Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You guys, Zelda is so loving good.

I'm liking the Switch so far. I've only played it in tv mode, the joycon grip is pretty comfortable though.

I got Snipperclips last night, downloaded it no problem (followed by the Zelda patch). Haven't touched it yet though.

Might get Shovel Knight, and based on what Anidav is saying, BUMMERMAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
came with 2 dead pixels right in the middle of the screen. i'm so loving pissed

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

Where do you guys strolling in and getting a Switch live? I tried that here (NYC) with absolutely no luck, despite heavy market saturation. Hopefully everyone gets restocked soon...

Miami. I wasn't expecting to get one but I really really lucked out. Hope you can get one soon friend.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Amazon delivered mine at like 8:30 this morning. Gonna be a long fuckin' day

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since I asked when nobody had the system, does the system have support for bluetooth speakers? I know bluetooth headsets are not supported, but what about just regular rear end headphones? Or I have to get a 3.5M stereo jack headphone?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rirse posted:

Since I asked when nobody had the system, does the system have support for bluetooth speakers? I know bluetooth headsets are not supported, but what about just regular rear end headphones? Or I have to get a 3.5M stereo jack headphone?

Doesn't look like anyone has confirmed/denied on Reddit yet. I have a set of bluetooth headphones so I'll give it a try when my Switch comes but it's not gonna be here until this evening probably.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Zelda isn't bitter enough for my tastes. I hope future games are more bitter!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I have found the best way to enjoy the Nintendo Switch, it is to play Zelda and also to insert the cartridge and not lick it.

I like that once you link your Nintendo account you can just buy all your eshop games from the website and have them start downloading, but I think you need to take the Switch out of sleep mode for the download to start.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lelandjs posted:

Doesn't look like anyone has confirmed/denied on Reddit yet. I have a set of bluetooth headphones so I'll give it a try when my Switch comes but it's not gonna be here until this evening probably.

Well I can test myself in a few hours when Best Buy opens and I can go pickup my in-store order. I just wanted to ask first because my old bluetooth earbuds broke the other day, and if the switch doesn't support bluetooth speakers, I Just go ahead and get a high quality 3.5M one instead this time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can you lick your Nintendo account tho

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Couple questions for Switch owning goons:

1. How easy is it to swap SD cards for the Switch before you even start it up? Do you just pop out the old one and put in the new one or are there some files you gotta put onto the new one first?

There's no old SD card. There's a prompt to add one during setup if you wish, but if you want to put it in before you even turn it on, you pop out the kickstand and an empty microSD slot is right there for you to put your new card into. No files needed to copy, reformatting or anything.

For copying data over if you're using one now, on the other hand, I don't know. I'm going to be giving that a try later today after I pick up a new one, since I only had a 32GB left over from my old phone and installed BotW onto it instead of the console. :v:

Edit:

CubsWoo posted:

I have found the best way to enjoy the Nintendo Switch, it is to play Zelda and also to insert the cartridge and not lick it.

I like that once you link your Nintendo account you can just buy all your eshop games from the website and have them start downloading, but I think you need to take the Switch out of sleep mode for the download to start.

Pretty sure you don't. I had the Switch in sleep mode while it downloaded/installed BotW with FAST RMX queued while I messed around a bit in Factorio on my computer. When I checked an hour or so later both were installed.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 3, 2017

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

http://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2017/3/2/14792436/nintendo-switch-wireless-headphones-bluetooth

I also can't find any option to pair bluetooth headphones or speakers with the console so your options are to use old wired headphones/speakers or get a 3.5mm bluetooth dongle.

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Zelda arrived today but no Switch. Cart doesn't taste great but not that bad.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Rirse posted:

Well I can test myself in a few hours when Best Buy opens and I can go pickup my in-store order. I just wanted to ask first because my old bluetooth earbuds broke the other day, and if the switch doesn't support bluetooth speakers, I Just go ahead and get a high quality 3.5M one instead this time.

I don't see any way in the OS to pair anything except joycons and pro controllers. The only way I can see it even possibly working is if your headphones have a way to connect to the dock via USB. There's definitely not a way to set it to discover and enter a PIN, though. I think 3.5mm is the only way to go for headphones. 3.5mm to BT adapters exist but I don't know if any of them are worth a drat.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CubsWoo posted:

http://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2017/3/2/14792436/nintendo-switch-wireless-headphones-bluetooth

I also can't find any option to pair bluetooth headphones or speakers with the console so your options are to use old wired headphones/speakers or get a 3.5mm bluetooth dongle.

Oh well, guess I just get a 3.5M headphones even through Apple insisted on it being 'dead'.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Your first mistake was buying apple products.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Onean posted:

Pretty sure you don't. I had the Switch in sleep mode while it downloaded/installed BotW with FAST RMX queued while I messed around a bit in Factorio on my computer. When I checked an hour or so later both were installed.

When I bought Snipperclips the site told me it would only download once the Switch was out of sleep mode but if you're right that's even better!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I played five hours of BotW today

I would probably play another five more if I wasn't literally falling asleep trying to find this last loving cuccoo

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ignimbrite posted:

I played five hours of BotW today

I would probably play another five more if I wasn't literally falling asleep trying to find this last loving cuccoo

You gotta drink 15 5 Hour Energies for 75 consecutive hours of energy, dawg*

*please don't actually do that :ohdear:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Why did you all bother with preorders? My experience preordering the Wii U was an absolute shitfest. It arrived much later than launch. This time, I learnt from my mistake. I just went this morning to two shops and picked it up personally. I was back home and playing by 11am. Beats sitting around all day waiting for the postman, who can come anytime between morning and evening. I hate not knowing what time it'll be here, makes the wait that much more painful.

