triplexpac posted:

It won't let me kick anyone until the team event is over, but send an invite to LLJK some time tomorrow and I'll make sure you get a spot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sweet thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that

Counterfeit
May 20, 2007
So I bought WWE 2K17 the other week, and I've got a question. I started career mode and lost my first two matches and blew my promos so I'd start in NXT. Is there a point that I'll get raised to the main roster, or do I need to switch my championship belt focus to someone who holds a main event belt to do so? Just wondering if there's a point the game will promote me to the main roster since I've won almost every match or if I have to do it myself.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Counterfeit posted:

So I bought WWE 2K17 the other week, and I've got a question. I started career mode and lost my first two matches and blew my promos so I'd start in NXT. Is there a point that I'll get raised to the main roster, or do I need to switch my championship belt focus to someone who holds a main event belt to do so? Just wondering if there's a point the game will promote me to the main roster since I've won almost every match or if I have to do it myself.
You might get called up at some point, but I'd recommend just doing it yourself. I blew through developmental, but I was U.S. Champion for 400 days and a Paul Heyman guy before they... let me onto Raw.

If you're expecting MyCareer to be, like, a story engine, that will chronicle your rise to the top, and contextually respond to your actions, it's not. Other than the cut scenes it's basically just Universe Mode, if you only controlled one guy and he wrestled every single show.

Hottest tip I can give is that switching championships also ends whatever rivalry you're currently in and skips your next match, and you can just keep doing that until you get to something novel, like the Rumble or Money in the Bank. Just make sure you're going after the big belt and you're not in a rivalry the day of, or you'll end up in some bullshit nothing match on the midcard and it'll be another 108 goddamned matches before you get another shot at it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cubone posted:

You might get called up at some point, but I'd recommend just doing it yourself. I blew through developmental, but I was U.S. Champion for 400 days and a Paul Heyman guy before they... let me onto Raw.

If you're expecting MyCareer to be, like, a story engine, that will chronicle your rise to the top, and contextually respond to your actions, it's not. Other than the cut scenes it's basically just Universe Mode, if you only controlled one guy and he wrestled every single show.

Hottest tip I can give is that switching championships also ends whatever rivalry you're currently in and skips your next match, and you can just keep doing that until you get to something novel, like the Rumble or Money in the Bank. Just make sure you're going after the big belt and you're not in a rivalry the day of, or you'll end up in some bullshit nothing match on the midcard and it'll be another 108 goddamned matches before you get another shot at it.

Hmm that doesn't sound fun at all!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

dont even fink about it posted:

Hmm that doesn't sound fun at all!
I'm pretty sure I was doing whatever the video game equivalent of "hate-watching" is.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Guys... TEW broke me

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

Guys... TEW broke me

That much exposure to McMahons could give anyone a brain tumor. TEW's realism strikes again!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wtf is a 1000 logo limit

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

triplexpac posted:

Sweet thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that

Alright, there's a spot open. Just send a request to join and you'll be all set!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Demp posted:

Alright, there's a spot open. Just send a request to join and you'll be all set!

Dang my deck still doesn't meet rarity requirements! Is it based off your exhibition team? That's only WM++

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

triplexpac posted:

Dang my deck still doesn't meet rarity requirements! Is it based off your exhibition team? That's only WM++

That's fine, I'll just lower the requirements and you can try again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Demp posted:

That's fine, I'll just lower the requirements and you can try again.

Thank you! Request sent

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Android punters will be getting an invite to the WWE Champions Faction Fight (or something like that) Beta.

Few things to note:

1) You fill out a google doc and then get taken to a hockeyapp website - register in a new tab/window. If you register they'll tell you to download their app, gently caress that poo poo, just register and reload the original page and you can download the beta.
2) You'll need to enter a new name and do the tutorial again :(
3) We'll probably have to set up a new faction in the beta to test the functionality, so it seems a bit dumb...?

Beta's on until the 3rd, US PST.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, I dunno if I'm gonna bother with the beta, to be perfectly honest. Too much effort for what will almost certainly end up being a lovely/totalloly nonexistant reward.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

On the plus side you go do a two match tour, they give you 10's of thousands of coins, level you up into the 30s and you get to open loot boxes with 40 odd items (including wrestlers) in each. If they had these sort of rewards in game, it'd almost feel like it's worth playing!

