Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I hate ferrari because of the whole "there cant be F1 without ferrari" poo poo where they threaten to pull out and everyone loses it. I hope liberty takes away their special snowflake heritage bonus money and f1 council vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You're wrong, I full on hate Ferrari. They are the worst.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How can you hate Ferrari. Remember '85~

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Ferrari are cool and good and if you hate Ferrari then you are uncool and bad

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
People don't like Sebastian Vettel because he is a fraudulent little poo poo who is far more petulant than Hamilton has ever been and is a multiple world champion who has never been able to win from further back than 3rd on the grid

He's probably a perfectly nice guy off the track

poo poo-rear end-ti-anus Vag-smell

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari are the best team in the history of Formula One. I love them.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They are the funniest team in racing because they have a bunch of Italian engineers work on their cars yet they act like they can't understand why their car inevitably sucks.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hehe there you go. So haha Ferrari.. no wait.. what I actually mean is all Italians are incompetent and stupid! lol!

No, no, that's not a racist slander made by some dickwad, that's all good and fun F1 banter!

(they speak a different language and everything!)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Relax.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I guess I'm just articulating where this poo poo comes from for someone from the outside.

Gret's comment is all lols for certain types of people, for others it makes us see red with the sheer casual acceptance of it. I guess I can say it's done the other way too, the English have been the butt of Italian jokes since Roman times.

But yes, basically.. poo poo runs deep. We don't like each other. It has grown this way over many, many years and many snarky comments. It will never change, it's part of F1!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/732395128002842628

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Well if you don't like Ferrari you should love Mercedes. They're the only ones who ever wiped the floor with the Italians in the greatest era of GP racing (34-39) and the second greatest (48-55). All the Ford/Cosworth/Lotus/Tyrell/Williams/McClarens just barely stayed ahead of the Italians. Germany is the rightful ruler of all things.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Came here just to complain about Ferrari but then I giggled real hard at this good post.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If I recall correctly the silver cars wiped the floor with everyone, every time time they decided to wipe a floor.

Back in the day of the lethal torpedo cars, Merc was kicking rear end too until some huge crash where a Merc killed like 50 people in a crowd and they withdrew from the competition because it was a unsafe clusterfuck.

Oh we Italians appreciate the Germans, in fact the greatest pairing of all time was an Italian team and a German driver (and an English engineer but that kind of fucks up my story lol)

Also if you actually go to Europe now and go to Italy and then go to Germany, it's night and day. Italy is broke as gently caress and nothing works and in Germany my modest hotel room squarely in the 'budget' bracket had nicer fittings in the bathroom than my house.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Im really enjoying having Teds notebook for testing on in the background, but its too short. Does he or any of the Sky f1/OldBBC personalities do a podcast?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Do you listen to the Five Live one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007m6lj

It's very good, even if it's very English :)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I often find myself whistling the Italian anthem at work

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

gret posted:

They are the funniest team in racing because they have a bunch of Italian engineers work on their cars yet they act like they can't understand why their car inevitably sucks.

Which is why I love Ducati's MotoGP team.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Italy has one of the few entertaining national anthems

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Ferrari made f1 real fuckin boring for 10 years when I was a kid. That's why Ferrari sucks. Because they cheated for 10 years straight.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
RBR made F1 real loving boring not that long ago. Merc made F1 real loving boring last year.

Making F1 real loving boring is more a notch on the belt than a failing. If at some point your team managed to make F1 real loving boring, that's because you did it right.

Which is in total contradiction to what fans want to see, but another cool part about F1 is it's not totally dictated by whatever fans want right at this minute. It does serpentine back and forth trying to respond to fans, but there is no Fanboost and there will always be discrepancies between the cars because.. because F1.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Calling it now, big comeback year for Seb. He's never been to fond of the hybrids, but atleast with the cornering speeds back up I think he will adapt well. Seb 2013 was basically the best season for a driver ever.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
da gently caress you talkin about seb is literally a garbage person in a garbage team

Tony Montana posted:

RBR made F1 real loving boring not that long ago. Merc made F1 real loving boring last year.

as a red bull fan i disagree, their dominnandcne wass gratee foiur thesa soporit ansandnd i ii caccntt waaiitit f

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RIP Dubs

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

Ferrari made f1 real fuckin boring for 10 years when I was a kid. That's why Ferrari sucks. Because they cheated for 10 years straight.