Are any of you experiencing frame drops in BotW? It happens a lot when I'm attacking stuff, I guess cause of all the particle effects. Really ruins immersion.

PS: sources have said "don't remove joycons whilst the Switch is docked" cause it can cause scratches. So undock first then remove joycons. Something to do with how hard you gotta press the release buttons on the joycons, that pushes the Switch forward and scratches down the screen.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

You gotta drink 15 5 Hour Energies for 75 consecutive hours of energy, dawg*

*please don't actually do that :ohdear:

i prefer my heart intact and still in my chest thankyouverymuch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Loopoo posted:

Why did you all bother with preorders?

*shrugs* I wanted to be lazy and have my Switch sent to me, also I didn't want to "waste" a vacation day on buying a video game system.

[Edit: Holy lol Brickseek still shows that the WalMart in town still has all 17 Switches that they had when it opened two hours ago.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 3, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had to go to Target to do adult things and they still had like 10 Switches left so I decided that part of being an adult is spending money on being a kid again. :hellyeah:

I guess so many people that didn't preorder just assumed big box stores wouldn't have any :confused:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Rirse posted:

Oh well, guess I just get a 3.5M headphones even through Apple insisted on it being 'dead'.

The fact that a portable focused console was released in 2017 without Bluetooth headphone support is pretty laughable.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Loopoo posted:

PS: sources have said "don't remove joycons whilst the Switch is docked" cause it can cause scratches. So undock first then remove joycons. Something to do with how hard you gotta press the release buttons on the joycons, that pushes the Switch forward and scratches down the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pnZOgSu-Y

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Since the controllers are Bluetooth and everything, is it possible they could patch in other Bluetooth peripheral support down the line?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Since the controllers are Bluetooth and everything, is it possible they could patch in other Bluetooth peripheral support down the line?

everything is possible if you believe in reggie

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i hear its coming in the day 2 patch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Is it possible? Sure! Are they likely to do it? Depends if Nintendo decides to release a Switch-branded headset.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone please tell me if USB headphones work with the dock?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I tried to replicate the left joycon sync issues. Sitting about 10 feet away, no problems even blocking it with my hand while held under a blanket. Did eventually replicate the issue, but only by leaving the room, moving about another 5 feet and even then only when blocking it completely with my hand. I tried closing the door to the room it was docked in and it still worked fine so long as I wasn't going out of my way to block it with my hand.

I imagine mileage will vary based on different individual systems and situations, and it would be good if they fixed the issue entirely, but for now it seems like as long as I don't try to play the Switch in a different room it won't be a problem.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These fuckers at UPS think they can reschedule my delivery to Monday. Just spent like 45 minutes on a customer service call and got it pushed up to a supervisor because this poo poo is ridiculous. They don't even know why it was rescheduled loving useless.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I'm very happy that Nintendo chose to respect their fans and release BOTW for both the Wii U and the Switch but I can't help but wonder what this means in term of Switch sales. This is one of best (and best reviewed) game of all times, and other than for an increase of 180p in resolution it looks identical on the two consoles.

Some of my friends bought a used Wii U specifically for BOTW, spending 100 to 150 euros. With the added bonus that they can now access the entire Wii U / Wii games lineup which they discovered to be absolutely loving incredible. They won't buy a Switch anytime soon.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kawabata posted:

I'm very happy that Nintendo chose to respect their fans and release BOTW for both the Wii U and the Switch but I can't help but wonder what this means in term of Switch sales. This is one of best (and best reviewed) game of all times, and other than for an increase of 180p in resolution it looks identical on the two consoles.

Some of my friends bought a used Wii U specifically for BOTW, spending 100 to 150 euros. With the added bonus that they can now access the entire Wii U / Wii games lineup which they discovered to be absolutely loving incredible. They won't buy a Switch anytime soon.

It's not identical. The shaders/lighting look way better on the Switch.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

ratbert90 posted:

It's not identical. The shaders/lighting look way better on the Switch.

Nope, see every comparison video from the last 24 hours.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kawabata posted:

Idk this has kinda been the case for the last several iterations of any 3D console. Oh sweet the old stuff is hella cheap look at all this stuff I never played.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Just got to my local Fred Meyer and there are about ten people in line ahead of me. I coulda slept in, dammit.

Edit: Oh lord some dude just came up saying he wants to record the line for an unboxing stream and one dude was not okay with that.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 3, 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Kawabata posted:

"oh no, they might buy more software without us having to manufacture more hardware, whatever shall we do?"

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kawabata posted:

I think it's two totally different audiences. I could have bought it for the Wii U, too, but I figured I'm going to end up buying a Switch, anyway, so I might as well do it now.

It doesn't stop me from going back to dip into the Wii U and 3DS catalogs, because I don't trade in my consoles, and it gives me access to all the bitchin stuff they have in the pipeline like Xenoblade 2, New SMT, like 40 indie games that I want, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kawabata posted:

That's OK. As long as they're on Nintendo's platform, the potential of them switching to the Switch will be bigger.

• Locked thread