Would ya look at those numbers, gotdamn

Won't let me create a faction though for some reason, the create button doesn't respond :( The No Diet Soldiers will never live.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

You and your drat big numbers won me over :mad:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

remusclaw posted:

Now here's the odd thing. In Fire Pro the wrestlers don't grapple and dip like that. Timing is for exact moment of the grapple. That dip after the grapple is for the timing from King of Colosseum.

It was actually like that in some of the Super Fire Pro Wrestling games on SNES.That and the way the ref moves are clear callbacks to the SNES games.

Edit: Probably should've appended :goonsay: to this post. Didn't realize how spergy it came off.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 2, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Whoever made Champions both knows their wrestling and has a sense of humor. Legend Killer Orton has his hangman DDT as a signature and the game has it called 'Vintage'.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, there's some fun little things. If you pair Bray and Barrett, it gives you a bonus for them both being in the Nexus.

Also Bray's finisher is a Stunner which I only vaguely recall him having broken out before.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I like that Triple H's finisher is just him standing there choking the other person

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Word of advice I wish I knew.

If you're gonna go crazy with CAWs and arenas with Universe mode (aka, 6 brands), you're gonna have to delete every CAW's attire down to one attire for the most part so you can fit under the 1,000 logo limit.

Wish I had known that being 60 deep..

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/837483066314498048

PS4/PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjfkQlql2g

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 3, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

:vince:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Spike is Love.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/837484161157865472

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Steam?!? :flashfap:

Is this even real life? Glad Spike took the smart money and released on viable systems. Happy I don't have to give Nintendo 300 bones now because this was literally the only reason to do so (besides that all time great Zelda)!

Online play potentially added and I'm child at Christmas-level hype for this poo poo.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 3, 2017

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

It was actually like that in some of the Super Fire Pro Wrestling games on SNES.That and the way the ref moves are clear callbacks to the SNES games.

Edit: Probably should've appended :goonsay: to this post. Didn't realize how spergy it came off.

Don't worry about it, I was being goofy anyway. Love me some Fire Pro. Yay!

Addendum: I started with x Premium and played a little bit of Queens special which came before it, but those early games, the ones you are talking about, I could never figure out the timing.

Yay!

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 3, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: ONLINE MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED :siren:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chris James 2 posted:

:siren: ONLINE MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzKgD89oOE

also 8 player offline on pc

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 3, 2017

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
The FPW Arena guys were going absolutely nuts as the press conference happened. Great vibe. If any goons were around I'm unimportantguy there as well.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am there under the same name, though not a frequent poster at all. So excited. Steam!! Imagine if it allows for community created assets!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This is the best wrestling video game news in 20 years.

edit:

remusclaw posted:

I am there under the same name, though not a frequent poster at all. So excited. Steam!! Imagine if it allows for community created assets!

I cannot imagine modding capability was not a part of this, given how they helped nudge it along back in the goddamn Dreamcast and PS2 eras. I imagine this game will ship without a single licensed wrestler in it and one week later every licensed wrestler in the world will be available.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Some info from FPW Arena and various other places

- The new smooth look appears to be a filter (my note: hopefully it's removeable)
- 4 player online. Developers are trying to get to 6
- 8 players offline on PC
- It will launch with 30 original wrestlers
- Over 2000 moves & parts
- 4 costumes per character
- Each part can have up to 9 layers

And the steam page is up http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230

quote:

The greatest grappling game returns to take on the world!
Customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, in your fight for the championship belt.

PLAY ONLINE
Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.

MIX UP THE RULES
Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.

UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION
Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee!

https://twitter.com/afillari/status/837487291417272320

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 3, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Awww gently caress, Steam release better have workshop support although that's gonna be a lot of copyrighted material that the major promotions have to ignore.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

unimportantguy posted:

The FPW Arena guys were going absolutely nuts as the press conference happened. Great vibe. If any goons were around I'm unimportantguy there as well.

That poo poo was crazy. I've never seen the chat so wild.

(LordMo, btw)

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Testekill posted:

Awww gently caress, Steam release better have workshop support although that's gonna be a lot of copyrighted material that the major promotions have to ignore.

Part of me thinks its shipping with originals because Early Access.

If it ends up being poo poo, the community will just call it poo poo and not migrate over. Like how everyone stuck with D when Z was shite. If there isn't an official way to share saves, I hope you can at least do poo poo with the files and poo poo on the Steam release or this may already be DOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's PC - modding tools will exist within a month or two.