That really wasn't Ferrari though. I don't get how you guys get so mixed up over this, winning is irrelevant to Ferrari. This is what Ferrari is about, its moments like this:

https://youtu.be/vWpZw2h4-jQ

Its easy to call Ferrari cheaters or poor losers but really they're a group of guys that may not be the best but they're super passionate about racing. 90% of the time that isn't enough and emotions get in the way but the 10% it is makes it all the sweeter when they do win, and then the rest is just gravy.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dubs posted:

da gently caress you talkin about seb is literally a garbage person in a garbage team

His reputation for only being able to win from the front in the best car (i want to say hes never won from lower than 2nd, IIRC) Isnt helped by his new tactic of attempting to overtake by whining to his team or Charlie Whiting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Vettel telling Charlie to gently caress off was the most Ferrari thing in the world and it was fantastic.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It really was. Betas the world over recoiled while Italians the world over cheered

edit: other awesome moments in F1
Senna saying that Prost is a pussy, directly, in an interview to the world and having Nige literally pat him on the back for it
Nige calling out Frank Williams as being a stingy oval office after winning the WDC for him
Schumy storming into the pits to clock DC one

bascially men were men and gave far less fucks about 'image' and 'branding'

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 3, 2017

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A look at some of the new poo poo on cars this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElV2Pvg0lx0

Presentation is pretty ad-hoc, but good enough.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

AgentJotun posted:

Calling it now, big comeback year for Seb. He's never been to fond of the hybrids, but atleast with the cornering speeds back up I think he will adapt well. Seb 2013 was basically the best season for a driver ever.

The reason is because Seb doesn't do well in cars with a less than super solid back end. He can't master the torque of the hybrids and had the same problem in 2012 after the blown diffusers got banned/tyres became unpredictable. His performance this year will depend on how well the Ferrari smooths out the torque, treats its tyres and how much downforce they can get in the back.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dubs posted:

as a red bull fan i disagree, their dominnandcne wass gratee foiur thesa soporit ansandnd i ii caccntt waaiitit f

Did you have a stroke? :ohdear:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dubs posted:

ok ok RBR greatest team ever! Someone check his pulse!

(first time I ever forced a stroke on someone talking about Ferrari)

\/\/ gently caress :stare:

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 3, 2017

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
redd bull is really the ultimate f1 team andd theiir domnninnce wass thehe resutlt of harrrrrraafd wwrorikr nndddd

edit:https://www.youtube.com/embed/ElV2Pvg0lx0?start=280&end=283

Dubs fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 3, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is Dubs dying like Hefe?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

Nige calling out Frank Williams as being a stingy oval office after winning the WDC for him

To be fair, Mansell basically gave 0 credit to the FW14B: Invincible Robot Car.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

It really was. Betas the world over recoiled while Italians the world over cheered

edit: other awesome moments in F1
Senna saying that Prost is a pussy, directly, in an interview to the world and having Nige literally pat him on the back for it
Schumy storming into the pits to clock DC one

bascially men were men and gave far less fucks about 'image' and 'branding'

hahah I had not seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6P-_OiflbI

marvelous

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Happy Ferrari Good. Sad Ferrari Hillarious.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

djssniper posted:

I'm assuming they all take one chassis (with maybe a replacement), and interchange the race seats, or is there a rule to only allows one driver for each team at a time on track

Yes, teams can only run one car. I'm not sure if they can bring two and send out the other as soon as the 1st is back in, but even if they are they don't.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Italy has one of the few entertaining national anthems

It's actually got lyrics

"This loving song
Goes on and on
Goes on and on
For far too long"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted: