Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Cop Urbie is gonna be a bigger Pirates Bane SPL build, calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fumblemouse posted:

I have some vague recollection of this happening to a robot buddy and him fixing it by re-turning on tooltips in Settings but I could be wrong.

I have vague recollections of loving with those same settings. You are a good-ish person.

e:
VvvvvvV

Yes. A sextant.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Am I correct feeling that the difference between 10 and 14 DHS can only be measured with scientific instruments because it's sure as hell not 40 percent

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Cop urbie can just steal a page from the firestarter book and have 5MPL and if it is quirked right it will still be better than the firestarters.

Also lmao holy poo poo you can get 6 coolshot 18s with the miscellaneous skill tree.

E: oh wait, you can't equip multiple coolshots. Misc skill tree still pretty bad.

E2.0: Oh my god the phoenix hawks are impossible to handle now

Commoners fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 3, 2017

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Commoners posted:

Also lmao holy poo poo you can get 6 coolshot 18s with the miscellaneous skill tree.

E: oh wait, you can't equip multiple coolshots. Misc skill tree still pretty bad.

I don't know if you can equip 6 but you can do at least two, one of the preview vids (from Snuggles Time maybe?) showed that, there's a node further down the tree that 'unlocks' the ability to equip two coolshots.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Also lmao they broke some of the mechs completely in the test server. The jenner IIC(O) has .28kph/second acceleration

The PHX3S gets 364m optimal range medium lasers and can perform 400m lateral horizontal jumps while shooting.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 3, 2017

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Commoners posted:

The PHX3S gets 364m optimal range medium lasers and can perform 400m lateral horizontal jumps while shooting.

:parrot:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Oh dear lord, I forgot I had this account:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

Oh dear lord, I forgot I had this account:

Pro as gently caress name and unit tag.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

veedubfreak posted:

The hero urbie has 5 energy, ams and 1 ballistic.

After reading that the police lightbar would be functional I tossed :pgi: :10bux:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

WarLocke posted:

^^^: Probably make a good laser vomit build then. Urbies kind of disappoint me in that I want to mount dakka on them but a UAC5/AC10/LB10X is pretty much as big as you can go; you can fit an AC20 on, sure, but you have to make a bunch of sacrifices to also get ammo for it.

Instead of having trees for each type of weapon, it has one 'weaponry' tree that has everything in it. Agnostic nodes like cooldown, heat generation and such but also type-spcific (velocity for ACs, beam duration for lasers, etc) so you can find yourself having to 'waste' points on some nodes to get to the ones you want.

I think that's what everyone is talking about, anyway.

Oh, the mobility trees got merged too, now it's one big tree split down the middle, with the lower torso stuff on one side and the upper torso on the other. But all the Speed Tweak nodes are at the very bottom, so if you want all of them you have to go down both sides of the tree.

PGI is really taking incompetence to a whole new level. First energy draw, now this new skill system, it's a miracle that they managed to put together a game at all.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Are black knights, panthers, grasshoppers, or enforcers still worth picking up for cheap sale loving around?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Are black knights, panthers, grasshoppers, or enforcers still worth picking up for cheap sale loving around?

Black Knights and Grasshoppers are some of the best IS heavies - they haven't really changed. Jam them full of LLs or LPLs and go. There's one pretty good Enforcer (the 4R jammed full of lasers) and some mediocre fun ones (UACs in the 5P). Panthers are irredeemable garbage.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The skill tree system v2 is much more acceptable to me than the first iteration. You can't smash maximum cooldowns, range, heat, etc. into your weapons without making an actual performance sacrifice elsewhere. I think decoupling mobility (acceleration, decel, turn speed, etc.) from engine size and merging mobility quirks into base stats is pretty cool, because the mechs that used to suffer horribly from having garbage engine caps can now actually perform well in their roles.

