Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Nooner posted:

also big shout out to whoever linked the steaming sitea few pages back, I love you big time, been going through whole series again and

Why did Amazon remove it from their site, I was literally giving them money to watch it, why do they hate my money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

food court bailiff posted:

Why did Amazon remove it from their site, I was literally giving them money to watch it, why do they hate my money?

Possible comeback to Netflix?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
actually, her big day is the sentencing. this is just the arraignment

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Strickland Propane, taste the heat, not the meat

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Head to feet, you won't cause a leak. Feet to head, everyone's dead

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nooner posted:

also big shout out to whoever linked the steaming sitea few pages back, I love you big time, been going through whole series again and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSBV0vTfTo

Chuck Mangiowns

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Moridin920 posted:

Right, like Peggy

:v:

Thread's come full circle. Shut 'er down, boys.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JB50 posted:

Ya, I dont understand the sympathy for this rear end in a top hat. Hes basically the worst character on the show.

Nobody thinks Cotton is a good person. He is, however, an amazingly well done character.

Moridin920 posted:

I don't believe Cotton's stories.

:colbert:

He saw all 50 of the men he killed in John Redcorn's sweat lodge. Do you think the sweat lodge would lie? You think the history of the native Americans is a crock of poo poo, you racist?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Nobody thinks Cotton is a good person. He is, however, an amazingly well done character.
I always love when he's unexpectedly not an rear end in a top hat. Like meeting Gary Krasner: "happy Hanukkah. Served with one of your tribe in the Pacific, name is Brooklyn. You know him?"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

stealie72 posted:

I always love when he's unexpectedly not an rear end in a top hat. Like meeting Gary Krasner: "happy Hanukkah. Served with one of your tribe in the Pacific, name is Brooklyn. You know him?"

Cotton also legit loves Bobby and always supports him. I don't think he ever even speaks a single mean word to him.

He's one of, if not the, most consistent character in the series.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I still think KoTH has the most fully fleshed out characters of any series. Especially if you ignore the last season.

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Who What Now posted:

Cotton also legit loves Bobby and always supports him. I don't think he ever even speaks a single mean word to him.

He's one of, if not the, most consistent character in the series.

He also didn't approve of the thought that Hank might hurt Peggy. When she ended up in the full body cast after her parachute failed and they were all at the hospital, he said to Hank, "What'd you do to Hank's wife? I didn't teach you that!"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'll help you with yer dishes!!! *grabs chair*

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

stealie72 posted:

I still think KoTH has the most fully fleshed out characters of any series. Especially if you ignore the last season.

I agree with this here, and it's what mainly got me into KOTH back in the day, even though I might've been too young to really know why I loved it so much (well, I was 14 in '97, but I didn't think about stuff like this). King of the Hill is a cartoon filled with real people. :colbert:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

Chuck Mangiowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEz2kPLqYxY

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hanks mom was probably mentally ill before she met Cotton.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Who What Now posted:

this is cemented by that scene where he volunteers to watch bobby for the evening and just chills on the couch watching bobby dance to "don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me"

really drives the point home that bobby can do no wrong in cotton's eyes

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

stealie72 posted:

Also being the first person on the block to recognise Khan was Laotian, purely from his looks alone. Cotton is a bizarre character with various flaws and positives in a strangely complex fold.

Nooner posted:

not every character has to be likable or have redeeming qualities for them to be a good character
Echoing this sentiment, well-written characters do not have to be sympathetic nor likeable, they just have to be consistent.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

Also being the first person on the block to recognise Khan was Laotian, purely from his looks alone. Cotton is a bizarre character with various flaws and positives in a strangely complex fold.

His treatment of women is appalling. Hank has some issues. I think Bobby is going to be alright.

Cotton shits on Hank, is polite to Bobby and positively dotes on Good Hank.

He really is a terrible man tho. Hilarious, but terrible. Do not teach a baby to shoot Cotton.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Haha Bill stuck in the tire

"don't tell me what to do! "

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cotton is a horrible person, but a pretty awesome grandpa. And really, considering that he's a penguin of a man who cant actually harm anyone, that evens out in my eyes

Also the peggy rehab episode is awesome, and is one of the only hints that he really does like his family

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Neurolimal posted:

the peggy rehab episode

the who rehab episode

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Hes referring to the episode where he inspires her to walk again after the skydiving accident

e: oh sorry

The Hank's wife rehab episode

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 3, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FinalGamer posted:

Also being the first person on the block to recognise Khan was Laotian, purely from his looks alone.

"Mr Kahn, I'll have a Mai-Tai!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah millennials are always surprised at how much more mature the previous generation was than they are

Hank Hill and Homer Simpson had jobs and families while you at the same age are playing videogames and watching cartoons

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah it doesn't make sense that Khan would be depressed

depression only affects unemployed white millennials

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Cotton is just saying what we're all thinking

You okay my dude? Seems like you're really angry about something and are blaming it on young people in the King Of The Hill Cartoon Show thread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_srb7wcTA&hd=1

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nooner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSBV0vTfTo

*In extremely Boomhauer voice*
Dang 'ole you're welcome man

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I like when Cotton shows up and the family is eating pancakes and cotton says: "smells good!"

"I'll have waffles"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

You okay my dude? Seems like you're really angry about something and are blaming it on young people in the King Of The Hill Cartoon Show thread

I'm angry because I'm a kissless virgin

if only a cute asian girl had moved in next to door to me, things might have turned out different :/

me and Bobby are both fat, but have good senses of humor. some people have all the luck

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There was also the episode where cotton was made principal of bobby's military academy. He seemed mean to Bobby at that point.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He wasn't mean to Bobby, he was being tough to him to make sure he developed good character.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The last thing Cotton wanted was another Hank. After all he wasn't even Fort Berk material.

Isn't berk rhyming slang for oval office?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

...and the pitch! posted:

The last thing Cotton wanted was another Hank. After all he wasn't even Fort Berk material.

I live in the commonwealth and ive heard berk used to describe someone stupid. So ill say possibly

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Isaac posted:

I live in the commonwealth and ive heard berk used to describe someone stupid. So ill say possibly

They said it on Top Gear not infrequently.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Berk = Berkshire hunt = oval office.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

They said it on Top Gear not infrequently.

I woulda first heard it in the 90s its definitely something. I dunno if its rhyming slang or what

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bill Posters posted:

Berk = Berkshire hunt = oval office.

There we go maybe

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/berk

Could be Berkeley Hunt I guess.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fort Berk exists on a wikipedia list of fictional schools. That seems appropriate to that list somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I never noticed this before

im the guy tryna sneak into the frame so i can be on tv