Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

that theme got old in like ten seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

that theme got old in like ten seconds

Hahaha did you actually buy it?

I told you not to pick that one :P

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/aztec-temple-hiq-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-DYNAMICTHEME0033

This is the only one I could see myself using, it's real good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Hahaha did you actually buy it?

I told you not to pick that one :P

It has a 30 second preview video you dolt

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

It has a 30 second preview video you dolt

Then why did you ask me if you should buy it or not???

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Then why did you ask me if you should buy it or not???

Because I had honestly forgotten about the two other skeleton themes at the time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Played another two hours of Night in the Woods, plot started to happen and my friend and I got into it, then the plot slowed but it was still okay. I think the game does mood really well, I do wish the main character was a little less edgy, she's one of those people who likes rain more than sunshine and I just can't get along with someone like that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/GiornoPizza/status/837440733405655041

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This would make a good photoshop thread here in games. Create better versions of classics.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlNc81dnYQI

I might get to play this board game in a few weeks because a friend was all "I'm gonna buy this for you" even though I told them they didn't have to :D

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm not trying to and if it sounds that way I'll quiet up about it, I'm just simultaneously disappointed because I feel like I somehow coerced them into saying they'd buy me a board game as a gift because they know I'm poor and have no source of income and also excited at the prospect of finally getting to play Neuroshima Hex, a board game that looks like a lot of fun.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

This would make a good photoshop thread here in games. Create better versions of classics.

I like this idea a lot. Maybe I'll do some effort posting this weekend...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbeLga0E_I

The Bloodborne dynamic theme is the one I've always used and probably always will use. The Hunter's Dream theme is so soothing!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only good theme was the afrika zebras

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I had Corn Love Forever as my theme for so long the song is burned into my brain. I wish I could buy the Neir Automata theme without the digital preorder.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have been annoyed for literal years now that Sony's stupid branding prevents themes from actually reskinning everything so you'll always have the ugly-rear end PS+ and PS Store blocks ruining the aesthetic no matter what

edit: Also they have never implemented a "hide all of the icons and poo poo and just show the theme" button

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Kinda tempted to buy the Switch. It's not even sold out. But I'll wait. until it has more games or there's a better deal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Normally I'd be all over a new Nintendo console but there doesn't seem to be anything worth buying one for at the moment, if Zelda was a huge upgrade over the WiiU one it'd be different but eh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People who have played Death Road to Canada: How fun/replayable is it? I am considering buying it but I don't have any friends who have played it to ask the opinions of.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CJacobs posted:

People who have played Death Road to Canada: How fun/replayable is it? I am considering buying it but I don't have any friends who have played it to ask the opinions of.

Very fun, very replayable! The core game loop of roadtrip cyoa sections + stopping to whack zombies as you scavenge for supplies is rock-solid. There's a ton of content in it - weird roadtrip encounters, unique characters, different weapons/settings to fight zombies in -

Let me put it this way. If you dig the humor, you'll probably be like me and put in 20+ hours. I've won a few times but there's still more to see and do.

Game is good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool. I watched a small bit of a stream of it and I like the game's style and sense of humor so I may as well buy it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are saying the color depth is worse on the Wii U? What does that actually mean

Wii U has very slightly worse contrast. That means black isn't quite as black, colors in general are a little dimmer, that kind of thing.

Emphasis on the very slightly, though. It's a miniscule difference that is probably 100% unnoticeable when you also factor in the differences in how TVs show colors. It's something that was much more noticeable in the E3 version but, well, that was nine months ago so clearly it changed.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

More like "Make video game characters look their age" :v:.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I can confirm that Death Road to Canada is good. Fun too!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

More like "Make video game characters look their age" :v:.

Mario is canonically 24

Palpek, is that what 24 year-olds look like where you live :ohdear:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

was third in line for a switch this morning and they had 7, the best part is the electronics manager at the walmart came out and gave us numbered tickets so we could just go wait in our cars till opening. They only had two neons that got bought by the two guys ahead of me so I had to settle for grey.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was doing really well and then one of my characters just blew up and killed us all and I have no idea what happened. Death Road to Canada is great so far!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

I can confirm that Death Road to Canada is good. Fun too!

Too bad I never get that event, I only ever get standard and boring post-apocalypse fare like "oh no you see some bandits" :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

You'd better believe I wrestled that moose

and got hosed up by it but who cares you don't turn down the opportunity to wrestle a moose

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

the only good theme was the afrika zebras

It's very good yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like my Gals of KOF theme

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm now like 7 hours into Hollow Knight and it's cool but frustrating. The movement mechanics feel a little bit unpolished in a way that makes platforming kinda uncomfortable for me, and so far there's two different platforming areas that rely on you doing the downward attack move that is really difficult to do consistently. It's a cool game, but the further into it I get the less I'm like "maybe I'm just really bad at this game" and the more I'm like "no, I think there have been some questionable design decisions made here". It's also all about bug people but nowhere do you run into a gigantic human-scale object, like a big shoe or whatever, which is just sad imo. Why make a game about bugs without doing silly size things. Even the plants are pretty regular sized.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I ditched my Amazon order and got Zelda from an actual store you walk in to, amazing technology they have nowadays.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

You'd better believe I wrestled that moose

and got hosed up by it but who cares you don't turn down the opportunity to wrestle a moose

LOL what is this wonderful game, some kind of Oregon Trail clone?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So who done played the Zelder

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I played the zelder, the zelder is... good

This is the only time I have ever wanted to own a PS4

VideoGames posted:

There was that one dude (Handre?) that was known back in the olden days for drawing bizarre reimaginings of game box art. I think it turned out later that he was a racist though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 3, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL what is this wonderful game, some kind of Oregon Trail clone?

Deathroad to Canada and it kind of is a clone:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252610/

Think of a sillier version of Organ Trail with better controls and tense instead of frustrating gameplay.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the one hand, I want to hold off on getting Zelda since I know it's going to take focus away from Horizon and Nier: Automata.

On the other hand, it's loving Zelda and it looks so good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really love the Everybody's Gone To the Rapture theme but you could only get that for preordering the game.

Right now there's a free Indivisible theme that I think it's quite nice if you're looking for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I ditched my Amazon order and got Zelda from an actual store you walk in to, amazing technology they have nowadays.

I may do this with Nier today

• Locked thread