The other cool thing about it is that by merging them into base stats, the mobility tree % buffs apply to that base stat instead of being additive to the quirks. Of course they hosed it up with some of the mechs and gave them .1kph/s acceleration and deceleration because :pgi:, but playing around with a std 60 urbie with the decoupled agility means you can actually function instead of being 100% since some assaults were capable of circling you in a brawl. It's still totally suboptimal, but it's at least playable now.

The whole premise still needs fine tuning, but I'm starting to see some cool build varieties and stuff out of this instead of before where it restricted you to One True Skill Build. The jumpjet tree is still a garbage fire, but if they really made those numbers significant it could possibly be something worth actually taking.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 4, 2017

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Commoners posted:

The skill tree system v2 is much more acceptable to me than the first iteration. You can't smash maximum cooldowns, range, heat, etc. into your weapons without making an actual performance sacrifice elsewhere. I think decoupling mobility (acceleration, decel, turn speed, etc.) from engine size and merging mobility quirks into base stats is pretty cool, because the mechs that used to suffer horribly from having garbage engine caps can now actually perform well in their roles.

I was always wondering when they would address the fact that speed tweak also boosted torso twist rate, turn rate, etc. It was always the most nonsensical implementation of anything, and that's saying something with PGI.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So which BK is the one to buy? Cause with the skill system on the horizon, I'm sure as gently caress not buying 3.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

They're pretty much all the same imo. I think one of them gets an extra laser somewhere and maybe one of them has a higher engine cap???

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I think the 7-L looks better. Higher engine cap, plus it has 15% energy range and 5% energy heat. The 6 gets 5% range, 5% heat, 5% cooldown and the others are more built for PPCs. WHen it comes to PPCs, though, I'd rather go a little heavier and get an awesome.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

Panthers are irredeemable garbage.

I had the extra cash so I went ahead and bought a panther 10k, and Ithink I'm in love. 101kph pre-speed tweak and 2 PPCs with nutso quirks? yes please. It' not the be all and end all but holy poo poo you can be annoying and do a lot of damage.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Are you using ER PPCs on the 10k? I've been using the 9R and finding it sorta miserable; even on games where my heat never dips below half meaning constant fire, I get 6-700 damage over seven minutes, and that's with cooler standard PPCs.

It is quite durable against larger mechs returning fire, but other lights just chew it up, and that 90m minimum is really painful.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cyrano4747 posted:

I had the extra cash so I went ahead and bought a panther 10k, and Ithink I'm in love. 101kph pre-speed tweak and 2 PPCs with nutso quirks? yes please. It' not the be all and end all but holy poo poo you can be annoying and do a lot of damage.

I tried really hard to love the Panther and the quirks are quite nice. Even with the engine cap and limited hardpoints it seems quite viable.

Then you realise the gun arms are hipshooters and :rip:

You can do worse for a light though and the geometry is otherwise excellent.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Cyrano4747 posted:

I think the 7-L looks better. Higher engine cap, plus it has 15% energy range and 5% energy heat. The 6 gets 5% range, 5% heat, 5% cooldown and the others are more built for PPCs. WHen it comes to PPCs, though, I'd rather go a little heavier and get an awesome.

Given the rebalancing up ahead I think it's safer to ignore quirks altogether. That means either the -7 for the best hardpoints, or the -7L for the higher engine cap - although I'm not sure an XL380 on a 75 tonner is worth its weight.

DancingShade posted:

After reading that the police lightbar would be functional I tossed :pgi: :10bux:

There's no preorder bonus so there's no reason to grab the K-9 before it's actually released.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Commoners posted:

armored core crossover sounding real good

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

aniviron posted:

Are you using ER PPCs on the 10k? I've been using the 9R and finding it sorta miserable; even on games where my heat never dips below half meaning constant fire, I get 6-700 damage over seven minutes, and that's with cooler standard PPCs.

It is quite durable against larger mechs returning fire, but other lights just chew it up, and that 90m minimum is really painful.

Just using regular ppcs. So far no problem with getting eaten by lights I just hang with the group and poke like a baby awesome.

Hip level weapons aren't as huge a problem in a light going 100kph. Lots more corner poking which it's good at.

It's not the best light on existence but it's fun and can be effective in tier 2 solo queue at least

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

So which BK is the one to buy? Cause with the skill system on the horizon, I'm sure as gently caress not buying 3.

I seem to remember the stock 6-k is the one i favored the most.

xl 350, 3 LPL, and as many small pulse as you can fit has done me way, way, way more good than it has any right 2. the 2 ams is just a bonus for closing.

Quirks are wierd on the knights, btw. I think they've changed a bit since I bought them, but basically the -6 is the only one with mobility quirks.

The -7l is my runner up and second fave contender. higher engine cap, but it has +15% range currently - and a torso twist speed boost that's better than the -6.

I tend to like my LPLs on my arms and to brawl and use the bigger engine for positioning advantage, though. Take that playstyle choice into account, because some of the models shuffle stuff round.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 5, 2017

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
You can slap a standard/XL of your choice on there and fill the slots with MPLs with MLas filler for a pretty okay brawler mech. Fits the lower hardpoints too.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
in current build the blacknight you want is the one with the agility quirks, 3 LPL 5 ML and an xl.

durability has taken a hit with quirk nerfs but still a solid robot. Use the 3 LPL 5 ML build and get as much xp as you can imo.

e: all of the guns are low slung, that's why you want the one with agility quirks, so you can pop in and out using the LPL at range.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah, if you're looking for a poker the grasshopper is much better than the BK. The BK is a commit and go mech where you go in and brutalize the opposition.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MWLL is alive again so you should all be playing that instead, FYI.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Except that game is janky as gently caress in tyool 2017

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hanging on for March 15th

Heffay
Feb 5, 2016
Morning everyone. Just a quick heads up of my new MWO music video just so everyone here is in the know. You guys have a great sense of humor, so keep in mind when you see the WoL part, it's because you guys make me LOL, not because you're a bunch of douchebags. I figured everyone here had an evolved enough sense of humor to not take it seriously (except yoda, who nobody seems to have clued in to the joke). Which is, of course, why I didn't include any KONG references in my video, as they WOULD have taken it personally and made a 2000 post thread about how awful a person I am.

Anyway, here's my new video. Will be released in about 25 minutes. Enjoy! Or don't. Either way, I'm quite proud if it. <3 u goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL1EEfam3Vk

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
WhatIdidatPGIcampHeffayvideo.mp4

:gooncamp:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Heffay posted:

Morning everyone. Just a quick heads up of my new MWO music video just so everyone here is in the know. You guys have a great sense of humor, so keep in mind when you see the WoL part, it's because you guys make me LOL, not because you're a bunch of douchebags. I figured everyone here had an evolved enough sense of humor to not take it seriously (except yoda, who nobody seems to have clued in to the joke). Which is, of course, why I didn't include any KONG references in my video, as they WOULD have taken it personally and made a 2000 post thread about how awful a person I am.

Anyway, here's my new video. Will be released in about 25 minutes. Enjoy! Or don't. Either way, I'm quite proud if it. <3 u goons.

:stare: I guess this is art. I'd recommend using more cartoon Urbies iny our future videos.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Reminds me a bit of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCco3tJx4w

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I don't get the MLG promode shot that gets used about 40 times. A guy gets ppc sniped and dies and apparently that's bad?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Heffay posted:

I really liked the song and the Urbie / Spider band.

The dancing Atlas was also cool. :five:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Great Beer posted:

I don't get the MLG promode shot that gets used about 40 times. A guy gets ppc sniped and dies and apparently that's bad?

Yeah someone explain this to me I don't get what's supposed to be funny in there.

Twerking rubies is always fun.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I think its saying that those MLG wannabe 228 guys are all idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah someone explain this to me I don't get what's supposed to be funny in there.

Twerking rubies is always fun.

Dancing Atlas is cool and good, just because King Atlas. Urbie Rockstar will never get old.

• Locked thread