Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

matt yglesias's eviler twin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Great

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

So when are they just going to start saying Liberal/Leftist media? because that is clearly what they mean

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Brown Menace posted:

there are people who are not like

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/837476361946206208

who just brazenly exist in public

i warned you about the internet bro

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tacodaemon posted:

one of the things that struck me during the few weeks i spent following the voat pizzagate threads is that the vast majority of it was people from the sticks flipping poo poo over things like that that would not have even registered with me as weird if i hadn't seen pizzagate people's reaction. normal arts-scene quirkiness or drag queen flamboyance that for me would be like just an ordinary thursday night but to them was, and i quote, "satanic luciferian"

the rural parts of America are deeply culturally impoverished and a dude wearing eye shadow is enough to get you looks/threats depending on the time of day. it's not even that they necessarily believe in God, you're just an out of context problem for them and they have few ways to deal with those.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Trump charging into a Goblin's nest

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Serf posted:

i warned you about the internet bro

the NEETifada will reclaim the holy city of akibahara

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

the rural parts of America are deeply culturally impoverished and a dude wearing eye shadow is enough to get you looks/threats depending on the time of day. it's not even that they necessarily believe in God, you're just an out of context problem for them and they have few ways to deal with those.
yes that's cultural poverty lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

jBrereton posted:

yes that's cultural poverty lol

it is though? if you have no idea how to talk to a dude who has makeup on, you're tragically lacking in basic civilized abilities, you're culturally impoverished.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

i think this is necessary to understand in order to understand juggalos as a rural counter-culture

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Good morning

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Trump charging into a Goblin's nest

Kissing goblins

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Wikkheiser posted:

i think this is necessary to understand in order to understand juggalos as a rural counter-culture

same as goths before them, though the goths weren't as long lasting

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/837499711913357312

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yesterday sure was a day

Goblin king pranced around on a carrier while his wh seemed completely out of touch and the justice dept melted down lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

same as goths before them, though the goths weren't as long lasting
yeah and i think juggalo-ism is goth but comes across as more threatening and less sissy

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

So when are they just going to start saying Liberal/Leftist media? because that is clearly what they mean

'mainstream' has been code for liberal and (((liberal))) since at least W's first term.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Wikkheiser posted:

yeah and i think juggalo-ism is goth but comes across as more threatening and less sissy

yeah, it's much more of a kin selection thing, the stressing of family and that. goth was mostly just clothes and cloves (gently caress I miss cloves).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

triple sulk posted:

Good morning

Hello!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa39v3WAAbY

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

tacodaemon posted:

it started with this tweet that /pol/ nazis made with a photo from the @subwaycreatures instagram showing a woman wearing a niqab sitting calmly on the NYC subway next to a drag queen*. liberals picked it up and made fun of it for hours on end

* whose drag name I later learned is "Gilda Wabbit"

found Spicy on his way to work in the replies

https://twitter.com/PeteHeacock/status/837345524315533312

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wikkheiser posted:

France ... I dunno. The memories of the Nazi occupation still linger there and the Le Pen clan is not exactly a new phenomenon. Her dad made it into the runoff years ago and got blown out.

Is FN, or even far-right groups in general, recognized as Nazis by people who aren't already diametrically opposed to them?

Like, I have this nagging feeling that there are people out there who do recognize Hitler as a really bad dude, but completely fail to make the connection to contemporary analogues.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Relevant Tangent posted:

yeah, it's much more of a kin selection thing, the stressing of family and that. goth was mostly just clothes and cloves (gently caress I miss cloves).

God, right? Thanks Obama

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is FN, or even far-right groups in general, recognized as Nazis by people who aren't already diametrically opposed to them?

Like, I have this nagging feeling that there are people out there who do recognize Hitler as a really bad dude, but completely fail to make the connection to contemporary analogues.
FN are the inheritors of Free French nationalism and not Pétainisme of course.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol so he was meeting the rusky as a surrogate of trump's campaign

dun played yo self seshy

Serf
May 5, 2011

mothra 2020

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Wikkheiser posted:

Man, you know you've got some fragile snowflakes when Juggalos scare them.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

how dare they impugn the motives of general sessions, the media must be ordered to remain silent like pocahontas

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Guys I'm sure this whole Russia hubbub is just a big misunderstanding

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[Day Crewly, very wastely] When one soberly considers the powers vested in

The Brown Menace posted:

there are people who are not like

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/837476361946206208

who just brazenly exist in public

[Night Crewly, very wisely] lmao nevermind, another day of alcoholism it is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Have you all forgotten that nothing matters?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

what a mess

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Serf posted:

mothra 2020

shobijin imo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ladies and gentlemen, bill cassidy of louisiana

Key GOP senator: For many voters, Obamacare is ‘a subset’ of the Affordable Care Act

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

all this poo poo is treason

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Noone else picking up this story?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Welp, I just caught up with 230 pages of posts from the last 48 hours. Good thing I didn't want to do anything on a Friday night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/blog-post/week-washington-week-ag-jeff-sessions-under-fire-contact-russia-president-trump-announces

Bob Costa is going to be hosting Washington Week later today for all y'all twitter fans out there.

• Locked thread